AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-13, 17:46   Link #41
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taruto
These kinds of "not-quite-shoujo-not-quite-shounen" series are cropping up everywhere and before you know it... bam! You're an addict!
Nothing done by Kaishaku is shoujo manga. not even one manga.

Everything made by Kaishaku is targeted at male audience, the manga they have done is either shounen or seinen manga. even Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto is a moe~ seinen manga (serialized in the seinen manga magazine Ultra Jump).

Kannaduki no Miko is a yuri manga for guys, and the other manga they made are also aimed at guys.
Old 2006-01-13, 18:21   Link #42
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Especially since they started out doing ero-doujinshi, this shouldn't be too much of a surprise. :/
Old 2006-01-13, 18:48   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

My major gripe with EPS 1 is how fast sister and love interest became friends (first episode, so forgive me if I can't remember their names). Weren't they fighting with their most valuable possession on the line just a while ago? Shouldn't Sister be a little bit more angrier than that? Heck, I wasn't asking for much, since delaying the 'lets go look for more pages together' scene till next episode would have improve the pacing of the show dramatically. Right now, that scene seemed really rushed and forced.

Still, the character designs are enough for me to follow this show. Also gotta love girls fencing with each other, though the fight in the latter half needed some more 'speed' to be more exciting. They were like moving in SloMo the entire time, unlike the first fight. >_>
Old 2006-01-14, 00:59   Link #44
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

well iam a great fan of the author that made this show(same author for steel angel kurumi, ufo princess, etc). although iam a fool for any bishoujo animes, the character/bgm/animation are just perfect for this series. cant wait to see more ^^!

btw i just dled f-b and nameless eps and compared, nameless subs are way off at somepoints so just wanted u guys to know

edit: i would like to add that 13 eps is kinda short so iam thinkin there will be a season 2
Old 2006-01-14, 02:42   Link #45
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
My major gripe with EPS 1 is how fast sister and love interest became friends (first episode, so forgive me if I can't remember their names). Weren't they fighting with their most valuable possession on the line just a while ago? Shouldn't Sister be a little bit more angrier than that? Heck, I wasn't asking for much, since delaying the 'lets go look for more pages together' scene till next episode would have improve the pacing of the show dramatically. Right now, that scene seemed really rushed and forced.
Why not? They just discovered that they are fighting for the same reason. That plus seeing that "reason" step between them to stop the fight was pretty convincing. As long as sister and girlfriend don't want the same thing from him, there isn't any reason not to team up. And even then, they probably don't want to alienate him by off-ing the other.

Works for me.

I'm not sure if anyone cares, but surely I'm not the only one weird enough to freeze frame on the book of the nameless girl whose pages were lost, but I found it amusing that part of it seemed to be a bizarre rant by the production staff about the way they are treated by their supervisor. I took the trouble to copy it here in case anyone else is curious, but too lazy to find it for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagihime episode 1
Viewer, hello of you
The production site is vital
Permanent Alice has seeing in the light.
However, the permanent Alice the
production staff is really embarassed.
It bites and it exists.
Supervisor's selfishness.
The nature that completely has it is lost.
It is extraudinary and it is an aunt though
it is so in the face.
The voice is also annoying and it doesn't
make is so that surroundings may come.
The with one's own way I and Houdini.
I wonder if future episodes will continue this rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx
edit: i would like to add that 13 eps is kinda short so iam thinkin there will be a season 2
I'd like to see a few more episodes before I conclude that there is too much story to fit in 13 episodes.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-14, 15:30   Link #46
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone cares, but surely I'm not the only one weird enough to freeze frame on the book of the nameless girl whose pages were lost, but I found it amusing that part of it seemed to be a bizarre rant by the production staff about the way they are treated by their supervisor. I took the trouble to copy it here in case anyone else is curious, but too lazy to find it for themselves.
thats interesting, lol. i still dont get what half it means. care to explain it? :P
Old 2006-01-14, 17:49   Link #47
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
My major gripe with EPS 1 is how fast sister and love interest became friends ....
That was one of the things I liked best. And a similar thing happens in ep2. I love it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-01-15, 03:47   Link #48
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

Is it just my imagination or are Liddell (at the end of ep 1) and the librarian the same person?
Old 2006-01-15, 15:26   Link #49
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Episode 01 Screencaps

Just watched the first episode...

