AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-16, 20:06   Link #61
The Green One

An amusing episode this week as the Princess is kidnapped by a rival Demon on par with the Demon Lord apparently named Hades. Yet instead of a climatic battle of destiny the Demon Lord and crew only care about the well being of the Princess instead. Lima Syndrome has well and truly set in for the residents of the Demon Lord's Castle.
Old 2020-11-16, 22:52   Link #62
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The old castle is better because teddy bears
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 11:58   Link #63
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gaffney View Post
Well, Syalis is her main name, so "Sya" is an obvious shortening. It's like calling Jennifer Jen.

That said, the show also makes a big deal about how "sya" is her sleep noise, so it's also kind of like naming your daughter Zzzzzzzalia.
Actually, her name in the original Japanese is "Suyarisu"; for some reason the translators decided to change it.

Man, I cracked up even harder than usual this week with Hades standing there gloating while our little psycho methodically stripped him for bedding. I wish this show would never end.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 12:47   Link #64
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Actually, her name in the original Japanese is "Suyarisu"; for some reason the translators decided to change it.
Because the japanese tend to omit the pronunciation of the "u" sound and then you can clearly hear "Syaris" and since they "r" often sound like an "l" you get "Syalis" as in "Cyalis", she bangs those demons until she falls asleep
mangamuscle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 16:23   Link #65
stray
aniki

The rocket launch celebration was extra ridiculous. This show is perfect for Monday.

Her full name is Aurora Suya-risu(lis) Kaymin
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 16:48   Link #66
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
AMan, I cracked up even harder than usual this week with Hades standing there gloating while our little psycho methodically stripped him for bedding. I wish this show would never end.
There's more than enough material for this show to last another season. Heck, I was considering the plot of yesterday's episode to be something that would have been perfect for a Season 1 finale.
Old 2020-11-17, 17:24   Link #67
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

just fyi, "suya" is an actual Japanese word and it is an onomatopoeia of sleeping (often repeated, so it's suya-suya). It's not like the princess has a special sleeping sound.
Old 2020-11-17, 22:29   Link #68
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
just fyi, "suya" is an actual Japanese word and it is an onomatopoeia of sleeping (often repeated, so it's suya-suya). It's not like the princess has a special sleeping sound.
Indeed, thus the meaning behind her name. A more effective translation would be something like "Princess Snuzia" or something (like how they changed the country name to reflect the meaning behind the wordplay).
Old 2020-11-25, 11:45   Link #69
Blueknight78

more antics of our princess
this time was the time for the D-whatsit finnay shines and defeat a boss and "annoying" the princess, now we know why the princess can't remember him from the past, all that trauma she sufered from d-whatsit, yeah keep fighting d-whatsit

the princess breaking in the meddling of the demons like a true boss and forcing everyone to "hear her" complains for her "sleep" sake, what great followers they are

then we have a real dire "tooth problem"!!!!!!, wow how things can scale fast, see how all the demons are worried about they "boss", , really what great and loyal followers she have , also all teh troublesome for the poor doctor but in the end somehow they managed... after find which things could be more easy if they just had made she sleep.

and the final part, poor venom dragon and this time not was the princess fault... well not full... , see how everyone ended hijacking the venom dragon by "accident and forgeting about that".

really this is the most funny 'demon world" i've see so far.
Old 2020-11-25, 23:53   Link #70
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I usually love the childhood friend romance trope, but every now and then you get one like this, where the childhood friend clearly doesn't even know his "beloved" at all. Can't really sell me on having a bond since you were children if you never noticed how utterly indifferent and annoyed she was the whole time. Sorry D-whatsit, but you're one childhood friend I cannot ship.
Old 2020-11-26, 00:11   Link #71
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
then we have a real dire "tooth problem"!!!!!!, wow how things can scale fast, see how all the demons are worried about they "boss", , really what great and loyal followers she have , also all teh troublesome for the poor doctor but in the end somehow they managed... after find which things could be more easy if they just had made she sleep.
Take it from someone with experience, trying to sleep with a bad cavity is almost impossible until sheer exhaustion takes you. Being in constant throbbing pain at all times makes it hard to sleep indeed. Now if they'd just used some anesthesia then that'd be another story lol.
Old 2020-11-28, 11:20   Link #72
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I usually love the childhood friend romance trope, but every now and then you get one like this, where the childhood friend clearly doesn't even know his "beloved" at all.
Saw this the other day from the AP's correspondent in Tokyo. Being reunited with a childhood friend at 48 must rank among the top Japanese romances of 2020.

