AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-25, 22:40   Link #221
Shadow5YA

Here's hoping that Yuuko will be reborn at least when she passes on. Maybe when Kirie has a kid in the future...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 22:54   Link #222
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Here's hoping that Yuuko will be reborn at least when she passes on. Maybe when Kirie has a kid in the future...
Kirie & Teiichi's daughter.
Old 2012-02-25, 22:54   Link #223
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
That's just wrong especially when you consider what an asshole she is to her...
Old 2012-02-25, 23:01   Link #224
HasuMasu
*Artist

1. I feel like a dirty old man for looking at Yuko that way.
2. Teiichi stepping up and getting his nose-bleed worthy reward.
3. HOLY SHIT THE OLD LADY CAN SEE SHADOW YUKO!!!???

Nice cover, there.
Old 2012-02-25, 23:08   Link #225
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's just wrong especially when you consider what an asshole she is to her...
She's just a jealous tsundere.
Old 2012-02-26, 00:16   Link #226
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Time to form some crazy theories. Maybe granny can only see the 'dark side' of Yuuko because she has always been jealous of her when they were young. To go one step further, she is not unrelated to Yuuko's death.
Old 2012-02-26, 00:41   Link #227
Kyouka
Is Here

omg the latest chapter was nice
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 02:13   Link #228
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That was one hot kiss.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 08:53   Link #229
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Time to form some crazy theories. Maybe granny can only see the 'dark side' of Yuuko because she has always been jealous of her when they were young. To go one step further, she is not unrelated to Yuuko's death.
Or maybe because Yuuko has a dark past no matter how you look at it. If what little we learned about Yuuko is true, she was chosen to be the sacrifice to end a curse that may or may not be real. It might not have been her choice, and she could have been forced to do it by superstitious adults or just by a general mob from the school back then.

With the way Yuuko died, she is almost certainly a victim who would have regrets. Shadow Yuuko fits that perfectly. I don't think circumstances back then allowed for people to learn and know about Yuuko as the playful and affectionate girl Teiichi knows.
Old 2012-02-26, 21:35   Link #230
Mizuno
Undefined

So your assumption is that people from the previous gen who have been there during Yuuko's death can only see the dark side of her. Does that include people who fear Yuuko?

There's a bit of problem with that then if how people perceive Yuuko makes a difference to which Yuuko they can see, then obviously the dark rumors surrounding Yuuko in the school should give Teiichi and Kirie the wrong illusion of what Yuuko is. Which means they should have seen Shadow Yuuko first if anything but they acquainted with the good Yuuko before they saw the shadow one.
Old 2012-02-26, 21:37   Link #231
Shadow5YA

Quote:
So your assumption is that people from the previous gen who have been there during Yuuko's death can only see the dark side of her. Does that include people who fear Yuuko?

There's a bit of problem with that then if how people perceive Yuuko makes a difference to which Yuuko they can see, then obviously the dark rumors surrounding Yuuko in the school should give Teiichi and Kirie the wrong illusion of what Yuuko is. Which means they should have seen Shadow Yuuko first if anything but they acquainted with the good Yuuko before they saw the shadow one.
Kirie DID see Shadow Yuuko first.
Old 2012-02-26, 21:48   Link #232
Mizuno
Undefined

I'm too lazy to go back and check the chapters but if she did and she didn't witness her death first hand then why? Was it because they drilled it into Kirie's head that Yuuko's still lamenting her death or just lineage?
Old 2012-02-26, 22:02   Link #233
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'm too lazy to go back and check the chapters but if she did and she didn't witness her death first hand then why? Was it because they drilled it into Kirie's head that Yuuko's still lamenting her death or just lineage?
Because her grandmother drilled it into her head. There has to be some regret she has if she is still a ghost.

When they think of Yuuko as something negative, they perceive her as Shadow Yuuko. This has been consistent throughout the series. Kirie has been influenced by her grandmother, so naturally she would be afraid of Yuuko.

When Kirie started warning Teiichi about Yuuko, he got paranoid and that's when he started seeing Yuuko as something scary and hideous. He only snapped out of it when Yuuko begged and chased after him.

When the artist Okiura started losing confidence, she saw shadow Yuuko and became afraid to draw. When Mihara comforted her, she saw the regular Yuuko again.

The negative feelings don't have to be specifically directed towards Yuuko, just a sense of fear, paranoia, or insecurity in general.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:36   Link #234
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I don't think they saw 'Shadow Yuuko' her/itself, they saw our light Yuuko as a shadow, distorted by their own perceptions and fear. Shadow Yuuko is just...well, it's been a while since I was as freaked out when I saw Shadow Yuuko's face for the first time...
Old 2012-02-26, 23:32   Link #235
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I don't think they saw 'Shadow Yuuko' her/itself, they saw our light Yuuko as a shadow, distorted by their own perceptions and fear. Shadow Yuuko is just...well, it's been a while since I was as freaked out when I saw Shadow Yuuko's face for the first time...
Yes, that's what I meant. They saw Yuuko as Shadow Yuuko.

Anyway, after rereading the older chapters, I found that Yuuko knew Teiichi's name before he introduced himself in chapter 1. I wonder if that will ever be explained.
Old 2012-02-26, 23:50   Link #236
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Yes, that's what I meant. They saw Yuuko as Shadow Yuuko.

Anyway, after rereading the older chapters, I found that Yuuko knew Teiichi's name before he introduced himself in chapter 1. I wonder if that will ever be explained.
That was explained on that very same chapter, Yuuko suggested that since Teiichi was aware of the story of the cursed mirror, and that since the story involves someone calling your name and you turning around, "he thought" that something was calling him (similarly to how Momoe thought that someone was chasing her).

Teiichi thinks that it was actually Shadow Yuuko the one that called him on, and the cause was probably something like "I want to be found", that theory is quite interesting but hasn't been followed up and probably won't be.
Old 2012-03-08, 14:42   Link #237
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Second PV (anime), one month to go.... Now to check Vol 6 status

edit : Saw the PV, and I noticed that they are going to bundle in the release date for manga volume 7 close to vol 6, and at a time that the anime will still be broadcasted.... They obviously want to maximize profits out of Yuuko's kneesocks, so yeah.

Spoiler for Yuuko's neck tie:

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-03-08 at 15:28.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 15:33   Link #238
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Second PV (anime), one month to go.... Now to check Vol 6 status

edit : Saw the PV, and I noticed that they are going to bundle in the release date for manga volume 7 close to vol 6, and at a time that the anime will still be broadcasted.... They obviously want to maximize profits out of Yuuko's kneesocks, so yeah.

Spoiler for Yuuko's neck tie:
One month you say? I can't wait.
Old 2012-03-08, 19:31   Link #239
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I can't wait to see the anime of this. I hope they don't screw this
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 03:33   Link #240
HasuMasu
*Artist

Great PV, looks and sounds awesome.

Though, Yuuko doesn't look as good as in the manga.

Tags
ecchi, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural