AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-23, 13:14   Link #21
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Some have had the thought that Mami and Kyoko knew each other before, based on the conversation where Mami is talking to Sayaka and Madoka, and mentions that someone made a wish for another person before, and it turned out badly. It almost sounds as if she knew Kyoko, in which case, this could be a prequel. But I admit I don't know how Madoka would fit into this.

If it is a sequel, then the new girl could be a bit of a reincarnation of Madoka or something, and while Homura has gone off alone, Mami and Kyoko now work together, and discover this new girl. Or the new girl has some sort of link to Madoka.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 13:17   Link #22
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
It's most likely a sequel, there is no indication that Kyouko and Mami disappeared as well in comparison with Homura who is in despair in the world she can't be with Madoka so she used up all her soul gem so she can be with her once again.
Errm...when did Homura use up all her Soul Gem? The despair = blackened Soul Gem....isn't that no longer the case?
Old 2011-04-23, 13:28   Link #23
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Errm...when did Homura use up all her Soul Gem? The despair = blackened Soul Gem....isn't that no longer the case?
No, the soul gem still blackens with despair. Madoka just takes that despair on her own when the magical girls are at the breaking point, thereby preventing them from becoming witches (although, they still die -disappear- at that moment).

But Homura hasn't let her soul gem get dark. You can clearly see her cleansing her soul gem with the "curses cubes" at the end. It's implied these cubes comes from the magical beast, which are the manifestation of the negative feelings of the world as whole.
Old 2011-04-23, 13:30   Link #24
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Some have had the thought that Mami and Kyoko knew each other before, based on the conversation where Mami is talking to Sayaka and Madoka, and mentions that someone made a wish for another person before, and it turned out badly. It almost sounds as if she knew Kyoko, in which case, this could be a prequel. But I admit I don't know how Madoka would fit into this.

If it is a sequel, then the new girl could be a bit of a reincarnation of Madoka or something, and while Homura has gone off alone, Mami and Kyoko now work together, and discover this new girl. Or the new girl has some sort of link to Madoka.
I still think it's a prequel and that Madoka could be doing a cameo or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Kazu-kun beat me too it but yea the Soul Gems still need purifying...
Old 2011-04-25, 01:56   Link #25
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ Nope.

I'm about 80% sure it deals with the world after the ending of original series. Of course, I might be wrong, but synopsis is just... @_@

For the detail, here is my post;
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2500
Old 2011-04-26, 00:28   Link #26
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
^ Nope.

I'm about 80% sure it deals with the world after the ending of original series. Of course, I might be wrong, but synopsis is just... @_@

thank you good sir. =)
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 05:44   Link #27
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I am reading roughly the same as Applejuice about Oriko. This follows the event of the anime... especially after looking at vol.2 art and all.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 06:58   Link #28
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
I pray they show at least a bit of Sayaka, even if just a flashback. According to Kyouko, they actually became friends - to see official glimpses of that, not mere fanart, would be like a barrel of Morning Rescue upon my heart...
Seriously, I'm already looking forward to May 12 no less than to May 25. Although if May 12 comes, and Oriko turns out to be a prequel... The 6th letter of English alphabet will dominate the whole Internet at once. maybe we'd better restrain our hype a bit.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 08:14   Link #29
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
maybe we'd better restrain our hype a bit.

I agree it is better to wait before jumping the gun besides whether prequel or sequel we'll still want to read it.
Old 2011-04-29, 22:12   Link #30
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
^ Nope.

Wait... it's "Mahou Shoujo Oriko Madoka"? I thought it was Oriko Magica.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 22:49   Link #31
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wait... it's "Mahou Shoujo Oriko Madoka"? I thought it was Oriko Magica.
Every source I'm seeing says Oriko Magica, so I'm assuming that was a typo.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 00:31   Link #32
RDF2050
Superidol

Looking forward to this

Let's see which group of people win: Prequel Party, Sequel Party or Alternative Universe Party
Old 2011-05-02, 05:17   Link #33
Used Can