"The cab driver I had yesterday said he finally got married when he was 48. He accidentally reunited with a woman he had grown up with. I asked him where? and he said at a pachinko parlor. He had just won and asked her if she wanted to have dinner together. The rest is history."

https://twitter.com/yurikageyama/sta...35386218172416'
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-30, 20:14   Link #73
The Green One

So anyone else catch the shopping channel's Dragon Quest V expies of Nera/Flora and a gender swapped Bianca in today's episode?

So the Demons try to teach the Princess to act more like a traditional hostage.

Well be careful what you wish for.....

It was hilarious watching the mounting mental damage as these kind softies just can't stand seeing the Princess afraid of them, even if they know she's only acting. They've really gotten attached to her. Even the Princess is questioning why the Humans and Demon's relations are so bad.

Last edited by The Green One; 2020-11-30 at 20:45.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-01, 12:38   Link #74
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Silly as it is, this show is genuinely funny every week. Glad I stuck with it.

Do you think this show is suitable for ages 10+? Haven't seen anything especially objectionable about this show other than the Princess killing demons for her sleepy purposes.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-01, 14:05   Link #75
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Do you think this show is suitable for ages 10+?
The hardest sell for kids is making them read subtitles. Supposing they are the kind that does not mind (because, silly as it is, you still need to understand the context; heck, it would be very useful if the song lyrics were included*), I am on the fence. On one side everything is so fluffy, but so was "As Miss Beelzebub Likes". On the other side, It comes to mind one story arc on the Bakuman anime, where a series was not deemed adequate for an anime adaption for youngsters not because there was violence or adult themes (there weren't any), but because children might imitate what they see on prime time television. Granted, the princess dies once a week, but demon cleric will cast raise dead fully on her (as well as any minions slayed by her), a luxury we don't have IRL.

But so far, after reading the fan translations AND keeping up to date with the latest manga raws, I can't think of something objectionable, we do have misunderstandings (like the one about "touch my body" that I suppose innocent minds wont get (and if they do get it, this series is not to blame).

*said song lyrics

OP https://www.animesonglyrics.com/maou...rhyst-seikatsu
ED https://www.animesonglyrics.com/maou...oyasumi/gimmme
mangamuscle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-01, 14:22   Link #76
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

BTW, the diary joke scene is likely a reference to Boku no Natsuyasumi (literally an entry in the diary in the game is "Kyou ha nanimo nai subarashii ichinichi datta").

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-01, 15:40   Link #77
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Silly as it is, this show is genuinely funny every week. Glad I stuck with it.

Do you think this show is suitable for ages 10+? Haven't seen anything especially objectionable about this show other than the Princess killing demons for her sleepy purposes.
It depends on what you see as "suitable", we had stuffs like tom and jerry, wood peek and others stuffs with violence and some "sexual stuffs" which where for kids and no trouble but today with all the "cultural war and PC culture" and bla bla bla what is matter is the parent and kid, even if a cartoon have violence and some little lewd stuff as long the parents proper teach the kids which those stuffs are "not to be made in real life" or something like that and not just throw the kids on the tv and internet and don't care what they are watching then no issue, the issue is when parents lets "tv, internet and school being the only place to educate kids and themselfs ignores they own side in education which is something common those days.

and to be fair living in a world where some peoples don't have any issues for they 9 or 10 kids playing gta, mortal kombat and others "gore" games but are terrified when a girl appear using only pants or some bobies or little lewd jokes will send you direct to hell and need be canceled then is really complicated.
Old 2020-12-04, 20:17   Link #78
kari-no-sugata II

Regarding the hint that the princess is actually older than she looks: consider that the kid Dawner (Akatsuki) and her looked about the same age in the flashbacks and now he looks much older. I guess our dear princess has been getting lots of beauty sleep...
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-04, 20:36   Link #79
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Regarding the hint that the princess is actually older than she looks: consider that the kid Dawner (Akatsuki) and her looked about the same age in the flashbacks and now he looks much older. I guess our dear princess has been getting lots of beauty sleep...
It seems like they all think she is ten or eleven when she is actually sixteen or seventeen.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-07, 16:33   Link #80
kari-no-sugata II

Top of the list of questions you were too afraid to ask:

What if the princess got SERIOUS!?
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote