Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-14, 23:01   Link #81
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
This show is very surprisingly good, despite the giant anime tiddies everywhere (well, most everywhere, but still...). I really like the romance part, the fights are well done and the characters on both sides are likeable. I hope this goes the full two-cour side of things.
I doubt, but I wish it did. But from what I can think, this will go up to volume 4. Which, I feel volume 3 is better had they decided to end with a one cour.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-18, 11:04   Link #82
Frontier

"Alactroz." Well, it doesn't take much to figure where they got the inspiration for that name, and it looks like a suffocating modern city, which I guess is fitting for a bunch of prisons .

So the Sovereignty was able to hide Astral Crests within the Empire, and now the Empire has devised temporary Astral Crests to infiltrate the Sovereignty, which gives them an out for Mismis' Astral Crest. Although a part of me suspects Risya might already know about it and is just waiting to use it to her advantage, just like she uses the team's desire to free Iska to their advantage to free Salinger .

Alice poking an asleep Iska was adorable. Sometimes it feels like they're already a couple, and even Alice admits she can't stop herself from not viewing him as an enemy .

I love how Alice is proudly declaring they've captured Iska to take responsibility for what happened and then totally throws Rin under the bus when Iska is upset with her. And then Rin throws Iska under the bus just for not being aware he was being drugged .

Bringing home a guy in handcuffs to a nice hotel room? Kinky Alice .

Well, I guess Rin from her perspective is making up for her earlier blunder by actually trying to kill Iska now, even if in the long-term Iska might end up being Alice's greatest ally. And we also get to see what Alice is like when she's angry with Rin .

Good for Alice that she was able to turn Iska's handcuffs into a nice accessory for herself, although she didn't quite think through what that meant as far as the living situation. Nor did she think through the fact that it isn't just her and Rin there after she relaxes in a bath .

So not only does Iska get to see Alice's bare-naked backside, but he gets to see her glorious body naked from the front as well. Lucky dog .

Honestly, I would've complimented Alice's Astral Crest if I were in Iska's shoes. It looks majestic and grand, befitting a princess of the Sovereignty .

"Rivals on the battlefield?" Well, I guess that's true to some extent and resolves some of Alice's doubts regarding the nature of their relationship, but doesn't necessarily sum up the true extent of their feelings .

That's some Chivalry of the Failed Knight level logic with Alice trying to strip Iska after he sees her naked .

For what appears to the one of the Sovereignty's greatest criminals, Salinger sure has a nice cell .
Old 2020-11-18, 19:55   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The story is kind of... not moving forward at all. But I guess the absurd romance is part of the story.
Old 2020-11-25, 11:00   Link #84
Frontier

So Salinger was an enemy of Alice's mother, after having attacked the previous queen before her, but he's not out for revenge, just ready to stretch his legs after years in captivity. Which ends up being perfect for the Empire's plans, it seems .

Iska's seen battle princess Alice, fancy dress Alice, casual dress Alice, naked Alice, and now he's witness to nightdress Alice !

Well, at least Risya had the decency to warn the Mismis squad to get out of there, even if she did it in such a casual way by letting them know Iska wasn't even in there and that they now have to escape a prison they never had any reason to even be in in the first place. I think she owes them way more than a barbecue .

Good thing Alice packed her princess dress for the trip. I guess you never know when you'll need to dress for battle and fight an ancient enemy of your family .

Mismis finally did something useful in the field! Good for her. Ironically involving using her astral crest against people in the Sovereignty .

Alice finally makes it up to Iska for giving her his napkin, although she does one better by also leaving him the key to his handcuffs so he can escape. Not one to let a debt and kindness go unpaid, Iska is ready to fight Alice's battle alongside her .

So Salinger styles himself as a king within a matriarchy and feels the royal's just don't cut it, while he has a collection of astral spirits of those whom he has defeated (including said royals) to make him a formidable adversary to the Sovereignty as poor Rin found out. She made a solid effort though, and held out just long enough for Iska, the man she poisoned, to arrive in time to fend him off and fight Alice's enemy .
Old 2020-11-25, 16:32   Link #85
Dj0rel
True Believer

I wonder if anyone will realize that Salinger can solve the Mismis problem.
Old 2020-11-25, 18:33   Link #86
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm kind of surprised Alice even bothered to send Rin to deal with Salinger. She couldn't have imagined that Rin could actually win that fight right? I know that they need to deal with the fires and regain stability, but shouldn't they send their best bet against someone like Salinger? Unless she was really banking on Iska helping out there and coming to fight Salinger for her.

No doubt Salinger could actually solve the immediate problem of the astral crest for Mismis. Although powering that guy up even slightly more seems a dicey proposition.

At least we have some idea where things are going though. This rather casual war is about to heat up with a massive attack set from the Empire. So that will be interesting when the time comes.
Old 2020-11-25, 19:47   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder if Sallinger's ability to steal astral spirits from other people is unique to him or if others can do it. It seemed like Iska was unaware this is possible, so I'm guessing he's one of a kind. It makes his sense of superiority more understandable too.
Old 2020-11-25, 20:55   Link #88
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The story is incredibly boring, but we can at least give credits to the maid's voice acting.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-01, 14:06   Link #89
Dj0rel
True Believer

I just realized why Rin growling at Salinger sounded so familiar. The same voice actress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAuO5GyWTrk
Old 2020-12-02, 11:00   Link #90
Frontier

Rin and Iska's relationship has grown a lot across this arc, going from her drugging him, trying to kill him, to teaming-up and Rin finally acknowledging him by name and developing a begrudging respect for him. Not that she'll fully accept him with her Lady Alice .

Salinger's not just dangerous because of how many Astral Spirits he has at his disposal, but because of the fact that he can combine their power too .

We finally find out what Iska's two swords can do. The black sword can negate attacks while the white absorbs it and can use that same ability once. A pretty nice combination, if I do say so myself .

Salinger drops out of the battle after discovering a worthy opponent in Iska, although it would've been cool and fitting to see him and Alice come to blows .

I thought this Nameless sounded a lot more talkative, and it turns out to have been Risya. Why the need to dress up as Nameless? To hide her identity from the Ice Calamity Witch? Is this common for Saint Disciples to disguise themselves as Nameless? Although I can imagine how much that skintight suit and helmet would be suffocating...As a side note, Risya looks really good with her hair down .

I guess in the grand scheme of things, this was a win for the Empire. Sure the Sovereignty contained the prison break, but they got Iska back, freed Salinger who wants to take the royals down, and have units that have infiltrated the palace and can keep watch on it. Alice and her family might need to stay on their toes .

Alice talking about Iska being her official rival like they're a couple now .

We finally properly meet one of Alice's sisters, who turns out to be the same Witch Iska freed in the very beginning of the series, and who wants to meet him again. On-top of that, now she knows her sister is apparently surprisingly close to him as well. I smell trouble and hi jinks on the horizon .
Old 2020-12-02, 15:26   Link #91
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I really want to drop this show but I can't given how absurd it is.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-02, 15:56   Link #92
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I thought this Nameless sounded a lot more talkative, and it turns out to have been Risya. Why the need to dress up as Nameless?
If I had a work colleague who dressed up in a mask, I'd pretend to be him too...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-02, 17:31   Link #93
Dj0rel
True Believer

I have to question the Empire's plan to ally with Salinger. If he's allowed to run free stealing astral spirits, wouldn't he eventually become a powerful enemy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
If I had a work colleague who dressed up in a mask, I'd pretend to be him too...
Maybe the mask makes him feel cool.
Old 2020-12-02, 23:15   Link #94
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
I have to question the Empire's plan to ally with Salinger. If he's allowed to run free stealing astral spirits, wouldn't he eventually become a powerful enemy?
I think it's less allying with him so much as using him as a wild card to distract and cause trouble of the Sovereignty so the Empire can make their move with impunity.

I guess they assume whatever Salinger has at his disposal they can counter with their Saint Disciples.
Old 2020-12-02, 23:35   Link #95
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
As long as he's also causing trouble for the Sovereignty, they probably don't think it's much of an issue.

I was actually thinking of this exact scene when I wrote that comment.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-03, 07:52   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the witch Iska freed was Alice's little sister. I'm surprised Alice never realized. The Empire obviously kept the specifics under wraps but Alice must have known her sister was abducted and then freed around that time.
Old 2020-12-09, 11:05   Link #97
Frontier

So the leader of the Empire turns out to be a...cute and effeminate fox boy? Okay. They don't seem too worked up about much, but they also seem to have somehow realized Alice has fallen in love with Iska, so I'm wondering what their exact power is and what they plan to do with Alice and Iska's relationship other than be amused by it .

We finally meet Sisbell, Alice's shut-in sister in a mini-skirt, but she's a shut-in and awkward primarily because she's concerned about the politics of the Sovereignty and the danger it poses to their mother and doesn't trust anyone but her old retainer. Especially when she has the power to replay events and see what people are saying behind her back .

We also meet Elletear, Alice's older sister, returning home from some campaigning for the crown herself. Not only does she have an amazing figure and gigantic boobs, but she's voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro, which increases her attractiveness tenfold. I don't trust her dealings with the Zoa though .

Not surprising that Alice would prefer the excitement and romance of the outside (and particularly the romance of her "rivalry") to the administrative desk work actually required of being a princess. A part of her probably prefers the romcom antics to trying to be the next queen .

Wow, way to go Michaeala, going out of her way to give the team their much-needed vacation days and boss Risya around for abusing her authority. She totally deserves it .

Nene in a red bikini! Mismis in a tight cat one-piece! Both girls looked amazing, but it's a shame we didn't get to see either Alice or Sisbell in a swimsuit .

Sisbell has her sisters penchant for stumbling into Iska when least expecting to, and getting a big blush around him. It also turns out she also had the same plan as her sister of making Iska into her knight and bringing him to the Sovereignty. Understandable, considering he rescued her before .

Good on the queen for acknowledging Sisbell probably doesn't have much of a shot at being the next queen but still being concerned for her as a mother...although snooping in her room has led Alice to uncover Sisbell having some connection to Iska, which will likely complicate things .
Old 2020-12-09, 12:33   Link #98
Psyco Diver

Quote:

Maybe the mask makes him feel cool.
Nobody ever said it was a good plan lol
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-09, 15:45   Link #99
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well at least Iska's punishment seems a bit more believable now. If he helped a Princess of the enemy Kingdom escape that'd be a pretty massive blow to the Empire. Although in that case did he seriously not know? Did he just see a cute girl being imprisoned and figured "hey why not"?

Not particularly surprised that Sisbell is a bit awkward. She was imprisoned for at least some period of time in an enemy country. Although I'm not even sure if her own family knows about it or if the Empire itself knew who they had. There's something that feels weird about how this is all being handled. Did she wander into the Empire and just get captured without her full identity being known?

I really wonder where the suspicion is going to be turned. Both Alice and Sisbell have a significant interest in Iska. And that could be interpreted for either of them as treasonous. I'm guessing the pressure will turn more on Sisbell though. She's the one in the family that looks the most suspicious to others. While Rin has mostly kept Alice's romantic interest in Iska from being spotted.

Kind of sad in that respect. Sisbell seems like a good person that cares intensely about her mother. But has simply seen too much ugliness around her to even bother putting up an act. Leading to a rather awkward family raid on her bedroom . Her mother tries to make it sound good. But she's still inviting her daughter to help raid another daughter's room to look for suspicious goods...
Old 2020-12-09, 19:47   Link #100
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I probably should be used to it by now, but come on. Iska just happened to be on a vacation in the same country Sisbelle was sent to, and of course they (literally) bumped into each other.

Tags
harem, romance