AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-09, 11:12   Link #621
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

lol, my suspicions on Shou's boyfriend was right, he's a scum bag. Now to wait on her crying back to Utsumi.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 11:19   Link #622
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0 View Post
Chapter 23 is out.

Another good chapter. The train was pretty funny. But of all people to see at the concert, oh boy. I thought we would see what's her name's, his senpai, on a date with another girl. I think I would have preferred that than this.
I liked the way the mangaka just swept it under the rug like it was nothing. The worst thing Utsu could do is leave Kurokawa to find answers(which is what the typical shounen manga would do), and that'd been annoying. More surprising is that they had Shou's sempai AND Kurokawa's ex show up in the same chapter. This hardly EVER happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayataka View Post
lol, my suspicions on Shou's boyfriend was right, he's a scum bag. Now to wait on her crying back to Utsumi.
Clearly everyone assumed he was a scumbag >.>.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 14:47   Link #623
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I liked the way the mangaka just swept it under the rug like it was nothing. The worst thing Utsu could do is leave Kurokawa to find answers(which is what the typical shounen manga would do), and that'd been annoying. More surprising is that they had Shou's sempai AND Kurokawa's ex show up in the same chapter. This hardly EVER happens.
Yeah, no filler chapters, it just keeps going. Although another humorous chapter would have been nice since things are going to get heavy now.

Quote:
Clearly everyone assumed he was a scumbag >.>.
Forget assumptions, it's fact.

Oh, and have we ever heard Kurokawa's ex-boyfriend's name before? Just curious.

I also think it's too early for Utsumi to come in contact with the ex. I hope they leave the concert without seeing him. He still needs another power up to be able to even attempt that square off.
Old 2010-03-09, 14:50   Link #624
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah, no filler chapters, it just keeps going. Although another humorous chapter would have been nice since things are going to get heavy now.

Forget assumptions, it's fact.

Oh, and have we ever heard Kurokawa's ex-boyfriend's name before? Just curious.

I also think it's too early for Utsumi to come in contact with the ex. I hope they leave the concert without seeing him. He still needs another power up to be able to even attempt that square off.
yeah in the hotel when utsumi brought her there and she mumbled it in her sleep.
Old 2010-03-09, 18:42   Link #625
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 23 :

As i thought , Yuki will see again his ex . Drama drama !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 12:09   Link #626
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Chapter 27 Raws aren't out yet, but I guess there was a summary in Japanese on another site. Our very own Darknemo2000 translated it into English:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-10, 12:47   Link #627
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Umm
Spoiler for Teacher:
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 12:52   Link #628
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Umm
Spoiler for Teacher:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-10, 16:43   Link #629
Sinta

Lame lame lame, Yuki just talk to him. If you like him good, we can move on with our freaking lives!! if you don't good he can move on just not to Shou he gets back with her I will scream. The girl totally blew you off like the day you were supposed to go on a date. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? I'm starting to dig the work chick...
Old 2010-03-10, 17:45   Link #630
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

She's the only girl that actually likes Utsumi. Utsumi seems to have a knack for chasing after girls that he has a very low chance of getting, maybe he's just a masochist? It's not like going for Risa is aiming low, she's hot, sweet, humble, sincere and honestly likes him.
Old 2010-03-10, 18:18   Link #631
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well Yuki didn't look that low chance of getting considering that it looked like she moved on and went on a date with Negeshi, but all of sudden she is not and she is very much in her ex and what is worse she leaves both guys on the strings not giving them clear answers and acts all smileys as if nothing happened and as if she doesn't understand that her indecisive/cowardly acts are causing others to suffer.

Its seriously like reading an overly angsty shoujo drama from the male point of view who is not a main love interest of the shoujo heroine. You know - the third unlucky guy, who always gets the short end of the stick in the shoujo triangles...

The only shounen thing in this one are just the covers. Its like the author still tries to pretend that the manga is still a shounen... And the last chapter (27) cover looked almost desperate...

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-03-10 at 18:29.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 08:22   Link #632
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Lame lame lame, Yuki just talk to him. If you like him good, we can move on with our freaking lives!! if you don't good he can move on just not to Shou he gets back with her I will scream. The girl totally blew you off like the day you were supposed to go on a date. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? I'm starting to dig the work chick...
The work chick is hot. I'd say he should go for her, it'd be a lot easier in more ways than one.

Kidding aside, Utsumi needs a power up soon. At the very least, I don't hate him or anything...so I'll be rooting for him.
Old 2010-03-11, 09:36   Link #633
KLGChaos
The Shermain

He definitely needs a power up. Or at least say "Hey, enough is enough." Girls with baggage are trouble, believe me.

And DragoZERO... another New Yorker, I see.
Old 2010-03-11, 12:23   Link #634
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
He definitely needs a power up. Or at least say "Hey, enough is enough." Girls with baggage are trouble, believe me.
Yeah, lots a trouble. Gotta wonder if it's worth it sometimes, but sometimes it is. In this case...it's a tough call. We don't know enough about Oonuma (that's her name, right?) to decide, so yeah.

Quote:
And DragoZERO... another New Yorker, I see.
And my accent will prove it.
Old 2010-03-11, 13:08   Link #635
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah, lots a trouble. Gotta wonder if it's worth it sometimes, but sometimes it is. In this case...it's a tough call. We don't know enough about Oonuma (that's her name, right?) to decide, so yeah.

And my accent will prove it.
You from the city? I'm more mid-state, near the capital. :P

As for Risa, she does have the baggage of her being overweight. However, whether or not she's dropped it is another matter. As you said, we don't know enough yet.

Yuki, despite her words of "being ready to fall in love again" has obviously NOT put that baggage behind her yet and as long as she carries it, she'll never be a good option.
Old 2010-03-11, 13:47   Link #636
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
You from the city? I'm more mid-state, near the capital. :P
The island.

Quote:
As for Risa, she does have the baggage of her being overweight. However, whether or not she's dropped it is another matter. As you said, we don't know enough yet.

Yuki, despite her words of "being ready to fall in love again" has obviously NOT put that baggage behind her yet and as long as she carries it, she'll never be a good option.
I don't think Risa can compare to Yuki. We know so little about Yuki's past but we already know it's some heavy stuff that, I don't think, can't compare with a girl losing weight and acting awkward.

EDIT: 24 is out, just read it...
Spoiler for Chapter 24:
Can't wait for the next chapter.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-03-11 at 13:59.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 14:40   Link #637
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yeah, it just hit the fan in chapter 24.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-12, 02:04   Link #638
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for 24:
Old 2010-03-12, 02:36   Link #639
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Now that it's up most places, we can discuss 24 openly I think.

Anyway, I give major props to Utsumi this chapter, not just for being honest and confessing, but for calling Yuki out when she said he doesn't love Tooru anymore, when it's obvious she sill has feelings for him. As much as she says she's ready to move on, she's deluding herself and her baggage is still weighing her down.
Old 2010-03-12, 02:46   Link #640
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 24 !

Finally , he said it , well we can say that the event turn on in his favor ^^
Yeah , Yuki still have some feelings for tooru .
Cliffhangers , need next chap .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi