AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 26 13.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 27.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 61 32.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 34 17.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-13, 17:17   Link #41
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAsuradaGundam View Post
Well if I remember correctly, Gundam shows usually have a higher budget to work with compared to most shows from Sunrise, however knowing that the show is going to be split into two season, Seiji should have greater flexibility on the budget for this season, so hopefully the quality is very consistent with the first two episodes...and yeah I notice no drop in animation quality.
Split in two, does it mean this is extra long or they gonna have 2 different stories?
Old 2007-10-13, 17:17   Link #42
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Man, that was made of complete win. I can't wait to see the better quality subs, but either way.. amazing episode. This series is turning out to be just so great.

I'm loving the designs even more of the "grunts" and such. It's nice to not see Zakus. >.>
Old 2007-10-13, 17:44   Link #43
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazamachi Shogen View Post
Split in two, does it mean this is extra long or they gonna have 2 different stories?
No its just gonna be like geass, half of the story now the rest later.
________
Online Xxx Movies

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:16.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 17:57   Link #44
neoeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
No its just gonna be like geass, half of the story now the rest later.
WTF,NO.Damn geass, i hate it when they do that ,it kills the excitement.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 18:00   Link #45
Siege

sry i'm still relative new to 00 as only just watched the firsat but did anyone get the feeling the celestial being remind anyone of the thunderbirds (perhaps just the british will no what i mean)
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 18:03   Link #46
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wang Liu Mei is as hot as ever.

Anyways, I hate it how everyone's always after the Gundams because they want their technology. I'm worried when one of the 3 armies obtains the Gundam technology.
Seems to be the theme in most shows.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 18:05   Link #47
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Wang Liu Mei is as hot as ever.

I hate it how everyone's always after the Gundams because they want their technology.
Seems to be the theme is most shows.
darn world, they're always after celestial being's lucky charms....
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 18:10   Link #48
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAsuradaGundam View Post
Well if I remember correctly, Gundam shows usually have a higher budget to work with compared to most shows from Sunrise, however knowing that the show is going to be split into two season, Seiji should have greater flexibility on the budget for this season, so hopefully the quality is very consistent with the first two episodes...and yeah I notice no drop in animation quality.
Not all Gundam shows have a higher budget *cough*V Gundam*cough* ;p

Anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoeagle View Post
WTF,NO.Damn geass, i hate it when they do that ,it kills the excitement.
Indeed, waiting three months for two episodes just to see a Kira/Athrun face off with a possible Lalah element thrown into it cliffhanger is just... lame
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 18:16   Link #49
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
sry i'm still relative new to 00 as only just watched the firsat but did anyone get the feeling the celestial being remind anyone of the thunderbirds (perhaps just the british will no what i mean)
I don't recall any thunderbirds ep where they declared war on everyone......
________
M F L B

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:16.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 18:17   Link #50
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Though... that does give the company a longer period to sell merchandises... so as a commerce student I think it's actually a pretty smart idea.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 18:21   Link #51
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

yup, more time to roll out products. The advantage of 1 series instead of 2 is that they don't need to risk the squel being shitty, like seed destiny (sadly seed is slightly better).
Old 2007-10-13, 19:30   Link #52
cf18
Mecha Pilot

You know the 'dead guy' looks really like Lenin, right? To me it smells like a jab at the way dead but popular leader keep being used by their successors, like Lenin and Mao who's body were embalmed and put in public display against their wish.

The political map at the beginning is very interesting - the white areas that are not part of the 3 powers in particular. Union cover the whole North and South America, Japan, and Australia, but it looks like half of Cuba is not part of it. Well I guess this is where a good HD capture is really useful. The Russia part is also strange - Much of western Russia including Moscow is part of AEU, while the eastern Russia belongs to Human Reform League.

Major white areas includes Africa, Middle East and Philippines. But one of the elevator, presumablely belongs to AEU since they are the closest one, is right in the middle of Africa.

I wonder how much the director will try to cover and how much modern political buttons they want to push. The show may end up being banned in a number of countries, but I am sure Bandai would love that kind of press coverage.

Last edited by cf18; 2007-10-13 at 19:59. Reason: Read the map more carefully.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 19:32   Link #53
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I forgot to mention this in my previous post, finally we have a grunt that could actually aim. Not only that it was able to hit a Gundam! And I think it was mentioned before, why is Japan part of Union and not part of HRL?
Old 2007-10-13, 19:34   Link #54
zalem

Yeah, I noticed that about Japan too. Very weird. O_O
Old 2007-10-13, 19:36   Link #55
Hydex

Found this one better than the first. I just can't get over their name, Celestial Being. Add it to Hallelujah Baptism, and they should just have called themselves "God"
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 19:57   Link #56
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
I forgot to mention this in my previous post, finally we have a grunt that could actually aim. Not only that it was able to hit a Gundam! And I think it was mentioned before, why is Japan part of Union and not part of HRL?
That doesn't seem all that odd to me.

The Chinese government doesn't really like the Japanese government, after WWII(you know, the whole Japanese did not apologize or recognized what they did in China during the war still make news in China...). They still work with them, of course, since they like money but...

Also, if you look at political structure I think Japan would work better with USA than with China and Russia.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 20:05   Link #57
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
That doesn't seem all that odd to me.

The Chinese government doesn't really like the Japanese government, after WWII(you know, the whole Japanese did not apologize or recognized what they did in China during the war still make news in China...). They still work with them, of course, since they like money but...

Also, if you look at political structure I think Japan would work better with USA than with China and Russia.
It is not just about Chinese and Japanese politics, but also don't forget USA sorta bombed Japan in WWII and built several naval bases in Japan. So there is a strong US prescence in Japan.

The whole Retinal scan bit was almost like saying to previous Gundam series...
NO MORE GUNDAM STEALING OMFUXORS!
Old 2007-10-13, 20:20   Link #58
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Because the HRL is a stand-in for China in this show and the people behind the show probably'd think there would be a negative viewer reaction if Japan was under China's thumb.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 20:25   Link #59
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
The Chinese government doesn't really like the Japanese government, after WWII(you know, the whole Japanese did not apologize or recognized what they did in China during the war still make news in China...). .
The show occurs 300 years in the future. Anything between those two countries would have been washed away. Just as a point of reference, 300 years ago both countries could be described as still existing under a feudal system. 300 years from now what occured decades ago would have hardly mattered.

Quote:
How would India fit in with Russia and China's political system again? Last I looked they were a democracy.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 20:45   Link #60
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
The show occurs 300 years in the future. Anything between those two countries would have been washed away. Just as a point of reference, 300 years ago both countries could be described as still existing under a feudal system. 300 years from now what occured decades ago would have hardly mattered.

How would India fit in with Russia and China's political system again? Last I looked they were a democracy.
This is all very true (except Russia being a democracy maybe), but Sunrise don't want to sell their merchandising stuff 300 years in the future, but now.