AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-20, 12:45   Link #2061
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

@PzIVf3:
Unless you have a source, I don't thing you should post stuff like this.
It sounds like utter nonsense btw.

There is a lot of misunderstanding and nonsense about GSD on the internet because of few people who started stupid rumors a in the past.
Old 2011-09-21, 04:38   Link #2062
sweet-d

Gundam Seed destiny is Star Wars like The Phantom Menace or Transformers Revenge of The Fallen.
sweet-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 05:24   Link #2063
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
@PzIVf3:
Unless you have a source, I don't thing you should post stuff like this.
It sounds like utter nonsense btw.

There is a lot of misunderstanding and nonsense about GSD on the internet because of few people who started stupid rumors a in the past.
Exactly, saying the word "This is only rumor" doesn't mean you can say whatever you want.

While it's certainly true that Suzumura has disapproved of what happened to Shinn, this seems to have been more about his portrayal in the last few episodes.

The reason that Shinn was treated so badly was most likely because of Kira's massive popularity in Japan. While Shinn was well liked, Kira is one of the most beloved Gundam characters of all time. Fukuda most likely made the choice to increase Kira's screentime because of that.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 07:56   Link #2064
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Exactly, saying the word "This is only rumor" doesn't mean you can say whatever you want.

While it's certainly true that Suzumura has disapproved of what happened to Shinn, this seems to have been more about his portrayal in the last few episodes.

The reason that Shinn was treated so badly was most likely because of Kira's massive popularity in Japan. While Shinn was well liked, Kira is one of the most beloved Gundam characters of all time. Fukuda most likely made the choice to increase Kira's screentime because of that.
This is what I've been mentioning all the time.

He's Gundam's version of John Cena. Is it impossible for him to turn heel?

Finally, this phenomenon is nothing new (Fonzie, Urkel, etc.).

I don't know what was Fukuda's original plans for Shinn.
Old 2011-09-24, 18:20   Link #2065
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post

I don't know what was Fukuda's original plans for Shinn.

Spoiler for Its highly possible good or bad ending:

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2011-09-24 at 18:36.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 22:19   Link #2066
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for Its highly possible good or bad ending:
That's the ending I would've liked to see, if the Kira fanbase didn't get their way. Either Cena Kira or CM Punk Shinn would've won the rubber match, though barely, as both Gundams would be heavily damaged.

Instead, Punk Shinn got fed to Triple H Athrun and his sledgehammer Infinite Justice.
Old 2011-09-24, 23:07   Link #2067
winter45

Yes that would of been more epic but instead we got a one sided showdown.. very anti-climatic imo... Shinn went into SEED mode which according to fakuda means Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor, but yet i didn't see him perform as that acronym represents but instead all i saw is *Super-Elitist Emo-Dude(s)* *shrugs* oh well... gundam age is around the corner.. hopefully they dont screw it up.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 12:15   Link #2068
Scorpiopt

off-topic but i wonder why Freedoms page was erased from the gundam wiki
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 12:17   Link #2069
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
off-topic but i wonder why Freedoms page was erased from the gundam wiki
... it wasn't.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/ZGMF-X10A_Freedom
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/ZGMF-X20A_Strike_Freedom
Old 2011-09-25, 12:23   Link #2070
Scorpiopt

wtf wen i clicked it for the first time it said deleted :/
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 05:45   Link #2071
Destined_Fate

This series gets a lot of unwarranted hate, especially at Shinn. With the information Shinn had he chose the side he felt would end the war. Of course he supported the Destiny Plan because it was revealed to him that the plan was the reason he was made a pilot and given power. The Chairman was a swell guy, as far as Shinn was concerned, until the very end when he started nuking people with a weapon he was condemning earlier.

Besides, once Rey and the Chairman weren't whispering lies and praising him(Didn't help that when Athrun was unreasonable and harsh to Shinn that Rey was 'quick' to be Shinn's buddy under the Chairman's orders), Shinn realized that he nearly hurt Lunamaria, who he loved and swore to protect(And that he wouldn't let her die like Stella), and that the power given to him wasn't being used in the way he wanted after all. Athrun did say that Shinn had great potential early on and in the end he still believed that since he didn't kill Shinn and rescued him after it was all over.

With all the Flashbacks and hints in the early episodes I don't see how people didn't see Shinn x Lunamaria happening or the Chairman being misguided in his pursuit to end all war.

I also don't understand why people say Lunamaria shouldn't have forgiven Shinn for supposedly killing Athrun and her sister. I mean they had a Flashback to Lunamaria spying on Athrun before the evidence, which she gathered, was reviewed before Athrun was framed. Lunamaria felt just as guilty over what happened that's why she forgave Shinn since he literally had no choice but to follow orders. That and when Lunamaria and Shinn embraced they finally figured out that even after all the death and sadness the wars had brought upon them that they still had each other and it was enough for them both.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 01:55   Link #2072
JediNight
キズランダム

Financially GSD was undoubtedly a success. You don't sell 80k per volume and not turn a tidy profit, especially with model sales on top of that. When people complain about GSD it comes down to the quality of writing/direction for the show. Fukuda was the Yes-Man Sunrise always wanted that Tomino would never be for them. The results are obvious -- shoddy storytelling and character development that was all over the place and altered on the whim of merchandise sales.

Shinn was supposed to be a next-generation Kamille, however he never grew up like Kamille did. He ended up rash, immature, and easily manipulated right up to the end. The character development was tapped out on the original cast after S1, so the only way to move things along was to basically reset the development for Athrun and Cagalli. Then Kira and Lacus basically sit back as a "straight line" of development for the first half.

Eventually they decide to shove Shinn to the back, but they still want to sell a new Gundam design, so they created the terribly written "battle" between Shinn and Kira for Ep34. Where in order to defeat Kira, they basically have him "staring in the rear view mirror" the entire time not even paying attention. I found it rather comical.

Ultimate irony: I'm told the canon ending pairing is Athrun and Meyrin. Heh.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 05:52   Link #2073
Washu-Chan