Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2017-09-12, 15:55   Link #141
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I was like "Wait, since when does he know how to do that?"

Though I thought Boruto had a point about the Ninja tech. If it's just a tool like any other, why disqualify Boruto? If it's in own class, and not to be used in controlled bouts, then Naruto cheated.
The exam was about more than just how many jutsus they could use. It was about showing leadership skills. It was about showing how you could lead under certain circumstances. Use of the tool during the exam wouldn't actually let the candidates show their true abilities which is detrimental to the exam's purpose. It's different with tools like Shurikens and Kunais which still take a lot of practice to make them useful in battle but that tool Boruto used places abilities that don't require any training to use. It was banned from the exam for a reason, Boruto ignored that which is why he got disqualified. Doesn't mean that tools cant be used period.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2017-09-12 at 16:06.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 16:06   Link #142
GDB

Quote:
I was like "Wait, since when does he know how to do that?"

Though I thought Boruto had a point about the Ninja tech. If it's just a tool like any other, why disqualify Boruto? If it's in own class, and not to be used in controlled bouts, then Naruto cheated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaten View Post
Gotta love Naruto's sincerity... which he has none
Oh yeah, disqualify and embarrass your son for using tech, yet when he does it it's ok..
Boruto used it in a competition to determine if he'd rank up, against other competitors looking to rank up, with the direct purpose of increasing his odds of doing so. Naruto used it in a friendly duel to test how well it worked for practical field use that might save lives.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 16:21   Link #143
cyberdemon

Think of it like this. Would you rather have someone who in an ambush, seperated from all their tools, could use their wits and their own abilities to survive against otherwise impossible and uncertain odds? Or would you rather someone who can't do anything because they don't have their machinegun on hand?
Old 2017-09-12, 16:28   Link #144
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd have been fine with Naruto warning Boruto beforehand that Ninja tech was allowed in this particular fight. However, as the adult fighting a kid, what need did he have to add a surprise weapon, too?

And don't tell me the "testing" was better with the surprise. Because if the weapon's any good, the majority of their opponents will expect them to have it, and maybe use it themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The exam was about more than just how many jutsus they could use. It was about showing leadership skills. It was about showing how you could lead under certain circumstances. Use of the tool during the exam wouldn't actually let the candidates show their true abilities which is detrimental to the exam's purpose. It's different with tools like Shurikens and Kunais which still take a lot of practice to make them useful in battle but that tool Boruto used places abilities that don't require any training to use. It was banned from the exam for a reason, Boruto ignored that which is why he got disqualified. Doesn't mean that tools cant be used period.
Very little of that has to do with "leadership". And lots of guys have non-standard weapons. If anything, Ninja tech, if made available to everyone, is more of an equalizer than, say, Shino's insects - the winners are the ones who best learned how to use it, rather than the ones who happened to be born in the right families.

I'm completely OK with the decision to disallow something so new for the exam, and to disqualify those who get caught using it. I'm less OK with Naruto secretly changing the rules so he can beat his son.

Quote:
Think of it like this. Would you rather have someone who in an ambush, seperated from all their tools, could use their wits and their own abilities to survive against otherwise impossible and uncertain odds? Or would you rather someone who can't do anything because they don't have their machinegun on hand?
It wasn't hand-to-hand combat. Not only do they almost all use various tools, like I said, there's not that much standardization. And if I'm going to war, I'd rather be with the guys who know how to use machine-guns, than the ones who only know how to use longbows, even if longbows are harder to master. Why? Well, have you seen a lot of longbowmen on modern battlefields? There's a reason for that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 16:37   Link #145
cyberdemon

Quote:
I'd have been fine with Naruto warning Boruto beforehand that Ninja tech was allowed in this particular fight. However, as the adult fighting a kid, what need did he have to add a surprise weapon, too?

And don't tell me the "testing" was better with the surprise. Because if the weapon's any good, the majority of their opponents will expect them to have it, and maybe use it themselves.

Very little of that has to do with "leadership". And lots of guys have non-standard weapons. If anything, Ninja tech, if made available to everyone, is more of an equalizer than, say, Shino's insects - the winners are the ones who best learned how to use it, rather than the ones who happened to be born in the right families.

I'm completely OK with the decision to disallow something so new for the exam, and to disqualify those who get caught using it. I'm less OK with Naruto secretly changing the rules so he can beat his son.

It wasn't hand-to-hand combat. Not only do they almost all use various tools, like I said, there's not that much standardization. And if I'm going to war, I'd rather be with the guys who know how to use machine-guns, than the ones who only know how to use longbows, even if longbows are harder to master. Why? Well, have you seen a lot of longbowmen on modern battlefields? There's a reason for that.
There is a big difference between having tools like kunai and Shurikens and having ninja tools like the one Boruto used. Kunai and Shurikens don't add that great of an advantage and also require training to use properly. Even non-standard ninja tools like Kankuro's puppets require an extensive amount of training and skill to use. The tool Boruto used doesn't require training. You could basically buy strong jutsus to give an advantage there is very little effort needed. a line needed to be drawn between weapons require skill and weapons requiring very little skill and practice for the exam.
Old 2017-09-12, 16:52   Link #146
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
There is a big difference between having tools like kunai and Shurikens and having ninja tools like the one Boruto used. Kunai and Shurikens don't add that great of an advantage and also require training to use properly. Even non-standard ninja tools like Kankuro's puppets require an extensive amount of training and skill to use. The tool Boruto used doesn't require training. You could basically buy strong jutsus to give an advantage there is very little effort needed. a line needed to be drawn between weapons require skill and weapons requiring very little skill and practice for the exam.
First, you'd still need training to be the best at using whatever tool that others are also using. Second, a weapon needing less training isn't a point against it. If ninja tech's so great, then it's tomorrow's weapon. Use it or lose every fight you're ever in.
Old 2017-09-12, 21:03   Link #147
GDB

Quote:
If you think Boruto had even an iota of a chance against Naruto regardless of what rules were in place, you're delusional. Naruto using ninja tech made absolutely no difference.

