AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 37 36.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 30.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 22.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-08, 21:06   Link #21
iamthebest22

What in the world is with the ending..... lol Lol yukata, she could end up being more popular than Konata or Kagami! ><
Old 2007-07-08, 23:04   Link #22
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It seems I was mistaken as to the nature of this ending. I just saw it and it barely qualifies as Hare Hare Yukai. I rather like this Minoru fellow for his combination of horrific singing of beloved songs that make the fans very confused. It's about time that Haruhi got it's songs riffed and I hereby withdraw unconditionally all those nasty statements I made about the endings prior to this one being favouritism. Gomen....

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-07-08 at 23:12. Reason: Maybe I should have watched the ending rathering than assuming it would be sung....well. Hahahaha
Old 2007-07-08, 23:08   Link #23
krln99

A definite step up from last ep. I like Yutaka and Minami. The implied yuri is rather humorous, especially the theme song that's used.
Old 2007-07-08, 23:56   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yay.... at least by the screen caps, it looks like this ep is going to be manga-source heavy .... lots of Yutaka goodness and a little bit of Minami.

Heh, can't wait to hear Minoru's karaoke hell of Hare Hare Yukai hahahahahaha.
Old 2007-07-08, 23:59   Link #25
shiro83

Yutaka = Win!

Too cute...
Old 2007-07-09, 00:07   Link #26
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Spoiler for Ep 14 ED?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I haven't seen her in Nagasarete Airandou.
she played yukino in airantou...i dont know how she sounds in lucky star yet, but she is very annoyinggggggggggggggggg in airantou @@

Last edited by angel_wing0; 2007-07-09 at 00:26.
Old 2007-07-09, 00:08   Link #27
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

*mods pls remove*
Old 2007-07-09, 00:19   Link #28
holybell84

Another totally WTF ending =D

Hey, since they have Shirashi singing at the end, will we soon have Aya Hirano singing soon?
Old 2007-07-09, 00:41   Link #29
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Another totally WTF ending =D

Hey, since they have Shirashi singing at the end, will we soon have Aya Hirano singing soon?
i doubt it, he is trying to own akira because she always tortures him in lucky channel
Old 2007-07-09, 00:43   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Why would we want that anyway? Hirano gets plenty of air time, CDs, interviews. I'm absolutely thrilled that a "MALE" voice actor is getting this sort of attention from the anime producers after dozens and dozens of female seiyuu idols. And since its the goofy Minoru (rather than the somewhat ego-overloaded Sugita)... so much the better.
Old 2007-07-09, 00:43   Link #31
shiro83

If this keeps up, then he is proving why he is no. 1 for the popularity vote.
Old 2007-07-09, 01:55   Link #32
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroitenshi83 View Post
If this keeps up, then he is proving why he is no. 1 for the popularity vote.
陰謀でよ!偶然でわない!

It's a conspiracy obviously xD

Just watched the raw...yutaka doesnt sound as annoying as yukino in airantou, thank god
Old 2007-07-09, 02:02   Link #33
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Why would we want that anyway? Hirano gets plenty of air time, CDs, interviews. I'm absolutely thrilled that a "MALE" voice actor is getting this sort of attention from the anime producers after dozens and dozens of female seiyuu idols. And since its the goofy Minoru (rather than the somewhat ego-overloaded Sugita)... so much the better.
1. Unsurprisingly, I would love to see Aaya pull a Shiraishi and do something like this week's crazy/hilarious ED. She does it in the karaoke EDs, and I think she could do it live-action.

2. Surprisingly, I agree with those who would like to have heard more of the others in the karaoke EDs, at least in principle.

3. Where do you get the idea that Sugita is "ego-overloaded"? I don't read a lot about him, but I've never read that, and the little bits I've seen live make him seem fairly confident, but not big-headed. I'm not saying he isn't, I've just never seen it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-09 at 02:29.
Old 2007-07-09, 02:27   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

3. Where do you get the idea that Sugita is "ego-overloaded"? I don't read a lot about him, but I've never read that, and the little bits I've seen live make him seem fairly confident, but not big-headed.
I imagine it's the characters he plays that he's talking about. If you go by his characters alone then I could see one imagining him as very egotistical and self-righteous. They even went so far as to portray him as such in Lucky Star episode 12, acting very high and mighty with the customer and doing his usual sarcastic and "assumption of correctness" voice that he does with all the characters I've ever seen him voice before being corrected by the Anime Tenchou.

Basically, sometimes when a person frequently portrays a certain type of character trait while acting and exudes that character trait even when its not necessarily called for, by their sheer presence alone, people begin to wonder if it's really acting. An example would be Tony Sirico as Paulie Walnuts in The Soprano's. Part of the reason he's so convincing as a mobster is that he actually had been involved in with the mob and engaged in the intimidation and strong arming of nightclubs before becoming an actor.

Given how a lot of people seem to think of Sugita Tomokazu as the something like the greatest Male VA out there right now, it wouldn't surprise me if it gave him a bit of an ego.

I'll go right out and say though that I prefer Minoru's laid back and fun attitude to anything I've ever heard from Sugita Tomokazu, period. Whereas Sugita Tomokazu seems like he would be a drag to hang out with in real life, Minoru seems like the kind of fun loving guy I could get along with very well at a social gathering.

I also agree 150% with Vexx on how great it is to see such a humble and humorous MALE fellow as Minoru getting some exposure in an industry that is currently dominated by many Female Idol Seiyuu, who's public personas that are all grafted to appeal to the Otaku market have caused them to all blend together into a group where none of them really stands out amongst the rest (since they all have essentially the same image). Minoru really does seem for real though in that I'm not sure he's even trying to prove anything, but just out to have a good time.

Though Vexx, we probably will have Aya Hirano singing in person, as time has proven that the fans can never get enough of her, despite overexposure. And when it happens you can be sure people will go ballistic and the CD will follow shortly, and their will be much rejoicing and then before you know it its the top single of the week. In fact just people mentioning it means it will probably happen as that's how it seems to have worked in the past. Whatever the Otaku want from Lucky Star they usually end up getting, which kind of brings things down on the surprise factor from the show.

Sorry for the long and heavy read everyone who made it through the whole thing.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-07-09 at 02:55.
Old 2007-07-09, 03:54   Link #35
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I guess I'll be the first here to say my favorite part was when Yutaka passed the bathroom door.
Old 2007-07-09, 06:28   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@Kaoru & Kaoishin: No, I actually don't mean "ego-overloaded" in a bad way.. more in a Robin Williams way. In interviews, he seems to sort of dominate the conversation - he just can't seem to help it. Minoru seems to be more self-effacing and therefore a more approachable guy.

If you'll remember, I'm not too fond of the L*C segment in general. I was rather hoping that it would either fade or that they do a few L*C in live-action. Minoru's ED schticks are an intersting compromise though I'd still like to see him and Akira's VA go at it live-action.

My strongest preference would be to return to the L*S girl's karaoke endings..... but it doesn't look like Lucky*Star is going to get to be just Lucky*Star. Hell, it'd be fun to see the VAs for L*S do a live-action karaoke ED. I've always been a fan of watching VAs work in their recording sessions.

I guess I'm in the weird state of being a Lucky*Star geek trying to protect his love from the other geeks who want to paint it all over with stuff "not Lucky*Star".

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-07-09 at 12:55.
Old 2007-07-09, 07:08   Link #37
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

AYAAAAA!!!! >_< More loli's!!! This is gonna be GREAT!!! need to DL the raws now!!!
Old 2007-07-09, 08:52   Link #38
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
It seems I was mistaken as to the nature of this ending. I just saw it and it barely qualifies as Hare Hare Yukai. I rather like this Minoru fellow for his combination of horrific singing of beloved songs that make the fans very confused. It's about time that Haruhi got it's songs riffed and I hereby withdraw unconditionally all those nasty statements I made about the endings prior to this one being favouritism. Gomen....
So do you reckon that's why they were releasing umpteen different versions of Hare Hare Yukai they never released the Taniguchi version? Maybe they will, now.
Old 2007-07-09, 09:42   Link #39
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Yutaka-chan FTW!

It's hard to pick between her and Tsukasa-chan for me, but I'll still pick Tsukasa-chan if push comes to shove.

It's not hard to imagine Chihara Minori in Minami's role, she's the exact copy of Nagato, silent, flat-chested, short-haired. Only just slightly more dere-dere when it comes to Yutaka-chan.

Yui-nee better keep an eye on Kona-chan's dad (or even Kona-chan for that matter) to make sure her sister is not, erm, "infected". She is a cop, after all. (Or perhaps it's already too late, as Yutaka-chan seems to be admiring her onee-chan already. )

I agree with jaalin on Random Curiosity: Mr Hiiragi sure is a lucky man. With such a hot wife and four lovely daughters. On the other hand, Mr Izumi is probably playing an eroge with exactly that scenario.

Trivia: All of the Hiiragi sisters have names that have shrine-related names: Inori (pray), Matsuri (festival), Kagami (mirror), Tsukasa (priestess).

Once again, Lucky Channel has encroached upon the space of the episode. From another perspective, I guess there is a useful purpose for LC, in that it makes sure the manga material doesn't get used up too quickly, since there is only four volumes worth. It was either that or more "product placements", as the detractors would say.

As for the ED, it seems like Shiraishi's gonna do every Kyo-Ani song dancing by the waves like a maniac.
Old 2007-07-09, 11:40   Link #40
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
As for the ED, it seems like Shiraishi's gonna do every Kyo-Ani song dancing by the waves like a maniac.
Of course he will, the patterns set already. Bouken Desho Desho is probably next followed by I guess God Knows and so on, but I don't know about the Kanon ones as they belong to Key (Plus the Hardcore Key fans will probably go ballastic and letter bomb the company if Minoru gets to butcher it while doing Tae Boe and smirking).

The more the show invokes Haruhi though, the more points it seems to score overall, which in all honesty worries me a bit as I want this to be about Lucky Star and not for it to turn into Haruhi Season 1.5. Although Lucky Star's pretty much having to share the stage with Haruhi in this show lately (or is it the other way around).

@Dop: Well I bet a number of fans are saying "How dare you butcher the best song ever made?! ", so I don't know if it will sell as there's no Idol factor behind it that provides the selling point, only a man (albeit a funny one). Maybe if they get Aya Hirano to come out and do a duet with him of it in a later episode that will make the difference.
Closed Thread