AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-12, 17:11   Link #161
Kurohane

That's basically what Saki's parents did, though granted they probably didn't know the exact details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Now, we don't what Dr. Tokishima was like. But think about the fact that each of the students at the school were possible pilots like Kurohane said. Potentially sacrificing someone else's child is fucked up too.

Good one, KleenexGhost. Man, I hated Gendo though, but true we don't know what Dr. Tokishima was like. Would Haruto know his parents worked in module 77 though?
Old 2013-10-12, 17:23   Link #162
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Good one, KleenexGhost. Man, I hated Gendo though, but true we don't know what Dr. Tokishima was like. Would Haruto know his parents worked in module 77 though?
That's the thing. We don't know. Okouchi-sensei hasn't bothered to explain that much yet

It depends, I would suspect Haruto knows their general occupation, but no specifics. Hell, we already got a glimpse of L-Elf's backstory, but the most we know about Haruto's past is that Shoko and him met when they were young and that they once tried to run away with each other.

But I'm guessing that if they plan to introduce Dr. Tokishima, that's when they'll more get into more of that.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:29   Link #163
Irenesharda

Unless they have precog among their ranks, anyone who says that Haruto was manipulated and meant to pilot VVVI, they are spouting bullcrap.

No one specifically aimed at Shoko or even knew where she would be at that particular moment. Before Shoko "died", Haruto was your usually non-confrontational coward/nice guy. Without her "death" as his push to fight and avenge her, he would have never voluntarily piloted the Valvrave. It took him forever to sign the contract as it was.

On another note, I looked back at the first preview for the second season and realized that while none of the scenes shown were in the season premiere, almost all of the lines spoken were, which kind of kills our first speculations. However, we do have a lot of scenes with only our 5 pilots standing around. What do you think will happen to Marie, Satomi, and Takahi? They are sort of dead weight in the bigger scheme of things. What do you think are their chances of survival.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-12, 17:39   Link #164
Kurohane

^ I noticed the same thing. The only lines left are:
A-Drei: L-elf, Damn you!
Saki: Haruto, save me!

The rest of the lines have been spoken. I thought we'd see some scenes in the first few episodes, but I'm not sure anymore. The commercials had some scenes of the first episode and probably the next few. Most of speculations have been proven wrong, though in hindsight, that was expected since what little info we had to go on. All I have left is whenever Cain appears, say goodbye to Saki.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:45   Link #165
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Unless they have precog among their ranks, anyone who says that Haruto was manipulated and meant to pilot VVVI, they are spouting bullcrap.
Right.

The thought of all those events (Attack on Jior, Shoko "dying") being the master plan to make Haruto pilot the Valvrave is a stretch to say the least.

But the possibility of Dr. Tokishima looking at Haruto as pilot is plausible to me. Things may have not happened the way the doctor wanted them to, but is it out of the question to think that the doctor looked at Haruto as a possible pilot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
On another note, I looked back at the first preview for the second season and realized that while none of the scenes shown were in the season premiere, almost all of the lines spoken were, which kind of kills our first speculations. However, we do have a lot of scenes with only our 5 pilots standing around. What do you think will happen to Marie, Satomi, and Takahi? They are sort of dead weight in the bigger scheme of things. What do you think are their chances of survival.
I'm thinking the mission on Earth goes south and that the 3 of them end up as casualties.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:47   Link #166
Destined_Fate

I agree so much so that it's too convenient. Most likely someone else was planned, Haruto got in because circumstance lead him to believe that Shoko was dead with Saki reinforcing that with her words.

-

Well Saki does meet Cain and she has that Magius flower in the future so...

Saki gets kidnapped, Haruto finally chooses between Shoko and Saki! Finally!

Neither girl should have to wait around forever for him, espcially as Shoko gets shipping teases with L-Elf! And Saki gets... Uh?

Now that isn't fair at all!

Saki needs an alternative of Haruto to make it fair! Quick, who would be the best alternative for Saki to be conflicted in choosing between Haruto and the other?

Cain?

....L-Elf?

..........Shoko?

............Princess?

-

Satome and co. dying because they're the only civies there? That's a lot of death there of the main cast... I'm betting that if the mission goes south it could be Saki getting captured.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:48   Link #167
Fjoergyn

Haruto can actually be a test-tube baby and Dr. Tokishima your donor. We have seen that the origin remains a mystery Haruto. I bet the end plot twist will be something like Haruto some experiment to create a new race.

The scene of the 5 pilots with different colored uniforms, which might have been removed, we know that the colors are combined with valvrave. I can see H9 defecting and seeking information and then go in search of his former teammate L-11.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:50   Link #168
Irenesharda

It's possible. I'm a little afraid for Marie right now. She's had not one, but two scenes in the preview, and in one of those scenes she's getting emotional, plus she's interacting with Akira, which means she's going to have more screen time. All that adds up to the fact that she may be going the way of Aina soon....

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-12, 17:51   Link #169
Destined_Fate

Well Haruto seems like he wasn't really an important child in society, so it is strange that he's childhood friends with the Prime Minister's Daughter. So something in his origin must be important that he was given access to such an important person.

