AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-22, 01:38   Link #25441
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Open ended, but who knows he might do a season.3 along with his new work.

Anyways

https://twitter.com/ananikuzim7/stat...839168/photo/1
Old 2014-09-01, 05:11   Link #25442
Diggy DaCosta

Hey people. Just joined, so hello everyone.p

It's not often that a series has captivated me like this, and what's maddening is that the epilogue leaves a LOT of room for future stories and development.

I've been reading through many fanfics to see if anyone has decided to write their own continuation based on the canon epilogue. I haven't really found anything notable in that regard, but there's one EXCELLENT fanfic that GrrDraxin brought up:

Quote:
Though the one I've been looking to do this with is the one I hold in high esteem that isn't afraid to go into R-18 material (and with the writer's permission already obtained), and basically has Tsukune become a full vampire just like the manga does, but one of a different kind, and doesn't deal with overly cliched "ultimate" enemies, and doesn't have our favorite vampire MILF be dead, or end up dead by the end... maybe. And certainly may not play with the whole 'fake' persona that is Omote Moka as a way of explaining her existence.

Though if you've read it before (the one called Here In My Arms by Platinumsabr) you'd know that it tries to stay true to how the feel of the pre-Fairy Tale arc was. Not really getting too dark, and emo, but having the silly harem moments, and highlighting the personality quirks of the characters for the lolz.
I actually emailed this dude sabr to compliment him on how well written and detailed his story is. Funny thing is, he told me that he's never read the Epilogue or final chapters in the Fairy Tale fight. The most striking thing is that, with the exception of keeping the Inner/Outer Moka split, he gives a very detailed, emotional and -best of all- plausible picture of a romantic, polygamous progression. In fact, I was on the fence with whether the story should proceed as monogamous (Tsukune x Moka) or polygamous, but this story actually convinced me to be pro-polygamous.

I'm actually writing up a little "eval" on how I believe the story should progress given canon...
Diggy DaCosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 22:33   Link #25443
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

There's also the Fan-Fiction by Jdog, on like 50 chapters holy moley.

IMO I'm not such a polygamous geek, I feel it becomes way to freakin' disjointed and romantic interactions become so common it gives one a headache and saps away from the uniqueness of it all. Harem mangas aren't known for their romance, only their fan-service, so maybe blame the portrayal. Even when a harem manga does delve into romance every other chapter is the MC sharing a deep moment with girl #C and it becomes really old really quick, a constant juggle of romantic interactions.

Ultimately it depends on the person and their tastes, though.

Honestly I envision the RV crew becoming the next generation of Faculty for the Youkai academy as it begins to accept human applicants. I can easily see Moka as the board member who travels around the world enforcing order while Tsukune stays at home as the headmaster and maintains proper school business.... And of course, everyone teams up to take out baddies who mess with the Human/Youkai healing process, of course.

I've done my own FF and have stopped because my stuff basically became un-canon out of the get-go. It happens, of course we want a continuation though!
Old 2014-09-01, 22:50   Link #25444
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Although, judging from the end of the chapter prior to the epilogue, Kira rebuilds Fairy Tail and opposes Tsukune at every turn from then on. I really can't see how Kira would manage to get support for Fairy Tail, especially with so many high-ranking youkai allied with Tsukune.

I hope that Kahula isn't revived or something by Alucard's blood from Kira and binds her to him like a subservient spirit/creature. Not only will that earn Moka's eternal anger, Kokoa is going to make a beeline for him to kill him for disgracing her dearest sister like a common meat puppet. Writers, feel free to use that.

Question is what will Akuha do - although I bet that she won't mind working underneath Moka and all that entails since she's a recognized Shinso now. I can see Akuha sparring with Moka so that Moka can actually beat her one-on-one.
Old 2014-09-02, 03:58   Link #25445
Diggy DaCosta

Mach, that was exactly what I was thinking on how to keep "the band" together after graduation. Yukari can teach math or science, Kurumu can take over Home Ec, Mizore can teach art (ice sculpting, anyone?), and Moka can be the head dean (she can teach math too, or English, but it's easier to slot in the other girls' as specialties b/c Moka always seemed to be well-round academically).

I was also thinking that there's many opportunities to open up the R+V world. What other monster-type areas exist in that magic tunnel? For example: we've never seen Kurumu's hometown and/or where her mother resides, and ditto for Yukari/her parents. I read one pretty good fanfic where Akasha Bloodriver had her own place that was left to Moka. It was stashed away somewhere and it was made into a home/home-away-from-home for the group - I don't think that's out of the realm of plausibility. And just how big is Paradise - did the group even explore most of it where they were there training?

Tempest- I think Akuha kinda sorta owes Moka a bit of an apology for her hand in things, even if the root of her intent wasn't completely evil. I really don't know how you'd use Akuha going forward; I mean, she finally recognized Tsukune as Moka's mate and Issa Shuzen is back in order. Can't see her reverting back to the dark side of things. Maybe Issa brings her along to spar/train with Moka as he trains Tsukune... I dunno.
Old 2014-09-02, 23:04   Link #25446
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
@Mach Is the fanfic you mentioned that one called R&V Chronicles
by Jdog2012?
Old 2014-09-03, 12:20   Link #25447
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

@Grr Yeah, that's the 61 chapter grand slam.

It's got an army of hybrid children (with powers from both parents, no mixed-gems, kinda non-canon IMO)...... you've been warned.
Old 2014-09-03, 18:06   Link #25448
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
@Grr Yeah, that's the 61 chapter grand slam.

It's got an army of hybrid children (with powers from both parents, no mixed-gems, kinda non-canon IMO)...... you've been warned.
and also they are not safe
Spoiler for latest chapter:
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 18:13   Link #25449
Deus Ex
Call me Convel

I am curious, are there any rumors about Ikeda's new manga, that's supposed to start this month?
Deus Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 00:31   Link #25450
GrrDraxin

We won't know until its released.
Old 2014-09-06, 07:41   Link #25451
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I know it's late but why does shinso moka want to drink blood from shinso tsukune

Also

Can tsukune eat human food or only blood ^^?

Lastly uhm does shinso moka and tsukune still affected by vampire weakness silver and water

Uhm I hope it's ok to ask this
Old 2014-09-06, 15:58   Link #25452
Diggy DaCosta

R+V Chronicles

OK so I bit and started reading. So like, wow those are a lot kids you created. How'd you come to decide on that, and how do you manage to keep track of them all?
Old 2014-09-06, 16:38   Link #25453
Diggy DaCosta

kusabireika: The vampires in R+V can eat mostly normally. Although Tsukune is now a Shinso vampire, Moka hasn't abandoned her habit/addiction to biting him - according to canon, his blood is still delicious to her (thus the quip about cannibalism in the epilogue).

In the manga, Tsukune has yet to give in to biting Moka or anyone. It's easy to imagine though that he's gonna need a drink sooner or later.

The vamps in this story are indeed affected by water - it's their greatest weakness. I believe silver affects them too, though I don't believe the mange explores that much (someone help me confirm that please).
Old 2014-09-06, 16:41   Link #25454
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy DaCosta View Post
kusabireika: The vampires in R+V can eat mostly normally. Although Tsukune is now a Shinso vampire, Moka hasn't abandoned her habit/addiction to biting him - according to canon, his blood is still delicious to her (thus the quip about cannibalism in the epilogue).

In the manga, Tsukune has yet to give in to biting Moka or anyone. It's easy to imagine though that he's gonna need a drink sooner or later.

The vamps in this story are indeed affected by water - it's their greatest weakness. I believe silver affects them too, though I don't believe the mange explores that much (someone help me confirm that please).
Ic thx for answering
Old 2014-09-06, 18:06   Link #25455
GrrDraxin

Unfortunately, there are no answers to those questions, and no possibility to get those answers since there won't be any more chapters.

So in light of this, we can only speculate on those. But for convenience, I'll offer my opinions.

1. She still drinks from him because it tastes good. Plus he's one of the few, if not only vampire who doesn't become anemic if he doesn't drink any blood himself, because it's possible that he still produces his human blood which subsidizes his own vampiric blood, and enough to feed Moka.

2. Yes, Tsukune can still eat normal food. So does Moka for that matter, but she just needs that little extra oomph that blood gives her for sustenance.

3. A tough one, as no exploitation of those weaknesses were used on them in the ending chapters. But I would say that Moka may still be affected the same as usual, and Tsukune would be immune to them as he always has, with possible exception to rosaries, and other "holy" items, and not just silver, or just water.
Old 2014-09-06, 18:59   Link #25456
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Unfortunately, there are no answers to those questions, and no possibility to get those answers since there won't be any more chapters.

So in light of this, we can only speculate on those. But for convenience, I'll offer my opinions.

1. She still drinks from him because it tastes good. Plus he's one of the few, if not only vampire who doesn't become anemic if he doesn't drink any blood himself, because it's possible that he still produces his human blood which subsidizes his own vampiric blood, and enough to feed Moka.

2. Yes, Tsukune can still eat normal food. So does Moka for that matter, but she just needs that little extra oomph that blood gives her for sustenance.

3. A tough one, as no exploitation of those weaknesses were used on them in the ending chapters. But I would say that Moka may still be affected the same as usual, and Tsukune would be immune to them as he always has, with possible exception to rosaries, and other "holy" items, and not just silver, or just water.
Ic thx a lot I forgot to ask this questions

I hope on the new manga they will feature tsukune, moka and comp. just wishing
Old 2014-09-06, 20:40   Link #25457
Hokoga

Is Ikeda's new manga related to R+V ?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 21:50   Link #25458
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Is Ikeda's new manga related to R+V ?
Here's hoping, but who knows.

If anything, I'd dig a cameo appearance :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy DaCosta View Post
OK so I bit and started reading. So like, wow those are a lot kids you created. How'd you come to decide on that, and how do you manage to keep track of them all?

I didn't create it, ask J-Dog. xP
Old 2014-09-07, 02:15   Link #25459
Diggy DaCosta

Here's a big 2-part question I've been pondering, something that may even be beyond you kind folks on this board:
I just learned over the past couple of years why a lot of anime series only last like 2 seasons. When I was in my 20's I remember reading a Cowboy Bebop article where the magaka said that Spike wasn't dead, he was just "sleeping". So I thought maybe it meant they would somehow revive it. Samurai Shamploo was another favorite of mine's (b/c of the story and the hip-hop essence in it) that I wondered why it ended after just 2 seasons. I get it now: a 22-23 minute episode takes up several chapters of manga (I know you all know this, just bare with me lol).

So w/r/t R+V, a unique situation (to me) in that the anime differs greatly from the manga storyline, I think a lot of us would be happy if they rebooted the anime and stuck to the manga storyline (about 90% - no filler arcs but maybe extend some scenes here and there).
Given that us here in North America are diggin' the whole supernatural theme (forget even True Blood, and Twilight - I'm talking more Lost Girl and MTV's Teen Wolf reboot), is it completely impossible for:
A. a reboot to be done with an eye towards continuing the series (say, with a new title, like "Youkai Academy")? What if an (rich) American bought the animation rights, found a studio that can stay honest to the artwork, and build a dual plan to market the sh!t out of a reboot here AND in Japan?
B. In 2-3 years time, ask Ikeda if he wants to pick back up the manga? If he does, cool. If not, then whomever owns the animation rights can build a team of writers who are well-versed in R+V universe to create a sequel that starts 1/3 or 1/4 way into the group's senior year.

I can go on - I have 26 pages written so far about how I'd continue the series - but I'll stop here for now.
Old 2014-09-07, 16:28   Link #25460
GrrDraxin

Go ahead and keep going. We've got nothing better to do, might as well hear the whole of your thoughts.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire