AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2015-09-01, 11:39   Link #1
selami1

An anime to watch

I just finished another anime and would like a suggestion.My anime like range is big ,i like almost any type of anime(except heavy ecchi,a bit of ecchi comedy is ok tho,i even watched that High School DxD,definitely not stg like that please).This is the list of animes i watched and I am watching:Angel Beats,Noragami,AOT,Naruto,One Piece,Bleach,Fairy Tail,Psycho-Pass,The World only god Knows,Overlord,Shimoneta some long name,World Trigger,Fate Stay Night,Fate stay Night UNlimited blade works,Soul eater,Soul eater NOT!,Mirai Nikki(Future Diary),FMA,FMA:B,Code Geass,GUilty Crown,Akame Ga kill,Mahouka Kouka no Something,Sword art online both seasons,Log Horizon,No game No life and probably some more that i can't remeber due to not liking them at all.If anyone would be kind enough to recommand me an anime.Also I've considered Steins Gate,did anybody watch it?

Edit:Also i watched TOkyo Ghoul(both seasons) and Claymore.
selami1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 13:18   Link #2
Wolfe La Piroko
Choir of Angels

Eureka 7
Code Geass
My Love Story!!
Ergo Proxy

[insert ten million other animes here]

you are going to need to narrow down what you are looking for. Action? Feels? Which of the anime you watched really caught you attention? Any favourites?
Wolfe La Piroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 13:27   Link #3
selami1

Well i would say that action with some dem feels.Or a psychological one.Or some with supernatural powers(like Tokyo Ghoul).Or a dark one with feels(Akame Ga KILL).Animes that really caught my attention would be:AOT,World Trigger,FMAB,Guilty Crown,Akame Ga KILL,No game no life and TOkyo Ghoul.What i'd like is something that is linked to the supernatural area,not some ordinary life thingy(I liked the WOrld only god Knows tho,some good comedy is always welcome)
Old 2015-09-01, 14:58   Link #4
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

In that case I recommend the Kara no Kyoukai film series. It's a dark, supernatural, psychological mystery with both action and feels (You get a massive dose of feels in the third film especially.). It's written by the same person who wrote Fate Stay Night (Nasu Kinoku) and is in fact his original work so you might see some familiar designs.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 15:29   Link #5
X207
Gamyūsa

Cross Ange is a very good series if you like the psychological series. its a mecha fighting series with alot of ecchi stuff within the first 13 eps but it really gets serious and tones ecchi down in the second half. its also quite generous with gore and the realities of war. if you can get past the first 13 eps then the series gets very good imo. it doesnt hurt too see how the main heroine becomes a woman through all sorts of rebellion and struggle.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 15:32   Link #6
selami1

I will add those to my to-watch list as long the animations are decent(i dont refer to old animations or stuff like that,i refer to foot-drawn animes).Any other suggestions as i will probably finish those in 2-3 days as i have a lot of free time,this being my free month before university.
Old 2015-09-01, 15:36   Link #7
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, comfy and in some way romantic anime, it focus in all the cast too so its very dynamic.
Old 2015-09-01, 15:40   Link #8
selami1

Thanks,i love your profile pic.Weird signature tho.This should be enough for a few days,but wouldnt mind other recommandations,as i have a whole free month,and i watch min 10-12 episodes per day.
Old 2015-09-01, 16:02   Link #9
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Thanks. I just remembered another one. Tonari no Kaibutsun kun, personally my favorite shoujo, the whole crew is likable in some way and the dynamic between the MC is really good, plus it has a catchy opening. Though I would recommend to keep further and read the manga so you can know how it ended.

Zankyou no Terror, really good in the first episodes, though I could understand if you might not like the final ones.
Old 2015-09-01, 22:55   Link #10
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Thanks. I just remembered another one. Tonari no Kaibutsun kun, personally my favorite shoujo, the whole crew is likable in some way and the dynamic between the MC is really good, plus it has a catchy opening. Though I would recommend to keep further and read the manga so you can know how it ended.

Zankyou no Terror, really good in the first episodes, though I could understand if you might not like the final ones.
i can second Tonari no Kaibutsun kun, i liked that shoujo series. though i still liked Akagami Shirayukihime and Akatsuki no Yona a bit more than Tonari no Kaibutsun kun. all these 3 shoujo series were rather good.
Old 2015-09-02, 00:54   Link #11
selami1

Kara no Kyoukai,Cross Ange,Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou,Tonari no Kaibutsun kun,Zankyou no Terror.While I'm not much into shoujo series,I'm gonna watch them,who knows,i might get a surprise.Any recommandations from the seinen area?
Old 2015-09-02, 10:43   Link #12
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by selami1 View Post
Kara no Kyoukai,Cross Ange,Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou,Tonari no Kaibutsun kun,Zankyou no Terror.While I'm not much into shoujo series,I'm gonna watch them,who knows,i might get a surprise.Any recommandations from the seinen area?
thats understandable. shoujo isnt one genre i see too much either. i still see some when the plot has my interest and i find some nice surprises with some series.

Akagami Shirayukihime already has a solid female MC who has a good knowledge of herbs for medicinal uses. she aspires to have a job as a healer. the story isnt much for battles but the usual conflicts one deal with everyday life back when castles and knights were the norm. Akatsuki no Yona was a nice surprise for me as it did have its good share of battles and character development. though the female MC had to start from zero to become what she did in the end. there really wasnt much cutesy stuff in Akagami Shirayukihime or Akatsuki no Yona but a Akatsuki no Yona had a more serious tone to it.
Old 2015-09-02, 12:51   Link #13
selami1

Meanwhile,i saw the first eleven episodes of Cross Ange.It is ok,the plot seems fine,the ecchi is there but it's not so much that you go blind from the plot and from the fights.I'm not really a fan of mecha but this seems like a good enough one.
Old 2015-09-02, 14:12   Link #14
X207
Gamyūsa

the mecha fights in Cross Ange are what they are. what i liked most was the reason why they have to fight the dragons. it takes a nice physiological turn at that point.
Old 2015-09-02, 15:16   Link #15
selami1

Well i just watched my last episode for today,episode twelve.I didnt expect that to some degree.I thought about Liberation as being something for their freedom,but about that DRAGon transformation thingy i didnt expect.And that strange guy,who calls himself a creator and is called God seems interesting too.
Old 2015-09-02, 20:22   Link #16
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by selami1 View Post
Well i just watched my last episode for today,episode twelve.I didnt expect that to some degree.I thought about Liberation as being something for their freedom,but about that DRAGon transformation thingy i didnt expect.And that strange guy,who calls himself a creator and is called God seems interesting too.
its a great shocker to say the least and it gets better later on. i also found the series to be the average mecha thing until the events from ep12 to the end happened. its not my favorite anime but it ranks rather high on the list for shockers.
Old 2015-09-04, 08:09   Link #17
selami1

I finished Cross Ange and started Zankyou.What i liked about Cross Ange was how the plot worked,what the dragons actually were,and the existence of an old Earth and new Earth.What i didn't like was how it avoided kiling main characters while killing everybody else(i mean 99.5% of the space time thingy was finished).But even so the girl survived because of a plate she had stuck to her chest.What?Rly?And that boy goes boom but no he just says he is invicible.Well,i dont know who was more invincible.The Tuner or The Crotch-Weird accident guy.Overally I'd say it was a good show,with few exaggerated things(falling into a crotch once or twice is funny,but repeatedly,well not so funny).Also the moment when he ended full terrorist bum bum for Ange was great.That is what ruined the show for me.Comes back without a scratch after blowing explosived attached to his chest.Oh yeah,and Embryo is the one who looked invicible.
Old 2015-09-04, 10:07   Link #18
X207
Gamyūsa

yeah, i never really got why he survived the blast on the villa either. the plate was lucky but more realistic imo as people do have such things emplanted in them. i liked her development throughout the series very much and also her sister's development to reflect the new realities. i dont mind they gave the 2 MC plot armour its not like a series where even side characters only get minor non fatal injuries. now that would be rather annoying. the tuning part of the series was rather vague to begin with but i let it slide as i couldnt bother to try figuring that one out.
Old 2015-09-04, 11:06   Link #19
selami1

What i also liked was the songs.It gave a nice sensation to the whole series.And yeah,i liked how her sister turned too.What I didn't like was that the tuner was a extreme pervert and idiot to add too.You'd think when you create a whole human species and such things as he did you'd be a genius.But nah.That could have gave the show a lot more complexity.
Old 2015-09-04, 12:36   Link #20
X207
Gamyūsa

the saying power corrupts and absolute power completely corrupts rings true with that guy. he gets too focused on what he desires and loses the rest. as for his interests, im sure he figures he could get anything and not be denied so it gets out of hand. its not like any RL people in the past, present or future have fallen somewhere on that scale for desire.