H9 may defect? Eh, he seems to have other plans.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:57   Link #170
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I'm thinking X-Eins shoots Kreimhild as show of loyalty to Cain.
Old 2013-10-12, 17:58   Link #171
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Haruto can actually be a test-tube baby and Dr. Tokishima your donor. We have seen that the origin remains a mystery Haruto. I bet the end plot twist will be something like Haruto some experiment to create a new race.

The scene of the 5 pilots with different colored uniforms, which might have been removed, we know that the colors are combined with valvrave. I can see H9 defecting and seeking information and then go in search of his former teammate L-11.
I don't know, from the way Haruto and Shoko talk, they had pretty normal childhoods, which I'm assuming would mean that Haruto didn't grow up in some lab or something. I'm betting his parents were connected to the government which was how they got on the VVV project and how Haruto's parents knew Shoko's.

I too can see H-9 defecting, if he isn't killed first. Cain being a Magius, he can body-jack at any time. And I can see him taking the form of Kriemhild and then backstabbing H-9. H-9 is too close to a "Dearka clone", in that I think it's only a matter of time before he switches sides. Again, if he isn't killed first. That scene in the preview was a little worrisome.

H-9 and A-3 are the greatest candidates to switch sides or preform outright mutiny altogether. X-1 worships Cain and wouldn't betray him. And Q-4 is just so crazy, I honestly think he would take the side that has the most mayhem. He would probably stay with the Dorssians, even if everyone became a Magius.

Though next week we get some moments with X-1 and Q-4, and they're out of uniform, so we'll see if we get some development with them.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-12, 18:25   Link #172
Fjoergyn

The scene covered in blood H 9, is perhaps a fight with X-Eins. H-9 is surprised by X-Eins, but ends up being killed by Kreimhild
Old 2013-10-17, 21:56   Link #173
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Okay now that we reached episode 15 I'm pretty sure Satomi's death could make so drama. However, now I'm thinking that the director won't go around murdering characters. I mean who are the characters who died so far? Shoko's dad, Moses and Glasses-chan (No idea what are their names...) weren't very important after all.
Old 2013-10-17, 22:33   Link #174
erika4dsl

I think Marie has a high chance of getting killed off especially after we find out why she can't remember her past. Maybe her death could give Akira character growth or like after Akira starts interacting with more people.
Old 2013-10-18, 00:19   Link #175
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
I think Marie has a high chance of getting killed off especially after we find out why she can't remember her past. Maybe her death could give Akira character growth or like after Akira starts interacting with more people.
Nah, if she really is an Anya clone, she just needs to find her Orange-kun...lol

But seriously though, with all the super-powered vampires running around, I'm sure there will be one who can probably restore memories. Then they'll live happily ever after on an orange planta... er, in the third galactic reich.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-18, 01:10   Link #176
Irenesharda

Of anybody so far, Marie has been giving me the most sense of that she's going to die soon. It all depends on these memories that she lost and why she lost them and what they really where. If it was something ordinary, like she repressed them because she was a refugee of war and saw her parents killed or something, than she's going to be goner pretty soon. However, if her memories actually involve the plot, then she'll be around for a bit longer.

I also thought Satomi too, but with this episode, his chance for death has slimmed considerably. They just reconciled his relationship with his sister, gave him a bit of a backbone, and a unique talent that no one else has. He's not going anywhere for quite a bit.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-18, 06:36   Link #177
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

it seems that Marie is the first regular human from Neo JIOR to know of the VVV curse aside from Kibukawa.
What now Eru Erufu?
Old 2013-10-18, 08:28   Link #178
NeutralZero

It'll be bad if Shouko learns about this...
will L11 silence Marie kinda like what Rolo did to that girl we forgot the name in Code Geas?
Or will she be Haruto's secret keeper...
Any case doubt there will be any loss for the time being... untill the enemy deploy the so called children of the Valvrave that is...
Either Marie will have the next major death flag or one of the Valvrave pilots... like Raizo and such...
Old 2013-10-18, 08:40   Link #179
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
It'll be bad if Shouko learns about this...
will L11 silence Marie kinda like what Rolo did to that girl we forgot the name in Code Geas?
Or will she be Haruto's secret keeper...
Any case doubt there will be any loss for the time being... untill the enemy deploy the so called children of the Valvrave that is...
Either Marie will have the next major death flag or one of the Valvrave pilots... like Raizo and such...

I treat her more as a ticket for Shoko to learn the truth. I get a feeling that Marie is from Dorssia since there must be a connection. . .? Hell, why'd fate include her on the trip and lead her to the enemy's territory? Unless her parents were traitors and in cahoots with the people behind the VVV project. Her memories could have been erased or locked away deep inside her subconscious mind intentionally by a particular organization to protect important and highly classified information.
Old 2013-10-18, 12:31   Link #180
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
I treat her more as a ticket for Shoko to learn the truth. I get a feeling that Marie is from Dorssia since there must be a connection. . .? Hell, why'd fate include her on the trip and lead her to the enemy's territory? Unless her parents were traitors and in cahoots with the people behind the VVV project. Her memories could have been erased or locked away deep inside her subconscious mind intentionally by a particular organization to protect important and highly classified information.
A spy from Magius perhaps? They will probably unlock her memory during the right time to betray Haruto and the others, and L-elf will shoot and killed her.