AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-05, 02:42   Link #41
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Dunno if it'll be better than the XI .
The XI was bad ...
I'll play just XIII and the versus .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 07:17   Link #42
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
It seems the great Nobuo Uematsu will be composing all the music for this title. This is huge news to me.

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/?p=3122

Hope you see all you guys on the PS3 version.
I'll see ya there getting the PS3 too, to max out Graphics as much as I can, why bother with the PC version when DAT mods are gonna be pretty much impossible to do with those graphics.

and I do pray they make it non mod able ><
Old 2009-06-05, 09:16   Link #43
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I'm not sure I'll get the PS3 version. I prefer to play MMORPGs on PC so I'll most likely end up getting the PC version, not to mention I'll be able to play with a lot more people and a lot more friends (namely even those who don't have a PS3 at all). The only reason that could make me prefer the PS3 version could be some insane hardware specs requirements, but since I'm going to renew my PC next year I hardly see that happening.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 11:47   Link #44
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I have one remark --- if they use the same f'd up user interface keyboards they used in FF11, my interest plummets to zero. There's a fairly accepted keyboard configuration that most players use for most MMOs (wsad and mouse camera) ... use that, dammit. It was a shame, everything else was pretty interesting.

Other than that.... one can hope they push the graphics a wee bit harder. It was massively disappointing to go through character generation only to pop into the world with a polygon count I thought hadn't been used since EQ1.
Makes me wonder if we've been playing the same game, as in im playing the game as i type this. *scratches head* Two keyboard configurations; the default one and "compact mode", compact mode has the accepted keyboard configuration as you put it. As for the overall UI, it's fucking shitty and one of the main reasons newbies leave out of frustration.

For the EQ1 comparison, i disagree with you 200%. FFXI gfx is superior then to that old dog. Since im still playing WoW (raid responsibility) i find FFXI to be better. (then again thats like apples and oranges since WoW goes with the cartoony look)
Old 2009-06-05, 12:03   Link #45
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

they definaly willl let PS3 and PC people play together, they did the same with FFXI, why not FFXIV? that would be too stupid.
Old 2009-06-05, 12:12   Link #46
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Sometimes I wonder if using a joypad for PC games is considered an eresy or something. As for me, except for those games that are meant to be controlled via mouse, I always used a joypad since the 486 era. FFXI is meant to be played with a joypad, yeah the keyboard setting isn't optimal, but complaining about it it's like complaining that the PS2 version was hard to enjoy if you didn't buy a keyboard to chat.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 14:59   Link #47
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

y not call it ffxi-2
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 15:14   Link #48
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Actually I wish it they would just call it "Final Fantasy Online", and therefore this one should be "Final Fantasy Online II". It is as if "Ultima online" was named "Ultima X online" or "World of Warcraft" was named "Warcraft IV online". It doesn't make much sense doesn't it?

Old 2009-06-05, 19:50   Link #49
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
they definaly willl let PS3 and PC people play together, they did the same with FFXI, why not FFXIV? that would be too stupid.
They've confirmed that this will be cross-platform. In fact, rumor is that the reason why its not on the Xbox 360 (yet) is that thus far Microsoft has some sort of policy that forbids people on Xbox Live from playing in the same server as the PS3 people. SE is trying to convince MS to drop this policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
y not call it ffxi-2
Because its a completely different game from XI. Different battle system, different leveling system, different world, different races, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Actually I wish it they would just call it "Final Fantasy Online", and therefore this one should be "Final Fantasy Online II". It is as if "Ultima online" was named "Ultima X online" or "World of Warcraft" was named "Warcraft IV online". It doesn't make much sense doesn't it?
Marketing. There are way too many FF spinoffs to count, so if they don't make this part of the main FF series, people aren't going to care. Plus XI and XIV are big-budget, quality releases, unlike the spinoffs. FF Online or whatever just don't cut it, as the creators have said.
Old 2009-06-05, 20:09   Link #50
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I pray they let us make Male Mithra characters, if not the game will be filled with mithra like FFXI was. I think it will be 50/50 that they do, or atleast have new Races -_-

But I don't like Gender Excusive races to begin with... its just not a good idea to do it.
Old 2009-06-05, 20:55   Link #51
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I pray they let us make Male Mithra characters, if not the game will be filled with mithra like FFXI was. I think it will be 50/50 that they do, or atleast have new Races -_-

But I don't like Gender Excusive races to begin with... its just not a good idea to do it.
There's a male Mithra in the artwork, so let's hope for it. (:

Makes me wonder if they'll also add...female Galkas. o_o
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 22:13   Link #52
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

how do you knwo its a male? it could be a flat chested one =\
Old 2009-06-05, 22:59   Link #53
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Makes me wonder if they'll also add...female Galkas. o_o
Who the hell would take that as a character?

