AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-04, 22:08   Link #1
Greenish Growth

Kakyuusei TV series

My thanks go to Anime-Faith and Miyuki-no-Tamari for fansubbing this series. I've been hoping this and the Elf version Kakyuusei OVA would get fansubbed for the past three years.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 23:29   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Unfortunately from what I understand of the OVA series we would not be able to list it on AnimeSuki if by some chance it was fansubbed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 23:38   Link #3
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Unfortunately from what I understand of the OVA series we would not be able to list it on AnimeSuki if by some chance it was fansubbed.
Could you explain further?

Why would you not be able to list it?

EDIT:

Oh wait a minute. I think I understand. There were two versions of the fourth episode released. There was the first version with the short H-scene in it and then there's the second version without the H-scene, but with added relationship dialog added near the end. You must be thinking of the first version. I prefer the second version myself because the H-scene doesn't add much compared to the ending dialog that was added to the second version.

The first version wasn't even released onto DVD. It's only out on LDs and VHS tape. It's as if Pink Pineapple were trying to disown the first version. :P

Well I guess then it would come down to which version a group decided to fansub. If they do the second version then I don't see why there would be any problem putting it here.

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2004-10-05 at 01:55.
Old 2004-10-05, 11:31   Link #4
xiaozzfei
Faith Founder&Translator

I heard another group is doing the kakyuusei ova so we might not going to do it. We will see. We got DVD raw for the kakyuusei OVA but What do you mean by version 1 and 2? As I know, only Kakyuusei ova ep4 has 2 version. one is without H-scene.
xiaozzfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 13:35   Link #5
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Smile

Well, first of all, i want to say...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! and THANK YOU!

I can't say THANK YOU! times enough to you guys for fansubtitled KAKYUUSEI - ELF VERSION TV series. That's my all-time favorite bishoujo game, and now finally i can see the anime version thanks to you guys!
Really, trully THANK YOU! And, of course, KEEP THE GOOD WORK!

Now, onto my point of view...

Very light, cute, and beautiful romantic anime show.

Good art, vibrant colours, but not very forceful. Many characters apearing in the beginning, but with only 14 episodes, i'm sure many of them will not have a great development, what is a shame.

Has some funny events too but not much, what's rather good. Too much comedy will ruin the romantic elements on this show.

Has a slow pace, but this only serves to emphatizate the romantic development between the characters, so no complains here. Even why, that's just the first episode, right? Let's to know better the characters first!

Aparently, the main girl here is MINAMIZATO AI. In the game and OVA versions, was YUUKI MIZUHO. No complains here, because of all the KAKYUUSEI girls, AI-CHAN is my favorite. Thus, to me this TV series is a dream came true.

And anyway, what you expect to see in a anime TV show called KAKYUUSEI (underclasmate)? Underclasmates, of course! If i'd want to see classmates, i will play/watch DOKYUUSEI instead.

So far, very good, and pretty much what i expect to see in KAKYUUSEI TV. I can't wait to see the 2nd episode now. (and the 3rd, and the 4th, and...)

A short phrase descripting KAKYUUSEI TV - Eps.1: "Discovering a pure first love."

Some info about KAKYUUSEI TV:
http://ho.ho.net/kakyuusei/

Some info about the symbolisms inside KAKYUUSEI TV:
http://www.anime-myth.com/index.html
http://www.three-musketeers.net/mike/Symbolism.html
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 16:39   Link #6
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaozzfei
I heard another group is doing the kakyuusei ova so we might not going to do it.
That's cool. Whenever it gets done by whoever is fine by me. I've been waiting three years so waiting another year is no problem. I'll be excited when it comes out and until then I'll keep waiting. I don't think it'll take a year though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaozzfei
We got DVD raw for the kakyuusei OVA but What do you mean by version 1 and 2? As I know, only Kakyuusei ova ep4 has 2 version. one is without H-scene.
The first version has a ?1 minute 52 second soft H-scene in it.

The second version (the only version released on region 2 DVD) doesn't have the H-scene, but has added scenes that the first version doesn't have. It includes a scene of Mizuho brushing her teeth (which isn't a huge bonus unless if you enjoy watching girls brush their teeth ).

Of more importance though is the added scene of the - "final couple"[spoiler] - discussing their relationship at the end of the episode. If I had to choose between the first versions H-scene and the "relationship" dialog that's included in the second version, I would pick the second version. I don't think it's really necessary to show the H-scene when it's already so heavily implied what they did in the second version. If you can't tell that they went to bed together after seeing the second version then you need to have your head examined.
Old 2004-10-05, 17:13   Link #7
fxho

Talking

To Anime-Faith and Miyuki-no-Tamari,

Thank you!

With the emphasis on more recent anime, I was losing hope this anime ever get licensed or fansubbed (even when I already got all the TV and OVA DVDs). But thanks to you, I am pretty sure more anime fans will enjoy and love it. As for my favorite girl (and episode), just wait for episode 7!
fxho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 17:37   Link #8
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
Good art, vibrant colours, but not very forceful. Many characters apearing in the beginning, but with only 14 episodes, i'm sure many of them will not have a great development, what is a shame.
I think they did an excellent job at telling different girls stories in the amount of time that they had. Ai and Miyuki have the main roles of course, but Mahoko, Ryoko and Reiko had good parts. Miko had a decent part in it too although I think she came off more favorable in the OVA comapred to the TV series. In the TV series she came off as being a bit of an airhead to me. In the OVA I think she came off as being more "properly naive". Tina had her comedic story told in the fourteenth episode. Mayumi seems to have had some of her story told in the TV series, but I don't think we got to a major decision point in her story. Minatsu was kind of hanging around. Shizuka-sensei, Nana-chan and Maki had very small parts in the TV series. Maki was almost non-existent.

Quote:
Has some funny events too but not much, what's rather good. Too much comedy will ruin the romantic elements on this show.
I usually prefer romantic dramas to romantic comedies. The 13th episode of the Kakyuusei TV series still makes a tear come to my eye even though I've seen it like fifteen times now. I can always rewatch that episode, but then again maybe it's just because I like Ai-chan so much.

Quote:
Aparently, the main girl here is MINAMIZATO AI. In the game and OVA versions, was YUUKI MIZUHO. No complains here, because of all the KAKYUUSEI girls, AI-CHAN is my favorite. Thus, to me this TV series is a dream came true.
Ai-chan is my favorite female character in Kakyuusei as well. She's my second favorite anime character of all time in fact.

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2004-10-05 at 19:55.
Old 2004-10-06, 09:18   Link #9
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth
I think they did an excellent job at telling different girls stories in the amount of time that they had. Ai and Miyuki have the main roles of course, but Mahoko, Ryoko and Reiko had good parts. Miko had a decent part in it too although I think she came off more favorable in the OVA comapred to the TV series. In the TV series she came off as being a bit of an airhead to me. In the OVA I think she came off as being more "properly naive". Tina had her comedic story told in the fourteenth episode. Mayumi seems to have had some of her story told in the TV series, but I don't think we got to a major decision point in her story. Minatsu was kind of hanging around. Shizuka-sensei, Nana-chan and Maki had very small parts in the TV series. Maki was almost non-existent.
True, but i was hoping something like SISTER PRINCESS REPURE, where all the girls had her episode/great development. In other words, i was hoping to see episodes for Shizuka-sensei, Minatsu, Nana-chan and Maki too.

KAKYUUSEI is my all-time favorite renai BGame because that's the very first bgame where i liked the story of ALL the girls (yeah, even Reiko!). So, i was hoping to see all of them. Oh well, i think it can't be helped.

Quote:
I usually prefer romantic dramas to romantic comedies. The 13th episode of the Kakyuusei TV series still makes a tear come to my eye even though I've seen it like fifteen times now. I can always rewatch that episode, but then again maybe it's just because I like Ai-chan so much.

Ai-chan is my favorite female character in Kakyuusei as well. She's my second favorite anime character of all time in fact.
That i can tell just looking to your avatar img.
So, let's create an Ai-chan Fanclub!!
Old 2004-10-06, 14:36   Link #10
fxho

Quote:
True, but i was hoping something like SISTER PRINCESS REPURE, where all the girls had her episode/great development. In other words, i was hoping to see episodes for Shizuka-sensei, Minatsu, Nana-chan and Maki too.

It would have been difficult to include all stories together (Kanon?), specially Tina's. Since you have already played the game, I am pretty sure you understand why. Besides, Kakyuusei is just 13+1 episodes.
fxho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 16:39   Link #11
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Well at least there were two Kakyuusei anime so that helped take some of the load off.

Quote:
KAKYUUSEI is my all-time favorite renai BGame because that's the very first bgame where i liked the story of ALL the girls (yeah, even Reiko!).
Reiko too huh? You must have thick skin.

Quote:
So, let's create an Ai-chan Fanclub!!
I'd like to know who the favorite girl is of everyone that has watched both Elf Kakyuusei anime. I've heard a number of people say that Ai-chan is too shy.
Old 2004-10-06, 19:34   Link #12
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth

I'd like to know who the favorite girl is of everyone that has watched both Elf Kakyuusei anime. I've heard a number of people say that Ai-chan is too shy.
I've watched Elf's OVA version and the TV series a long time ago, and I have to admit that it was pretty nicely done. (The TV series at least, IMHO)

As for Ai-chan, on first glance she seems to be the typical shy anime girl. (To the point where is seems she has androphobia.) But nearing the end of the series, her character becomes stronger, which is a nice change.

The OVA, however, tainted my impression of Ai-chan somewhat.
(The fact that she was dragged into a love hotel by the protaginist, and probably without a clue of what was going to happen. [or at least she didn't resist / hesitate etc])

On a side note, Kakyusei (TV) has been chinese subbed for ages, and if you can't wait to watch the series, it is an alternative to the english subs.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 20:31   Link #13
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
The OVA, however, tainted my impression of Ai-chan somewhat.
Spoiler:

The Elf OVA didn't leave me with the favorable impression of Ai-chan that the TV series did. Fortunately I had watched the TV series before watching the OVA so my impressions of her didn't change. I think the TV series took her shyness and poked some light-hearted fun at it. The OVA on the other hand (I thought) portrayed Ai-chan's shyness as being more of a troublesome or aberrational problem if you know what I mean.
Old 2004-11-24, 07:51   Link #14
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Growing desesperate...

I know i'm not supposed to ask for a release date, but...

I can't take anymore! (T_T) I waited this anime show to be fansubtitled for a long time!! Please, tell me at least if wheter or not we will see someday new episodes fansubtitled!
Old 2006-06-05, 17:25   Link #15
BomberMan

Kakyuusei

i was wounderin if yall can post Kakyuusei i got the first episode but cant find the rest and was thinkin if it might of been discontinued or something.
BomberMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 18:12   Link #16
tritoch

I think Lunar has it.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 19:20   Link #17
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
I think Lunar has it.
I believe (s)he is looking for 1999 release Kakyuusei <link 1|link 2> and not the 2004 Kakyuusei 2 ~Hitomi no Naka no Shoujotachi~ release (which Lunar has). From all my searching, I can only find the single episode of Kakyuusei that AnimeSuki has listed. I think that's all there is of the original release.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-06-05 at 20:26.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 02:13   Link #18
Greenish Growth

Yeah...so far only the first episode of the Kakyuusei TV series has been English fansubbed.

I'm sure the rest of it will get fansubbed someday.

EDIT April 29, 2010:

I was wrong. It never got English fansubbed.

I have the R2 DVDs if anyone wants to English fansub the TV series.

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2010-04-29 at 03:28.
Old 2010-12-20, 05:13   Link #19
tyciol
*Artist

GG if it was never subbed in English then how come episode 1 by Faith and MnT is still on the tracker at http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/498.html ? That seems to indicate it was English.

Was the reason 2-13+OVA are missing because they are hentai, or just because they were never done?

I have read that Kayuusei 2 is the sequel to this first series done 5 years later: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/495.html

Not totally sure why Lunar subbed this but not the original since I imagine we'd have to see the first to understand the second... collectively both of these 2 seasons seem to be retellings of Elfan Ban Kakyuusei at http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/541.html which is subbed by IYF4ever.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 21:32   Link #20
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
GG if it was never subbed in English then how come episode 1 by Faith and MnT is still on the tracker at http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/498.html ? That seems to indicate it was English.
I was referring to the rest of the TV series being English fansubbed. I said:

"I'm sure the rest of it will get fansubbed someday"

by that I meant English fansubbed.

But through the years, all my friends that were interested in it have viewed it raw. So I guess there wasn't a real need for an English translation. It was an easy enough series to understand without subtitles.