AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-01-29, 21:58   Link #21
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Because he rationalizes Horo's naked human body as a normal wolf's body, as wolves don't normally wear clothes. At least in the beginning of the story he acts as such. His mannerisms in regard to Horo change pretty rapidly as the story progresses, it seems.
Old 2008-01-29, 22:06   Link #22
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Because he rationalizes Horo's naked human body as a normal wolf's body, as wolves don't normally wear clothes. At least in the beginning of the story he acts as such. His mannerisms in regard to Horo change pretty rapidly as the story progresses, it seems.
Hmm that makes sense. But when he didn't know she was a "wolf" what did he think then...Oh right *smacks self*, because of her ears + tail he assumed she was something supernatural so he able to rationalize it anyway.

It also makes sense that she doesn't react to him nude (at first...so far) because she sees humans and wolfs as different in the same way.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 22:38   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, the more he gets to know her, then the more he sees her as a *person*, the more he'll start to be distracted by those distracting attributes
Old 2008-02-02, 13:08   Link #24
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, as of now I'd say he is plenty distracted already Before the two got rudely interrupted, he seemed to be aiming for a kiss in episode 4. I would say it is very likely he has some feelings for her (even if not out right love) at this point. I suspect Horo's dilemma about the situation will be potentially bigger than his though.
Old 2008-02-02, 14:21   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd certainly be head over heels at this point if I were Lawrence....
Old 2008-02-02, 15:25   Link #26
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd certainly be head over heels at this point if I were Lawrence....
I am and I'm not. :l
Old 2008-02-04, 05:48   Link #27
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Horo and Lawrence will probably have puppies by the end of the series. Imagine it, half wolf, half human children.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 12:55   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Story-wise, I'll doubt we'll get anywhere near "offspring" unless they manage to be together AND there's an epilogue.

Since Horo is incarnated as a humanoid (or as a certain idiot politician calls it - animal-human hybrid), its more likely each offspring will either be completely human or of the same nature as Horo's incarnation (ears and tail) -- if any offspring are possible at all. This is a supernatural situation so assuming "half wolf and half human", actually I don't know what is meant by that.

(sigh) And to be honest, calling such offspring "puppies" kind of reminds me of the "one drop of black and you're black" kind of racist mindset (though I'm sure you meant to be funny ). Half the people I know anymore are bi-racial or multi-racial and most of them are getting pretty tired of the "what are you?" simplistic labeling obsession.

Humans are just an extreme kind of "monkey" anyway. Tweak just a handful of genes and they'd be just about any kind of mammal.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-03-10 at 17:07.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:25   Link #29
RazorJ

I wonder about that myself. Then again Horo is what she is. I think Lawrence understands this. She is a wolf not a normal human girl. Think about it. When you see a animal do you think it should be clothed? Are you embarase because it isn't?
RazorJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:52   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, it appears his thought processes about Horo (clothed or not) evolved rapidly through the 4 episodes so far. By ep 2, he was already catching himself glancing at her "aesthetic lines" quite a lot
Old 2008-02-05, 05:21   Link #31
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually, it appears his thought processes about Horo (clothed or not) evolved rapidly through the 4 episodes so far. By ep 2, he was already catching himself glancing at her "aesthetic lines" quite a lot
Lol, which is weird considering how scared he was when he saw her real form. But I guess he lets his guard down around Horo.
Old 2008-02-08, 20:07   Link #32
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Something just dawned on me, ladies and gents.

Who is Lawrence, really?

We don't have that much information about Lawrence's past. Where is he from? What town? What kind of family?
Old 2008-02-13, 20:08   Link #33
maymay
Inactive~

Quote:
Horo and Lawrence will probably have puppies by the end of the series.
! haha..oh my wouldn't that be something. Not very likely though. I can see them going there separate ways in the end.
maymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 11:47   Link #34
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
If the name Lawrence Craft is cool, his personality is even cooler. He's rational, he's not afraid of taking risks, he adapts quickly to Horo's personality, but most of all, he's not afraid to admit his flaws. Probably the best male around.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 15:53   Link #35
DanielSong39

Smart, talented, and likeable - has the capability to go far.

He isn't quite there yet and takes too many risks; which betrays his youth - but as long as he manages to keep his head above water, his brilliance will eventually shine through.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 23:54   Link #36
Terrant

Lawrence is like my new idol. One of the best male characters to come about in a while.

1) He's not overly loud/brash/"genki-to-the-point-you-wanna-hit-him"
2) He's not obsessively emo
3) He's intelligent, but makes mistakes. And is quick to recognize them/learn from them
4) He's adaptable to new situations and doesn't spend (too) much time worrying over thing he can't change.
5) He's comfotable around others socially, esp Horo.
6) He's not afraid of physical intimacy. Horo sad? Horo gets hug. No questions asked, no big drama, he just walks up and holds her.
7) He actually knows what to say to improve a bad situation, without (usually) being a total git and dramallaming it up
Terrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 03:00   Link #37
DanielSong39

The reason I like Lawrence - and Spice and Wolf in general - is that this is really a story about adults. I've seen way too many shows with indecisive emo teens as the leads - and it's starting to grate on me.

All other things being equal, adults will show better judgment than teenagers. It's refreshing to see a character who knows how to do things right - and surely Lawrence qualifies as such.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 12:36   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye..... much agreement with Danielsong39. Though Lawrence is a young adult, the mistakes he makes are those of a young merchant with a progressive idea about trading. He's comfortable around women -- actually more so than the average guy in that era (note how he treats Nora and Horo as equals in the business sense unlike most males with women in that time).
Horo, though having lots of experience, has spent most of that time near a small village in the woods -- and so traveling with Lawrence and seeing new things makes her feel young again.
Old 2008-03-20, 12:25   Link #39
Codine

What exactly happened to Lawrence in the flashback in episode 2 where the wolves attacked him. Theres only 2 episodes left and I doubt it would be explained. Also idk if this is a spoiler so yea tag the answer if it is.
Codine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 12:30   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codine View Post
What exactly happened to Lawrence in the flashback in episode 2 where the wolves attacked him. Theres only 2 episodes left and I doubt it would be explained. Also idk if this is a spoiler so yea tag the answer if it is.
Well only a guess on my part. But Lawrence has been a merchant for a while. Not unexpected that over time he had been attacked by wolves. Probably just a flashback during one of the times it had happened to him. Transporting goods or something smiliar, gone through some woods and that kind of thing happens.