AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2024-05-28, 05:14   Link #141
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine / Barcelona, Spain
Age: 36
S2 will air in Summer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-28, 06:58   Link #142
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: I'm everywhere
Age: 33
Wonder how much padding it might have. I mean, there isn't really much new story in the game after this.
__________________
https://cdn-forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic215413_33.gif
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-28, 17:50   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Wonder how much padding it might have. I mean, there isn't really much new story in the game after this.
There's close to half the story left.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-29, 06:57   Link #144
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: I'm everywhere
Age: 33
There are also two scenes that only worked really well in the original because of how it affected the gameplay similar to the twists from Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater where only the player feels most of the shock rather than the character.
__________________
https://cdn-forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic215413_33.gif
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-05, 15:53   Link #145
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 38
I have literally zero idea what's happening in this episode. I thought it was a reboot/soft reboot following a different path, but then they went and showed the final scene of the first half in a montage so now I'm just confused.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-05, 18:24   Link #146
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I have literally zero idea what's happening in this episode. I thought it was a reboot/soft reboot following a different path, but then they went and showed the final scene of the first half in a montage so now I'm just confused.
It took place before the events of the show, and explains what 2B meant by "it always ends like this" when she was forced to kill 9S at the end of the first season.
The images in the commander's room at the end shows she's killed him countless times before. The kill we saw in this ep was one of the first times she killed him, and she began to distance herself from him (note that she was calling him Nines the entire time, something she refuses to do in present time despite his insistence). That never really worked and she became more and more wracked with guilt.

The reason they keep bringing 9S back to factory reset instead of disposing of him forever is because he is ridiculously good at his job. The problem is that he's too good at it, and always ends up uncovering the big secret Yorha is hiding, hence the need for 2B (actually 2E) to act as his executioner so one of him isn't allowed to go rogue.

Incidentally, the only thing from the game in this ep was the Amnesia side-quest. It happens fairly early in the game, at a point where you'd never suspect 2B is one of those E units. 2B killing 9S is actually never shown in the game, only implied through dialogues.

I think a simple "X years before Adam and Eve's death" would have cleared up the confusion.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-05, 18:57   Link #147
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 38
Gotcha, thanks. And yeah, just something like that would've made this make so much more sense.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-06, 20:50   Link #148
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Gotcha, thanks. And yeah, just something like that would've made this make so much more sense.
It's not supposed to make sense this early because you're not meant to piece it together until closer to the very end when 9S finds out.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-08, 06:57   Link #149
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: I'm everywhere
Age: 33
Dude! Episode 1 and they are already doing different stuff from the game! Also, the opening video is quite a spoiler for what will happen in contrast to the previous one which seemed to be more symbolic about 2B and 9S's chase across the planet
__________________
https://cdn-forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic215413_33.gif
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-10, 08:10   Link #150
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Finally watched the episode.

Personally I think the suicide kind of falls flat, considering they're highly durable androids and should have survived the fall anyway.

I still think putting a date to these events would be counterproductive because they're meant to be vague until later. Maybe they should have considered airing this episode earlier though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Incidentally, the only thing from the game in this ep was the Amnesia side-quest. It happens fairly early in the game, at a point where you'd never suspect 2B is one of those E units. 2B killing 9S is actually never shown in the game, only implied through dialogues.
The Emil appearance was in the game, even if the fight afterwards was anime original.

The desert temple is a dungeon from Replicant.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-10, 18:02   Link #151
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The Emil appearance was in the game, even if the fight afterwards was anime original.
Ah, right. How could I forget about Emil? I wonder if that was just a one off cameo or if they're actually going to explore him in the anime. Won't make much sense for people who haven't played Nier Replicant though, but the lunar tear is in the ED.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-12, 17:04   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
The suffering has begun.

They gave a more in-depth explanation for the virus, and "they" showed up waaaay ahead of time.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-12, 17:45   Link #153
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine / Barcelona, Spain
Age: 36
WTF introducing more S-B pairs just to kill them all?

I never played past the game prologue so all of the plot twists are surprising for me.
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-12, 18:08   Link #154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
A bit of trivia related to the previous episode: 2B killed 9S a total number of 47 times before the series started.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-13, 00:37   Link #155
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The suffering has begun.

They gave a more in-depth explanation for the virus, and "they" showed up waaaay ahead of time.
Chronologically, George is already doing her thing at this point of time in game as well. Just out of player's sight.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:13   Link #156
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: I'm everywhere
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ah, right. How could I forget about Emil? I wonder if that was just a one off cameo or if they're actually going to explore him in the anime. Won't make much sense for people who haven't played Nier Replicant though, but the lunar tear is in the ED.
Emil could be fought as a superboss hidden. However, we have to use 9S to fight him rather than 2B due to the former's hacking ability. I don't remember well the scenario but similar to everything Yoko Taro writes, it can get depressing
__________________
https://cdn-forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic215413_33.gif

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; Yesterday at 09:51.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:31   Link #157
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Emil could be fought as a superboss hidden. However, we have to use 9S to fight him rather than 2B due to the former's hacking ability. I don't remember well the scenario but similar to everything Yoko Taro writes, it can get depressing
Game-wise?

Spoiler:


So yeah, depressing.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, sci-fi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.