AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-09-27, 19:40   Link #8001
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

I’m also very curious about their thoughts at that moment ~
Such a nice chapter,it’s a very rare sight to see Shiro show so much care and being gentle towards others,I’m wondering if we will get to see another PoV soon...also I hope Oka is alright,she doesn’t look good at all.
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 20:26   Link #8002
roffle

I've been waiting for this chapter for years now. Can't wait for Shiro and sensei's next conversation
roffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 21:43   Link #8003
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roffle View Post
I've been waiting for this chapter for years now. Can't wait for Shiro and sensei's next conversation
Same here,I have been waiting a lot to see them interact (since it has been one sided interaction by Shiro being her personal bodyguard).
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 04:26   Link #8004
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot Crystal Clod View Post
I’m also very curious about their thoughts at that moment ~
Such a nice chapter,it’s a very rare sight to see Shiro show so much care and being gentle towards others,I’m wondering if we will get to see another PoV soon...also I hope Oka is alright,she doesn’t look good at all.
But most importantly, it's super rare to see Shiro actually speak!

I would like to see Shiro vs Oka conversation too, but as it goes now it does not seem likely the two are gonna speak with each other anytime soon.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 09:55   Link #8005
kari-no-sugata II

new raw out

Spoiler:
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 11:21   Link #8006
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
new raw out

Spoiler:
Spoiler for New raw:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 11:28   Link #8007
Breimn

Quote:
new raw out

Spoiler:
Kumoko should just drop them alone in the labyrinth for a while and let them see what life outside is like.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 11:43   Link #8008
kari-no-sugata II

At a guess, the one speaking at the end is Shun. Not many people know that Wrath killed Yuugo. I really doubt Katia would complain about him being dead though it's possible she might point out the possible contradiction in Wrath's words (but I think this would be unlikely as well as she's quite smart and could likely predict how Wrath would respond).

^ Yeah, it would be interesting to see Shiro take the others for a trip into the labyrinth and show the difference between one's imagination and reality.
Old 2017-09-29, 17:43   Link #8009
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "309 – Is a bird in a cage happy or not?"

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2017-09-29, 18:05   Link #8010
tsunade666

shun is probably too much affected now by kindness ruler and any killing is something he hates.
Old 2017-10-03, 10:11   Link #8011
kari-no-sugata II

310 out in raw.

Spoiler:
Old 2017-10-03, 15:10   Link #8012
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

It's a chicken and egg question. It's possible he already has that deep of conviction towards kindness so he got the skill in the first place. In any case, I'm intrigued in how the author is going to carry Shun's character from here. This type of character has always been my favorite, trapped between idealism and realism, and above all between egoism and selflessness. I still have the same siggy pic of a character like that too.
Old 2017-10-03, 15:25   Link #8013
Breimn

Aniway in a week new LN vol is going to come out.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 17:02   Link #8014
kari-no-sugata II

One thing that occurred to me is that Shun's arguments might be a forerunner of a confrontation with Sariel. I wonder what Sariel thinks of Potimas now. Would she still allow him to live? If Wrath or Shiro ask Shun if he'd say the same things about Potimas as he did about Yuugo/Natsume, I wonder what he would say. After all, billions died due to Potimas. And everyone in the class. And the attack on Earth could have caused far more damage. Try defending that...

If he can't defend that then what's his basis for drawing a line?
Old 2017-10-03, 17:33   Link #8015
u2L2rQ

why not Shiro give the booklet she made for Sophia and Wrath to Shun, and see how Shun will react after reading it, it is obvious that his is corrupted by kindness skill and Sariel too.
u2L2rQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 18:34   Link #8016
kari-no-sugata II

Translation is up for "310 – Crime and Punishment, Life and Death"

Spoiler:
Old 2017-10-03, 21:32   Link #8017
Amuris

Quote:
I wonder what Sariel thinks of Potimas now. Would she still allow him to live?
That depends on her perspective of what makes humans. So, the question is, does she value their lives or their souls? If she, being a god, looks at them as souls, then they are close to being destroyed but can still be saved. That would be a loop-hole that would make it easier for her to have mercy for Potimas.

Shun shouldn't have much of an excuse at this point, though. He sees value in life itself so he has to argue from that point. So he can't logically win the argument and, with the flashback, he should know this.

The thing is, I don't think Oni feels to justified in himself enough to passionately defend his POV. He knows it's necessary, but then labels himself as necessary evil, one that should be judged one day. So he'll calmly argue and win on a logical basis, but that won't do anything to convince a group with little more maturity than highschoolers. They'll probably be swayed more by the tone of voice rather than it's contents.

edit:
F*CK! I just realized that, from Oni's perspective, this is probably a "why you should live" speech! F*%$! %$@! %$@^!!! Why did it have to be Shun?! Why did it have to be now?! An argument that would sway Oni to live would undermine everything they set out to do!
Old 2017-10-04, 01:25   Link #8018
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

You know, it seems a lot of people are bashing Shun for his apparent naivete but honestly, no normal high school student can stick to such naive believe as firmly as that. Though Shun's conduct might be influenced by the Ruler skill, even Shiro acknowledged that it isn't simply naivete. That is a deep conviction Shun has, battered by reality, not a childlike naivete.

Cynicism is always the easier way out. It takes more than sheer guts to persevere holding an ideal and naivete alone cannot help you hold on to it. That little area between naive idealism and cold pragmatism, between selflessness and egoism, is to me what makes humans shine the brightest. That's why I like Shirou in Archer route, and Araragi Koyomi by the end of Owarimonogatari, and others like them. I only hope that the author can carry Shun's character to a shining height because indeed it is easy to botch characters like these.
Old 2017-10-04, 03:22   Link #8019
kari-no-sugata II

I doubt the story is going to be nice enough to allow Shun to reach a "shining height". The scale is too big for him. In practice I expect him to suffer at the hands of yandere imouto - will he be able to save just one person?

The situation of the world is one where people have to die in order to save it. Unless he can come up with a solution for that then he has no arguments.

The bigger problem for him is that Shiro plans to kill plenty of people in the near term future in order to achieve her objectives. If Shun basically suggests that he'd oppose her no matter what then that makes him her "enemy". Shiro has been repeatedly clear that she will kill reincarnators who actively oppose her.
Old 2017-10-04, 03:40   Link #8020
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

He doesn't need to succeed. His shining moment can be when he dies pursuing his ideals. Which will then put a bad aftertaste in Shiro because she can't fathom him etc etc. He can still deliver a big fuck you even in death.

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation