AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-29, 00:27   Link #61
Undertaker

here we goes again, there is no evidence to back that up other than Zoro has swords which is effective against Luffy's rubber...

The only time they fought it's was a stalemate and Luffy arguabaly had a slight advantage...

I'm gonna stop right here though, like Kuma said here comes the shit storm and I'm walking right into it...
Old 2012-12-29, 00:32   Link #62
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

This debate seems to be heading in a strange direction here. Zoro and Luffy are comparable, but Luffy has a clear advantage in adaptability and mobility. Looks like I am in the shit storm as well, someone pull me and Undertaker out.
Old 2012-12-29, 00:35   Link #63
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^Monster Trio and Supernovas
I think it is true. Out of all monster trio Luffy and Sanji have shown there stuff off. Out of the supernovas Luffy and Law have shown there skills has well. But Zoro is the only one who getting screwed. Also out of everyone in the Straw Hats Luffy and Zoro are the only supernovas. Sanji is only compared to Luffy and Zoro because he is part of the monster trio and that is not official title like supernova is.
Luffy and Sanji haven't shown off their full capabilities, much like Zoro. You're looking for Zoro to face a worthy opponent, but that's probably not going to happen right now.

The supernova title isn't exactly indicative of the person's fighting caliber. Any pirate can obtain that designation if they have a bounty of 100 million or more. And we've known for a long while now that bounty doesn't accurately reflect strength.
Old 2012-12-29, 01:02   Link #64
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I know Luffy(Supernova) has not been pushed to his limits but Sanji is another story. But both of them got to show off there improvements on better caliber people or in really big situations (Like the arch falling on fisherman Island). Law(Supernova) cuts open a whole mountain and takes Vergo down. All Zoro(Supernova) gets to do is clear rocks from a track, open wholes in metal walls, be a baby sitter, and fight with Monet. Ya go Zoro, you get the shit jobs! Supernova is still a title and if you put most of these bounties against each other I think they would be consistent with there rankings showing higher bounties stronger then lower bounties.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-12-29 at 01:09. Reason: changed babe to baby the correction is in underline
Old 2012-12-29, 01:06   Link #65
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There is no need to rush, it just Caesar after all. No need to rock the boat grey 1960, there are stronger enemies to come just be patient like everyone else.
Old 2012-12-29, 01:18   Link #66
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Supernova is still a title and if you put most of these bounties against each other I think they would be consistent with there rankings showing higher bounties stronger then lower bounties.
If you want to go by that logic, Zoro is by far one of the weakest supernovas. After all, his 120 million bounty doesn't compare to Kidd's 470, Law's frozen 440, Luffy's 400, Apoo's 350, or Hawkins' 320.
Old 2012-12-29, 01:30   Link #67
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I said most not all. Second Zoro's bounty has not changed since the two year time skip, everyone you just named has changed over the years because they been active. The only ones who will give Zoro a hard time would be Kidd and X Drake. Zoro's bounty will change once Oda give him a chance to be active. For now the training Mihawk gave Zoro will be used for janitorial duties and baby sitting weaker members of the crew.
Old 2012-12-29, 01:38   Link #68
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
^
I said most not all. Second Zoro's bounty has not changed since the two year time skip, everyone you just named has changed over the years because they been active. The only ones who will give Zoro a hard time would be Kidd and X Drake. Zoro's bounty will change once Oda give him a chance to be active. For now the training Mihawk gave Zoro will be used for janitorial duties and baby sitting weaker members of the crew.
Updated or not, it doesn't matter. It's not just strength that determines a bounty, but circumstances and other factors as well (such as threat and activity). You can't make an exception for just Zoro. The point is, the values of bounties aren't attributed to just strength alone. And even accounting for Zoro's updated bounty (whenever they get around to doing that), it wouldn't be greater than Luffy's. So going by the bounty=strength logic, Zoro would still be weaker than Luffy, Law, and Kidd, at the very least. As for the statement of only Kidd and X Drake giving Zoro a hard time, that's completely baseless.
Old 2012-12-29, 01:39   Link #69
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Luffy can use conqueror's haki. There's no argument for this because of that. The boy can defeat most enemies without even having to lift a finger now.

And while I agree all the members of the Strawhats are due for a bounty increase to reflect their power increase, that certainly doesn't put Zoro above Luffy.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-12-29 at 01:55.
Old 2012-12-29, 02:07   Link #70
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Updated or not, it doesn't matter. It's not just strength that determines a bounty, but circumstances and other factors as well (such as threat and activity). You can't make an exception for just Zoro. The point is, the values of bounties aren't attributed to just strength alone. And even accounting for Zoro's updated bounty (whenever they get around to doing that), it wouldn't be greater than Luffy's. So going by the bounty=strength logic, Zoro would still be weaker than Luffy, Law, and Kidd, at the very least. As for the statement of only Kidd and X Drake giving Zoro a hard time, that's completely baseless.
Bounties
That is why I said most not all. If I were to say all then you would be right about me making Zoro the exception. Look at the case with Bellmay and Luffy. The pirates in the bar laughed at luffy, but once they saw the 100,000,000 bounty they freaked. Thats how pirates treat each other. Another case Chapter 644 page 8 Monet talks about the Straw hats and there bounty. She says "there strength may be above this". I look at it that way because that how pirates treat one another. They look at the bounty to gauge the strength and get some sense of who they are dealing with if they have nothing to go on. Can some bounties be under or over estimate the individual? Yes. But over all the higher you go in most cases the stronger they are.
Old 2012-12-29, 02:10   Link #71
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Agreed that bounties are a general good indicator of someone's strength. All I'm saying is that we're not to treat them as absolutes. Am I correct to presume you're a big Zoro fan?
Old 2012-12-29, 02:35   Link #72
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I like Zoro, but I don't know if I consider myself a fan. I like to gauge people for there strength and when I am convinced at where the information leads I stick with my answer till there is evidence supporting or against my conclusion.

But I am a Fan of: X drake, Admirals, Coby, Hina, Smoker, Croc, Enel, Shiliew, Garp, Ace, and Robin.
Old 2012-12-29, 05:47   Link #73
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Love how Kuma willingly jumps into the shitstorm after predicting it.

I'd say something but this topic is so goddamn discussed to death and all it does is loop over and over until no consensus is reached.
Old 2012-12-29, 06:23   Link #74
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Well I'm a Sanji fan, so all I'm going to say is that I believe Sanji to be underrated mainly because swords are cool and Oda seems to like having Sanji act as the clown of the crew these days. But Sanji has a history of carrying the crew when they need saving, so I'm pretty sure we will continue to see him do that.
Old 2012-12-29, 06:55   Link #75
ronin myael
lost ronin

this topic again? *facepalms* i'd rather stay out of it since i might get slashed or kicked to death by fanboys.

but i do have to pose this question, if vergo is the top guy in doffy's crew and law was able to defeat him, then who else would be powerful enough to fight the straw hats and law or even smoker besides doffy himself?
Old 2012-12-29, 09:08   Link #76
andy

Well it going to be a long wait until next chapter so off topic talk is going to happen .
Old 2012-12-29, 13:08   Link #77
Undertaker

If just funny that on hand grey_1960 is using bounty as his main argument and when it was rebuffed, he add that there are exceptions to the bounty argument.

Well, what makes Zoro an exception to the rule and Sanji can't be the exception himself.

Less not forget, all Supernova is was a term referred to rookies 100million+ bounty. Caribou and Coribou would have being referred as one if he was there 2 years ago.

Heck even right now both of their bounties is higher than Zoro's and Caribou's bounties is even higher than the updated Killer's bounty....

And we've seen that at this point even Franky can treat Caribou like he's just a pest..

The exceptions are piling up friend...

I love Zoro, but there is really no argument that can put him above Luffy right now, comparable? sure, equal? maybe, above? no.

I mean attribute-wise, Zoro's one advantage would be his strength and ability to with stand attack, yet he himself notd various time that Luffy to be a freak in both attributes.

Not to mention so far we've see Luffy pushed 2 buildings apart to free himself without using Gear 3rd, yet Zoro still needs his swords to get out of a chimney...
Old 2012-12-29, 13:57   Link #78
janipani

There is no question. There is no way anyone from Luffy's crew could beat him in fight. With Zoro it could take long time, but eventually Luffy would always win. I think this has been suggested during manga many times.

And as described above, luffy is not just devil fruit user, he is also insanely strong. He can carry giant ball of solid gold and that happened long time ago. He is also insanely fast and has insanely good reflexes.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-12-29, 14:28   Link #79
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Can't really compare Luffy and Zoro right now especially after the time skip we haven't seen any real battle in which we could actually rate them. But considering that Luffy is the main character I doubt Zoro is stronger than him. And we all know that a person's bounty has no correlation to how strong a person in One Piece. Regarding Sanji I don't think just because he injured his leg against Vergo doesn't necessarily mean he would have lost. I'm thinking he might have a new leg ability similar to and more powerful than "Diable Jambe" he does it a lot more often now. If it were his most powerful attack I think he would use it a lot less like he did before when it was.
Old 2012-12-29, 14:42   Link #80
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Love how Kuma willingly jumps into the shitstorm after predicting it.
Better to liven up this place instead of having it degenerate into a graveyard before the next chapter, right ?

------

Alright, here's another off-topic discussion I'd like to get more people's opinions on. Pre-time-skip, how strong were Garp and Sengoku in comparison to the admirals? Were they noticeably weaker, slightly weaker, on par, slightly stronger, or noticeably stronger than the admirals? I'll post my thoughts later on.