AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 05:55   Link #261
Soji

Allen@ Thanks for the summary.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Algester@Same here.
We probally need to wait the next vol to see their reaction.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:23   Link #262
Ghanw
(-_-)

Based on the quote of what Izayoi said that "your highness" and he will someday fight to death, does that mean your highness has equal strength to Izayoi, even though Izayoi has the power to destroy a star?
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:55   Link #263
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Based on the quote of what Izayoi said that "your highness" and he will someday fight to death, does that mean your highness has equal strength to Izayoi, even though Izayoi has the power to destroy a star?
Ok even though he has the power to destroy a star, it doesn't mean "highness" doesn't either..... Everything isn't about offense either.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 17:06   Link #264
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Even if the punches of Izayoi can destroy a star (which we aren't even sure because he hasn't done it yet but just a metaphor to his strength but that is not proven) that's just his brute strength. Speed wise he is the same as kuroiusagi or probably faster but that's it. His most scary part is his brute strength which his fist connects at cosmic speed and hits like crazy but well.... its punches he can be injured thus can be killed.

Anyone who has a decent brains can form a strategy based on his abilities and find weakness on it to kill or beat him
Old 2013-02-24, 17:08   Link #265
blackwhite67
Banned

His Highness has the same Gift as Izayoi and he may have the advantage when it comes to a battle since he actually knows what the Gift is.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 17:20   Link #266
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Ok even though he has the power to destroy a star, it doesn't mean "highness" doesn't either..... Everything isn't about offense either.
uh it kinda does when you have someone who can punch with the power of a star. Of course, offense wouldn't be everything if the opponent is more or less somewhere around izayoi's level. Which is what is going on with the highness and izayoi so far.

Though it seems to me that Izayoi has never fought at his best yet nor does he know the extent of his abilities. When it was said he could destroy a star, it didn't sound like a metaphor. Theres no point in giving false information to an already powerful character afterall.
bloodyclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 17:40   Link #267
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post
uh it kinda does when you have someone who can punch with the power of a star. Of course, offense wouldn't be everything if the opponent is more or less somewhere around izayoi's level. Which is what is going on with the highness and izayoi so far.

Though it seems to me that Izayoi has never fought at his best yet nor does he know the extent of his abilities. When it was said he could destroy a star, it didn't sound like a metaphor. Theres no point in giving false information to an already powerful character afterall.
you haven't tried reading stories where the mc is weak and fighting opponent that are impossible to win are you? where the mc uses his brain and find weakness and for a strategy and tactic based on it. Sure a huge difference in strength will make it harder to win but every technique has a weakness.

Even if Izayou has the power to destroy a star it won't do if it won't hit or if he falls into a trap or been tricked or been put into a corner or blackmailed or lots of possible ways to beat him

it won't do one good just to see things as face value because of power levels. Power levels aren't absolute.

And I don't know if his highness has the same gift as Izayoi.

its only been hinted that Izayoi might be one of the ones with "origin"? not sure on the term but its the term connected greatly to little garden or rather the higher ups or secret. I can't remember it well on the words use to describe it but its supposedly here someone.

I haven't read that your highness has the same gift as Izayoi. The unknown gift but maybe it has the same nature or almost the same but maybe not. Naming a gift as unknown can give the author lots of excuse to do something less expected from what expected or even if expected will be come unexpected because its easy to predict that ones been tricked that it is wrong.
Old 2013-02-24, 18:12   Link #268
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
you haven't tried reading stories where the mc is weak and fighting opponent that are impossible to win are you? where the mc uses his brain and find weakness and for a strategy and tactic based on it. Sure a huge difference in strength will make it harder to win but every technique has a weakness.

Even if Izayou has the power to destroy a star it won't do if it won't hit or if he falls into a trap or been tricked or been put into a corner or blackmailed or lots of possible ways to beat him

it won't do one good just to see things as face value because of power levels. Power levels aren't absolute.

And I don't know if his highness has the same gift as Izayoi.

its only been hinted that Izayoi might be one of the ones with "origin"? not sure on the term but its the term connected greatly to little garden or rather the higher ups or secret. I can't remember it well on the words use to describe it but its supposedly here someone.

I haven't read that your highness has the same gift as Izayoi. The unknown gift but maybe it has the same nature or almost the same but maybe not. Naming a gift as unknown can give the author lots of excuse to do something less expected from what expected or even if expected will be come unexpected because its easy to predict that ones been tricked that it is wrong.
I have read enough shounen to see where your coming from and I definitely agree. I also agree that in the setting and universe that Izayoi is in, his power is more or less equalized from what I've read through this thread.

But in a general sense, It does matter if the gap is too large. You wont see krillin beating goku no matter how much technique or strategy he puts out. A punch with the power of star would mean he wouldn't need to touch a weaker opponent to vaporize them and his durability to withstand that kind of speed and destructive power means that the trap, in effect, need to nullify said power.

Of course, no argument there, since there are powers in mondaiji that equalizes his.
Old 2013-02-24, 18:34   Link #269
EnigmaticAxiom

Since it's the weekend, here's a rough trans. Not guaranteeing accuracy, since my grammar is probably weak.

Spoiler for Volume 6, Chapter 8:
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 18:47   Link #270
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
Since it's the weekend, here's a rough trans. Not guaranteeing accuracy, since my grammar is probably weak.

great read! thanks enigmatic.

Izayoi and highness make great rivals. Hopefully this light novel will get translated at BT >.<
Old 2013-02-24, 19:01   Link #271
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:

(。♥‿♥。)

MDJ is in dire need of a translation project. Maybe Allen and EnigmaticAxiom can collaborate and work on one!
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:10   Link #272
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Huh. From the previous spoilers I assumed it would be an even fight, but that seemed more like Izayoi just beating His Highness senseless.
Old 2013-02-24, 19:20   Link #273
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia View Post
(。♥‿♥。)

MDJ is in dire need of a translation project. Maybe Allen and EnigmaticAxiom can collaborate and work on one!
It's on my list of things to read, and that's about it, I guess? Unlike Vanadis (and I suppose volume 1 of Parabellum, eventually), I don't plan on translating/releasing anything unless I can get a proper TLC to guarantee accuracy. LNs are the way I learn the language, so I don't have confidence in anything I translate, really. Even if people here don't mind, I do, and, honestly, I don't see why others can't take the time to do what I do. Even if you can only get one or two pages done, eventually it leads to a larger story which you can read all at once. That's pretty much what I've been doing recently while juggling work, class, and socializing. Using an excuse of "I can't read this language (the majority of which have never bothered to even try for more than a few days)" is an annoyance akin to some girl says "I can't afford XYZ" when she's clearly 1) obese, 2) a chain smoker, 3) getting $50+ manicures and haircuts. Stop pigging out, stop spending $5-10 on smokes, and cut off your damn fingers, you money grubbing whore.

Rant aside, Maybe Allen can do a TLC, or maybe he can't. Even if he reads the story, I don't know his proficiency in Chinese (the language he reads it in), or English. Even if he could, I'd rather not spread the joy I might have because I'm a selfish ass hole. Honestly speaking, Vanadis was a bit of a "I'm feeling generous" moment, even if it was a crap machine translation, and I feel the need to follow through with what I started, even if it goes against what I want to do at times :x

I'm sure you can tell, but I'm frustrated from plenty of things not related to everyone here (though it's possible the people that brought about this annoyance frequent this forum). None of these words are implied to any individual specifically.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:25   Link #274
Soji

EnigmaticAxiom@ Thanks for the traslation I was really curious about this part.
And was really interesting see Izayoi reaction.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:30   Link #275
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

@EnigmaticAxiom
I see. It's understandable, so no worries.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 22:33   Link #276
waffler

well it looks like even izayois full strength cant beat the maous alliance thing
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 23:43   Link #277
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
how much stronger is shiroyasha than izayoi?
No idea. Shiroyasha can summon (?) like 14 dragons (14 'authorities' of the sun) as strong as the one who appeared in Underwood. Izayoi defeated one, but I don't know how he could fight against 14 of them at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As much as I like Izayoi, I don't like how mysteriously vague his powers are set up to be.
Well, it looks like the next volume will focus mainly on Izayoi and Kuro Usagi, so maybe we can finally understand better his powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunnyChan View Post
When they visited kurousagi's room, what were their reactions when they saw she had no ears? What did she say?
She was very surprised, but that was all. The mondaijis were surprised too, but You (?) even made a "joke" of the situation:
Spoiler:

Anyway, good job on the chapter @EnigmaticAxiom. It was nice reading this chapter for like... the 5th/6th time.
And I'm reading the original source and I have a JLPT1 certificate here... But I don't trust myself so much. I'm way better with numbers than with words
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 00:48   Link #278
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

so Kuro Usagi (Black Rabbit) become Kurosagi (Black Swindle)? Has she got gift to take money from Shirosagi?
Old 2013-02-25, 01:15   Link #279
PinkBunnyChan

I'm really curious now. I hope someone can translate volume 7 soon haha
PinkBunnyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 02:21   Link #280
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post

But in a general sense, It does matter if the gap is too large. You wont see krillin beating goku no matter how much technique or strategy he puts out. A punch with the power of star would mean he wouldn't need to touch a weaker opponent to vaporize them and his durability to withstand that kind of speed and destructive power means that the trap, in effect, need to nullify said power.

Of course, no argument there, since there are powers in mondaiji that equalizes his.
If the gap in power is too big then find ways to make it in even ground. Nisio Ishin, Kinoko and Kamachi works shows that kind of works.

I can see Krllin shoving his flying disk thing on Goku's ass if he let his guard down. Fighting in a straight and clean fight isn't always the best thing if you are killing someone then its less talking and more thinking in ways to efficiently kill someone Krillin can trick Goku. They are friends. Backstabbing is the norm! their is not enough despair. Uroboshi is good at writing backstabbing story and Kagami writes a good script write where two best friends ended up killing each other because they had their own views on the world.

And if you knew the authors that I named then you can say that I don't read straight shounen works or plain clean fights or at least the type where power is everything or rather there are other ways to kill someone.

Thanks enigmatic for the rough translation on the conversation between Izayoi and his highness.

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko