Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-08, 10:10   Link #1001
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Ok, I think I have gone crazy, but am I the only one here who actually loved every minute of this episode, even with that OP ?
Ignoring the OP, the ep's actually decent....
Old 2014-06-08, 11:02   Link #1002
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The reaction to the episode are a lot more entertaining than the episode itself. Not that the episode was bad. It was actually pretty good and explained a lot of things.
Old 2014-06-08, 11:57   Link #1003
hsmsful1

Wait how did ene reach the conclusion that Mari is in fact the one with queen snake?
hsmsful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 13:29   Link #1004
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
^its already confirmed that the anime is going for a different route, so its best to just throw everything you learned outside the window.
That's not entirely true. Yes, the route is indeed confirmed to be a different one, but overall, events from the manga & Ln have matched up with the anime with only minor differences. However, in other cases, the events were heavily altered in the anime, so its give or take here.

I'd say that all the media for this series are following a basic structure, but there are points where each deviates slightly from said structure & then get back on track.

So having prior knowledge isn't exactly useless, it just doesn't give you the exact play by play you're expecting.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 16:24   Link #1005
askara

well thats the most fugly CGI i ever seem! they looks like the retard version of them. and whats up with Ayano's mum? looks like a highschool kid but sounds like a 40 years old but whats worst why the hell is she sing Ayano's theory of happiness? from the lyric's point of view it is obviously Ayano who should be singing the song.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 17:40   Link #1006
cleo

I loved this ep, all of it. Now that most of the pieces have fallen into place, it really is quite a dark and heartbreaking story. I loved the art used for the story-segments in the ep. It reminded me of Symbolist artists like Rops and Redon. Very haunting. I also loved the way how those childlike story-book endings each week, are now turning into the grim reality shown this ep. The 'primitive' character design of the OP looked stranged, but that lasted only a couple of seconds because I got wrapped up in the story of the song. Heartwarming to see Ayano's efforts to make them feel at home, and starting to wear her red scarf. Very beautiful.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 00:05   Link #1007
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
well thats the most fugly CGI i ever seem! they looks like the retard version of them. and whats up with Ayano's mum? looks like a highschool kid but sounds like a 40 years old but whats worst why the hell is she sing Ayano's theory of happiness? from the lyric's point of view it is obviously Ayano who should be singing the song.

*reads the last 2 pages posts*

My sides

Last edited by Miraluka; 2014-06-09 at 00:16.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 00:32   Link #1008
DorkingtonPugsly

Shaft staff faces as they watched it air.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by DorkingtonPugsly; 2014-06-09 at 01:17.
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 00:55   Link #1009
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 9

Liked the episode, but yeah that um, "OP" sure as hell wasn't doing any favors.
Seriously, really Shaft?

Well we get a lot of things answered in this episode, to the point it almost feels like the only thing left is to confront the antagonist(s) and get the full picture of their goals. Of course we still have to see how Ayano meets her end and whatever else she discovered. Mary is also likely all, but confirmed to be Medusa's (I guess that's what we can call her now?) daughter from the story given the strong foreshadowing. We don't whose side she's really on, but doesn't seem like Mary with the Serpent Entity and Medusa for now.

That said if any of parts of the stories are anything to go by Medusa herself doesn't come across as a villain. My guess is that Serpent entity took advantage of Medusa miserable history prior to gaining a family as well using her insecurities about immortally to isolate and manipulate her power for itself. But why does want create a new Medusa when already has one is another mystery altogether...
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 01:00   Link #1010
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Ayano's mother didn't sing the song, Aki Okui (who has previously sung for anime series like Turn A Gundam and Tasogare Ototome x Amnesia) did. In case you didn't realise since episode 2, none of the songs are being sung by their respective characters, not even Kisaragi Attention even though Momo is an idol and it's her song.

You're interpreting the part in the OP where she says "Ayano, you're a big sister now so please take care of them" as her singing the whole thing, except she isn't and that line is indeed hers in the song.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 03:27   Link #1011
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

They changed the 12th episode from CR to STR. I guess we will have no second season and the anime route will end there.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 03:38   Link #1012
Kakkou
Tch.

That's interesting. Wonder why they even had Children Record listed in the first place. Oh well, at least there's no need to fear a second season now. But why have Otsukimi Recital with the few episodes left? Oh right, Jin's the biggest Momo fanboy.
Old 2014-06-09, 05:37   Link #1013
askara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Ayano's mother didn't sing the song, Aki Okui (who has previously sung for anime series like Turn A Gundam and Tasogare Ototome x Amnesia) did. In case you didn't realise since episode 2, none of the songs are being sung by their respective characters, not even Kisaragi Attention even though Momo is an idol and it's her song.

You're interpreting the part in the OP where she says "Ayano, you're a big sister now so please take care of them" as her singing the whole thing, except she isn't and that line is indeed hers in the song.
You sure she is not the Seiyuu for Ayano's mum too? because it sounded very similar.

I did notice none of the seiyuu sing their respective song and alway find it kind of weird(somehow i actually prefer the actual vocalnoid version which i usually hate) but at least it is with appropriate age and gender singer but this one is from Ayano and yet sung by someone who sound like in the 40s, the gap is too apparent
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 06:25   Link #1014
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
You sure she is not the Seiyuu for Ayano's mum too? because it sounded very similar.

I did notice none of the seiyuu sing their respective song and alway find it kind of weird(somehow i actually prefer the actual vocalnoid version which i usually hate) but at least it is with appropriate age and gender singer but this one is from Ayano and yet sung by someone who sound like in the 40s, the gap is too apparent
She's voiced by Mako Hyodo, they sound nothing alike as far as I'm concerned.

Kagerou Daze is supposed to be Hibiya's POV and the cover sounds absolutely nothing like a little boy either, you should drop any notion that the songs are meant to sound like the characters from the very moment they didn't get the seiyuu to sing them. You'll enjoy the covers more.

Okui sung Ayano's Theory of Happiness in last year's Live in Mekakucity concert and she did it well again, leagues above the other covers so far. Her Shinigami Record was beautiful too, shame we won't hear it here since it's being told through the storybook segments. Incidentally, Kouta Matsuyama also sung Lost Time Memory there like he did in the anime.

Shame MARiA already did daze and Children Record for the anime, otherwise we could have gotten her Headphone Actor instead of... LiSA. >_>

Luna Haruna's Kisaragi Attention wasn't very good but at least it was far better than MARI's from the concert. That was so terrible, the way she tried to sound cute was so forced it's disgusting.
Old 2014-06-09, 13:07   Link #1015
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmsful1 View Post
Wait how did ene reach the conclusion that Mari is in fact the one with queen snake?
She saw last week's montage. Only explanation I've got. I have no clue why she thought it was obvious it was Mary. I certainly didn't see any hints before last week.
Old 2014-06-09, 13:16   Link #1016
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

The queen is a woman. She knows Kido's power, knows about Momo. The last girl is Mary, the only one she didn't know anything about.
Old 2014-06-09, 13:32   Link #1017
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I've never read the novels or anything so this is all a mystery to me. Though, things are all starting to some together.

That OP for Ayano was odd, I have no idea what was with that animation D: But I really liked the story behind the red it was really heartwarming. Ayano's dad is pretty freaking creepy too btw. Yikes.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 15:40   Link #1018
Zangor17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
They changed the 12th episode from CR to STR. I guess we will have no second season and the anime route will end there.
is there a source for this? i can never find where the episode titles are.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 15:59   Link #1019
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangor17 View Post
is there a source for this? i can never find where the episode titles are.
It is on the Mekaku City Actors website. The English website seems to be behind but the Japanese one has the episode list. I would link it but it always reverts to the English version for me

Nevermind, I found the website. here you go~ Mekaku City Actors Episode List

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood

Last edited by BionicMeerkat; 2014-06-09 at 16:02. Reason: Link for source
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 18:59   Link #1020
BionicMeerkat

Cool, so I was gone for a week so now that I'm caught up on everything I went on to watch LTM and Ayano's eps.

These episodes were...interesting.

LTM did not go where I expected it to go. Nice pacing and dialogue... but not what I wanted to see. Anticipation was high and the hype was real...Seeing Outer Science was cool but man the struggle is real. I've known this was gonna go into its own route in the beginning but damn. Seemed kinda like Jin is saying FU to everyone who isn't trying to check out the MVs and such.

Damn that was the ugliest animation I have ever seen for a opening. Nisekoi is done so I was hoping they would put more funds for Actors but we got this? Wtf Shaft?

The episode I think is great but that Opening was too much. I loled throughout the whole song when I should be having feels. Great emotional song, but instead I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

I'm still hyped to see how this is going to end.

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kagerou project, momosetootp, shaft