AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-01-21, 01:28   Link #1821
Xagzan

If I was KD, no way in hell would I want Lebron on my team. He's already trying to break out of the guy's shadow, an impossible feat if Lebron comes to OKC. Plus, Lebron's already beaten him in the finals. If I'm KD, I want the chance for payback.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 05:52   Link #1822
sky black swordman

^ I completely agree with you. And @BPD Renegade too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
he might returns to Cavalier since that is his home town. i would rather
see him return there though; he looks pretty good in that Cavalier jersey anyways.
if he return there, Lebron + Deng + Irvine will probably do some crazy damage. heck,
that's a good chance for championship right there with those 3.
But would the city of Cleveland welcome Lebron James back?
Old 2014-01-21, 09:44   Link #1823
Xagzan

I think at this point, Cleveland is totally tsundere about it. They may angrily deny they do...but they're lying

Also, on an unrelated note, this:

Old 2014-01-21, 22:31   Link #1824
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I don't think OKC has the salary cap to get LeBron. They had to let go of Harden because Durant and Westbrook were already on max contracts. They don't have room to offer a 3rd max contract.

A cursory glance at http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm suggests that the teams that can afford to sign LeBron are:

1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Caveliers
4. Magic
5. Jazz
6. Suns
7. 76ers

The other teams will have to shed some players.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 01:12   Link #1825
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What's the chance Lebron James go to OKC next year? Recent instagram to D Wade seems to suggest he might not be with Miami next year.
I think people are blowing that thing way out of proportion. But I believe the chances of LBJ going to OCK are about -50%.

Only team on that list that frivolity posted that has even a semblance of a chance to sign James to me is the Lakers, and I highly doubt he has any interest in joining the Jimmy BUST circus being run right now with Pringles puppet as head coach.
Old 2014-01-31, 19:53   Link #1826
Xagzan

Well, we get a new commissioner tomorrow. 30 years for David Stern. Long, long time. Got to respect what he's done, love him or hate him.

Also Melo scored 62 points last week. Just thought it worth mentioning
Old 2014-02-04, 01:57   Link #1827
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I think at this point, Cleveland is totally tsundere about it. They may angrily deny they do...but they're lying

Also, on an unrelated note, this:

That. Hah, haven't seen Shaq in awhile. When was that?

As for Cleveland being 'tsundere,' sooo glad I'm in an anime forum, just for comments like this.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 10:30   Link #1828
Xagzan

Looks like it was from Jan. 16. Here's the full segment. These guys crack me up. I try to watch them every week if possible, even if I don't care about the game playing

I've only been watching them for a few months now, but my favorite bits aside from this are the race they did with Chris Weber, and also the "Leroy Jetson" episode XD
Old 2014-02-05, 19:36   Link #1829
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Also Melo scored 62 points last week. Just thought it worth mentioning
i kind of ran into this article regarding Melo going free agent. while he did score a crazy numbers on that game, he didn't have a single assist.
meaning, while he's going to be really good scorer, his teammates gonna suck. i wonder which team gonna pick up Melo-kun. *cheer*
Quote:
But there's a deeper lesson to be learned from these statistics, and Anthony's recent record-setting performance against the Charlotte Bobcats helps illustrate the point. On January 24, Melo lit up the floor for 62 points and 13 rebounds in a blowout 125-96 win. The more telling number? Zero assists. Not once during this dismantling of the Bobcats did Melo find a teammate for a jumper or an easy layup.

There's a difference between being an elite player and being an elite scorer. The truly great players, the ones who you want to hitch your championship hopes to, will make others around them better. Melo has never shown an ability to do that.
Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carmelo...0665--nba.html
Old 2014-02-06, 11:53   Link #1830
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

The Lakers literally ran out of players and still held on to beat the Cavaliers by 11
Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...1801--nba.html
Quote:
Heading into Wednesday's matchup with the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Los Angeles Lakers had only eight heathy players. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol will be out for a couple more weeks. Steve Nash was a scheduled scratch for the second game of a back-to-back after his Tuesday return in a loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves that saw Mike D'Antoni lose swingman Jodie Meeks to a sprained right ankle and big man Jordan Hill to a neck strain. One of the few healthy Laker wings, Manny Harris, was cut Tuesday after coming to the end of his second 10-day contract, with the team electing not to sign him for the duration of the season.

Luckily for L.A., they were playing the Cavs.

Mike Brown's moribund team promptly allowed the short-handed Lakers to shoot 71.4 percent from the floor and build a 19-point lead by the end of the first quarter. L.A. would extend the lead to 29 points with just under 8 1/2 minutes left before halftime, scoring a season-high 70 points to lead Cleveland by 21 at intermission thanks to white-hot shooting from Jordan Farmar (19 first-half points, 5 for 6 from 3-point land) and Wesley Johnson (15 on 6 for 8 shooting, including 3 for 3 from deep).

Shortly thereafter, though, things started to get dicey.

Losing Nick Young to a knee injury meant there were only seven healthy Lakers, the five on the floor plus two substitutes. That leaves a lot of room on the bench.
Lakers amazing bench:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
comments: oh boy, i wonder how long they're going to last at this rate.
Old 2014-02-06, 12:58   Link #1831
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

You know your team is fucking up when a depleted Lakers team is kicking your ass

also...

Chris Kaman layed down on the Lakers bench...and got pinned by the Undertaker.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 23:54   Link #1832
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Looks like it was from Jan. 16. Here's the full segment. These guys crack me up. I try to watch them every week if possible, even if I don't care about the game playing

I've only been watching them for a few months now, but my favorite bits aside from this are the race they did with Chris Weber, and also the "Leroy Jetson" episode XD
Xagzan, you got me on a youtube binge. Those Shaqtin' the Fool segments are hilarious.

Didn't realize the Lakers situation was that bad. Hypothetically, what would happen if the roster falls to five or less?
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 01:10   Link #1833
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Sixers vs Clippers 2-09-2014
comments: welcome back to Chris Paul. his first game and they completely dominate the
sixers crazily. @ about half way of the 3rd quarter and Clippers were 87 pts. while
Sixers only have 33 pts. game ended with Clippers 123 pts. and Sixers 78 pts.

it's always fun watching the Clippers run the show. ^^

recap
http://www.nba.com/video/games/clipp...-lac-recap.nba
Old 2014-02-23, 04:47   Link #1834
Westlo
Lets be reality

Once again the King rules and the servant comes up short.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 00:03   Link #1835
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

KD should play Lebron's butler in Space Jam 2.
Old 2014-03-04, 14:15   Link #1836
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

LeGod scored 61 on 66% shooting last night.

>KD
>MVP

Choose one.
Old 2014-03-07, 12:16   Link #1837
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

The Clippers hand the Lakers the worst loss in franchise history: A profile in struggle
Quote:
The Clippers destroyed the Lakers on Thursday by a score of 142-94. This wasn't just worse than the 39-point spanking the Clips laid on the Lakers back in January, and it wasn't just worse than the beating the Clips handed the Philadelphia 76ers last month. This was a 48-point annihilation that stands alone as the largest margin of victory in the history of the Clippers franchise, going all the way back to the Buffalo Braves days.
Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...071139218.html
---Mitch Kupchak. Is Not Happy.---
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
D'Antoni: "They smelled blood in the water and they killed us."
Kobe: "Misery = Motivation"
^
comments: kobe is very motivated now!
Old 2014-03-07, 13:59   Link #1838
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

holy crap o_o I'm so used to knowing the Clippers as one of the shittiest teams in the NBA...I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

also...LeBron puts up 60 against a shitty team, then gets shut down to 19 by the Spurs and complains that it's the jersey when they lose
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 14:24   Link #1839
Xagzan

Like Charles Barkley says, Kobe Bryant's rollin' over in his grave.
Old 2014-03-07, 15:27   Link #1840
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
holy crap o_o I'm so used to knowing the Clippers as one of the shittiest teams in the NBA...I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

also...LeBron puts up 60 against a shitty team, then gets shut down to 19 by the Spurs and complains that it's the jersey when they lose
The Bobcats aren't a shitty team this year, they're ranked in the top 5 in defense this year. And sleeved jerseys do affect your jumper, if you've ever played before you'd know this. They hardly shut him down, he was missing all his jump shots.

But hey, who lets inconvenient things like facts stand in the way of their opinion amiright?