AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-27, 03:47   Link #2061
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, they really are building one deep philosophy based on donuts aren't they?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 04:05   Link #2062
Zuul

this card symbolism is very interesting.

And it seems to imply Kagura is going to be important. And possibly troll everyone. Happy.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-27 at 04:19.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 04:12   Link #2063
Ypocaramel

Those Altair goons look like mooks out of some old super robot series.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 04:21   Link #2064
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
this card symbolism is very interesting.

And it seems to imply Kagura is going to be important. And possibly troll everyone. Happy.
...If they really want to match the symbolism (which could be put for gratuitous lol and to sell Fudo card decks), I'm getting the vibe more and more that Amata might be a descendant rather than a reincarnation (those associated with Aces+the Joker are the ones who are usually about 'new beginnings' and 'rebirth' but Amata's strangely linked with the freaking Jack of Clubs which has zero connection to that). Oh well, let's see how this will turn up.

We don't know who is the Ace of Clubs yet (right?).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 04:27   Link #2065
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Just stopping by to drop these off ...
These are the first ones. They're going to be recolored by different artists (we liked to have a choice of renders)

Spoiler for Amata Sora DVD Image-Recolored V1 & V2 Renders:

These are definitely getting redone

Spoiler for Kagura Demuri DVD Image-Recolored V1 & 42 Renders:

I don't like the way the thumbnails look on imageshack

Sorry if I killed your bandwidth
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 04:29   Link #2066
Thess

Those are really good.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-02-27, 04:34   Link #2067
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Edit: No time to answer before now--

I missed the episode so I have to get a raw. Just stopping by to drop this off

Spoiler for Zessica Post-Saving space:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Those are really good.
I'm glad you like it. I try to get really good ones. Did you see the Zessica ones above?

I am not sure how I feel about Kagura's lips though. They're too full. Takes away from his hotness but the coloring is superb. ...no matter I will have two more versions of both...er four..of them altogether....
Old 2012-02-27, 04:38   Link #2068
Thess

Yes, I did. I saved it in my new and shiny Evol folder.

Old 2012-02-27, 04:41   Link #2069
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

wait till you see the Oriemo Parody with Andy and Mix and the other ones with those two in them

Spoiler for The girls from this spread will also be redone but separated with the body parts added:

and all the characters in the ED will be redone as well as some screenshots from anime and the spreads

(.....I have line arts too. Should I post those?)
Old 2012-02-27, 05:08   Link #2070
Zuul

This week, for me, Zessica depressed state was really a mood killer.

Under those circumstances, with my character bias, it's even more difficult for me to support the current main ship. Even if it's not a bad one and they did get positive development this week (unlike the usual trolling).

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-27 at 05:31.
Old 2012-02-27, 07:06   Link #2071
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Huh? Why is that so hard to believe.I like that reincarnation angle, lovers who meet every 12,000 years is as Bugs Bunny would say...pretty "romantical". If they hadn't started Evol with Amata watching the movie and hinting that Apollo and Silvia have been reincarnated--again. Then I might feel differently. However they didn't do that, so I don't. In my eyes it's the same two souls with different faces. I loved both ships Apollonius and Celiane, and Apollo and Silvia. that latter pair, I really liked together. Especially Apollo. Therefore as a shipper of those fated lovers...I am going to ship whomever they are. This time I won't like it as much if it turns out to be Amata and Mikono. If it's Amata and Zessica or Kagura and Mikono, I will be REALLY REALLY REALLY HAPPY. That is the only difference....but ultimately I'm going to throw my support behind whomever they turn out to be. But I am not going to like it as much, if the characters I truly like together get sunk. I can always pretend Aquaria (Vega) didn't exist, only Altair & Kagura exist and mean it
Let me break it down; and when you respond, make sure you read the whole thing this time.

I'm actually not shocked that you are the only one who didn't comprehend what I meant by my words.

You cannot treat this like Macross: you meet all new characters, whole new storyline, new music, and no background connections to each other (meaning no reincarnations).

Just because there are new characters this time around doesn't change that it is still Aquarion. They still have some, if not a very deep, connection to Apollonius and Celienne. And with that being said, you cannot ship Aquarion. It's a known fact. Because the true couple is already there: Apollonius and Celienne. But the question is rather who is Apollonius and Celienne.

To break down what I mean: there are no ships for Aquarion EVOL with the main characters. Amata, Mikono, and Zessica - even Kagura - are not Alto, Ranka, and Sheryl - or Brera. It is likely that two or even three of them are the reincarnations of Apollonius and Celienne. And until we have lasting proof of which ones are them, then even hints don't work very well.

You have to remember that with each reincarnation, their personalities have been much different. If Apollonius and Apollo are any proof of this, I'd say. And Celienne didn't have as bad an attitude as Silvia.

There are no ships to this show unless you are talking about the ones approved so far: like Andy and Mix and the triangle of Shrade, Cayenne, and Sazanka.

This isn't Macross, nor is it fanfiction, so please stop trying to say "ship" here.

My preference is Amata being Apollonius and Mikono being Celienne. That doesn't mean I'm shipping but rather trying to discover which of them is the original couple (the one and true couple). But I also realize that Amata might just be part of the original couple and not the whole reincarnation like Apollo was. The soul might've split into multiple parts this time. So I am not ship but observing to figure out whom is who. Otherwise, I do think that outside of the show, Amata and Mikono are just adorable together and Zessica is like an older sister to Amata (though my opinion of that one might change with time).

BTW, you say Mikono is annoying... wasn't Ranka the same way whenever Alto would be around Sheryl, except she wouldn't show Alto her weakness, and he'd be dumbfounded to what he did wrong? Mikono is actually a step up from Ranka here. That's why I like her so much. There's confrontation.

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I have a different theory on the origins of Amata and Kagura.

I won't go in the details about whoever comes from Altair and whoever comes from Vega. There aren't enough evidence for even the the assumption's base to properly speculate.

Instead I bring up something from the original Aquarion series.
Spoiler for mayor Sousei no Aquarion spoilers:

If you didn't watch Sousei no Aquarion (that I assume are relatively few in numbers) then read the spoiler above at your own risk.

Anyways, in short I theorize that the soul of Apollo and Apollonius reincarnated separately.

Amata = The reincarnation of Apollonius
Kagura = the reincarnation of Apollo

That makes more sense IMO than claiming both Altair and Vega has the reincarnation counterparts of every important character.
I agree with all of this. And, a while back, I also speculated that Amata and Kagura are the same person, as there isn't much information on what Apollonius was like before meeting Celienne. Nor the other way around. And so I speculated that Mikono is also a part of Celienne because Zessica is much like Silvia.
Old 2012-02-27, 07:15   Link #2072
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I find it funny that not a single person has raised the possibility that the reincarnations could actually not signify that the "fated pair" would end up together. I mean, it is a possibility - and we can't judge Evol by what happened in the original, since there's only a single example to go by. The whole reincarnation side of things could go either way, actually.

And I would actually welcome a little surprise. Not that I'm expecting it, mind you. But it would always be nice...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 07:34   Link #2073
Zuul

The whole reincarnation thing is a bit of a potential killjoy when it comes to romance.

Who care about actual chemistry/development ? They were fated, it all happens in their past lives.

Bleh.
Old 2012-02-27, 07:38   Link #2074
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's been bugging me for some time, but what the Hell exactly is Mikage to the Altair people? Is he their King? President? Pope? Jesus? Buddha? Lady Gaga? Elvis?

Why does Izumo put up with him when all he does is screw with their plans and people?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 07:59   Link #2075
mayumi

Back in the first series gen said from apollonius and celiane came people who were humans with angel power and angels who were human. Amata, mikono, zessica, cayenne, shrade, mix, andy and yunoha could all be just related to the main 2 by blood. however there will be reincarnations. I dont get why zen would ship amata and mikono if mikono is the real incarnation while amata isn't. That would be rather tragic to seperate kagura if he is apollo.

If zessica gets one more song from first series like kouya no heath or pride nagaki no tabi. I would say she is someone from the past series.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-02-27 at 08:19.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 08:16   Link #2076
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's been bugging me for some time, but what the Hell exactly is Mikage to the Altair people? Is he their King? President? Pope? Jesus? Buddha? Lady Gaga? Elvis?

Why does Izumo put up with him when all he does is screw with their plans and people?
Mikage is a Shadow Angel. I'm guessing Altair is another Aquarion universe. Likely the OVA universe where all the Shadow Angels were frozen with exception of Toma and Otoha.

Jin did say Aquarion Evol may be as strong as the original.

Shadow Angels were humanity's enemies I can see why Izumo wont be forthcoming with his people that they allied with one.

In any case their dimension jumping technology came from Mikage given the portals are similar to Shadow Angel portals.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 08:23   Link #2077
Sixth
Hu Tao

Oh man, there are so many "hole" in this episode.

Seriously, why am I feeling awkward and embarrassed every time I watch Aquarion Evol episode?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 08:24   Link #2078
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Interestingly enough, Zessica isn't as forward with her advances after she isn't half fooling around anymore. Which, while giving another dimension to her character, makes me a bit sad because it was her forwardness that made me like her in the first place.

As for Andy, after all that GAR speeches and saving Mix not once, but twice from enemy fire, AND he still doesn't get to Gattai? Even after saying he wants his first Gattai to be with Mix (d'aaaawwwww!)... goddamit, it wasn't funny this time around. T_T

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 08:26   Link #2079
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Oh man, there are so many "hole" in this episode.

Seriously, why am I feeling awkward and embarrassed every time I watch Aquarion Evol episode?

Can't be as bad as watching the original in front of the dinning table with my hole family >.> That was a hole lot worse.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Interestingly enough, Zessica isn't as forward with her advances after she isn't half fooling around anymore. Which, while giving another dimension to her character, makes me a bit sad because it was her forwardness that made me like her in the first place.
What I'm surprised is that people didn't see this coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As for Andy, after all that GAR speeches and saving Mix not once, but twice from enemy fire, AND he still doesn't get to Gattai? Even after saying he wants his first Gattai to be with Mix (d'aaaawwwww!)... goddamit, it wasn't funny this time around. T_T
Heh, actually, it's funny because they're really committing to it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 08:33   Link #2080
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Jin did say Aquarion Evol may be as strong as the original.
This seems to be a mistranslation in the subs people are going off of; iirc Jin was saying something more like "I already know all about it (thanks to the data I captured from earlier)". I know kuromitsu already pointed the same thing out earlier in this thread.

I think this is actually a significant issue, too, b/c something's giving me the sense the people on Altair don't know the legend of 12k years ago (despite watching that movie 24/7, even).

It seems that whatever Mykage is on Altair only the top people like Izumo, Jin, and Kagura know about him; Jin's underlings didn't seem to recognize him at all, even by reputation...
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction