Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-16, 05:55   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 492 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
Some raw scans have been released. I'm sure the rest will follow soon enough. It looks like this weeks chapter will switch back to the SS invasion (at least for part of the chapter).
Old 2012-05-16, 10:06   Link #2
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well so much for Mister Big RAWR monster dude, he may have layed a beat down but in the end it did jack all
Altho I did expect as much.

Now can we just have Ichigo beat this dude down and move on.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:06   Link #3
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 492:
Old 2012-05-16, 10:36   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 492:
Old 2012-05-16, 13:20   Link #5
Casshern

Spoiler for 492:
Old 2012-05-16, 13:26   Link #6
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Seriously this is getting ridiculous. How many more Aizen look-alike is Kubo gonna draw? Does he think the readers are blind and won't notice or is he that dense to think we won't notice.
Old 2012-05-16, 13:53   Link #7
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Spoiler for 492:
What do you mean "revealed"? This has been known for a loooong time. It might be nice to get the Quincy's point of view at some point, but for now we basically got 10 pages of recap on what we already knew.
Old 2012-05-16, 14:48   Link #8
Hunter6VI6
AVC818

A bit off-topic

Still about the chapter but not currently being discussed...

Spoiler for Bleach Chapter 492:
Old 2012-05-16, 15:09   Link #9
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It might be nice to get the Quincy's point of view at some point, but for now we basically got 10 pages of recap on what we already knew.
We already know what the Quincy point of view is. Supposedly, it comes down to the difference between justice and vengeance. Urahara spells it all out in chapter 36. Why should hollows who harm and kill friends and relatives get sent peacefully to soul society? So they held their faith they were avenging their friends. Screw the balance. Most of them didn't care. Though in their defense, the shinigami were at fault as well. Because I do believe Quincy's at least tried to come to a compromise at one point or another. It was proposed that Quincy's could at least act as first responders to hollow attacks in order to weaken hollows enough to buy time for a shinigami to come and finish it off. But the idea was dismissed. As far as the shinigami were concerned, it was either their way or the highway. Quincy's could either choose to stop fighting hollows completely, or get exterminated. There were no attempts made by the shinigami for a middle-ground resolution as far as we know.

So unless Kubo has something new to add to all this history, I hope he doesn't devote half of yet another chapter towards covering it. On another note, wow, Kajoumaru's character design is so freaking obvious. So much so that I almost wish this guy actually turns out to have some sort of direct connection to Aizen. Because this is the most blatant lookalike yet IMO. So unless there's a plot related reason for it, it just makes me want to facepalm.
Old 2012-05-16, 17:47   Link #10
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
What's the fucking point in introducing these new characters at this point? It's not like Bleach needs more under-developed characters...
Old 2012-05-16, 18:34   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
What do you mean "revealed"? This has been known for a loooong time. It might be nice to get the Quincy's point of view at some point, but for now we basically got 10 pages of recap on what we already knew.
yeah.... I do remember this explanation from Ishida long time ago
well, it's a good time to refresh my mind about Quincy-Shinigami relations
Old 2012-05-16, 19:45   Link #12
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Pretty much this...

I wish we would see the Ishidas already. I want to see a badass doctor/hospital director/Quincy so bad
Old 2012-05-16, 22:44   Link #13
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Truth. Only this version was less entertaining than Rukia's poorly drawn Chappy art version.
Old 2012-05-16, 23:06   Link #14
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Truth. Only this version was less entertaining than Rukia's poorly drawn Chappy art version.
Bleach stopped being awsome when the Chappy cartoon discontinued...
Old 2012-05-16, 23:55   Link #15
astrallionheart

We actually don't know the Shinigami's position at all...all we know is what they teach their students at the academy. I mean the shit Central 46 has been pulling throughout history, the story the 6th seat told sounds like nothing more than a victim/sob story propagated by Central 46.

In reality the "negotiation" with the Quincy probably involved shooting them in the face at first contact.
Old 2012-05-17, 00:14   Link #16
Lendial

its like aizen and apporo grant had a tube-baby
Old 2012-05-17, 00:41   Link #17
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
We actually don't know the Shinigami's position at all...all we know is what they teach their students at the academy. I mean the shit Central 46 has been pulling throughout history, the story the 6th seat told sounds like nothing more than a victim/sob story propagated by Central 46.
If this was the first time we heard this story, I'd be more inclined to agree. But the story matches up well with Urahara, Rukia, and even Soken's statements from the beginning of this series. In fact, despite Uryuu's disdain for shinigami, he even acknowledges the threat the Quincy's posed to the balance--which is why, even though he dislikes shinigami, he doesn't necessarily dislike them for their decision to exterminate the Quincy's. Especially since Soken believed the shinigami's decision was probably the correct one to take. Soken admits that the Quincy were wrong for not listening to the shinigami.
Quote:
In reality the "negotiation" with the Quincy probably involved shooting them in the face at first contact.
We know Soken was among one of these negotiators. And though his attempts all ended in failure's, there's been nothing to imply that the shinigami necessarily responded to his negotiation attempts with violence and hostility.
Old 2012-05-17, 01:16   Link #18
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Spoiler for 492:
I lol'ed hard at this.

Considering it's Kubo, I bet there's a world where all of the resident has Aizen's face.
Old 2012-05-17, 11:04   Link #19
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I don't see how he looks like Aizen, he looks more like Ishida's dad =\ but I guess you guys see what you want to see.
Old 2012-05-17, 13:18   Link #20
james0246

So, once again a female character is reduced to nothing for no real reason. It would have been far more interesting if Kubo had let the Stepford Cuckoos (or whatever their names are) take down the Quincy. But, that would have required a change of pace for Kubo, and an experience that is not telegraphed 10 chapters previous. Oh well, at least the history lesson wasn't too boring, even if it is material we already know.
Closed Thread