Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-28, 05:14   Link #141
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

S2 will air in Summer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-28, 06:58   Link #142
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wonder how much padding it might have. I mean, there isn't really much new story in the game after this.
Old 2024-05-28, 17:50   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Wonder how much padding it might have. I mean, there isn't really much new story in the game after this.
There's close to half the story left.
Old 2024-05-29, 06:57   Link #144
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

There are also two scenes that only worked really well in the original because of how it affected the gameplay similar to the twists from Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater where only the player feels most of the shock rather than the character.
Old 2024-07-05, 15:53   Link #145
GDB

I have literally zero idea what's happening in this episode. I thought it was a reboot/soft reboot following a different path, but then they went and showed the final scene of the first half in a montage so now I'm just confused.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-05, 18:24   Link #146
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I have literally zero idea what's happening in this episode. I thought it was a reboot/soft reboot following a different path, but then they went and showed the final scene of the first half in a montage so now I'm just confused.
It took place before the events of the show, and explains what 2B meant by "it always ends like this" when she was forced to kill 9S at the end of the first season.
The images in the commander's room at the end shows she's killed him countless times before. The kill we saw in this ep was one of the first times she killed him, and she began to distance herself from him (note that she was calling him Nines the entire time, something she refuses to do in present time despite his insistence). That never really worked and she became more and more wracked with guilt.

The reason they keep bringing 9S back to factory reset instead of disposing of him forever is because he is ridiculously good at his job. The problem is that he's too good at it, and always ends up uncovering the big secret Yorha is hiding, hence the need for 2B (actually 2E) to act as his executioner so one of him isn't allowed to go rogue.

Incidentally, the only thing from the game in this ep was the Amnesia side-quest. It happens fairly early in the game, at a point where you'd never suspect 2B is one of those E units. 2B killing 9S is actually never shown in the game, only implied through dialogues.

I think a simple "X years before Adam and Eve's death" would have cleared up the confusion.
Old 2024-07-05, 18:57   Link #147
GDB

Gotcha, thanks. And yeah, just something like that would've made this make so much more sense.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-06, 20:50   Link #148
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Gotcha, thanks. And yeah, just something like that would've made this make so much more sense.
It's not supposed to make sense this early because you're not meant to piece it together until closer to the very end when 9S finds out.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-08, 06:57   Link #149
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Dude! Episode 1 and they are already doing different stuff from the game! Also, the opening video is quite a spoiler for what will happen in contrast to the previous one which seemed to be more symbolic about 2B and 9S's chase across the planet
Old 2024-07-10, 08:10   Link #150
Shadow5YA

Finally watched the episode.

Personally I think the suicide kind of falls flat, considering they're highly durable androids and should have survived the fall anyway.

I still think putting a date to these events would be counterproductive because they're meant to be vague until later. Maybe they should have considered airing this episode earlier though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Incidentally, the only thing from the game in this ep was the Amnesia side-quest. It happens fairly early in the game, at a point where you'd never suspect 2B is one of those E units. 2B killing 9S is actually never shown in the game, only implied through dialogues.
The Emil appearance was in the game, even if the fight afterwards was anime original.

The desert temple is a dungeon from Replicant.
Old 2024-07-10, 18:02   Link #151
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The Emil appearance was in the game, even if the fight afterwards was anime original.
Ah, right. How could I forget about Emil? I wonder if that was just a one off cameo or if they're actually going to explore him in the anime. Won't make much sense for people who haven't played Nier Replicant though, but the lunar tear is in the ED.
Old 2024-07-12, 17:04   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The suffering has begun.

They gave a more in-depth explanation for the virus, and "they" showed up waaaay ahead of time.
Old 2024-07-12, 17:45   Link #153
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

WTF introducing more S-B pairs just to kill them all?

I never played past the game prologue so all of the plot twists are surprising for me.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-12, 18:08   Link #154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A bit of trivia related to the previous episode: 2B killed 9S a total number of 47 times before the series started.
Old 2024-07-13, 00:37   Link #155
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
The suffering has begun.

They gave a more in-depth explanation for the virus, and "they" showed up waaaay ahead of time.
Chronologically, George is already doing her thing at this point of time in game as well. Just out of player's sight.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-15, 08:13   Link #156
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Ah, right. How could I forget about Emil? I wonder if that was just a one off cameo or if they're actually going to explore him in the anime. Won't make much sense for people who haven't played Nier Replicant though, but the lunar tear is in the ED.
Emil could be fought as a superboss hidden. However, we have to use 9S to fight him rather than 2B due to the former's hacking ability. I don't remember well the scenario but similar to everything Yoko Taro writes, it can get depressing

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-07-15 at 09:51.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-15, 16:31   Link #157
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Emil could be fought as a superboss hidden. However, we have to use 9S to fight him rather than 2B due to the former's hacking ability. I don't remember well the scenario but similar to everything Yoko Taro writes, it can get depressing
Game-wise?

Spoiler:

So yeah, depressing.
Old 2024-07-17, 07:09   Link #158
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
A bit of trivia related to the previous episode: 2B killed 9S a total number of 47 times before the series started.
That might explain the ending video.
Old 2024-07-19, 14:15   Link #159
Blaat

As an anime only that was a great episode, I'm really curious to see in what direction the story is going.
Old 2024-07-19, 15:54   Link #160
Shadow5YA

If you pay attention closely to the intro sequence, you'll notice a singular android on the surface of the moon.

Spoiler for The Android's identity is...:

Tags
action, sci-fi