AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Old 2006-01-27, 19:39   Link #1
tk750

School Rumble Fanfiction discussion

We have to start more SR threads here you guys. Whatever happened to Biles? Is he still alive? Did he finish his story?
tk750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 20:06   Link #2
andresh142

lol, john biles is still alive and writing his fanfic. he has been posting updates on WF. he also has his own webpage with his fanfic on it, however, the one on WF is more up to date.

edit: heres the link to johns webpage with the fanfic, WF forums has the lastest chapter. http://www.thekeep.org/~wombat/Stori...ble/index.html

Last edited by andresh142; 2006-01-27 at 23:30.
andresh142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 09:47   Link #3
Aj_5108

best fanfic for school rumble ive seen is -
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2990173/1/

although the title and description gives absoloutly no clue to what its about its the best ive found anywhere updates arnt too fast but that might change if it gets some more well deserved attention

i'd read the No Title fic well whats their anyway, its chaotic mass relationships and ninjas, pirates, thug wars and samurais.
Aj_5108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 23:50   Link #4
-Breakthrough-

^ Gotta agree, one of the best fanfics I've read so far.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 11:06   Link #5
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well here's a guy that made us start our own fan fic in WF forums. It's called Wannabe Rumble. http://wrumble.blogspot.com/2006/12/mik.html
Old 2007-05-30, 01:42   Link #6
KittiKat16
Meww =3

Send a message via MSN to KittiKat16
Hardly any people update in the school rumble section in fanfiction.net these days -_-' what a shame..
KittiKat16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 22:04   Link #7
traumatize

i wish there was more different ending

Well we all know SR series has been finalized thanx to the school rumble Z final chapter. The final manga chapter was good it shows how Tenma and Harima having the person most of the fans of SR wish they would have (tenma = karasuma & Harima = eri). However, i have a different opinion, why would they not consider Harima ending with Yakumo?
traumatize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 09:18   Link #8
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumatize View Post
why would they not consider Harima ending with Yakumo?
Simple.. 283+ chapters.. calculated with everything both Eri and Yakumo have done Harima-related

and Yakumo ends up not having enough time to develop what ever feelings she had for Harima.

She could have easily been considered ending with Harima, but the ending was semi-open with the belief that Harima ended with Eri. But for it to be canon would be to drain the massive amount of juice filled by Eri and make it all irrelevant. The reason people love Eri and Harima was because of the continuity of the relationship that started with them under an umbrella.

Also.. romance scenes between Eri and Harima were provided at quite a variety.. with out the need for fan made art which added more appeal to fans.

To me, Yakumo was a good character and the most popular character in School Rumble (despite not being in tons of chapters like Harima and Eri) and the second best choice for pairing with Harima.

But Eri was far superior in Character development and romance (again because she was given more of it than Yakumo)
Gambino009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 01:23   Link #9
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well seeing that it's KJ's fault not giving Yakumo the needed air time.

Also when I first saw the manga of SR I saw on the 2nd page Harima, Karasuma, Tenma and Yakumo.

And I thought at first since Tenma was in love with Karasuma they'd end up together while knowing Yakumo is the younger sister and is with the picture I thought Harima might end up with Yakumo.
Old 2009-08-12, 04:36   Link #10
Gambino009
Phantom

To be honest.. when I first got into SR, I was under the impression that the big THING was HarimaxTenma

I was completely neutral with all other pairings because at the time it was really early and I only got into the comedy aspect of the manga.

Besides, I Thought the whole HarimaxTenma was a big Joke.. because Harima seemed a lot older but when I found out he was also a highschool, I was like ahhh ok. So he might have a chance

as it went on.. I jump from Yakumo to Eri and Tae, and by the time it hit the Kyoto arc... I permanently stayed with Eri.

To me.. Yakumo seemed restricted.. she was stuck in her house cooking.. not available during school unless she had to take something to Tenma. And then the only times she was around was during house meetings in Tenma's house (which didn't have Harima most of the time), when they were on vacation from school, and when ever Harima summoned her for manga assistance.

my only regret is.. she wasn't around during the beach chapters..

ah well... my SarahxYakumo is still canon
Old 2009-08-12, 05:44   Link #11
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

And I thought at first since Tenma was in love with Karasuma they'd end up together while knowing Yakumo is the younger sister and is with the picture I thought Harima might end up with Yakumo.
didnt you know..?

kenji harima was supposed to be a class 1D.....
remember, Kenji was a class repeater....

if the scene which kenji saved tenma from a bad guy didnt happen...

kenji would become a class 1D and become yakumo's classmate.....

kenji begged the principal to make him a class 2C because of Tenma....

the threads of fate....
started from tenma..... harima saving tenma... from a bad guy.....

if this fate didnt happen...
harima would become yakumo's classmate.....
Old 2009-08-12, 08:05   Link #12
Gambino009
Phantom

Unfortunately there are a few flaws there that go according with Harima's personality

1. he only went back to school for the one and only chance to be in the same class as Tenma.
2. he wasn't gonna sit in a class with out Tenma since he wasn't interested in class and it'd be a waste of his time otherwise.

3. assuming he had stayed with his unfortunate year loss, there were more than one 1st year classes and Harima wasn't on the second year list, and his name was never shown in which 1st year class he was assigned to. So the odds of him being in Yakumo's class would have been divided rather than being thrown directly into Yakumo's class.

4. In the end.. Tenma ended up screwing Yakumo's chances both in school and in competition with Eri.

Actually.. Tenma kinda screwed everyone.. since with out her there wouldn't be no Harima talking with Suou, Mikoto, or Eri. But the one who benefited the most from Harima's arrival was Eri, which allowed her to use the same excuse Harima uses to get closer to Tenma being classmates.

Any other potential romance.. lacked closure and there for couldn't progress deeper with Harima.

Yakumo had it really rough from the start... being Tenma's sister, having to clean cook and work part time. Not being able to freely communicate in class.. and being left out of pretty much everything the 2C girls did. But for those few moments she had.. she was very effective, and yet.. Harima still treated her like Imouto-san, and she couldn't even attempt anything because she was loyal to Harima's feelings for Tenma. On the other side she was loyal to Tenma's feelings for Karasuma.. and Karasuma's feelings for Tenma, which left her squeezed in the middle. Feeling sorry for Harima.. her only option was to root for the equally stubborn Eri.

And that's pretty much it. I wish there would have been another competitive straight forward girl.. in the form of another classmate. Yes.. then the Battle for Harima would have truly been intense, something that wouldn't have gone unnoticed even to Harima lol
Old 2009-08-12, 22:50   Link #13
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post

3. assuming he had stayed with his unfortunate year loss, there were more than one 1st year classes and Harima wasn't on the second year list, and his name was never shown in which 1st year class he was assigned to. So the odds of him being in Yakumo's class would have been divided rather than being thrown directly into Yakumo's class.
actually...

harima was really assigned at 1st year 1D... which is yakumo's class

although this information was only shown in the anime not in the manga...

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2009-08-13 at 00:18.
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 02:07   Link #14
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
actually...

harima was really assigned at 1st year 1D... which is yakumo's class

although this information was only shown in the anime not in the manga...
Really??!!

please take a screen cap or some one who can, I seriously need to pay more attention.
Old 2009-08-13, 05:24   Link #15
yakumo-chan

you should check season1 episode 1
Old 2009-08-13, 09:46   Link #16
Gambino009
Phantom

Which is why I'm asking some one to take a screen cap... since I didn't see anything there.

Basically all I saw was Harima meditation.. getting interrupted by Yoshimidaya.. kicking Yoshi's ass, going through all the second year list.. not finding his name, and then having the principal asking him what's he doing searching in the second year list. He was held back, Harima's like.. Ooh, then slips away while everyone rushes back.

Next time we see Harima in that episode.. he's chilling in Nara's sit.. giving off his bad aura, and a short flash back of him begging the principal.. oh please oh please oh please. And that's the end of class schedules

I was hoping to catch something but I didn't
Old 2009-08-13, 12:06   Link #17
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
When I get the chance I'll take a crappy screenshot.

Also the flaw on Harima's personality is his strength also. Being a one woman man is a hard thing, most especially in anime. Since MANY anime males tend to go for another girl, yet Harima seeing him until the BITTER end still he's tunnel of vision is Tenma.

Though in the SRZ spin off, we get to see Max's "VISION" of a possible ErixHarima end(possible to satisfy Flag faction fans), but still rest the case that Harima still admires Tenma since he still loves her.

Harima - "The girl we fell in love with." So sweet yet so bitter...
Old 2009-08-13, 20:03   Link #18
yakumo-chan

uhh....

i think im not sure but...

but i really remember something that he was supposed to be in 1D....

i just forgot....

maybe my memory is tricking me..

and i also found a forum talking about harima is supposed to be in 1D....
Old 2009-08-14, 00:17   Link #19
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

watch 5:10
Old 2009-08-14, 00:34   Link #20
Woopzilla
Desensitized

The only mention of a D class is 2D... and that's referring to Harry McKenzie isn't it?