AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-23, 00:05   Link #601
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

The MIB appear! Unlike Kanon, I don't recognize the voice at all, but seeing as this is the same world, and that there's supposed to be some cross over in characters, I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

So, Frau's mom was the director of the Giant Robot show that seems to have had a huge effect on Aiki (and her sister) in their love for robots. Though, presumably something happened that caused the sister to drop her love for robots. With the news that the crew were all murdered, I'm going to go out on a very short limb here and presume that there's more to that show than being a Sunday cartoon.

Interesting news about the exo-skeletons going out of control. Related to solar flares? With Misa and the store clerk being close friends, I'm going to guess that store clerk's exo-skeleton is what the newscast was talking about. Possible flag?

Old, tooth-missing, robotics man puzzles me. He only now realizes Aiki is as into robots as her older sister was?

I wonder who "Tag" is. Maybe that's Misa? It's interesting that we've yet to see any actual interaction in the present between Misa and the "cast", but the way Kaito has spoken of her makes it sound like he still keeps in contact with her. Aika, however, despite appearing to revere her sister, seems to be avoiding her. I could see this being a way Kaito keeps in touch with Misa, to avoid whatever seems to be going on between Aika and her sister.

As for the top 3 players, I'm betting none of them are cheaters, and that they all "suffer" from time-related issues like Kaito does.

So, that call that came in on the pokecoms...was Kogame Kogame in reference to the Japanese nursery rhyme/game? It would certainly be an apropos thing to be playing just before the MIB arrive! Though, I guess the question is who sent it? Invisible ghost-girl/ai/whatever?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 00:54   Link #602
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

omg that end card, i was drinking soda and nearly spit it out laughing. it really had impact!!

haha
cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 01:46   Link #603
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Caught up to episode 7. This is a seriously good show when I take all 7 episodes in context. The gradual build up to a very interesting mystery that is adding to the suspense is very effective at building up my anticipation to what's to come next. In episode 6, when Yashio was going to take the stairs to the basement, I'm practically yelling.... don't go down, don't go down. This has become my most anticipated show, right behind Zetsuen no Tempest. I'm also a fan of characters like Yashio (in daily life too) who is non-intrusive, laid-back, and knows to assert himself without subverting anyone.

There has been a severe drought of mystery anime (supernatural doesn't count) that has lasted years and now suddenly, we have at least 4 new series that has good to very-good stories emerged into this new season. It's a delight to be a mystery-fan this season that's for sure.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 02:05   Link #604
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
The MIB appear! Unlike Kanon, I don't recognize the voice at all, but seeing as this is the same world, and that there's supposed to be some cross over in characters, I certainly wouldn't be surprised.
Some people already recognize the voice on this forum, and her name is clearly stated in the credits for ep7.

[portion removed as there is chance it will be tied together later. Also, please do NOT hint or spoil from the VN.]

Last edited by monir; 2012-11-23 at 02:35.
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 06:48   Link #605
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
http://roboticsnotes.tv/story/episode/#ep7
Looks like the next episode will be intense.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 06:50   Link #606
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep, MIB suddenly came at the ending. They most probably setting up their Neuralyzer when they’re shown reaching their pockets, ready to flash those kids .

Anyway, the episode adds more pieces of puzzle to complete the big picture. Very exciting! Also, if that girl at the end is indeed a certain character from a certain anime series, that’ll be nice.

And LOL at Frau Bow . Well, we already have our Char in this anime. More character references are welcomed.
Old 2012-11-23, 07:59   Link #607
Gundamx

Let's hope that they are MIB and not SERN!
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 08:29   Link #608
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Let's hope that they are MIB and not SERN!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ics-notes-game
> the scan shows her as an adult working as a young researcher at Japan's JAXA space agency.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 09:27   Link #609
Gohan78
Awakened One

Wild speculation: Gunvarrel's last episode was going to reveal the truth about the solar flares. Therefore the staff was silenced by NASA. The director is either captive or in hiding.

I also think that Subaru's mom was involved in one of those EXOSKELETON accidents.

I am liking this show more and more each week. This is one well crafted mistery.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 09:49   Link #610
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
lol Frau Bow, I keep thinking the same thing too, but it's Frau Kojiro.
I know. I used Frau Bow because Aki asked if she could call her that last week, which was yet another Gundam reference both the french and english subs completely missed. The translators must not be Gundam fans.
Old 2012-11-23, 10:53   Link #611
tsunade666

The hell happen at episode 7. Shit turns real and someone when that girl shows up it reminds me of a bat sh*t insane loli from its predecessor but it looks like robotics;note won't turn into bloody hell like that one.

Well its shaping into a good one and Frau is kinda cute there in the scene where she tells about her mother.
Old 2012-11-23, 12:45   Link #612
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 07 - 宇宙 Space Number One

The use of the Kagome Kagome game as a motif... not the first time I've encountered such a thing in a work by these guys. Though the circumstances were way different that time. I think Subaru will find a way to get back in the robot game. If he's hanging around the club, he obviously doesn't want to leave. And the revelation about Kona/Frau's parental relations ties everything together even further. The disparate elements are starting to fall into place. I wonder if Nae's the one who sent the message. She's lived around technology her whole life, so such a thing would probably be second nature to her. The cuts between Misa and Aki were also nice - you'd think they were mother and daughter, but even as sisters, it's amazing how much they're alike.

Also, really excited to see GunBuild-1 get up and running. Maybe this thing can fly if Aki's able to get enough funding.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 14:38   Link #613
ookamigirl

Subaru missing school.
Aki was worried about that.
That Kona girl is seriously weird.
Looks like Subaru's dream is over 'cause of his dad.
Aki is the only one who didn't give up on him.
Yashio with Kona catching in-game cheaters.
Well, at least Subaru is back ^^
The giant robot building is going well too.
Seems like the dead man's research is coming true as well.
The men in black sudden appearance was interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 14:48   Link #614
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Those Men In Black...
What exactly are they looking for specifically from the robot club? They shouldn't have done anything in particular to get their attention.
The only possible explanation that comes to mind is that they noticed some kind of "disturbance in the force" when Kaito manifested his powers during the event, just like the EXO corporation did.

It could be related to Kaito meddling with Airi and that secret facility, but in that case they should have looked for Kaito specifically and not the whole robotic club. Why would they even assume that they are all involved in that?

Some of those men in black looked more like yakuza than special agents, by the way...
Naturally the fact that the boss happens to be the only girl and the youngest to boot (without mentioning other obvious things) has absolutely nothing to do with pandering and it's absolutely realistic.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 20:19   Link #615
blewin

I think the black men come either for Kaito's "extraordinary" performance at the robot competition and so requires him to help them with some scientific experiments, OR they notice Kaito accessing the dead guy's data and comes to silence him?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 22:56   Link #616
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
So, that call that came in on the pokecoms...was Kogame Kogame in reference to the Japanese nursery rhyme/game? It would certainly be an apropos thing to be playing just before the MIB arrive! Though, I guess the question is who sent it? Invisible ghost-girl/ai/whatever?
Yes, that's the Kogame song that was played just before the MIB arrival. It's also the music that was playing when Kai found the machine in the tower basement an episode or two back. I knew I recognized the tune then, but I couldn't quite identify it. As soon as I heard the name "Kagome" mentioned in ep 7, I mentally snapped my fingers and thought, "THAT's the song that was playing back then in the machine room!"

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 23:08   Link #617
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Interesting that Frau's mom was the director. Didn't expect to see MIB in here. Wonder if Kai will talk about that machine the basement.
Old 2012-11-23, 23:15   Link #618
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Wild speculation: Gunvarrel's last episode was going to reveal the truth about the solar flares. Therefore the staff was silenced by NASA. The director is either captive or in hiding.

I also think that Subaru's mom was involved in one of those EXOSKELETON accidents.
I was thinking the same thing for the first part and oooh, I like the exoskeleton theory.
And wow, wasn't expecting that character to show up so soon, had to look at the cast list (only time i've actually been happy that Funi puts in the effort to translate it each week) and yep, it's who everyone thinks it is, can we actually say their name yet?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 02:56   Link #619
jte742

Subaru was rather entertaining in the latter part of the episode - first with him going tsundere outside the hangar, and then finding out from the robot doctor that his costume really wasn't that good.

I wonder what the relationship between Aki and Misa is like. From what little we see, they were closer before than they are now. Aki seems to miss Misa, but Misa doesn't seem to care much for Aki - she declined Aki's call, and hung up on the shop owner when she suggested that Misa call Aki. It would be also interesting to find out who or what forced Misa to give up her dream of finishing the giant robot.

[hinting]

Last edited by monir; 2012-11-24 at 03:26. Reason: Please do NOT hint. Hinting is a form of spoiler too.
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 03:31   Link #620
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post

I am liking this show more and more each week. This is one well crafted mistery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I was thinking the same thing for the first part and oooh, I like the exoskeleton theory.
And wow, wasn't expecting that character to show up so soon, had to look at the cast list (only time i've actually been happy that Funi puts in the effort to translate it each week) and yep, it's who everyone thinks it is, can we actually say their name yet?
I agree. That seems to be the likely scenario. I am also guessing that nursery rhyme and that transmission is a way to get the truth out.

If all the ; series are the same universe, is this series in the Steins;Gate timeline or the other alternate timelines?

Tags
science fiction