Duke of Surprises

Three words.
Virus Buster Serge

Nuff said.
Old 2007-06-11, 02:42   Link #602
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
say it with me now..... B I G.... O......... thats right... Big O.....

omfg thats one horrible anime... if it can even be called that... mmmmm lets see, what else...

Inuyasha is utter crap too.... imo

couldn't even finish an episode of Big O... and Inuyasha, i've seen the first 6 episodes and a few more episodes here and there and just can't fathom why people like it....
Old 2007-06-11, 10:28   Link #603
The-Duke
Duke of Surprises

A little OVA called Samurai: Search for the Sword is pretty bad... Its one of those two episode OVAs that just get started in the second episode and leave you hanging, not to mention that all the characters where shit. I cant stand Inu Yasha or Naruto, but that is because I really dont like anime that n00bs latch on to and think they are the kings.
Old 2007-06-11, 13:06   Link #604
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Big-O is a mindfuck, but definitely not bad.

Just about any anime showed in America not on Adult Swim is pretty fucking bad.
Old 2007-06-11, 13:24   Link #605
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I guess you don't have an On-Demand service. Between Comcast's own Anime Selects service and ADV's Anime Network, I've seen a lot of quality shows, including Grave of the Fireflies, Boogiepop Phantom, Visions of Escaflowne, and Chobits, to name just a few. At one time G4 carried anime late at night and showed programs like Rahxephon.
Old 2007-06-11, 15:19   Link #606
Spark

Mmm... Astro Boy for me. I bought the entire set, watched it.. and then asked myself why the hell I bought it in the first place. Yeah.. that was definitely a waste of money lol.
Old 2007-06-11, 15:22   Link #607
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Just about any anime showed in America not on Adult Swim is pretty fucking bad.
Not really true. There are some other venues showing some good stuff these days.

The FUSE music channel just started showing Ergo Proxy and Tenjo Tenge last week, and the SCIFI channel is going to be showing GITS:SSS tonight, and follow up with Noein, Tokko, and Macross in the following weeks. IFC is also still showing Basilisk. Those are all quality shows. The Encore Action channel also shows anime every weeknight, although admittedly their library seems to be mostly limited to older, B-grade titles.
Old 2007-06-11, 15:27   Link #608
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Sometimes I think I have someting against some anime that are considered popular....yeah theyre all "popular"

hmmm....does it counts when it comes to dubbed anime? (screw 4kids) XD

..cause then its yu-gi-oh the movie...(still trying to figure out why the animation was even worse than the series)
Old 2007-06-11, 16:32   Link #609
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Gilgamesh...

My God where do I begin?? The story is WTF wrapped in a 10-day old egg roll...

The opening theme song sounds like you just advanced a level on an 80's ATARI arcade game...The mood of the show is so unbelievably dark and gloomy and it doesn't change one bit from beginning to end...The animation is so unspeakably bad at times you have to question how anyone got this thing even financed...I mean every action sequence consists of the Adobe Photoshop graphics like the sparkle or emboss effect with chracters dissapearing like David Blaine before another character or power can hit them...and the movements of the actual Gilgamesh transformations look like cockroaches fighting each other (It's like the ugliest thing I ever seen these transformations)...The CG is so lame and elementary in it's execution it's down right hilarious at times...I once fell out of my chair laffing at an episode it was so unspeakably c-movie material...If you like to get loaded I really suggest this show for it's laff-factor, but beyond that, "Can anyone catch a Gilgamesh frisbee?"
Old 2007-06-11, 17:31   Link #610
EusebioKun
OMG I go to college!

Send a message via AIM to EusebioKun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Not really true. There are some other venues showing some good stuff these days.

The FUSE music channel just started showing Ergo Proxy and Tenjo Tenge last week, and the SCIFI channel is going to be showing GITS:SSS tonight, and follow up with Noein, Tokko, and Macross in the following weeks. IFC is also still showing Basilisk. Those are all quality shows. The Encore Action channel also shows anime every weeknight, although admittedly their library seems to be mostly limited to older, B-grade titles.
Don't forget Samurai 7 on the IFC. And gunslinger girl or w/e was being advertised on IFC (don't know if it's any good or if it was actually aired).

I also heard that a channel similar to xfx or tbs is airing NGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjester View Post
and Inuyasha, i've seen the first 6 episodes and a few more episodes here and there and just can't fathom why people like it....
Hey I'm just trying to finish what I started don't hate me because of it. Someday AS will show the finale and then I can move on, : )
Old 2007-06-18, 19:51   Link #611
heomap

boobobobobobbo,beyblade,yu gi oh,dragonball Z and one piece and that's my list,might be more but just don't rember them.
Old 2007-06-18, 20:10   Link #612
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EusebioKun View Post
Hey I'm just trying to finish what I started don't hate me because of it. Someday AS will show the finale and then I can move on, : )
They *have* shown it, at least twice now; the show just ends at 167 episodes, because the InuYasha manga just keeps on going (and going and going...)
Old 2007-06-19, 01:49   Link #613
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

--deleted--
Old 2007-06-19, 09:26   Link #614
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
They *have* shown it, at least twice now; the show just ends at 167 episodes, because the InuYasha manga just keeps on going (and going and going...)
The anime version story will probably never be finished. Well I did only like the first two seasons of Inuyasha then I didn't like too much anymore because it got very repetitive like Naruto and DBZ.
Old 2007-06-19, 16:41   Link #615
hmmokaythen
Man of a Thousand Hobbies

For me, the answer has to be "Red Hawk: Weapon of Death". This is a worthless figthing manga with a flimsy plot, lame jokes and best of all fights TRACED OVER ONES FROM STREET FIGHTER..... Seriously

It falls just short of that point where something becomes "So bad it's good" like "Gamera" or "Killer Clowns from Outer Space". Basically it's awfull and compounds its own awfullness by being too boring to even be worth watching to laugh at how bad it is. About its only positive point is that I quite enjoy moaning about it when I get the oportunity.....
Old 2007-06-19, 17:13   Link #616
Spark

Babel II was pretty damn bad too.. saw the entire series on sale at FYE a year or so back and I thought wow, for that price there's no way I can pass that up! That should have tipped me off right there. But hey, I bought it... not a good decision.

Plot is lacking. I never did really understand it.

Never saw the original Babel II.. but for the record, don't buy the remake. Bad stuff.
Old 2007-06-30, 19:40   Link #617
mishka

I know I'm gonna be attacked for this but here it goes:

I thought Elfen Lied was horrible! The plot sucked, the character designs were too childish. (kindda like Yu-Gi-oh meets digimon!)

Black Cat was also pretty bad; although, it wasn't a frisbee kind of bad and more like a coaster kindda bad!

If I was to list most time-wasting anime that I've ever watched few episodes of:

-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Digimon
-Yu Yu Hakusho
-FLCL (watched most of the episodes...out of boredom!)
Old 2007-06-30, 20:05   Link #618
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I disagree with you about Elfen Lied but I don't want to engage in an argument either.

Cardcaptors makes my ear bleed, and that's about it.
Old 2007-06-30, 21:14   Link #619
-Breakthrough-

~Love Hina, in terms of it's anime adaptation.
~Prince of Tennis -- Boring, nough said.
Old 2007-06-30, 21:46   Link #620
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Elfen Lied huh? I guess one mans trash is another man's treasure. :P I love it personally, but like Khold said, no arguements, you are entitled to your own opinion.

I personally hated Knights of Ramune and Mouse, both shows did nothing but shove huge tits into your face and tried to fill it with a half-ass plot (and hated the male characters for both, KoR only male lead was a villain who abused and sexually assaulted the women under his service and capture, then at the end when he dies he apologizes to the woman he probably hurt the most mentally, and she goes APE-SHIT over his death, WHY?! And Mouse was a character that I've read in all bad OC fanfics and certain hentai titles, there was nothing wrong with him other than being a perfect person who got everything he wanted. Dark is ten times the thief he is!)

Forgot to add Amazing Nurse Nanako. Thank god one DVD only cost like ten bucks.
Closed Thread