Well, personally, given the following statements:
Quote:
Even though the TV anime ended, Puella Magi will not.
Who could be the girl that stands in front of Mami and Kyouko?
Stay tuned for volume one of the official spin-off comic "Puella Magi Oriko Magica", which shows another fight that was not depicted in Mami's, Kyouko's as well as Homura and Madoka's TV anime!!
Quote:
Introducing a spin-off comic from the big-hit original TV anime "Puella Magi Madoka Magica" with a whole new story!
Kyouko Sakura, who spends all her time fighting in isolation, Mami Tomoe, who protects Mitakihara Town with a heart of justice and Homura Akemi, who silently approaches Madoka Kaname.
A story revolving around each Puella Magi's battles that weren't meant to cross, centering in an event called "Puella Magi Hunting".
Which would be, an incident that would change the fate of the girls completely.
Which would be, the beginning of a new Puella Magi story...
The bolded parts make me think Oriko is going to be a prequel. If this was a sequel, then it'd be obvious all these things wouldn't have been shown in the anime. And, in addition, the whole thing about the battles from each one of those girls (Kyouko, Mami and Homura) that weren't meant to cross, make me thing they hadn't known each other at that point.

Of course, I'd love it if Oriko is a sequel. In fact, I want it to be. But, I think it's going to be a prequel.
Old 2011-05-02, 08:05   Link #34
kaigan
Segmentation fault

if this spin-off turns to be a prequel, i expect this is a back story or history of some sort, maybe of a certain pm who turned into a witch or the mystery regarding wn, until the events in tl1. but if this turns out to be a sequel, the "homura reaching out to madoka bit by bit" is really intriguing. could madoka reincarnated in a new body with no memory of prior events? or what was oriko's wish? can't wait for it!
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 09:29   Link #35
Shadow5YA

It could be one of many previous timelines that went wrong. If anyone is aware of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger's story and Dissidia 012's story, an alternate story can be made on any of the failed attempts.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 13:04   Link #36
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
The main quirk about the prequel would be Homura's simultaneous involvement with Kyouko and Mami. Crossing paths, eh? While it's hinted that Mami and Kyouko knew each other, they apparently hadn't had any contacts for a while - the while when Homura gets involved in the first place. I'm positive that at the time when Kyouko and Mami's paths crossed, there was NO sign of Homura in the scene. As well as of Madoka who got involved even before Homura. To pull off such a prequel in whatever timeline, Gen would need to lead two parallel narrations, but even that doesn't perfectly qualify for "a story never seen in the anime".
While it was Kyouko and Mami alone, the odds of this being a prequel were significantly higher than now with Homura and Madoka thrown in.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 23:52   Link #37
night_sentinel

There is a synopsis of Vol. 2 here.

大ヒットオリジナルTVアニメ「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」の全編描き下ろしスピンオフコミック 、完結巻!
因縁の白い魔法少女を探す佐倉杏子、魔法少女狩りの犯人、黒い魔法少女と対峙する巴マミ、ただひたすらに、 鹿目まどかとの平穏を守ろうとする暁美ほむら。
交わることのないはずの3人の魔法少女が『織莉子』の手によって螺旋状に運命を束ねられていく 。
それは、彼女たちの存在を試す物語――。
それは、過ぎ去ったひとつの時間軸――。

(found on Madoka's wikia and seems legit)

There's also a translation made by someone from /a/ there:
# Kyouko searching for some white magical girl
# Mami confronting a black magical girl who's the criminal behind the "magical girl hunting"
# Homura protecting Madoka
# The path of those three magical girls weren't supposed to cross and [something about Oriko and fate]
# A story where their existence is tested
# The story of a passed time line

Sigh... Its ridiculously ambiguous... It could be a prequel ( a past timeline of Homura) or a sequel (after the anime ends). ^^
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 01:09   Link #38
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

^ The way I see it, since there's no official information of Sayaka making an appearance in this manga, I believe it's gonna be a sequel. If Sayaka makes an appearance in the manga physically, then its probably a prequel of sorts.
Old 2011-05-04, 01:32   Link #39
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
# Homura protecting Madoka
Homura protecting her peace with Madoka (alternative wording, protecting the peace she has with Madoka). Important difference there.
Old 2011-05-04, 02:33   Link #40
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Sigh... Its ridiculously ambiguous... It could be a prequel ( a past timeline of Homura) or a sequel (after the anime ends). ^^
It's not ambiguous in the slightest.
Quote:
それは、過ぎ去ったひとつの時間軸――
This is saying Oriko will take place in a past timeline. And also,

Quote:
大ヒットオリジナルTVアニメ「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」の全編描き下ろしスピンオフコミック 、完結巻!
Unless I'm reading this wrong, this is saying vol.2 is the final volume of Oriko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Homura protecting her peace with Madoka (alternative wording, protecting the peace she has with Madoka). Important difference there.
Actually, it's not her peace with Madoka, but Madoka's peace - i.e. her normal peaceful life.