AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 09:30   Link #121
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
So this is how they sell the BDs, huh? Looks like outrageous scam to me.
I thought you were talking about the fact that the girl in the main cover is not actually a girl, thus the scam

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 10:03   Link #122
Insane
Banned

They must be kidding when they said that the MC is a dude...........
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 10:13   Link #123
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I posted this months ago, but it doesn't hurt to repeat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Sadly enough when i started the VN , i find the main hero Chihaya looking better/cuter than the heroines X_x'

This is an actual cg in the game
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 10:19   Link #124
Insane
Banned

WTF with those boobs? Can a simple addons making that possible!? Man, those guys on the productions really understand how to troll people.
Old 2012-10-09, 19:32   Link #125
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
The third episode was really interesting since it delves into Chihaya's past a little bit, and the insecurities that always followed him up until now, his mother playing the huge part in it. I don't know, but I think that it was hinted and this episode sort of expanded on that issue.

The kiss scene between Kaoruko and Chihaya was really beautiful, and the fact that they're both Elders sort of gives the Princess x Princess vibes despite the latter being a trap, to say the least.

Overall good and final episode it seems, but I felt the ending and the overall resolution felt lacking. None the less the series was great and the overall experience was totally worth taking, at least to me. The Chihaya x Kaoruko moments were really cute and totally amazing. Awesome pairing.
Old 2012-10-09, 20:28   Link #126
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I think there is another episode, or maybe not. I am interested in seeing how Mizuho Miyanokouji will look like in updated animations, he and Chihaya were suppose to meet each other. I heard this from another forums so I am not sure about the information.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 03:27   Link #127
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Spoiler for Episode 3:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 03:48   Link #128
Dop
Mmmm....

I have to admit I'd been expecting something light and fluffy and faux-yuri like the first season, but this was very different to the earlier series!
While it's been remarked on before how this show is darker in tone, the real shocking denoument came in the final episode where it's revealed that....
Spoiler for episode 3:

That said, the fact that this short series wasn't just a pale shadow of its predecessor but was quite diffferent is what made it much better than I had originally expected.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 04:14   Link #129
hyl
reading #hikaributts

If this was the final episode then the OAV actually stops in the common route >_>

<sarcasm>
wow
</sarcasm>

So what was the point of introducing all the characters from the game if almost none of them had any role for the OAV, besides wasting screen time for fleshing out the common route?

Otoboku 2 anime adaptation ended up being more of a disappointment than i thought.
Old 2012-10-10, 06:26   Link #130
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Spoiler for episode 3:
Spoiler for Comment:
Old 2012-10-10, 07:48   Link #131
Newhope

The series gets a big MEH, not enough time to get invested in the characters and a rushed story means it wasn't really worth watching, which is a shame I enjoyed the frist series.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 08:05   Link #132
Insane
Banned

Feels kinda skewed that one of two Onee-sama that the student bodies admire is actually a dude.
Old 2012-10-10, 11:07   Link #133
novalysis

It's SO frustrating, because there are so many tantalizing plot elements that are flying past so fast that the impact is nothing. The entire Chihaya is Chitose's replace could have easily taken a third of a cour, and should have been foreshadowed at the beginning as one of Chihaya's hidden "issues."

We have good characters, interesting plot elements and a travesty of three episodes to cram all of them together, until there is no impact, no sense of proper pacing, and a great deal of abruptness.

Why wasn't the Two Elders given one whole Cour, if not two? That was something on the order of two cours of material compressed into one and a half hours!.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:52   Link #134
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It's SO frustrating, because there are so many tantalizing plot elements that are flying past so fast that the impact is nothing. The entire Chihaya is Chitose's replace could have easily taken a third of a cour, and should have been foreshadowed at the beginning as one of Chihaya's hidden "issues."

We have good characters, interesting plot elements and a travesty of three episodes to cram all of them together, until there is no impact, no sense of proper pacing, and a great deal of abruptness.

Why wasn't the Two Elders given one whole Cour, if not two? That was something on the order of two cours of material compressed into one and a half hours!.
I don't think you can fill 2 cours, unless you want those slow and boring "fillers" animated from the long common route.
As for the Chitose plot, the anime has barely touched on it at all.
Spoiler for Chitose game spoilers:
Old 2012-10-11, 09:03   Link #135
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN there is an episode 3 and I did not know about it FUCK!!!

gotta find some links fast
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 02:53   Link #136
Belgaesh

I really like Otoboku series, it's a shame that it only get three OVA's. I'd really like to know more about Chihaya past.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 03:01   Link #137
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
I really like Otoboku series, it's a shame that it only get three OVA's. I'd really like to know more about Chihaya past.
If they had a more romantic closure.. I'll praise this a lot.. but all we got was..... "so he was a replacement for his sister and they were both elected".. The end..
Old 2012-10-12, 03:26   Link #138
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
If they had a more romantic closure.. I'll praise this a lot.. but all we got was..... "so he was a replacement for his sister and they were both elected".. The end..
Yeah. The ending was made to look like a happy thereafter. But it didn't even scratched the issues between Chihaya x Chitose X their mother(what's her name?).
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 04:46   Link #139
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I did mention earlier that the OAV stopped mid way in the common route, so of course there is no real disclosure ...

As for the actual Chitose plot, the OAV didn't even start it. Because like i mentioned earlier in the spoiler tags
Spoiler for Chitose:
Old 2012-10-12, 08:47   Link #140
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Wait, was that kiss also part of common route? I must say that despite the...rush in this episode, that kiss scene was pretty well-done.

*sigh*
I guess this is the end huh? I hope they'll do another work like this in later future ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen