AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-08, 20:46   Link #4121
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

PuG's are notorious for checking peoples gear (Gear Score), and any e-peen contest usually devolves to insulting someones gear, spec and mother.
Old 2009-10-08, 21:40   Link #4122
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

gears means nothing since you can have some retarded nub with full T8 gears and still don't know how to play the damn game cause they bought their characters from gold sellers. Specially mages, it's the new "hunter nub" class. I bumped into more epic geared mages retards that don't understand how threat/aggro works then the blue geared ones that didn't bought their character with full T8 gears from gold sellers.

oh ya, this happend to me yesterday:
[ rant ]
RETARD mage: You suck as tank
me: how is it that I suck as tank?! the healer was sitting for mana and you went and dropped AOE on those groups of mob
RETARD mage: well you are suppose to keep us alive by tanking them
me: how the fk can I tank them when everyone is being attack at once?!
RETARD mage: every tank have a button that will pull things off everyone
me: IT'S NOT A FKIN MAGICAL BUTTON THAT WILL PULL EVERYTHING OFF EVERYONE
RETARD mage: learn to play your own class
*RETARD mage left group
[ / rant ]
wow, I mean wow, it's times like these I wish I know there he lives and I go to his/her house and pump slap him/her till the cows come home.

Last edited by gummybear; 2009-10-08 at 21:57.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 21:47   Link #4123
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Easier loot is nice for gearing alts as mentioned earlier. The only thing that is sad is seeing how many terrible players get full epics. It's a pain for anyone trying to pug since you can have trouble distinguishing who is actually good aside from trial by error. Screening talents and gemming can filter some but not all.

In any case, I care more about Blizzard spending effort creating a decent looking tier set and gear with good itemization than about easy loot for the masses.
Old 2009-10-09, 01:19   Link #4124
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
Easier loot is nice for gearing alts as mentioned earlier. The only thing that is sad is seeing how many terrible players get full epics. It's a pain for anyone trying to pug since you can have trouble distinguishing who is actually good aside from trial by error. Screening talents and gemming can filter some but not all.

In any case, I care more about Blizzard spending effort creating a decent looking tier set and gear with good itemization than about easy loot for the masses.
Some quality set bonuses would be nice as well. From a hunter standpoint, the T8 and T9 2-piece bonuses are quite spectacular, while the 4-piece bonuses for both sets are drastically lacking.

For me, the real issue with gear, is the bold portion above. Not so much because so many people have full epics, but because the people who don't have full epics are automatically looked over. A good in-game friend of mine brought his enhancement shaman to a Naxx-25 (back when Naxx was new), in pretty much nothing but blues. I think he had one ilvl200 epic, and everything else was blue ilvl 174-187. People insisted on calling him "nubcakes" and "fail" before the raid even started. He proceeded to jam it down their throats by out-DPSing just about everyone in that raid (I think he was 5th out of 17?) Herein lies the issue: for good players, gear is simply a bonus. People who know their class and how to play it, make far better raiders than people who simply have good gear. Even with proper gear and enchants, the likelihood that you're going to come across a poor player in full epics is quite high, simply because they don't understand the basic mechanics of whatever class they're playing.
Old 2009-10-09, 04:29   Link #4125
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

I'm levelling mah SHAMAN.

Sometime's I die. BUT I INSTANTLY GET BACK UP AND CHAIN LIGHTNING.
Old 2009-10-09, 04:30   Link #4126
Clarste
Human

You can afford Chain Lightning after popping? I come back with practically no mana.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 06:53   Link #4127
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Actually yeah, me too.

Okay... INSTANTLY GET BACK UP AND CAST THUNDERSTORM AND CAST SOME LIGHTNING BOLTS
Old 2009-10-09, 13:53   Link #4128
Ending

Quote:
PuG's are notorious for checking peoples gear (Gear Score), and any e-peen contest usually devolves to insulting someones gear, spec and mother.
Not that often on my server, at least. But then the dungeons are piss easy.

Which is why I have now sold my WoW account, for 110 euros, and the character I played for three years. Bye bye World of Warcraft, welcome Aion, LOTRO, and Eve Online.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 15:05   Link #4129
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
welcome Aion,
it's just L2 with better graphics, music and you can fly :P

I rather want to try Metal Rage when it does comes out since SE never made the FMO over seas

Last edited by gummybear; 2009-10-10 at 12:06.
Old 2009-10-11, 10:38   Link #4130
Ending

Dunno. I have never played Lineage 2, but I need change. WoW is old. I'm also pretty excited about the new Star Wars: Old Republic MMO.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 13:11   Link #4131
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

all of my friends who played Aion stop playing it after the first week, they said the "fun" factor weared off after the first 2 days.
It used to be that if you want to try something really different, play Tabula Rasa cause that is one of the truly different MMO that almost everyone can like, but then it died

Maybe you want to try something different in wow if you are dps all the time, you might want to try tanking or something to mix things up.
Old 2009-10-11, 14:51   Link #4132
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ehh, the flow I had going when I re-activated my account died again several weeks ago. I'm not about to sell my account, I mean I might get interested again, who knows. Currently I'm on stand-by for The Old Republic. It has Star Wars, it has story pulled to the forefront, it has voiced NPC's everywhere... Did I mention it has Star Wars?

Well, maybe Cataclysm will put the flame back into me with Deathwing waiting for me, but for now... No real oomph to play. The periods between activation and freezing are getting shorter and shorter, maybe I've just grown tired of it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 15:44   Link #4133
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well with the Cataclysm, there is a large chance that you'll "need" to go back to recheck your lore in all the revamped lands. Things have changed (or will change)...so it mgiht be just as much of a new experiance as if it was a new release.

Then on top of that you have the 80-85 trek through new content lore, and then the goblin and worgen lore to go through, and any relations to existing races that will be added to the story.

Plus since it seems to be a trend, I'd imagine that all the starting zones will be instanced in some way. It would make it difficult to abuse the lowbies, and it would be virtually imposssive to get a level one alt out of the starting zone, thus less bank spammer/farmers running around. But then, unless he's in there with you, no one level one Hogger raids.
Old 2009-10-11, 23:12   Link #4134
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
Dunno. I have never played Lineage 2, but I need change. WoW is old. I'm also pretty excited about the new Star Wars: Old Republic MMO.
I recommend Fallen Earth.
Old 2009-10-12, 00:34   Link #4135
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
Which is why I have now sold my WoW account,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm not about to sell my account, I mean I might get interested again, who knows.
Selling accounts won't be a good idea at all come November 12 when linking WoW accounts to B.net accounts will be mandatory.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 00:55   Link #4136
Xacual

Keroko said he wasn't going to sell his account.

I've been messing around with a low level rogue and pvp leveling. It isn't too bad except for of course the interaction with my teammates.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:16   Link #4137
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Keroko said he wasn't going to sell his account.
Not contradicting that fact, but the fact it was mentioned as an option is enough to bring attention to the fact that it WON'T BE AN OPTION.

You can only link a WoW account to a B.net account if the surnames of the account owners match (given names mean nothing and you can not change the names), you can not reverse the link once it's done and you can not make another B.net account on the same email address because the email address is the account name (though you can change the email address). If you sell your B.net account, you are selling your other Blizzard games you've registered to it as well.

The plus side to the B.net account is the Blizzard authenticator, which adds some extra security.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 03:09   Link #4138
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Selling accounts won't be a good idea at all come November 12 when linking WoW accounts to B.net accounts will be mandatory.
Wait, what? Now that is a change I don't like at all. Instead of having the chance of just my WoW account getting hacked, I risk losing all of my Blizzard games. That's the main reason I haven't done this in the first place.
Old 2009-10-12, 04:00   Link #4139
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Wait, what? Now that is a change I don't like at all. Instead of having the chance of just my WoW account getting hacked, I risk losing all of my Blizzard games. That's the main reason I haven't done this in the first place.
A battle.net account is far more secure than a regular WoW account, which I think is Blizzards goal with this change. Theoretically, the only way you'd get your account hacked with this method, is a keylogger on your machine. If that happens, none of your accounts are safe anyway, so what have you really lost?

I've been running battle.net since BC, I don't use an authenticator, and I've never been hacked. To the contrary, I have a number of friends who do not run battle.net, and have been hacked; some even multiple times (and one in the middle of an Ulduar raid; now there's an interesting story )!
Old 2009-10-12, 05:31   Link #4140
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No security is uncrackable, the only reason Battle.net accounts have remained untouched for now is because there was no need to touch them yet. Now with all WoW accounts behind Battle.net locks soon, you can be sure they will start to get cracked soon enough. There is a reason that the first rule of the internet is not to use the same password for everything.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows