AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-23, 21:28   Link #181
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Let me guess... She changed either, or both, phone's system time before changing it back, causing the message time to be off by an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Can he though? I'm only watching the anime so I don't know the source material, so far we have seen him poisoned and burnt to a crisp. I don't see how pulling off a "Cask of Amontillado" wouldn't work in this case. Although its too late now because he doesn't trust her one bit
As he is immortal, all that would happen is him undermining the cask's structure over and over again until it eventually crumbles.
You'd have to to do a Osiris on him to be anywhere near effective.
And as we know, it didn't work with Osiris forever either, as his wife Isis re-assembled and resurrected him.
As you can see, murdering immortals doesn't even work properly in mythology.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 22:52   Link #182
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Let me guess... She changed either, or both, phone's system time before changing it back, causing the message time to be off by an hour.
Nana needs the actual message to be sent when she is with Kyoya.
If Kaori dies when Nana is alone (i.e. no alibi) then changing the time of the message is pointless.
Old 2020-11-24, 07:51   Link #183
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Now if Nana had some backing and wasn't forced to do everything on her own, Kyouya could be tied and encased in a 5x5 meters concrete block. That would certainly be a horrible fate, he would probably suffer suffocation and starvation for thousands of years to come, but he certainly wouldn't be able to get out of there in anyone's lifetime, which might be his lifetime if he's not immune to the effects of aging.

But at any rate as things are now, she doesn't have access to such a secure method and anything else would be difficult to achieve and not guarantee that Kyouya wouldn't be able to escape or be helped to escape.

But regardless of that, I must say that as far as superpowers go, the power to turn your saliva into venom/poison is a really shitty one as is, the fact that you also need to eat live reptiles to maintain it just makes it unbelievably laughable.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-24, 13:30   Link #184
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Nana needs the actual message to be sent when she is with Kyoya.
If Kaori dies when Nana is alone (i.e. no alibi) then changing the time of the message is pointless.
Changing the system time forward would still help there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But regardless of that, I must say that as far as superpowers go, the power to turn your saliva into venom/poison is a really shitty one as is, the fact that you also need to eat live reptiles to maintain it just makes it unbelievably laughable.
It's even more stupid when you consider that she has a boyfriend. One kiss and goodbye

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-24, 19:12   Link #185
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I really wonder how some of these kids even discovered their powers. Take Tsunekichi. How did he get the idea to sleep with an instant camera?
Old 2020-11-25, 03:12   Link #186
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe they instinctively know what their powers are?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 03:25   Link #187
Nostxlgia
モンキー・D・ルフィ

It's getting a bit ridiculous right now, she's bodying people left and right I mean at some point you just gotta realize if she's always the first person at the crime-scene she's suspect. I feel sorry for Kyoya, he's literally surrounded by morons.
Nostxlgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 08:32   Link #188
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

What strikes me is how nonchalant they are about the situation they find themselves in.

Even if you buy everything that Nana said, right now we have three disappeared, three confirmed deaths (not including Shinji), an alleged failed attempted murder, a score of corpses from previous inhabitants of the island (ostensibly talented students as well since they have the same uniforms).

And all of this is mostly pinned on "enemies of humanity" which allegedly can:
- Hide so well nobody has ever seen them one.
- Kill several talented without suffering any loss themselves.
- Possess talented and manipulate them to kill others in their stead.

The last part alone should make everyone become paranoid and suspect their classmates of being controlled by these "enemies". At any rate in this situation they should pretty much realize that they are in no way fighting against this "enemy", they are just cattle awaiting for the slaughter.

Old 2020-11-26, 11:45   Link #189
Magewolf

Quote:
What strikes me is how nonchalant they are about the situation they find themselves in.

Even if you buy everything that Nana said, right now we have three disappeared, three confirmed deaths (not including Shinji), an alleged failed attempted murder, a score of corpses from previous inhabitants of the island (ostensibly talented students as well since they have the same uniforms).

And all of this is mostly pinned on "enemies of humanity" which allegedly can:
- Hide so well nobody has ever seen them one.
- Kill several talented without suffering any loss themselves.
- Possess talented and manipulate them to kill others in their stead.

The last part alone should make everyone become paranoid and suspect their classmates of being controlled by these "enemies". At any rate in this situation they should pretty much realize that they are in no way fighting against this "enemy", they are just cattle awaiting for the slaughter.
But you are using rational thought. As I mentioned earlier in the thread rational thought is this show's Kryptonite.

This story has always struck me as one of those "Let's throw some spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks." situations. The high concept was "young female Batman kills teenage supers in a school". Why? Not important. How? By being Batman. And out of that they got maybe three good chapters and ever since then they have been scrambling to try to make something sustainable out of it.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 23:18   Link #190
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Series took a nosedive with the writing quality,
Old 2020-11-28, 16:21   Link #191
Kazu-kun

Actually, now it's when it starts to get better.
Old 2020-11-29, 18:04   Link #192
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I noticed Michiru didn't call Nana "Nana-shan", so when she pulled the boxcutter, I knew she was a shapeshifter. I thought it'd be one of the kids though, ever expected a survivor from five years ago to still be here. And no wonder he survived with a power like that.

The way Nana got rid of the cellphone felt more than risky.
Old 2020-11-29, 20:05   Link #193
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So... Zettai Karen Children.
It would have been so much better if Rena was actually Rena, but oh well. Will Hyoubu... I mean, whatever this guy's name's intelligence survive the wrath of Nana's plot armor?!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 20:41   Link #194
X207
Gamyūsa

yikes, i thought Nanao would be the MC along side Nana but 2 eps in its more like Happy sugar life...those 2 could've made a killer couple (pun intended) or atleast be able to fight back. this series is dark enough for me to watch though im not exactly rooting for what Nana does.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 22:48   Link #195
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
though im not exactly rooting for what Nana does.
I don't think that we are supposed to
Nana herself is having doubt about it now.
Old 2020-11-29, 23:05   Link #196
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
I don't think that we are supposed to
Nana herself is having doubt about it now.
yeah im a bit crazy myself, Higurashi, Another, Shiki, Okamikamushi are some of my favorite anime. Happy sugar life wast a cluster___ on the mind and this series has piqued my interest in that topic, just saw ep1-7 and currently at ep 8.

i just love series which have a dark theme and something seems to be a bit wrong. im like Kyoya, i see a slight discrepancy in a seemingly cheerful series and it piques my interest. though her excure of "enemies of humanity" is really stale at this point... its a bit like Death note at this point...but thats just fine with me . its pretty much a series mashup of Another and Death Note atm for me

a few minutes into EP9 and that dog girl really pulled a fast one on her , now thats a twist i like to see in series like this. i just finished watching ep9

Last edited by X207; 2020-11-29 at 23:53.
Old 2020-11-30, 08:39   Link #197
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well the real "dog girl" didn't actually do anything. Maybe the intent was to trick us into believe that everyone is secretly evil just like Yuuka, but it seems that dog girl is a genuinely good person.

But as Nana put it, she's not there to judge who is deserving to die, she's there to kill the talented since they pose a threat to humanity, and they are still a threat even if they don't mean any harm, as their powers might go out of control.

Anyway I see that the story actually addresses some of the weak points that I noticed earlier. Most of the students are in fact scared of what is happening now. And the existence of Jin Tachibana brings further insight of a possible reason for the authorities to send an assassin rather than use a more direct approach. If they know he's still around (and they should know since they've seen him escaping), and if they have a general idea of the power he possesses, they probably want to avoid a direct confrontation. Nana might have been sent as an expendable pawn to test the waters.

Old 2020-12-01, 02:18   Link #198
X207
Gamyūsa

Nana will be is deep trouble when the others find out she killed so many of their class mates. even if Jin seems to be terrible compared to her, i dont think they'd be too kind to her when it clears up and she realizes where she went wrong
Old 2020-12-01, 08:17   Link #199
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kyoya said his sister had been sent to the island six months ago, right? I'm sure Jin lied about a lot of things, but if the part about the previous batch of students having been from five years ago is true, then Kyoya's sister was never there. I guess she wasn't the Nana look-a-like.
Old 2020-12-01, 21:09   Link #200
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

How long has the current batch been on the island? Since Nana and Kyouya are transfer students, it is very well possible that Kyouya's sister was supposed to be one of the current students' classmate. Apparently however not only she isn't there, nobody seems to actually know her.

Tags
psychological, super powers