Spoiler:
Go go fanservice!
Very nice indeed, gotta keep watching this!

Alice is very nice, but Kisa might be even nicer, esp. seeing the caps of ep. 2
Old 2006-01-15, 15:29   Link #50
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytrivo
Is it just my imagination or are Liddell (at the end of ep 1) and the librarian the same person?
They look different to me.

Anyway, so it seems the girls that are features in ED will only be episodic enemies and not part of the story. Thats a shame since some of the character designs/weapons look interesting.

Edit- Nope, meant interesting. It's curse of typing fast and not looking at the screen + mind and fingers not on same wavelength.

Last edited by ayyo; 2006-01-15 at 15:50.
Old 2006-01-15, 15:30   Link #51
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
They look different to me.

Anyway, so it seems the girls that are features in ED will only be episodic enemies and not part of the story. Thats a shame since some of the character designs/weapons look introducing.
I think you mean "intriguing", not "introducing"...
Old 2006-01-15, 19:30   Link #52
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
I gotta say, that was some of the most questionable stuff I've watched in recent memory. This show screams fanservice, from the sticking-the-key-in-the-girls-chest-followed-by-moaning to the transformation sequence (the first part is larger breasts). As for animation, it's decent. Not as good as I would expect for a first episode, but definitely palatable. Unfortunately, the plot is not nearly interesting enough to keep me watching.
wow, and i thought that the fanservice shown was not as much as other animes. it had a good amount, perfect for the comedy.

p.s. Lina Inverse, what anime is ur sig based off of?
Old 2006-01-15, 19:54   Link #53
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

That is in the upcoming b-game based anime, Soul Link, as any Shuffle forum goer would know. XD Go to Shuffle forum's Soul Link thread for more details.

As for fanservice, I guess it depends on what you consider it as. I myself consider it showing some skin. In this case, Kagihime is far from Fanservicey, though some would disagree. It's just that I find that the cute moan is already widespread in anime and anyone who is familiar with shounen mahou shoujo series would have seen far worse already. (I'm looking at you, Ultimate Girls!)
Old 2006-01-16, 00:24   Link #54
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Kagihime makes to compare it more and more with Princess Tutu with their usage of fairy-tales for their central theme plot.

But differences are bluntly obvious:
1. Princess Tutu uses mainly Swan Lake, Ugly Duckling, and Nutcracker themes.
Kagihime uses Alice in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass stories.

2. It's gratifying that the writers decided not to beat around the bush with the lesbian characters. Meaning that Kisa-chan unshamelessly expresses her love toward Kiraha, even imagining fantastic scenarios between the two of them; watch it! I said fanstastic not naughty.
There's no shoujo-ai in Princess Tutu.

3. The swan, duck, and raven are most used birds as symbols for Princess Tutu.
The hares and rabbit are characteristic for Kagihime.

4. The soundtrack for both are based or revolve around fairy-tale themes, however, Princess Tutu uses ballet while Kagihime uses 'cosplay' magic.

The soundtrack is cute and goes now in my waiting list.

Lots of stuff is revealed......
Spoiler:

The voice who spoke to Kisa-chan, just to let you all know, also voiced Mepple in Pretty Cure.

And found perplexing and somewhat unhealthy Kisa-chan's otaku obsession for Kiraha, just to add.
Old 2006-01-16, 02:37   Link #55
Thelastguardian

Oh My God the Yuri!!!! *faint*

I am serious; the yuri in episode 2 is too much for me to handle. I just couldn't stop giggling and running out of breath. If that Kisa-chan is a guy, this would be a criminal offense. Collecting the girl's personal items and smelling her panties! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggg

Maybe that's why I couldn't finished Kannazuki no Miko.

Ahem.

Even if we leave the yuri part out of the story, there is a lot in the story that is good material for kuso.

For example in episode 2, it was revealed that Aruto-kun can copy other girls' stories without tearing them out (which has been highly objectable, to me).
He could become the next Nagi! Imagine, if this pokemon-style (1 monster/girl per episode), he will have a fleet of girls at his side! The Alice-girls being thankful to his kind-heartedness at not *mind-rape* their memories; and then they fall in love with him and "want to be with him".

OMG! This is too much! XDDD

At least we get to see a new cute costoms for each episode.
Old 2006-01-16, 03:05   Link #56
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Kagihime makes to compare it more and more with Princess Tutu with their usage of fairy-tales for their central theme plot.

But differences are bluntly obvious:
1. Princess Tutu uses mainly Swan Lake, Ugly Duckling, and Nutcracker themes.
Kagihime uses Alice in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass stories.

2. It's gratifying that the writers decided not to beat around the bush with the lesbian characters. Meaning that Kisa-chan unshamelessly expresses her love toward Kiraha, even imagining fantastic scenarios between the two of them; watch it! I said fanstastic not naughty.
There's no shoujo-ai in Princess Tutu.

3. The swan, duck, and raven are most used birds as symbols for Princess Tutu.
The hares and rabbit are characteristic for Kagihime.

4. The soundtrack for both are based or revolve around fairy-tale themes, however, Princess Tutu uses ballet while Kagihime uses 'cosplay' magic.
[/SPOILER]

The voice who spoke to Kisa-chan, just to let you all know, also voiced Mepple in Pretty Cure.

And found perplexing and somewhat unhealthy Kisa-chan's otaku obsession for Kiraha, just to add.
Sorry, I have to disagree here, matching Kagihime to Princess Tutu makes as much sense as matching any other collect item with a non sci fi/fantasy/modern theme. You're really reaching here.

I could also reach and say Kagihime can compare more and more to Rozen Maiden, but, it doesn't and it isn't.
Old 2006-01-16, 03:14   Link #57
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagihime episode 1
Viewer, hello of you
Permanent Alice has seeing in the light.
However, the permanent Alice the
production staff is really embarassed.
It bites and it exists.
Supervisor's selfishness.
The nature that completely has it is lost.
it is so in the face.
The voice is also annoying and it doesn't
make is so that surroundings may come.
The with one's own way I and Houdini.
Quote:
thats interesting, lol. i still dont get what half it means. care to explain it? :P
Sure, if you'd like I'll try to translate from Engrish to English. Mind you, there are parts I don't get myself, so there will still be some gibberish in my translation. I wish I had someone to do a TC for me.

Translation:
Hello dear viewer,
to enlighten you with Permanent Alice.
However the permanent Alice has
really embarassed the production staff.
It bites the big one and yet we don't fix it.
This is because of the Supervisor's selfishness.
The site's nature is completely lost as a result.
it is so in your face.
The sound is also annoying and it doesn't
try to fit in with its surroundings.
Both I and Houdini have our own ways.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-16, 11:37   Link #58
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Well...If the implied yuri's as bad as some of you say...O_o

But I just hope it turns out more than just these things: harem, controversial issues and basically tossing the original storyline aside as a main focus.

Edit: Okay, now I don't see the big deal about the yuri-implied stuff...It's just controversial...but isn't the so-called loli-discussion about Shakugan no Shaan controversial? Isn't the yuri-implied stuff in Mai Otome controversial? As I learned from someone else, we need to simply sit down and look at the good parts rather than the bad parts.

Episode 2 made me realise more things about the Alice's Users:
Spoiler:

And regarding the episode itself...
Spoiler:

We do the yuri stuff, and now there's also the brother complex for Kiraha as well. ^^''' What Guido said about the possible scenarios is a very good idea...And it seems that Aruto is not the only male that might be able to move in Wonder Space and do something about the Endless Alice, as well...
Spoiler:

And that's what I like about this anime. Not giving out too many hints that will give away many things, and a slow build up to a plot. The fanservice, though, was definitely an enjoyable bonus...

Last edited by Owaranai Destiny; 2006-01-16 at 13:27.
Old 2006-01-16, 17:48   Link #59
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
wow, and i thought that the fanservice shown was not as much as other animes. it had a good amount, perfect for the comedy.

p.s. Lina Inverse, what anime is ur sig based off of?
Her name is Aki Nitta from Soul Link, which is soon coming from the same guys who did Shuffle!
Click on my sig pic to go to her thread

Can't wait to see ep.2 with the Yuri girl!
Old 2006-01-22, 12:26   Link #60
CaiSter21

does anyone know which fansubs has better releases based on the quality and translation?

Froth-Bite or Nameless-Anime?
Closed Thread

Tags
kaishaku, kemonomimi, shounen