AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-02, 20:55   Link #21
LynnieS

A very odd show, IMHO. I started out thinking it was a stereotypical fan service-heavy series (panty shots and all) then switched to thinking that it was a guy's interpretation of "Maria-sama ga Miteru".

Finally, I got all confused when out popped the giant robots attacking with fists, weapons, and energy beams. Too many genres in this thing.

Pretty artwork, but still odd. I'll rate it as a 8 out of 10 on the watch list for now.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 03:58   Link #22
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

just to say that it seems the english name now is confirmed to be Kannaduki no Miko? Any mod help to change the title to the appropriate one?

The first episode is quite good for me, more or less what I have expected. Cool pretty girls, shoujo-ai, super robot action... and some "comedy(?)" I guess kinda feel sad for the "male lead" though... he's totally ignored when fighting the monster and doing that funny pose, the two girls are already too involved in their own lovey dovey world

Great ED too
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 11:51   Link #23
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

First episode was baaad. What a ridiculous combination. Shoujo ai crossed with super robots crossed with miko?!

NO.
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 12:10   Link #24
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
just to say that it seems the english name now is confirmed to be Kannaduki no Miko? Any mod help to change the title to the appropriate one?
lol that's why I always used Kannaduki when I refer to it, it's because the official site is kannaduki.net.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 12:12   Link #25
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman
Ah, first ep is nice, but not new to me after all, since I've seen the preview off Animage DVD. I'm sure it'll be fansubbed too, great first ep in my opinion. But, saw Geneon's name up front and early, and I thought with practically everything else I've seen with Geneon's name anywhere in the ep, that Geneon license's this thing in a few. But, I want to know what you all thought about ep 01.

See me at AN forums, I live there. Hope you all enjoy Kannaduki like I do!
It's a possibility, since Kannaduki is listed on the Rondo Robe page, which usually has a high percentage of licenses.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 12:24   Link #26
stpehen
kisses for all

So far this is the only show out of 8 that even passed the "15 second scan" test and made me sit down and watch the whole thing. Right now the attraction for me is the bizarre and illogical mix of genres. No doubt that it will eventually settle into some kind of rut eventually, and the novelty will outstay its welcome, but until then it was kinda quirky.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 12:29   Link #27
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman
lol that's why I always used Kannaduki when I refer to it, it's because the official site is kannaduki.net.
yup I guess it should be kannaduki... But since the kanji 神無月 is actually an existing term (it means the 10th month in the Japanese Moon Calender, which is from the middle of October to the middle of November) and usually translated as kannazuki, so I put kannazuki at first

For the first episode, I find myself laughing to tears during the last part, I mean
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-03, 15:16   Link #28
Somedude

Wow, lesbians, giant robots and panty shots! This series is sure to be a hit!
Somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 16:49   Link #29
naantje
Annoyance :)

aka kannaduki no lesbian, im game
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 19:18   Link #30
gourami

Caught this image somewhere, I thought it was a fan art at first. But after reading dreamlesss spoiler... it really did happen!! SHOCK
Spoiler:
gourami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 21:04   Link #31
dreamless

yup, it really did happen, that's the "birthday present" I guess

And below is definitely one of the most hilarious and kickass scenes I've seen in recent animes...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-03, 23:02   Link #32
stpehen
kisses for all

Is anyone else bothered by the "Kannaduki" spelling yet? Obviously for the production staff, the international English audience is a secondary factor, but if they had someone with a decent knowledge of English they might try to spell it in such a way that does not put one in mind of Groundskeeper Willie wailing about his constipation, "I canna dookie!"
Old 2004-10-03, 23:20   Link #33
_yeah
poseur

See my previous rant about romanization systems here.

"Kannaduki" is the standard romanization under Kunrei-shiki, which is the "official" romanization system of Japan. That doesn't mean everybody uses it, but it's, uh, "official".

Kunrei is funny though, because it tosses a number of exceptions in there. "You use si, except in cases where somebody used shi already, in which case you use shi."
_yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 00:30   Link #34
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
Is anyone else bothered by the "Kannaduki" spelling yet? Obviously for the production staff, the international English audience is a secondary factor, but if they had someone with a decent knowledge of English they might try to spell it in such a way that does not put one in mind of Groundskeeper Willie wailing about his constipation, "I canna dookie!"
Bah, if you don't like Kannaduki then don't use it. I don't see a reason to make a fuss over it. Romanization system is just a convenience for the english speaking population. Nobody learns japanese with romanization system in Japan anyways.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 12:12   Link #35
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

Actually, to a Japanese person, the spelling "Kannaduki" makes more sense, because "Duki" (pronounced as "Zuki") is a voiced version of "Tuki" (pronounced as "Tsuki".) It's done that way because the sound "Zu" can be written two different ways in Japanese, as a voiced "Tu" (Tsu) or as a voiced "Su". Doing it this way allows a Japanese person to distinguish how the kana would be written, and also allows one to type faster, since you often end up with one less letter (but not in this case).

HOWEVER, to an English speaker with no knowledge of Japanese Romaji keyboard input, it makes no sense. This is because the phrase is pronounced as "Kan-na-zuki". So for us, I think it should be spelled "Kannazuki".

Last edited by RobertM; 2004-10-04 at 12:25.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 12:47   Link #36
stpehen
kisses for all

Thank you for your comments. I know how romanization systems work, I'm semi-fluent in the language myself. (After looking up the names) I prefer the standard Hepburn system the most, as it encourages the closest pronunciation for English speakers (i.e. only one 'o' for the long 'ou' sound)
Old 2004-10-04, 13:45   Link #37
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Though I'm not big on shoujo-ai/yuri, or shounen-ai/yaoi for that matter, I think I might give this one a shot, maybe then I can check out that Maria-sama ga Miteru that everyone is talking about.

Well, here's to enjoying this series *toasts everyone in the thread and drinks his milk*
Old 2004-10-04, 23:13   Link #38
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Whoa, I was pleasently surprised with this first episode RAW. Damn, GREAT string music, nice art (then again, I think I say this about every anime days), and well, I'm hooked. shoujo-ai or not, when you have this kind of mixture along with mecha... heh, addiction.

The ED is great too. KOTOKO - Agony.
Old 2004-10-05, 21:43   Link #39
dreamless

lol, now after I think it's confirmed to be kannaduki no miko, it's listed on animesuki as kannazuki no miko... I guess maybe this zuki/duki stuff will continue even some more...

anyway now more people can enjoy watching the first episode as it's fansubbed, I myself sure laughed really hard when I watched it

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-05 at 22:03.
Old 2004-10-05, 21:46   Link #40
Mithel

Kannazuki no Miko

This is the show I've been waiting for my entire life.

[X] Lesbians
[X] Fanservice
[X] Crazed mecha beating the hell out of each other

I liked the first episode(if you couldn't tell), the robot fight was decent, and the rest came together fairly well. One thing I would pick on, to many stills. More animation, I say!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-06 at 05:13. Reason: Threads merged. Doesn't anybody bother to SEARCH for an already exiting thread. Aho.
Mithel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, mecha, romance, shounen, yuri