AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-30, 08:31   Link #501
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

is that tattoo? or she was a Bolton's victim?

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 09:00   Link #502
silvercover
Romance Expert

well as for my personal opinion on this ep:

pretty done well, with how haru managed to keep herself alive and I liked that tokaku actually has a zapper at her shoe.

minor complaint, again, is the last bit with hanabusa.
I can somewhat picture that, she, maybe, puts those flowers for the other girls, even if im not sure as the anime is way ahead.
however, I dont believe that she was going to just be that casual on banba, seeing as how she's really quite interested and keen on getting banba to talk and hang around her. I dont see how she'll just give her a flower just like isuke, im betting this is anime original content.

still, that was a minor pet peeve, overall the episode was ok so il give it 8/10 cause it at least felt natural.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 09:25   Link #503
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So that's Nio's secret. She has artistic scars all over her body. I assume that means something really bad, like her being part of a super powerful organization. Anyway we can forget about her being a trap (not that I ever believed that). She's actually surprisingly stacked

Not sure how to feel about Nio's "tattoos". If they're really scars as I suspect, then it's kind of a turn off. She's still the best girl nonetheless.
Old 2014-05-30, 09:28   Link #504
ookamigirl

The endless night of attack continues.
They sure had a lot of dialogue considering the situation.
Azuma was pretty resourceful.
Haru wasn't that bad either.
Those two assassin girls definitely didn't have any intention of quitting.
Flashbacks about Tokaku were interesting.
I'd like to see more about her and Haru.
Good episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 11:50   Link #505
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I feel Hanabusa's backstory should have been a bit clearer. It's kind of hard to understand what actually happened to her.
And well, I guessed Nio would have a tattoo, but this is going overboard.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 12:10   Link #506
HandofFate

We really got no backstory on the Isuke other than that she has two dads.
Banba was the standard "she was sexually abused" backstory. *yawn*

I liked that Haru kind of kicked Banba's ass during the whole chase. Especially with banging her nose with the door lol. Haru also has some pretty nice dodging skills as well against the hammer wings.
Old 2014-05-30, 14:03   Link #507
Diveman

how far is the manga compared to the anime? I've read until more or less ch 20? (the one before the Romeo & Juliet play) But I'm interested on it since it gives more details about everyone
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 15:42   Link #508
R.LocK
My turn

...My, my, my. Nio, Nio, Nio. I'm speechless.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 15:58   Link #509
ChampDream
Alive

That was a nice episode, Nio's secret was really a suprise, maybe she part of the other assassin clan?
Old 2014-05-30, 16:44   Link #510
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
how far is the manga compared to the anime? I've read until more or less ch 20? (the one before the Romeo & Juliet play) But I'm interested on it since it gives more details about everyone
Manga is somewhere on Haruki's arc but the anime script is made from manga drafts so it's not much different.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 17:53   Link #511
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I liked how Haru put up a pretty impressive struggle. She didn't fight back a whole lot, but she was effective in what little she did, and she's actually pretty quick and fast when it comes to avoiding attacks.

On the whole, Episode 9 might be the best episode yet. Pretty exciting episode!

However, it's very hard to believe that Tokaku comes out of this without being seriously bloodied. Oh well, I guess believability has never been this show's strong suit.

I'm interested in seeing what, if any, follow-up we get to the immense damage that Banba must have caused. I mean, large chunks of this school must now resemble a total war-zone. The cost in damages are almost certainly in the thousands of dollars. I wonder if homeroom teacher Mr. Dense finally starts figuring things out.

Anyway... Wow, Nio has either endured incredible scarring or has one incredible tattoo. Either way, that certainly helps her standout even more. It also helps explain why she tends to be wearing a lot of clothes that don't reveal much skin. The story behind R. LocK's sig has probably now been explained - That previous assassin from many episodes ago probably saw some of Nio's "tattoo" and freaked out at it.
Old 2014-05-30, 18:24   Link #512
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I bet Nio is
Spoiler for prediction:

BTW. All the moves used in knife fight between Isuke and Tokaku are from the real knife combat techniques.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 19:40   Link #513
Anime Online

Those are just tattoos on Nio. Unless she has been cutting herself, scars would not be that symmetric.

If there's one thing not to learn from this episode, it is hiding in rooms where the only way out is the door. As so clearly shown in the episode, Haru has no place to run once Banba comes in.

Fortunately for Haru, Banba is a goofball with zero learning ability. You might expect Banba to quickly learn that the heavy hammer is more a liability than a weapon. It's so heavy that she needs two hands to wield it. And when her hands are occupied, she's completely vulnerable. Even a slow learner would get a hint after getting smacked right in the face with a mobile phone. But nope, the plot needed her to stay dumb so Haru can continue to make her "lucky" escapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
However, it's very hard to believe that Tokaku comes out of this without being seriously bloodied.
In the world of anime, people just walk off their injuries. I call it the Walking Therapy. First they take a few steps. The more steps they take, the better they feel. Next, they'll start running like they are in the best of health.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 19:56   Link #514
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
In the world of anime, people just walk off their injuries. I call it the Walking Therapy. First they take a few steps. The more steps they take, the better they feel. Next, they'll start running like they are in the best of health.
lol, well said.

To be fair to Banba, though, Haru might have just been flatout faster than Banba, period. In other words, it might not have mattered if Banba had been using a much lighter sword, or her bare hands - She still might not have been able to land a strike on Haru.

That being said, a gun obviously would have been more practical if Banba could have got her hands on one.
Old 2014-05-30, 21:00   Link #515
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Must say Mahiru really went on a rampage
Old 2014-05-30, 21:36   Link #516
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Isuke is still alive, right? Because her hands were tied behind her back.

So why Tokaku say she can kill now?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 22:08   Link #517
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Isuke is still alive, right? Because her hands were tied behind her back.

So why Tokaku say she can kill now?
Tokaku can kill, she just chooses not to. Because she's ... Batman! (hah)

Tying her hands seem pointless. One of her arms got punctured by Tokaku's knife and the other was broken. Strangely enough, Isuke doesn't seem to be discomfited at all.
Old 2014-05-30, 22:46   Link #518
Triple_R
*Author

I had the impression that Tokaku did in fact kill Isuke. Between 19:25 and 19:38, it looked to me as though Tokaku either choked Isuke to death, or snapped her neck. It admittedly wasn't animated all that well (and it was a bit fast for a choking) but Tokaku's lines right before it don't make much sense to me unless this was in fact a killing move.
Old 2014-05-30, 23:24   Link #519
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
(and it was a bit fast for a choking)
Haru "choked" Takechi (the serial killer girl) into unconsciousness in 3 seconds during episode 3. I say "choked" as that scene wasn't a proper chokehold at all.
Old 2014-05-30, 23:50   Link #520
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I spy an Isuke scan....now if someone can get it here...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assasin