You're also still ignoring the entire point behind why they used their tools, and when, which is an important distinction.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 01:08   Link #148
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If you think Boruto had even an iota of a chance against Naruto regardless of what rules were in place, you're delusional.
I don't, which is why I see no point to the surprise.

Quote:
Naruto using ninja tech made absolutely no difference.
It deprived his son of a fair fight. He'd have lost anyway, but that's still a difference.

Quote:
You're also still ignoring the entire point behind why they used their tools, and when, which is an important distinction.
And again, saying he wanted to "test" it is a bad excuse. Naruto, one of the strongest ninjas in the world, using ninja tech to dominate an entry level genin proves nothing. It proves even less when the genin had no inkling he'd be fighting ninja tech.

At best he wanted to tweak his son's nose. Mission accomplished, I guess. But Boruto has a right to be disappointed about the bait and switch.
Old 2017-09-13, 09:29   Link #149
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Every ones upset about adult Naruto using the same methods he scolded Boruto for causing him to look like a hypacrit, me I'm mixed on this. In my opinion it depends on the situation they are in to use it, I know Boruto wouldn't have won in a fair fight any ways but it'd have been better to see adult Naruto go all out against his son to show him how powerful he is to him and it would allow adult Naruto to see how much stronger Boruto has gotten since meh.

I'm more interested in the new enimes. Looks like Boruto's leader will get to have the first match maybe agsinst these guy's, which doesn't look good for him. Normally when they are trying to show case new enimes that means they need to show how strong they are not weak or that'd make the fandom think " Wow, really?" I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 15:31   Link #150
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Every ones upset about adult Naruto using the same methods he scolded Boruto for causing him to look like a hypacrit, me I'm mixed on this. In my opinion it depends on the situation they are in to use it, I know Boruto wouldn't have won in a fair fight any ways but it'd have been better to see adult Naruto go all out against his son to show him how powerful he is to him and it would allow adult Naruto to see how much stronger Boruto has gotten since meh.

I'm more interested in the new enimes. Looks like Boruto's leader will get to have the first match maybe agsinst these guy's, which doesn't look good for him. Normally when they are trying to show case new enimes that means they need to show how strong they are not weak or that'd make the fandom think " Wow, really?" I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Naruto scolded Boruto for using it during the exam which was deemed forbidden because it ran counter to the purpose of the Chuunin exam. That doesn't mean Naruto is against ninja tools. This wasn't during the exam and nothing was at stake. It was a battle to test the uses of a new machine. Boruto was simply the best opponent to try it on because he knew many different chakra natures and would be willing to go all out against Naruto.
Old 2017-09-26, 18:17   Link #151
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Looks like volume 4 will be released in November
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 23:21   Link #152
Random14

Wait, Ao actually survived the Ten-tails' attack?! That's a shock (did he lose that Byagukan too?). Wonder if it was just a coincidence or due to his connection to the new threat (and we can probably guess who brainwashed Katasuke, who is a bit less annoying now). I do wish they would stop talking up the current threat, the original manga concluded with Kaguya, hearing about more Otsutsuki-level threats kind of weakens the original's plot a bit.

At least Sasuke hasn't kept Boruto's seal a secret from Naruto (I hate it when grown up characters are too secretive). And nice to get a reference to the current anime arc.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-17, 11:21   Link #153
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Honestly, I had completely forgotten what happened to Ao. Good that he survived I guess, or maybe not if he's truly one of the villains.

I liked the reference to the anime.
Old 2017-10-17, 13:55   Link #154
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd forgotten Ao, period...
Old 2017-10-18, 18:34   Link #155
bakato

Ao looks like he's up for redemption. Maybe he's suffering from survivor's guilt.

Last edited by bakato; 2017-10-19 at 19:17.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 05:16   Link #156
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
What Adult Naruto trying is completely irony to his youth effort : which overcome struggle by effort and loudly claimed that was my shinobi way.
Now him encourage people to go easy way with tech than die hard training that him and his predecessors did.
Quote:
I'd forgotten Ao, period...
Not just you, everyone does...
I give credit for them to reuse Ao, this making him badass somehow. A lot badass than Shizuma that for sure
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 10:38   Link #157
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

EDIT: Just found this interview about Kishimoto and Ikemoto.

http://www.spirallingsphere.com/2016...rview-english/

Couldn't find anything about Kodachi

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2017-10-31 at 12:02.
Old 2017-11-15, 18:06   Link #158
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Oh yeah, Kodachi was the main writer of the Boruto movie but I guess everybody knows.

Also there have been some leaks about this month's chapter and if they are true

Spoiler for rumor:
Old 2017-11-16, 19:00   Link #159
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Confirmed
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2017-11-16, 19:05   Link #160
bones

Quote: