AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 37 29.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 33.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 25.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-27, 20:16   Link #221
hodil
Solve me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee View Post
Not necessarily, but...
Haha well... its the death of his mom. Its highly likely that he would be aware of it.
Old 2009-10-27, 20:27   Link #222
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodil View Post
Haha well... its the death of his mom. Its highly likely that he would be aware of it.
Especially considering how hard he took it I doubt he would just forget the day his mom died.
Old 2009-10-27, 22:08   Link #223
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

There are millions of choice to guess at that number. We should narrow down to: why is it there on that door?

To send a message to the survivors? The identity of the culprit? The location of the gold? The change in unknown plan?

Even the number pattern is also strange. As we have 07 at the start, means all other one digit number "should" have 0 and there can't be a 3 digits number (if they are all indicate one thing). But we don't have anymore 0, so the rest have to be 2 digits number. Also the final number: 29. It prevent lots of idea forming up, because unless it's the day, or the minutes, not that many other form could fit a number that big (could not be hours, or member ranking, or months...etc).

There's another interpretation: all numbers are one digit number, include 0.
If the number is the ranking of people in the house with Beatrice rank 0, then we can take first word of their 1st name hiragana, and have something like Bejekirokikirama , which obviously do not have any meaning xD. Could add one more word to let it have a new meaning (just like Krauss joke), but i give up with following this method

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-10-27 at 22:41.
Old 2009-10-28, 00:02   Link #224
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

This might be farfetched, but I'm intrigued with what I tried:

07151129 = OTISIIRG (I'm sure most of you will convert 2 to R)

Then I tried various ways of how to twist it until I came with pronuncing each letter.

O CHI AI ESU AI AI ARU JI

Then formed a sentence that slightly makes sense

OCHIAI E SAIAI ARUJI
落ち合いえ最愛主

Which if I understand is meeting the beloved master or something. Of course I don't know if it would make sense on why someone would write that. Just wanted to share this with you guys.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-10-28, 00:27   Link #225
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well that's quite creative and funny, but didn't you forget a U? Removing it in one case and keeping it in another is a little inconsistent ^^;

Old 2009-10-28, 00:48   Link #226
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Well I knew that keeping that U was hard. I tried pronuncing it and U can be omitted.
"ESAI" also sounds like "S, I".

But anyway, it's a random interpretation and I'm still looking for stuff.

Old 2009-10-28, 02:55   Link #227
Uchiha Soul

Wow that was good analyzing waiting for ur next shot

for me, i stopped analyzing the numbers, im now looking for the culprit, drawing a line that connect the events, trying to figure out who was there and who was not, putting reasons to each character.. it is fun to think as a detective
Old 2009-10-28, 03:37   Link #228
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
for me, i stopped analyzing the numbers, im now looking for the culprit, drawing a line that connect the events, trying to figure out who was there and who was not, putting reasons to each character.. it is fun to think as a detective
Any theories about the murders in this arc yet? Here's mine:

First Twilight: Either some deranged plot by Kinzo and Genji, or all the parents managed to bury the hatchet long enough to whack the old man and the servants. But why would they bother with the elaborate sealed-room setup?

Second: Eva. She's supposed the be good at kung-fu, and being 'sick' with Hideyoshi 'watching' her gives her a fine alibi. (And all that running around in the rain could give her a real fever.)

Third, Fourth, Fifth: Kyrie suspected Eva, so she and Rudolf wanted to get Hideyoshi alone to press him for info. it went badly. But who staked them once all three were dead?

Sixth, Seventh, Eighth: Eva and George. Eva got Natsuhi and Krauss to come with her to the mansion (by claiming she'd just now deciphered the epitaph, maybe), then she and George ambushed them. George got shot in the process of garroting them.

Alternately, George might have committed suicide, with his dad and Shannon both being dead.

Dr. Nanjo: Unknown. There's currently nobody who _could_ kill him. Possibly he wants Jessica as an earwitness to his "death" while he sneaks off and hides somewhere? (If his body shows up next episode, I'll know I'm wrong.) I suspect he's an accomplice in at least one murder plot.

Last edited by Arbane the Terrible; 2009-10-28 at 03:49.
Old 2009-10-28, 08:28   Link #229
matteas
Member Member

Okay. Since this discussion has begun dealing with the mysterious number, I will show my thinking process. However, I wasn't able to finish it.

First, I wrote the digits in 7-segments style and turned it upside down.

I got something looking like this: 62ll5lL0 (It looks strange in this form, it should be written in the 7-segments style)

The first digit looks like letter 'b', so I thought about b2. That could be coordinates and I immediately thought of chess. Pawn is the piece that is on b2 in the set-up position.

Pawn piece doesn't appear only in chess. There's a piece called pawn in shogi as well. It can be promoted to promoted pawn and then it is written as と金. And 金 means "gold".

Next is I. Number 1 can be read "hito" which also means "human" or "person".

I5 = IS

And that is as far as I got. "Golden man is IL0"
Old 2009-10-28, 10:14   Link #230
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbane the Terrible View Post
Any theories about the murders in this arc
Third, Fourth, Fifth: Kyrie suspected Eva, so she and Rudolf wanted to get Hideyoshi alone to press him for info. it went badly. But who staked them once all three were dead?
Maybe Kyrie and rudolf killed hideyoshi, then eva killed them, though it seems to be more a a full out brawl which ended with the 3 of them "dead", though they have not been confirmed as such for this twilight so there is a chacne hideyoshi or kyrie are stil alive.
Old 2009-10-29, 09:20   Link #231
Battler-kun

Beato is such a waste. From a cruel witch to an unstable minded one who wants be acknlowledged by Battler.
That's just weak.
I like the new Beatrice much more, because she is more consistent.

All in all, i am not so fond of this series anymore.
Old 2009-10-29, 09:24   Link #232
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Wait for the next episode.

Old 2009-10-29, 14:57   Link #233
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Beato is such a waste. From a cruel witch to an unstable minded one who wants be acknlowledged by Battler.
Um. She's ALWAYS wanted to be accepted by Battler. That's the entire point of the game - to have Battler accept her existence.
Closed Thread