AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2018-09-11, 15:22   Link #3421
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hoo boy, have you guys seen the discussion about Eren in ep45's thread? What a path he's walked. Though actually, the question's still open. What led him to where he is?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 19:30   Link #3422
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
the question's still open. What led him to where he is?
His own experiences coupled with the memories of Freida, Willy's sister, his father and/or Eren K. We're not exactly sure if Eren can see memories from hosts who predate the most recent, but I remember when Grisha was talking to Eren K, he mentioned "Mikasa and Armin" and wasn't sure whose memories he was drawing from. So the possibility does exist that a shifter may be able to see memories from hosts who predate the most recent as well.

Eren is in a situation where he can truly say and mean when he says that he can see and understand the PoV from both sides of the conflict. He knows exactly what fighting for freedom would mean and the price you'd pay for that freedom and he also knows what it's like to take the pacifistic approach as well. Now, if we factor in Willy's sister's memories, then that's just another PoV added to his knowledge and experiences. The cherry on top would be when he posed as a Marleyan soldier and then proceeded to attack them in the same manner as Reiner and Bertholt did years prior, hence why he forgave Reiner just before the assault.

Basically, Eren is in a position where he truly can't blame or hate anyone for what their stance is in the war as he knows fully well that they have their reasons being whether they were forced into or willingly participated.

---------------------
EDIT: Found THIS while I was looking up some of the baby daddy theories. It's worth checking out as it delves pretty deep into the changes which occurred within Eren throughout the series.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2018-09-14 at 01:09. Reason: Added a link
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 11:15   Link #3423
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The thing is, Eren wasn't different from the Eren we knew pre-timeskip in the flashbacks we saw. But when he showed up in Marley he was already a completely different man. It was most likely right before he left for Marley that he changed, and there has to have been a trigger. I agree the reason is that he unlocked more memories but whose memories they were and what those memories contained is a mystery.
Old 2018-09-12, 14:00   Link #3424
Wandering Soul

Not to mention that if Pixis is right, we also don't know what information Yelena and Floch shared with him.
Old 2018-09-14, 00:34   Link #3425
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Totally unrelated to the most recent discussion, but I gotta share this since it's fun to put on my tin foil hat and sit down to think about these things.

Have you guys seen the fan-theories concerning Historia's baby daddy? Some are plausible and others are just straight up facepalm worthy. I've been to reddit, YT, Quora, tumblr and a couple other sites over the last couple days and I've seen so many theories that idk what to think anymore.

The theories I've seen featured Eren, Armin, Jean, Connie, Levi, Zeke (yea... idk why ppl thought he'd be a candidate) and mob-kun as potential candidates. Personally, I think that the father's either Eren or mob. There are a couple ways this can go:

1. Eren did the deed and had Historia pin it all on mob without him knowing.
2. Mob is actually the father and Isayama's trolling us by making us think that he'd never actually put a random mob character in such a position. (i.e. he wants us to overthink this)

Eren makes the most sense as father because he's currently the closest friend Historia's got. I can totally believe it if it's revealed that she asked Eren to do it despite him being against the plan in the first place. By the same token, if she literally just went "fuck it" and chose mob because she's given up all hope of ever truly being free, then I can believe that too.

Btw, my personal fave theory is THIS one and THIS vid is the general explanation of the potential candidates.

ps. I'm aware that the uploader has his shipper goggles on, but looking past that, he does make some good points.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2018-09-16, 19:48   Link #3426
durack

I don't care as long as it fits the plot.

So far Isayama has not disappointed me when it comes to plot so I am hopeful.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-03, 13:35   Link #3427
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Totally unrelated to the most recent discussion, but I gotta share this since it's fun to put on my tin foil hat and sit down to think about these things.

Have you guys seen the fan-theories concerning Historia's baby daddy? Some are plausible and others are just straight up facepalm worthy. I've been to reddit, YT, Quora, tumblr and a couple other sites over the last couple days and I've seen so many theories that idk what to think anymore.

The theories I've seen featured Eren, Armin, Jean, Connie, Levi, Zeke (yea... idk why ppl thought he'd be a candidate) and mob-kun as potential candidates. Personally, I think that the father's either Eren or mob. There are a couple ways this can go:

1. Eren did the deed and had Historia pin it all on mob without him knowing.
2. Mob is actually the father and Isayama's trolling us by making us think that he'd never actually put a random mob character in such a position. (i.e. he wants us to overthink this)

Eren makes the most sense as father because he's currently the closest friend Historia's got. I can totally believe it if it's revealed that she asked Eren to do it despite him being against the plan in the first place. By the same token, if she literally just went "fuck it" and chose mob because she's given up all hope of ever truly being free, then I can believe that too.

Btw, my personal fave theory is THIS one and THIS vid is the general explanation of the potential candidates.

ps. I'm aware that the uploader has his shipper goggles on, but looking past that, he does make some good points.
Let's put aside the other candidates and stay whit Eren and Mr. NN.

About the possibility of Eren is the fater:
. we know he was the anly one who rfuses to Zeka plan.
. we know he hve a good relatioship wiht her we shwo

by the way i do not understand why the consensus of say eren likes her (i not say he not) the main reason she got to pregnant is zeka secret plan.

and one last thing it could be the Historia baby will got the power of the titans?
what do you think?
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 18:18   Link #3428
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
Let's put aside the other candidates and stay whit Eren and Mr. NN.

About the possibility of Eren is the fater:
. we know he was the anly one who rfuses to Zeka plan.
. we know he hve a good relatioship wiht her we shwo

by the way i do not understand why the consensus of say eren likes her (i not say he not) the main reason she got to pregnant is zeka secret plan.

and one last thing it could be the Historia baby will got the power of the titans?
what do you think?
People suspect that Eren likes her because of the concern he's been showing for her since the conclusion of the uprising arc. So far, he's the only person to genuinely and firmly oppose any plans that threaten her well-being (even when she herself consents to said plans) and that's what got the fans suspecting that he may hold some feelings for her. Hanje further implied that their relationship could be something more when she tries to indirectly threaten him by mentioning Historia while he's imprisoned.

I'm an Erestoria shipper, so it'd be ideal if everything was as straightforward as it seems, but I also can't rule out the possibility that this mob character could actually be the father as well. I've no choice but to sit down and patiently wait for when Isayama finally decides to reveal everything himself.

Lastly, I don't think Historia's baby will receive the power of titans. Zeke is living proof of that as he was born a normal human. As seen with Dina and Rod, even a royal will become a mindless titan when injected with titanization serum. The only difference between them and other pure titans being that they were 'abnormals'.

However, when the 9 special titans are involved, there are benefits to being a royal-blooded titan shifter such as Zeke being able to use an ability similar to the founding titan, but only with titans he's created using his own spinal fluid.
Old 2018-10-05, 02:50   Link #3429
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The pregnancy could be fake.

Anyway, new chapter is up. Some of the pieces are falling into place but I'm still waiting to see if Eren is just an idiot or if he's being controlled/manipulated.
Old 2018-10-05, 09:14   Link #3430
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Eren is BADASS!!!
Old 2018-10-05, 09:33   Link #3431
grecefar

That's why he took the jesus christ look...

well this was a nice chapter, it looks like he is untouchable for now, even the thought of replace him and boom, if he is being manipulated or not if he gets the job done I think he doesn't care.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-05, 10:10   Link #3432
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
Just give me Eren x Historie dose already.
Still no Eren x Historia :')
Isayama really will kill us out of curiosity.
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-05, 11:04   Link #3433
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is taking a bad turn. Infighting is the last thing they need. The people are against the military and pro-Eren, but I wonder what they think of Historia? They probably see her as just a puppet of the military.

I have no idea what Eren is thinking. The chapter implied he's being manipulated by Yelena and Zeke but I don't think he'd fall for it.
Old 2018-10-05, 18:55   Link #3434
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well that escalated quickly. Eren definitely gives no fucks anymore at this stage and I don't think he's being manipulated. It's more like he's knows that every second counts since Zeke's remaining lifespan is practically nonexistent and they need to settle everything within one year. If they're unable to complete the plan, then he'd have no choice but to have Historia inherit the beast titan and all these efforts will have been made in vain.

I'm really starting to think that Eren should've chosen Erwin over Armin back then. He'd be the perfect one to handle the ongoing situation with the military and the public. I'm pretty sure he would've also been on board with Eren's assault on Marley and all the heat currently on Eren would've been nonexistent as a result. Shit hit the fan the way it did because Hanje's style of leadership revolves around conservation/playing defense. It also doesn't help that she receives council from Armin who's a pacifistic beta...

On that note, isn't it ironic that the two known hosts of the colossal titan are both indecisive and weak-willed? I just find it so funny that the titan with the highest destructive capabilities is in the hands of someone who'd wait until literally the last second to act. Hopefully Armin can grow some balls before it's too late. They've come too far, having that mindset will only be a detriment now.
Old 2018-10-05, 19:34   Link #3435
Wandering Soul

RIP Zackely, you and your crazy shit machine will be missed. Whatever plan Eren and Zeke have, it better be a good one because right now instability is the last thing Paradis needs. It doesn't help that Marley seems like it has begun infiltrating them.

