AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-01-04, 23:01   Link #1
james0246

General Character Discussion: Uzumaki Kushina

This character thread is dedicated to the discussion of the hawtness known as Uzumaki Kushina. Her image may have appeared only once or twice (so far), but despite her non-presence, she is still one of the most important characters of the series (if for no other reason than the fact that she is Naruto's mother). Sadly, not much is known about Kushina, so we can only speculate for now, but we will undoubtedly learn more as the series progresses.

This is a manga thread, so spoiler tags are not needed. Besides that, the general rules and courtesies apply. And, since this thread is dedicated to Kushina, please keep the conversation focused on this red-headed beauty.

So, please discuss.

Edit: Here is the databook information (provided by Gingitsune, I think) concerning Kushina -

Quote:
Uzumaki Kushina

Naruto is a wonderful name.

Stats' graph: ?

Stats:
Ninja Registration Number: ?
Date of Birth: July 10th (? years old, cancer)
Height: 165.0cm - Weight: 47.0kg - Blood Type: B
Personality: Tomboy, doesn't like to lose
Favorite food: Salt ramen
Least favorite food: Bitter stuff, coffee
Desired opponent: Non one in particular
Favorite words: Don't give up until the end
Hobbies: Chattering, prank

Academy Graduation Age: ?
Chuunin promotion Age: ?
D-rank: ?
C-rank: ?
B-rank: ?
A-rank: ?
S-rank: ?

Page 023
A strong-willed, red haired Kunoichi who sees her dream for the future through the life she carries.

Main text: A former Kunoichi from the Uzu no kuni, she's the woman who gave birth to Naruto. In the gruesome girlhood's upheavals of wars Kushina went through, she was looking for one thing, a daily "peace" that appease the heart. Kushina'd had a child with her lifelong companion, she got what should had been her peace. However, that was too weak and it crumbled away before Kyuubi. Kushina entrusted her dream to Naruto, her baby to be born... To get peace for himself. And, the resolve to never it give up.

Upper picture's side text: A strong-willed spirit and that kind of ninjutsu skillfulness, even the sannin had heard of her, she won fame... Tsunade: "Yeah…his personality and ninjutsu are just like Kushina's."

Lower picture's side text: Along with Minato, she wished for the village's peace. Jiraiya: "Minato and Kushina's hope... their wish was fully granted."

Konoha Hundred leaves collection #27
Uzumaki Naruto, the origin of the name

Main text: "Naruto" - Strangely, Jiraiya who later became his master, gave his approval to use this name from his almost autobiographic novel's main character. A hero with a "heart which never gives up", just like Jiraiya, deeply impressed Minato and Kushina. As a common wish, they decided to give that name to their child to be born.

Right picture's side text: His godfather is Jiraiya. Did Naruto's love for ramen also come from the origin of his name? Jiraiya: "Ha ha... my… you say you'll make me his godfather?"

Left picture's side text: With Naruto's name, he was put into the nindou he will later follow. Minato: "Once the child is born, it will be nice if he grew to become a shinobi like the main character."

Last edited by james0246; 2010-01-05 at 10:27.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 23:03   Link #2
Gin
*Artist

I bet Danzou killed her.
Old 2010-01-04, 23:03   Link #3
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, it's some pretty wild speculation. I've been wondering for a while why Minato didn't tell anyone Tobi was behind the kyuubi attack. It occurred to me now that someone must have been there, to take Naruto once the kyuubi was sealed, since Minato would die in the sealing. The only person who'd have anything to gain from hiding the kyuubi's controller is danzou: he'd get to blame the uchiha, remove them as a threat to his rule and acquire a useful sharingan for himself.

So, my theory is that a bunch of people were with minato, including danzou and/or his flunkies. Minato relayed the info to them (and kushina, naruto was a newborn so I'm guessing she must have been there too), then sealed the kyuubi and died. Danzou or his flunkies kill kushina and whoever else was around, take naruto back to the 3rd or whatever and say kushina and whoever else was around got killed fighting the kyuubi.

plot-wise it also sets up danzou as a major enemy for naruto, and gives naruto a personal reason to hate his guts. sadly, it'll probably end with a conversion jutsu as naruto and sasuke both learn forgiveness. or something. kishi better not ruin the ending.
Old 2010-01-04, 23:07   Link #4
james0246

Personally, I hope Kushina is alive...and she is the main villain of a potential Part III .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 23:16   Link #5
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Personally, I hope Kushina is alive...and she is the main villain of a potential Part III .
Kushina has the other part of the Kyubbi's chakra?
Old 2010-01-04, 23:32   Link #6
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Kushina is actually Rin. She faked her death because she knew it would give Kakashi a new power.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 23:37   Link #7
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Kushina is actually Rin. She faked her death because she knew it would give Kakashi a new power.
Ah, its so obvious, I don't know how I missed that.
Old 2010-01-05, 00:41   Link #8
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I bet Danzou killed her.
I suspect the same thing.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 01:51   Link #9
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Kushina? I see her as a character that could potentially be very interesting. The shame is we all know that she won't get much attention, unless somehow she either

a.) has a penis.

or

b.) is an Uchiha survivor.

I'll look forward to see what Kishi does with her anyways...if he doesn't just plain ignore her outright.
Old 2010-01-05, 03:40   Link #10
Bombo
TSF Fans

Finally the thread about her opened
I'm sure she still alive and they mention about her country..
Jiraiya and tsunade talking about her and another women..Maybe she will show up soon..

Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 03:47   Link #11
valk0v

I'm interested why Jiraiya didn't remember her name :
"Right she was that kunoichi from the former country of whirlpools ..." and here he can't remember the name.
And he's talking for Minato as a son
It's like Kushina pop up from nowhere, got pregnant, birth the child and leave, as she is no important for the story.
I want to know why, after the death of Minato, she leave Naruto alone - may be she was threaten by someone to leave the village ?
valk0v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 04:14   Link #12
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Naruto...I AM YOUR MOTHER!!!!
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 06:08   Link #13
Takashipl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Naruto...I AM YOUR MOTHER!!!!
This text combined with your current Avatar made me LOL
I kind of like james idea of Kushina being villian, but i doubt there will be part 3. I'd like to know if Kushina died giving birth to Naruto, or was she killed later (and by who)?
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 07:11   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Kushina is Tobi's mother, which makes him and Naruto siblings...
Spoiler for MANGA SPOILER:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 07:27   Link #15
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Kushina is Tobi's mother, which makes him and Naruto siblings...
Spoiler for MANGA SPOILER:
LoL just Lol !
Old 2010-01-05, 08:13   Link #16
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Am I the only one hoping she is still alive for more than just comedy reasons? Well, either way, I'm surprised to know people are actually paying attention to a character that has only appeared in 1 chapter with the Uchiha sausage-fest that is taking place in the manga right now (hint*hint: sarcasm). Truth be told, I'm probably just deluding myself into thinking Kushina is still alive. I mean let's face it, if she were alive, there would be too many questions that Kishimoto would likely not feel like answering. Stuff like: How Minato and Kushina met? What's their story? Why was she not present during Naruto's childhood (something which could have sparred the latter a LOT of crap)? What was her former country like? Why did she stay in Konoha? Hell, Kishimoto could write an entire arc for this stuff and it would be great since the center of attention would be a female character this time (a great change of pace IMO).

-But no, we will likely never hear her story because like all mothers in Naruto, Kushina is only there for the space between her legs. Hell, just look at Sakura's mother. She's not even visible. For all I know, Sakura recorded that voice some many years ago into deluding she has parents and is completely off her rocker.
Old 2010-01-05, 08:47   Link #17
neshru

What's the point of this thread? We know nothing about her, what's there to discuss?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 09:35   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Possibilities and assumptions I guess...and in case she does show up, character development!
So, from a serious approach, there could be millions of reasons for her to leave Naruto's side: sent as a spy to tail Madara but got defeated/tricked and wound up in an unintroduced country/village, sleeping in eternal genjutsu and in need of saving, etc. Having her as a villain would be shallow at this point, although if she was introduced earlier back before Narutism started, she could have been a good villain who hated Naruto for taking away her husband's life.
A possible encounter with Sakura, who kishimoto claims will become important, would be very interesting though.
I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Fukitsu Naruto though, females are treated like milk...they expire pretty fast.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 10:06   Link #19
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
What's the point of this thread? We know nothing about her, what's there to discuss?
Crack theories.

We all love crack theories.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 10:18   Link #20
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Crack theories.

We all love crack theories.
-And muffins. And melons. MELON MUFFINS!

-I still question why Naruto was never told his mother's name. I mean, Yondaime Hokage is understandable since he filled so many body-bags in other villages and made a lot of enemies, but why not his mother? Since we know most kunoichi in Naruto amount to dick all in combat department, why not tell him? Its not like they can use her as a hostage since she was never around to begin with.