AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-05-05, 11:15   Link #181
KimmyChan

I can't go even one day without watching some kind of anime, even if it's just one episode

On one of my more crazily obsessed days, I can watch a complete 24/26 episode series
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 13:55   Link #182
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I haven't touched my PS3 since Christmas Break, so I'm pretty sure I can go cold turkey on anime if needed. Hell, I'm only watching three ongoing series atm(Valkyria Chronicles, Regios, and FMA: Brotherhood), so I'm pretty limited right now already.

If there is something I'm addicted to right now, it's fanfiction, I spend hours trying to find at least a decent one-shot to read.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-05-05 at 14:07.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 14:13   Link #183
Grif

I am during an exam peroid, so the amount of anime i watch has gone down. Perhaps about 3-4 episodes a week at the moment.

After my exams i will be back to normal. I can often complete an entire 13 episode series in a day. On obsessed days i can complete a 26 episode series in a day.

I completed kenichi in 2 days.
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 14:31   Link #184
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
I could not watch animes for 3 weeks and I am still alive.
Old 2009-05-06, 14:56   Link #185
Flame-X
Anti-fan

I can live without animes for a few weeks. It's a good thing I have back up interests such as music, gaming, and movies.
Old 2009-05-06, 18:56   Link #186
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

I can only last 2 days at most without watching anime....

I can last an entire year without playing games though. >
*dusts off PS3 and 360*
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 08:47   Link #187
Amray

I do sometimes have periods where I do not watch anime for a few days, but that is expected for a college student with masses of assignment work to fulfill.

Regardless of that though; I still only watch three or four episodes of anime per day anyway.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 12:27   Link #188
oompa loompa

Err.. at around february, I would say I was watching quite a lot of anime; it was a struggle to watch anything under than 3-4 episodes a day. Now, i watch exactly 6 episodes a week, well 5 really, naruto is in filler right now . Its not that I have more work, I'm not exactly sure what it is. I guess I've become really into expanding my music collection and djing.. Also, after I realized how reliant I had become on anime, I thought I should relax on it a bit, and take a break.

However, you know what I think I've realized? who gives a fuck?? watch what makes you happy, and do what makes you happy. If you think you have a smart head on your shoulders, you can and will manage your other aspects of life (and if you dont, well atleast you wont regret the time you 'wasted' ) - I know the time when I have these luxuries is soon coming to an end, and ill be damned if I dont make the most of it; I'm talking about everything, anime, music, partying, hell even things like exercising and playing sports. In the end, its up to you to decide whats too much, and where to draw the line right?

so, come summer, since I've just moved to a new place and dont know many people ( and am not particularly interested in meeting too many), my days will consist of relaxed meals, exercise, and anime saturation for a good month or so before I travel to India , and then to Japan. Im looking forward to it - marathoning here I come!
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 07:02   Link #189
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Well I got real into my freshman year of high school, then I just stop watching it for like 4 years. Then I desided to rewatch the anime that got me started on it just back in the summer of 08 and this year sense then I been real into watch it for like a month or so then ill just stop then get back into later on, Im like a light switch when it comes to anime, I work all the time so I stay pretty busy. But Im able to handle myself. My addiction is just an off an on thingy for me.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 14:14   Link #190
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
I was a full blown OTAKU, I dont think I went a day without watching anime from '99 to '03, I had 100's of DVD's and Gigs of fansubs then I met a Life Partner who was uncomfortable with how I tended to crush on some of the gals in anime and asked me to give it all up. I sold the DVDs, found a home for my cell collection and totally rid anime out of my life. I didnt come back until last year and Im restarting...

I should have kept the anime and got rid of her
AudriSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 21:36   Link #191
Vault Dweller
Let's fighting love!

I never really thought about it but I guess I don’t really have an urge or craving to watch anime, at least not often. Usually I just decide to watch a show whenever the notion strikes me.
Vault Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 00:24   Link #192
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
If there is something I'm addicted to right now, it's fanfiction, I spend hours trying to find at least a decent one-shot to read.
I have a friend like that. I think she's addicted to fanfiction. She tells me about stuff she's read a lot. Some of it actually sounds interesting, if nothing more than for the lulz.
Old 2009-05-15, 02:49   Link #193
[ARX7]

I can last a week or so without watching anime (if I don't have anything I want to watch at the moment) but I don't think I can last a day without manga XD

IMO, without anime, there's gonna be a big difference with gaming and advertising industry... and western culture would dominate most probably. :P
[ARX7] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 02:56   Link #194
PinkMed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate T Harlaown View Post
I can only last 2 days at most without watching anime....

I can last an entire year without playing games though. >
*dusts off PS3 and 360*

I second that ^^
PinkMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 09:55   Link #195
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
I was a full blown OTAKU, I dont think I went a day without watching anime from '99 to '03, I had 100's of DVD's and Gigs of fansubs then I met a Life Partner who was uncomfortable with how I tended to crush on some of the gals in anime and asked me to give it all up. I sold the DVDs, found a home for my cell collection and totally rid anime out of my life. I didnt come back until last year and Im restarting...

I should have kept the anime and got rid of her
Wow, I bet you feel like kicking yourself if you really had that much. Does that mean you're still with her? If not then you probably now know that it doesn't usually work out well when hooking up with people who expect you to change your interests/personality/whatever...

As for me, I can go without anime for ages. Anime is the only thing I watch though. I haven't watched TV since 1998. Most things on TV just bore me to no end anyway.

I usually finish an anime within a week of starting it. The time before I start another one can be quite some time though.
Old 2009-05-31, 14:30   Link #196
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
I do not really animes or the internet itself. I like to watch animes but if I cannot a few weeks it doesn't really matter to me.
Old 2009-05-31, 15:21   Link #197
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I usually can spend more time not watching anime... since most of the time I watch it even after college semester is over... (I watch episodes once in a while per day)

However, I can't live a day without internet... or I will be very bored.
Old 2009-05-31, 19:49   Link #198
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

As much as I love anime, I can survive without it for a good long time.

I cheat though since I use games as a replacement distraction instead.
Old 2009-05-31, 21:51   Link #199
sardO
Student of Life

If for some reason I couldn't watch anime for a while, I wouldn't really have a problem with that. Like many people have said, I would just spend more time doing other things, like reading manga, playing sports, and playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, to name a few. I could easily survive without anime for a couple months if I had to, but obviously (unless someone makes a bet with me) I have no compelling reason to do so, so there really is no point. The challenge you pose is rather meaningless, but at the very least an interesting discussion to see what people say to your challenge.
sardO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 15:52   Link #200
Amon81

Well I'd read manga instead

Or I'd watch more asian live action (I've already got over 200 dvds).
Amon81 is offline   Reply With Quote