AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-18, 16:40   Link #2561
darkplataform

So, I got a request for this.

Sheryl Final Visual Collection,
only the unseen pages, AyaEndo interview, and the short story Day in Alcatraz ( english please!!)

Enjoy
Spoiler for ...:

gallery

Last edited by darkplataform; 2011-10-18 at 19:29.
Old 2011-10-19, 00:02   Link #2562
Darthtabby

Okay, I managed to rediscover the info someone had posted about the contents of the Galaxy Memory Drama CD that covered the history that TV Sheryl and TV Grace had together.

Spoiler for Repost of summary.:

Still wondering about a few things though. Is it ever clarified why Sheryl ended up becoming an idol? For some reason I'm under the impression that Grace came up with the idea after hearing a young Sheryl singing Totsugeki Love Heart, but I'm not really entirely sure where I got that impression, other than it having something I thought someone said about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNfgEc7tbvg

Is there anything about how Sheryl ended up with her mom's earrings? KITG is an alternate continuity and I never particularly liked its explanation of that issue.

Sheryl didn't seem as close to Grace in the TV series as this Drama CD indicates she was. Then again the TV series was kind of vague about Sheryl's history, which is probably part of why I'm so interested in this kind of stuff.

I also find it odd that Sheryl's parents were killed for opposing Grace and her cabal rather than just because they were related to Mao. It seems odd that they'd even know anything about Grace's plans.
Old 2011-10-19, 06:52   Link #2563
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Okay, I managed to rediscover the info someone had posted about the contents of the Galaxy Memory Drama CD that covered the history that TV Sheryl and TV Grace had together.

Spoiler for Repost of summary.:

Still wondering about a few things though. Is it ever clarified why Sheryl ended up becoming an idol? For some reason I'm under the impression that Grace came up with the idea after hearing a young Sheryl singing Totsugeki Love Heart, but I'm not really entirely sure where I got that impression, other than it having something I thought someone said about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNfgEc7tbvg

Is there anything about how Sheryl ended up with her mom's earrings? KITG is an alternate continuity and I never particularly liked its explanation of that issue.

Sheryl didn't seem as close to Grace in the TV series as this Drama CD indicates she was. Then again the TV series was kind of vague about Sheryl's history, which is probably part of why I'm so interested in this kind of stuff.

I also find it odd that Sheryl's parents were killed for opposing Grace and her cabal rather than just because they were related to Mao. It seems odd that they'd even know anything about Grace's plans.
Sheryl always liked singing even as a child it was by hearing her sing that Grace got the idea to make something of it.

As for Sheryl's parents, we have no idea how she ended up with her mother's earring.

Question how well do you understand Japanese when it is spoken?
Old 2011-10-19, 10:00   Link #2564
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Sheryl always liked singing even as a child it was by hearing her sing that Grace got the idea to make something of it.

[...]

Question how well do you understand Japanese when it is spoken?
Yeah, that fits with what I seem to remember hearing. So Grace basically discovered Sheryl's love of singing and decided to work it into her plans? (I don't suppose it's ever stated why she thinks making Sheryl into an idol serves her purposes?)

As for my Japanese comprehension -it's pretty pathetic for someone who has been watching subtitled anime as long as I have. In fact it's not much better than non existant. Sorry.
Old 2011-11-13, 03:00   Link #2565
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHH....

Old 2011-11-22, 16:51   Link #2566
Dash_Hunter

Hey It seems that Sheryl's official website (this one: http://www.sheryl-nome.net/) has finally been updated because of her birthday, I think.

Of course I can't understand most of the content of the website, but there are two wallpapers if you go to the special section.
Still, I don't understand the purpose of the website.
Old 2011-11-22, 16:56   Link #2567
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Hey It seems that Sheryl's official website (this one: http://www.sheryl-nome.net/) has finally been updated because of her birthday, I think.

Of course I can't understand most of the content of the website, but there are two wallpapers if you go to the special section.
Still, I don't understand the purpose of the website.
Doesn't matter, as long as they put out awesome stuff like this: http://www.pia.co.jp/mist/

And, uh...this is TOTALLY my new wallpaper: http://www.sheryl-nome.net/special/i...ecial/1280.jpg
Old 2011-11-22, 19:52   Link #2568
sa547
*Author

Happy Birthday, Sheryl!
Old 2011-11-23, 03:05   Link #2569
magnuskn

So, she'd be... -31 today?

Good for her.
Old 2011-11-23, 04:57   Link #2570
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Heh, the cake is on me.

Literally.

Old 2011-11-23, 06:19   Link #2571
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Heh, the cake is on me.

Literally.
Ewww...gooey.
Old 2011-11-23, 06:21   Link #2572
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Nah, just sticky.

Old 2011-11-23, 09:07   Link #2573
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Hehe....sitcky...
Old 2011-11-23, 23:36   Link #2574
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, she'd be... -31 today?

Good for her.
Minus thirty actually, assuming she's seventeen at the start of Frontier. Keep in mind her Birthday is late in the year, well after Alto's.

Also, does anyone know what sort of etiquette is considered customary with regards to posting stuff from Pivix to other places? There's a really cute birthday picture someone did for Sheryl that I'd like to bring over, but I'm wondering if I should try to ask permission from the artist first. Is there any way to tell whether it's okay to post something elsewhere?

Last edited by Darthtabby; 2011-11-24 at 00:01.
Old 2011-11-24, 03:31   Link #2575
Lancel

I don't think anyone minds, but I suppose you could just post the link if you're not certain about having it show up here. Their stuff generally won't be on pixiv if they didn't want people to see it on the Internets.

Disclaimer: Bias toward cute Sheryl birthday pictures.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:01   Link #2576
magnuskn

Given that Raile and others put up veritable Pixiv bombs for years, I'd think it is totally okay.

I miss those days...
Old 2011-11-24, 16:58   Link #2577
magnuskn

Heh, Aya Endo is acting another tsundere character in Guilty Crown. And who is her foil? Yuuichi Nakamura.
Old 2011-11-24, 17:22   Link #2578
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Heh, Aya Endo is acting another tsundere character in Guilty Crown. And who is her foil? Yuuichi Nakamura.
Hmm, Endo's role in that is Arisa Kuhouin, who has yet to have any meaningful interaction with Gai...

If you are referring to Ms. Wheelchair, she is being voiced by Kana Hanazawa.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-11-24, 17:30   Link #2579
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hmm, Endo's role in that is Arisa Kuhouin, who has yet to have any meaningful interaction with Gai...

If you are referring to Ms. Wheelchair, she is being voiced by Kana Hanazawa.

- Tak
You should probably watch episode 7, it's out with subs already. ^^
Old 2011-11-24, 17:48   Link #2580
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
You should probably watch episode 7, it's out with subs already. ^^
Oh great, maybe Endo would end up like Sakamoto...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters