AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-24, 04:18   Link #4481
Clarste
Human

I don't believe that, I was just arguing against your misuse of the word "scale". I thought that it undermined your point, which I otherwise agree with. Nukes are very powerful bombs, and you shouldn't dismiss the power of... scale. Honestly I feel like you don't understand how much energy we're talking here. Scaling things up is inherently impressive.

Also, I seriously don't care what happens to my atoms if I'm dead anyway.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 04:35   Link #4482
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I don't believe that, I was just arguing against your misuse of the word "scale". I thought that it undermined your point, which I otherwise agree with. Nukes are very powerful bombs, and you shouldn't dismiss the power of... scale. Honestly I feel like you don't understand how much energy we're talking here. Scaling things up is inherently impressive.

Also, I seriously don't care what happens to my atoms if I'm dead anyway.
I think Dengar actually gets the point quite well though, he properly feels that "scale" at a certain point makes a qualitative difference, not just a quantitative one, as the phenomena involved simply change.

And true, you, puny human, wouldn't care much about what happens to your atoms. But here we're talking about people who can survive bullets and small explosions thanks to inner energy, so I think that example helps to show that you can be able to do that and still be overwhelmed by a nuke .

Speaking of which, I think the fact that the nuke is actually portrayed as more powerful than Hyakushiki Zero is consistent. Zero was, literally, the full extent of Netero's aura in one blast. Netero was able to pack punches which would more or less be equivalent to cannon shots most likely. The sum of all the punches he could ever throw amounts to that huge beam of light that was probably like multiple conventional bombs fired at once.
Compare this with Dragonball Z, where people could survive shots able to destroy planets (I've just described what the energy of a nuke looks like. Now just think that destroying a planet would take SEVERAL MILLIONS OF BILLIONS TIMES that much energy) and yet could damage each other with punches that didn't do much beyond creating supersonic shockwaves. That's ludicrous - to scratch someone who could withstand that kind of power, a punch would probably have to be energetic enough to ignite nuclear fusion in the surrounding air. Try reading this on a similar topic, it's quite illuminating:

https://what-if.xkcd.com/1/

DBZ is awesome, but its energy scales are all wrong . But Togashi seems to have done his homework, instead.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 05:00   Link #4483
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It couldn't revive people from the dead, only heal serious injuries. No one was ever brain dead when they used it, and when the billionaire's love interest died he immediately canceled the reward. Also, it's implied that its strength comes from the heavy restrictions imposed on it by the game itself: Greed Island is itself a restriction that gives its cards extra power.

Also not really a Deus Ex Machina since they talk about it more than anything else in that arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Those cards only exist within the confines of Greed Island (except possibly as a reward for the winner) and require considerable effort to obtain. Not to mention the card limit, and the fact that there were 12-something skilled nen-users working together on the game. We've been over the fact that restrictions and circumstances can alter the effectiveness of Nen.
I didn't mean that they were pulled out of nowhere when I said that the archangel card felt like DEM, but rather that it was excessively powerful within the context of the Hunter x Hunter world (in my opinion).

Look at what it did for Gon. The card managed to heal and replace his damaged throat, eye and demolished left hand (the entire fist!). Bomber's friends were injured enough to require the card's powers to survive rather than being able to wait for regular medical attention. You would think that such a high level of healing would have been prevalent in other parts of the world in some form or other, especially considering those crippled hunters in the Heavens Arena arc (who would have seeked out such treatments if it were available).

Even Pitou's healing abilities via Doctor Blythe required a lot of time, effort and concentration to pull off (even on a human) yet the archangel card healed the targets nearly instantly, while being re-creatable with a clone card. The Greed Island arc was also the only arc where characters (mainly Gon) suffered such a crazy extend of damage/wounds from their battles - I am doubtful on whether this would have been the case if Togashi decided to not include that powerful card in the arc.

If Greed Island was on another plane of existence create via Nen abilities rather than an actual location in the real world, you could at least explain its ridiculous powers with the game world operating on its own rules, and that the players were actually not taking any damage with the real bodies but with the game-world representation. You could still link their game-world death to a real death that way.

Last edited by Eclipze; 2014-04-24 at 05:20.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 05:31   Link #4484
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
I didn't mean that they were pulled out of nowhere when I said that the archangel card felt like DEM, but rather that it was excessively powerful within the context of the Hunter x Hunter world (in my opinion).

Look at what it did for Gon. The card managed to heal and replace his damaged throat, eye and demolished left hand (the entire fist!). Bomber's friends were injured enough to require the card's powers to survive rather than being able to wait for regular medical attention. You would think that such a high level of healing would have been prevalent in other parts of the world in some form or other, especially considering those crippled hunters in the Heavens Arena arc (who would have seeked out such treatments if it were available).

Even Pitou's healing abilities via Doctor Blythe required a lot of time, effort and concentration to pull off (even on a human) yet the archangel card healed the targets nearly instantly, while being re-creatable with a clone card. The Greed Island arc was also the only arc where characters (mainly Gon) suffered such a crazy extend of damage/wounds from their battles - I am doubtful on whether this would have been the case if Togashi decided to not include that powerful card in the arc.

If Greed Island was on another plane of existence create via Nen abilities rather than an actual location in the real world, you could at least explain its ridiculous powers with the game world operating on its own rules, and that the players were actually not taking any damage with the real bodies but with the game-world representation. You could still link their game-world death to a real death that way.
The point is that the Archangel's Breath had VERY restricting conditions applied to it. Namely:

1) it could exist only within the space of Greed Island
2) it needed to be used in the specific way that all cards were used (namely, keep it in the book, then call it out etc.), which is a restriction that applies to all cards, as well as them being "gained" automatically after a certain time if they weren't kept in a slot. But most importantly,
3) it could exist at any given time in only two copies, and
4) it could only be obtained through the rather hard process of gathering all the magic cards.

So that's quite hard. If you want to use Archangel's breath in real life you need to add

5) you need to WIN the whole Greed Island game. And this can probably only done once.

So in other words, it's a miracle that you can bring in this world only at the price of months and months of continued efforts and of risking your life for it. Consider how many people died trying to complete GI. Even if one Archangel's Breath was taken out of it, overall more lives would have been snuffed out than saved by this "miracle". That's WAY more restricting that anything applying to Dr. Blithe, that has the same powers, only slower and requires the user to stay still.

Old 2014-04-24, 06:04   Link #4485
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^All that. And don't forget the part that the entire game construct that even makes the cards possible was designed, created and maintained by 12 skilled nen users working together.

The fact that Greed Island is a real world location does very little to mitigate plausibility. (in fact, I have yet to see a nen user who can actually create a virtual space where the (base) laws of physics don't apply) Unless you for some reason continue to ignore every single restriction and limitation that made it possible.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 06:30   Link #4486
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
The point is that the Archangel's Breath had VERY restricting conditions applied to it. Namely:

1) it could exist only within the space of Greed Island
2) it needed to be used in the specific way that all cards were used (namely, keep it in the book, then call it out etc.), which is a restriction that applies to all cards, as well as them being "gained" automatically after a certain time if they weren't kept in a slot. But most importantly,
3) it could exist at any given time in only two copies, and
4) it could only be obtained through the rather hard process of gathering all the magic cards.

So that's quite hard. If you want to use Archangel's breath in real life you need to add

5) you need to WIN the whole Greed Island game. And this can probably only done once.

So in other words, it's a miracle that you can bring in this world only at the price of months and months of continued efforts and of risking your life for it. Consider how many people died trying to complete GI. Even if one Archangel's Breath was taken out of it, overall more lives would have been snuffed out than saved by this "miracle". That's WAY more restricting that anything applying to Dr. Blithe, that has the same powers, only slower and requires the user to stay still.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Archangel's Breath used on Gon, Killua and both of Bomber's friends were not part of the 3 cards that they chose to take out of Greed Island. This would mean that it would technically be possible to bring in patients as "players" and use the cards to heal them (duplicated via clone card). The only real problem would be the supplies of the Clone cards.

Also, if the creators were able to create an elaborate game like Greed Island with such powerful card effects, what is stopping other hunters with similar powers/abilities and skill levels from creating a similar environment but created with more loopholes instead?

Restrict the use of the abilities to a building (hospital), apply all the things you've listed, but change the objective of the game to suit the intended purpose.

Quote:
^All that. And don't forget the part that the entire game construct that even makes the cards possible was designed, created and maintained by 12 skilled nen users working together.

The fact that Greed Island is a real world location does very little to mitigate plausibility. (in fact, I have yet to see a nen user who can actually create a virtual space where the (base) laws of physics don't apply) Unless you for some reason continue to ignore every single restriction and limitation that made it possible.
Actually, it being in a real world location matters. If it were a non-factor, Razor would not have needed to intervene when the Phantom Troupe attempted to enter GI illegally - implying that you don't actually need to access Greed Island via the game cartridge.

Again, the rules won't matter as much if it is simply something decided upon by the "developers". Its not like there aren't any similarly capable Nen users comparable to the twelve that worked on GI.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 06:39   Link #4487
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Archangel's Breath used on Gon, Killua and both of Bomber's friends were not part of the 3 cards that they chose to take out of Greed Island. This would mean that it would technically be possible to bring in patients as "players" and use the cards to heal them (duplicated via clone card). The only real problem would be the supplies of the Clone cards.

Also, if the creators were able to create an elaborate game like Greed Island with such powerful card effects, what is stopping other hunters with similar powers/abilities and skill levels from creating a similar environment but created with more loopholes instead?

Restrict the use of the abilities to a build (hospital), apply all the things you've listed, but change the objective of the game to suit the intended purpose.

Actually, it being in a real world location matters. If it were a non-factor, Razor would not have needed to intervene when the Phantom Troupe attempted to enter GI illegally - implying that you don't actually need to access Greed Island via the game cartridge.

Again, the rules won't matter as much if it is simply something decided upon by the "developers". Its not like there aren't any similarly capable Nen users comparable to the twelve that worked on GI.
Dengar's point was more that it being real world requires less effort than create a whole virtual world from scratch (which by the way would require de-materializing the whole bodies of the players as well as whatever they wear at that time, which conceptually is much weirder than mere teleportation). But you forget there than even to access G.I. you need to use your Nen. You can't simply bring anyone in the game. And even for the Clone card you still need steady supplies, and the 2 cards at a time restriction still applies, as well as all the card-specific ones. Of course Nen isn't an exact science and this stuff is all qualitative, but to me it still gives the feeling of a sensible tradeoff for the power of the Breath. Nothing says that by being clever about the whole restriction system you can't actually squeeze more out of Nen than you'd think. If Nen is like laws of nature, that's pretty much what we do with technology: we use what exists and find loopholes and clever tricks to make it work as well as possible to our service.

Old 2014-04-24, 06:43   Link #4488
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Archangel's Breath used on Gon, Killua and both of Bomber's friends were not part of the 3 cards that they chose to take out of Greed Island. This would mean that it would technically be possible to bring in patients as "players" and use the cards to heal them (duplicated via clone card). The only real problem would be the supplies of the Clone cards
You'd have to ignore for a second that normal people can't enter the game. Neither can unconscious people. Or people so weak that they can't manage a decent Ren. And there's a whole other slew of problems such as getting the patient back out. Oh and you keep ignoring the effort required to obtain Archangel's Breath. You keep saying "just clone it", but you still need something to clone.

Quote:
The lack of such loopholes is exactly why Greed Island works the way it does. You can't just take the same ability and "add a few loopholes", you'd change the entire nature of the ability.

Quote:
Restrict the use of the abilities to a build (hospital), apply all the things you've listed, but change the objective of the game to suit the intended purpose.
You can't really have life threatening adventures in a hospital.

Quote:
Actually, you do need to access via the game cartridge. Because Razor would kick you out if you tried any other method.

Quote:
The developers "decided" upon these rules, because these rules are what makes GI possible.

Quote:
If Nen is like laws of nature, that's pretty much what we do with technology: we use what exists and find loopholes and clever tricks to make it work as well as possible to our service.
As an amateur programmer, I prefer to look at Nen as a programmable development environment with a fixed library. And a machine of very limited capacity to write your programming on. If you want to make your finished product look better or work faster, you have to completely understand the library's functions and know how to exploit them into doing what you want while wasting as little processing power as possible.

Last edited by Dengar; 2014-04-24 at 07:02.
Old 2014-04-24, 07:31   Link #4489
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
As an amateur programmer, I prefer to look at Nen as a programmable development environment with a fixed library. And a machine of very limited capacity to write your programming on. If you want to make your finished product look better or work faster, you have to completely understand the library's functions and know how to exploit them into doing what you want while wasting as little processing power as possible.
Another very fitting example. I do scientific programming, so squeezing as much as possible from every clock cycle and every byte of memory is kind of the point in our field .

Old 2014-04-24, 08:50   Link #4490
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
We're talking about a bomb that pretty much destroys any matter at the atomic level. No other explosive does that.

Any matter.
Okay, but let's look at this from a practical viewpoint. If you can tank a bullet, grenade, mine, or missile without being damaged, why does a nuke destroy you? Just because it destroys any matter? But shouldn't a land mine or missile still damage you? The answer is that YES, it should, but this isn't the real world. These are superpowered beings. Why can they withstand those lesser explosions? Why can't they withstand this one? You can speculate as to the reason, but there's no real reason behind it. It's just a kind of "it's stronger" excuse, as far as I see it.

(NOTE: this is assuming that they can withstand a bullet, grenade, etc. Up until this point I thought they could, but now it's up in the air. That the significance of the nuke to me. It opens the floodgate of possibilities that a group of elite nen users would probably be defeated by a large, well trained, and well equipped modern army.)

Quote:
Yet you still find it unbelievable that it could destroy someone whose kung fu is stronger than yours?
I'm sorry, are we talking about Bruce Lee here, or the magical superhero beings in Hunter x Hunter? Even if you completely disagree with what I'm saying, you full well know this isn't a matter of "stronger kung fu." Framing it like that is disingenuous.

Quote:
I think Dengar actually gets the point quite well though, he properly feels that "scale" at a certain point makes a qualitative difference, not just a quantitative one, as the phenomena involved simply change.
As you've all probably surmised, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to physics, but is what you're saying really true? I know the KT impact that wiped out the dinosaurs was astronomically stronger than any nuclear weapon... and it was, in many ways, simply a MASSIVE rock, being thrown extremely strongly by gravity.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2014-04-24 at 09:32.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 09:03   Link #4491
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Okay, but let's look at this from a practical viewpoint. If you can tank a bullet, grenade, mine, or missile without being damaged, why does a nuke destroy you? Just because it destroys any matter? But shouldn't a land mine or missile still damage you? The answer is that YES, it should, but this isn't the real world. These are superpowered beings. Why can they withstand those lesser explosions? Why can't they withstand this one? You can speculate as to the reason, but there's no real reason behind it. It's just a kind of "it's stronger" excuse, as far as I see it.
They can withstand bullets because they use reinforcement to strengthen their bodies. The better their reinforcement, the better the strengthening is. They have never been 'immune' to anything.

Quote:
(NOTE: this is assuming that they can withstand a bullet, grenade, etc. Up until this point I thought they could, but now it's up in the air. That the significance of the nuke to me. It opens the floodgate of possibilities that a group of elite nen users would probably be defeated by a large, well trained, and well equipped modern army.)
We have been flat-out told that a average nen-user could take a dozen bullets before his defenses being overwhelmed.

A well-trained, equipped modern army could totally kill a group of elite nen-users if the group of elite nen users are dumb enough to do a frontal assault.

Keep in mind, Uboguin was crazy strong in part because he was all but immune to guns, snipers/etc. OTOH, even he was hurt by a bazooka. Not significantly damaged, but hurt.

OTOH, he wasn't hurt by a better-than-average trying to pierce him with a nen-imbued sword. So Bazooka > nen-imbued sword by slightly better than average nen-users.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 09:28   Link #4492
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
They can withstand bullets because they use reinforcement to strengthen their bodies. The better their reinforcement, the better the strengthening is. They have never been 'immune' to anything.

We have been flat-out told that a average nen-user could take a dozen bullets before his defenses being overwhelmed.

A well-trained, equipped modern army could totally kill a group of elite nen-users if the group of elite nen users are dumb enough to do a frontal assault.

Keep in mind, Uboguin was crazy strong in part because he was all but immune to guns, snipers/etc. OTOH, even he was hurt by a bazooka. Not significantly damaged, but hurt.

OTOH, he wasn't hurt by a better-than-average trying to pierce him with a nen-imbued sword. So Bazooka > nen-imbued sword by slightly better than average nen-users.
If what you're saying is true, then it's completely consistent. I just don't recall being told that about bullets.

With this in mind, the only way nen users could survive against a powerful modern army would be guerrilla warfare and, even then, they would eventually be put down completely by a determined army. To me, this saps the great significance they seemed to have earlier in the show. It also proves the ants could probably have been defeated by a military force, too.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 10:01   Link #4493
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
If what you're saying is true, then it's completely consistent. I just don't recall being told that about bullets.

With this in mind, the only way nen users could survive against a powerful modern army would be guerrilla warfare and, even then, they would eventually be put down completely by a determined army. To me, this saps the great significance they seemed to have earlier in the show. It also proves the ants could probably have been defeated by a military force, too.
Maybe, maybe not. Nen's impredictability would make it hard to stop a skilled, determined group of nen users from going after your army's commanders.

Quote:
You'd have to ignore for a second that normal people can't enter the game. Neither can unconscious people. Or people so weak that they can't manage a decent Ren.
They can go by boat. The Spiders were on the island several seconds before Razor kicked them out. That time could probably be extended by a skilled player distracting him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 10:34   Link #4494
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
As you've all probably surmised, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to physics, but is what you're saying really true? I know the KT impact that wiped out the dinosaurs was astronomically stronger than any nuclear weapon... and it was, in many ways, simply a MASSIVE rock, being thrown extremely strongly by gravity.
Well, yeah, surely. The points with an atomic bomb are 2: 1) it liberates a certain amount of energy, that is much huger than the one liberated by a normal missile, and 2) it produces radiations, nuclear waste, and so on.

1) is where the dinosaur impact was even stronger. A "rock" kilometers wide that falls from the height of space isn't to be trifled with. In this sense, it's possible that at its landing that "rock" caused temperatures of the same order of those of a nuclear explosion, simply because all the energy of its fall was released. However it's also important to remember that a nuclear weapon has a much higher energy DENSITY, that is, it releases its energy in a much more concentrated form, because it's much smaller than an asteroid. Therefore while the asteroid was more destructive for the planet overall, the bomb could be more destructive for the one single thing it happens to hit. 2) is very specific to atomic bombs though, but definitely isn't crucial to their destructive power, just a nasty side effect.

As to why energy scale is important, well, nothing is indestructible. A suit of armour is better than bare flesh because it resists to a higher amount of energy applied before it breaks (a sword cuts flesh but not armour). A kevlar jacket will be even better against concentrated attacks like bullets, but can't do anything against a missile, and so on. So Nen protection could work against missiles but not be enough against a nuke - that's perfectly consistent.

And "my kung fu is stronger than yours" is a generic catchphrase used to indicate all those situations in shonen anime where "power levels" are the only things determining the outcome of a fight, the kind of way Dragonball fights are solved for example. He only meant to say that in HXH tactics are also part of the game and being stronger than the opponent doesn't mean being automatically invincible. It's a TVTropes thing:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ongerThanYours

Old 2014-04-24, 10:56   Link #4495
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Okay I thought for a while to best describe what I'm trying to say, and I think I managed to compress it to something anyone should be able to understand:

Things that can No Sell a missile exist on this planet. Things that can No Sell a nuke, well, don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Nen's impredictability would make it hard to stop a skilled, determined group of nen users from going after your army's commanders.

They can go by boat. The Spiders were on the island several seconds before Razor kicked them out. That time could probably be extended by a skilled player distracting him.
Now you are really stretching it though. You don't even know how Razor even found them so quick. A possibility is that he has a GM-only spell card that acts like Magnetic Force except it can target things other than players (such as intruders), that would make any distraction useless. And that's not even mentioning the other GMs.

Oh, and have you forgotten that the journey to the island is extremely perilous and is not something a terminally ill patient should be doing?

Quote:

...were it not for the fact that ants are immune to bullets.
Old 2014-04-24, 11:46   Link #4496
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
So.... This is the reason people dismiss a nuke as "too normal"?

You people really have no idea what a nuke actually does, do you?
Yeah, after considering it, I realized how much my head was inclined and twisted into thinking "shonen powah>>>>> everything else". Plus, a beam that looked like it was going to release an extremely miniature supernova(which obviously doesn't come so much as close to that) was also a factor too.
Quote:
Ok, physicist here.

True, the difference is mostly a matter of scale. But if you think that "scale" is a small thing you're dead wrong. The temperature reached in the core of a nuclear explosion do not even come CLOSE to anything else you could experience. The Wikipedia page for thermobaric bombs (the hottest non-nuclear bombs out there) talk about temperatures of 3000 C. The core of an atomic explosion easily comes into the MILLIONS of degrees. That's much, much, MUCH more. It's a lot of heat to withstand if it is fired at point blank range from you. When the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, the pilot of the airplane was all but incredulous that they could destroy a whole city with a half a ton bomb - with conventional explosives, the same thing would hardly bring down a building. The shockwave from an atomic bomb travels at speeds that are absolutely uncanny.

Technically speaking, if an atomic bomb explodes next to you, it'll vaporize you, it'll break all of your molecules in single atoms, and then it will proceed to strip said atoms of all their electrons. It will then irradiate them with neutrons and alpha particles, thus transmuting them into different atoms and making them radioactive. Finally, it will disperse them over an area of kilometres due to the sheer power of its shockwave. You'll end up being a bunch of random atoms, different from the ones which originally composed your body, scattered over an area big enough to cover a whole city. Have fun with that thought.
Quote:

And true, you, puny human, wouldn't care much about what happens to your atoms. But here we're talking about people who can survive bullets and small explosions thanks to inner energy, so I think that example helps to show that you can be able to do that and still be overwhelmed by a nuke .

Speaking of which, I think the fact that the nuke is actually portrayed as more powerful than Hyakushiki Zero is consistent. Zero was, literally, the full extent of Netero's aura in one blast. Netero was able to pack punches which would more or less be equivalent to cannon shots most likely. The sum of all the punches he could ever throw amounts to that huge beam of light that was probably like multiple conventional bombs fired at once.
Very true, especially when you see Feitan's Rising Sun and Bonolenov's Jupiter in comparison to the real things they were based on. Btw curious, but what model canons would you compare Bodhavistta's hand strikes to?

Also, anyone have an idea as to how fast Bodhavistta's hand strikes are too?

Thanks for mentioning this, and you too Dengar.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 12:30   Link #4497
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
Btw curious, but what model canons would you compare Bodhavistta's hand strikes to?
Ah, this I wouldn't know . I'm not a weapons expert.

Speaking of Zero cannon looking like it was about to release a supernova... it jumped to my mind that the reason why we saw "the universe" in the Bodhistattva's mouth might be a reference to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasoda

"Upon this request it is said that Krishna opens his mouth in front of Yashoda who sees the Seven Oceans, the entire Universe with its vast expanse and also Narayana seated upon Adishesha (The Divine Snake)..."

It's hinduism but Buddhism has roots in India, so it might have been deliberate.

Old 2014-04-24, 13:28   Link #4498
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Now you are really stretching it though. You don't even know how Razor even found them so quick. A possibility is that he has a GM-only spell card that acts like Magnetic Force except it can target things other than players (such as intruders), that would make any distraction useless. And that's not even mentioning the other GMs.
I'm not stretching anything. My point is that for the intruders to be expelled, a GM has to pay attention to them, take a card from their book, and use the spell. If a skilled nen user does his best to nail Razor's feet to the ground, Razor will have to take care of the threat. And the GM spell may not work against a legitimate player. I say Razor because he's the one apparently "in charge" of taking care of intruders. Maybe another will pick up the slack if he's busy, I don't know. All it means is that the other GMs will have to be distracted too.

I'm not saying intruders can stay indefinitely. Maybe they can't stay a full minute, but who cares? All they need is a player with Archangel's Breath waiting for them when they land and a few seconds.

Quote:
Oh, and have you forgotten that the journey to the island is extremely perilous and is not something a terminally ill patient should be doing?
If it's that or the certainty of dying? I'd say "when you're terminally ill" is the best time for it.
(Unless AB only works for players. It's possible, too.)
Old 2014-04-24, 13:55   Link #4499
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Okay, fine, you win this round. If that exact sequence were to happen, then maybe it would be possible to pull it off. Are you planning to make an industry out of this? That seems rather hard to pull off. Not to mention that it would still require someone to actually obtain Archangel's Breath.

So even when you're breaking some rules of the game, you're not actually breaking the rules that allow Archangel's Breath to exist. Nor does it seem likely that you'd be able to turn this into an industry.
Old 2014-04-24, 14:37   Link #4500
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Okay, fine, you win this round. If that exact sequence were to happen, then maybe it would be possible to pull it off. Are you planning to make an industry out of this? That seems rather hard to pull off. Not to mention that it would still require someone to actually obtain Archangel's Breath.

So even when you're breaking some rules of the game, you're not actually breaking the rules that allow Archangel's Breath to exist. Nor does it seem likely that you'd be able to turn this into an industry.
An industry? Who was trying to make it an industry? But that has to be something Battera considered. As will, I suppose, the next multibillionaire to fall ill. (Major problem: the kind of nen user you'd need probably has other ways to get as much money as they want.)

Tags
action, shounen