I'm honestly don't know if Eren is going along with Yelena and Zeke because it seems like they have the best plan or if he is just using them for his own plan.
Old 2018-10-07, 00:24   Link #3436
Tormenk

Reading Armin's lines about trying to understand Eren in this chapter, strongly reminds me about this particular event https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_15_Incident

There's probably some intended parallels here but with Paradis Island's population and military split among so many lines it's hard to make a good grasp of it all.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 11:56   Link #3437
TURI123456

Quote:
People suspect that Eren likes her because of the concern he's been showing for her since the conclusion of the uprising arc. So far, he's the only person to genuinely and firmly oppose any plans that threaten her well-being (even when she herself consents to said plans) and that's what got the fans suspecting that he may hold some feelings for her. Hanje further implied that their relationship could be something more when she tries to indirectly threaten him by mentioning Historia while he's imprisoned.

I'm an Erestoria shipper, so it'd be ideal if everything was as straightforward as it seems, but I also can't rule out the possibility that this mob character could actually be the father as well. I've no choice but to sit down and patiently wait for when Isayama finally decides to reveal everything himself.

Lastly, I don't think Historia's baby will receive the power of titans. Zeke is living proof of that as he was born a normal human. As seen with Dina and Rod, even a royal will become a mindless titan when injected with titanization serum. The only difference between them and other pure titans being that they were 'abnormals'.

However, when the 9 special titans are involved, there are benefits to being a royal-blooded titan shifter such as Zeke being able to use an ability similar to the founding titan, but only with titans he's created using his own spinal fluid.

Yes, but in chapter 10 (and 89) was say "if you want to save Mikasa, and Armin, and everyone" not a word about Historia if Eren likes her way to save Mikasa, and Armin, and not Historia and X, Y, Z? and in chapter 1 Eren was cry after he sees Mikasa not Historia now I do not say Eren was fall in love Mikasa or him not the father of the baby (although I prefer this option) but still it weird if Eren likes Historia way not remind her name?

That not what I mean. What I mont to say is the baby will get the power of the Titan after one of them die.

hi, we can discuss it something no?

Quote:
Well that escalated quickly. Eren definitely gives no fucks anymore at this stage and I don't think he's being manipulated. It's more like he's knows that every second counts since Zeke's remaining lifespan is practically nonexistent and they need to settle everything within one year. If they're unable to complete the plan, then he'd have no choice but to have Historia inherit the beast titan and all these efforts will have been made in vain.

I'm really starting to think that Eren should've chosen Erwin over Armin back then. He'd be the perfect one to handle the ongoing situation with the military and the public. I'm pretty sure he would've also been on board with Eren's assault on Marley and all the heat currently on Eren would've been nonexistent as a result. Shit hit the fan the way it did because Hanje's style of leadership revolves around conservation/playing defense. It also doesn't help that she receives council from Armin who's a pacifistic beta...

On that note, isn't it ironic that the two known hosts of the colossal titan are both indecisive and weak-willed? I just find it so funny that the titan with the highest destructive capabilities is in the hands of someone who'd wait until literally the last second to act. Hopefully Armin can grow some balls before it's too late. They've come too far, having that mindset will only be a detriment now.
I think the reason for Armin behavior is the memories of he got from Bertolt.

I am more wonder about Zeka real goal I am sure he cares about Eren and yet I believe to Live about the part of he not cares of human life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The pregnancy could be fake.

Anyway, new chapter is up. Some of the pieces are falling into place but I'm still waiting to see if Eren is just an idiot or if he's being controlled/manipulated.
How?

PS. I wonder is Yimir was the first with the titan power or it was the "devil" who was the first.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-14, 22:03   Link #3438
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, Eren is now mystery. I guess he seeks an alliance with Zeke but how is this gonna work? The fact that he broke out by himself and is now leading a group will sure cause a big conflict in the future.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-15, 01:14   Link #3439
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I find it strangely convenient that Zackary ordered his chair brought to his office. Did he have a plan that involved him getting blown up? What is anyone's plan?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-15, 13:05   Link #3440
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I find it strangely convenient that Zackary ordered his chair brought to his office. Did he have a plan that involved him getting blown up? What is anyone's plan?
According to him, he has nowhere else to put it. It's also implied that he wanted to use it on Eren.