Just think about the fact that 2 of the 8 selectable hume female faces (in FFXI) are practically inexistent among the players, and that only because they aren't feminine.

Old 2009-06-06, 03:51   Link #54
SvenCalBayan

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
y not call it ffxi-2
I'm a bit dissapointed by FFXIV. To me, it looks like an upgraded FFXI... with better graphics (obviously) and perhaps... different gameplay.

I was hoping that for their next venture online, they would go for a more futuristic sci-fi look. Esthar of FFVIII, Midgar of FFVII, Cocoon of FFXIII... imagine being in a world with cities like that, but ONLINE !

Futuristic weapons (Gun-Blade, Laser Sword, Buster Sword, Rifles, Laser Rifles, etc...) mixed with ether magic (yeah I know, ether is more like Xenosaga).

Imagine the concept of FFVIII (but without it's gameplay) in an ONLINE world. You can choose to be a SeeD mercenary for a specific Garden, an Esthar or Galbadian soldier... or a freelance mercenary. I could elaborate more, but it would take me pages.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 04:44   Link #55
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if using a joypad for PC games is considered an eresy or something. As for me, except for those games that are meant to be controlled via mouse, I always used a joypad since the 486 era. FFXI is meant to be played with a joypad, yeah the keyboard setting isn't optimal, but complaining about it it's like complaining that the PS2 version was hard to enjoy if you didn't buy a keyboard to chat.
I thought the same thing. The wired 360 controller was pretty good though. Personally I didn't like FFXI, since the whole controlls, animation where all woody. No pvp kills any mmo in my eyes, but if SE learns from their mistakes, even without PvP I'll be very interested. Since I'm playing pvp mmo's most of the time a pve mmo might be nice for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post
I'm a bit dissapointed by FFXIV. To me, it looks like an upgraded FFXI... with better graphics (obviously) and perhaps... different gameplay.

I was hoping that for their next venture online, they would go for a more futuristic sci-fi look. Esthar of FFVIII, Midgar of FFVII, Cocoon of FFXIII... imagine being in a world with cities like that, but ONLINE !

Futuristic weapons (Gun-Blade, Laser Sword, Buster Sword, Rifles, Laser Rifles, etc...) mixed with ether magic (yeah I know, ether is more like Xenosaga).

Imagine the concept of FFVIII (but without it's gameplay) in an ONLINE world. You can choose to be a SeeD mercenary for a specific Garden, an Esthar or Galbadian soldier... or a freelance mercenary. I could elaborate more, but it would take me pages.
Couldn't agree more, it's pretty dumb move on SE's part, you'd really have 2 games living next together rather then making an upgrade.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 05:45   Link #56
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
UEMATSU MY HERO!! Now I'm really hyped for the game XD
I always tought of Galkas as cute - must be their tail o.ô - but I'd never play a female Galka .. unless the look totally different lol.

If they are elvaans again I also hope the females are made a little more feminine. I would have played one ... but then they had these broad ass shoulders XD
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 06:02   Link #57
-Kh-
ポルカ

This thread is so full of shit that is not even worth having a rational discussion with so many FFXI, MMO and even SE haters here.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 06:30   Link #58
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Couldn't agree more, it's pretty dumb move on SE's part, you'd really have 2 games living next together rather then making an upgrade.
Except SE actually wants FFXI players to move onto FFXIV. That's why they try so hard to keep some of the races looking the same and everything. A scifi MMO might turn the FFXI people away, which is exactly what they don't want to do.

And really from both a business and a player's point of view, the smart thing to do really is to run one well-populated MMO rather than split the players base into two different games, which I am sure is SE's ultimate goal.

Last edited by brightman; 2009-06-06 at 06:40.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 06:43   Link #59
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Not really

Quote:
Q: Will you try to move players from XI to XIV or will they be separate communities?
• A: It's up to the community themselves. We envision users that will hopefully play XI one day and XIV another. They will be independent, but users are free to play both.
They want the players to play both of them.

Old 2009-06-06, 07:13   Link #60
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
They want the players to play both of them.
I know that's what they said, but its clear from their actions that their long term goal is to convert the FFXI players to FFXIV ones. After all, there's another interview where Tanaka said that he realized MMOs are something that requires a lot of time, and most people are going to play only one of them. So while they aim for this best-case scenario (aka dream world) where people will be spending their whole life playing multiple FF MMOs, they are obviously expecting something else to happen.

Tags
mmorpg