AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-19, 16:40   Link #61
Archer

You could've given me an audio clip of George and told me that it was Kokuto Mikiya from KnK and I would've believed it completely. Honestly, I can't tell a difference. The actual anime character design doesn't help much either.

Also, Eva sounds a bit too... antagonistic. It's too forced.
Old 2009-06-19, 16:43   Link #62
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
You could've given me an audio clip of George and told me that it was Kokuto Mikiya from KnK and I would've believed it completely. Honestly, I can't tell a difference. The actual anime character design doesn't help much either.

Also, Eva sounds a bit too... antagonistic. It's too forced.
I think it's because of the situation. Their clips are done during the discussion, so of course it's going to sound a little forceful.
Old 2009-06-19, 19:35   Link #63
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
I for one love Krauss' voice. If I remember...
in a certain Episode of the VN, Krauss was shown to have a slightly-altered pattern
of speech after spending time on the island, using terms as "watashi" instead of "ore", or
something like that. Maybe being surrounded by money and nothing else does something to
your voice. o_o
Old 2009-06-19, 19:47   Link #64
kimichan09
Kimiko Ashihara

Send a message via AIM to kimichan09 Send a message via MSN to kimichan09
I love all the voices! *-*
From just that little sample, I cant really judge too much since that was a pretty big conversation, you know, subject-wise. And even if Maria only said that one sentence, I think Yui did a wonderful job! Thats kinda how I thought she would sound when I heard it was Yui Horie. ^^
Even Battler's deep voice pretty much fit, especially in such a serious conversation. Maybe when it gets to the parts with him being all childish and perverted we'll hear his higher voice~ XD And if not, oh well.... its Daisuke Ono~!! <33
XDD

Created byNabiki Asakura
Old 2009-06-19, 19:58   Link #65
Saerianne
*cackle*

Ehhh. D:
Maria is horrible in my opinion. Ruldolf sounds weird.
The others are okay, though if Beato is bad I'm going to throw a huge hissifit. XD
They'll grow on me though, I think. =/
Old 2009-06-19, 20:25   Link #66
hodil
Solve me...

Hmm they used that scary music from the game... something something corridor thingy...

I'm liking Eva and Maria. Maria sounds great for an innocent scene, but when the real stuff comes in, im sure she would do great too.

I like George's voice, George and Mikiya from KnK are pretty similar character-wise.

Rosa-Kallen... I cant help but think she was acting cute and weak there...

And i think thats it, im happy for Battler-Daisuke ...At least character-wise he gave me the feel of Battler.
Old 2009-06-20, 04:54   Link #67
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
I'm itching to hear Eva's and Hideyoshi's playful normal voice.
And of course, Natsuhi's and Kyrie's and KINGzo's voice.
Old 2009-06-20, 05:26   Link #68
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ono's Battler is fine and GAR so I'm 100% ok with it.

For Maria, I might have to eat my words because Yui Horie's kiddy role voice for Maria actually sounds great. However, I need to hear her hihihihihi Maria voice to be conclusive in my opinion.

Maria Inoue's Jessica sounds fitting enough, but she sounds a wee bit too much as her other current role as Alicia in VC.

George's voice probably matches his body remake a lot, as his voice doesn't really reflect the fuller and deeper voice most chubbier people tend to have.

Krauss and Rudolph sound good enough. Hideyoshi sounds a bit off, something like his voice sounds too lean for a man of his build and penchant for bellyaching around. Also isn't he supposed to have a different intonation and maybe dialect than everyone else? I'm not really hearing it.

Rosa sounds a wee bit young, but I'm actually impressed with what Ami Koshimizu has done with it. I don't know if it's because most of the work I've heard her do tends to circle around her Horo voice, but I think she'll fit the bill eventually.

Eva sounds almost... too perfect for the role. Like everyone else I'm expecting a Takano-level of boisterous insanity when it's her turn to shine.
Old 2009-06-20, 05:46   Link #69
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
George's voice probably matches his body remake a lot, as his voice doesn't really reflect the fuller and deeper voice most chubbier people tend to have.

See, that's the thing. Is it stated anywhere that George is actually chubby? I think he is meant to be normal sized, it's just the way he ended up being drawn in the game. He doesn't look that big in my opinion. XD
Old 2009-06-20, 06:26   Link #70
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm pretty sure this issue of his body type has been discussed extensively elsewhere even with support from the people who translated the game.

And there's enough textual and contextual evidence to support his less-than-lean build anyway.
Old 2009-06-20, 06:48   Link #71
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm pretty sure this issue of his body type has been discussed extensively elsewhere even with support from the people who translated the game.

And there's enough textual and contextual evidence to support his less-than-lean build anyway.
Not really, there was more or less the same staff people in both sides. And the ingame picture with the Tomitake FLASH shirt shows him pretty much normal, not chubby but not well-builded like the anime design, either.

And really, Ryuukishi chose the Seiyuus, he knows what he is doing.
Old 2009-06-20, 06:54   Link #72
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Yeah... considering how George sounds exactly like Mikiya from KnK i'll say that's the sort of voice Ryuukishi envisioned for George...
Old 2009-06-20, 08:51   Link #73
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Not all chubby people have deeper voices... I don't know where you got that idea, because I hear a lot of people with deeper voices who happen to be skinny or average sized and a lot of chubbier people who have higher voices. Men and women. I didn't think there was any "rule" to weight making your voice a lot deeper of "fuller" or anything...

Old 2009-06-21, 07:03   Link #74
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Similar to the one already posted, but the voices interlaced over actual game images of the respective scene on niconicodouga:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7387653
Old 2009-06-21, 09:05   Link #75
nekkotakka
Cat with Talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Similar to the one already posted, but the voices interlaced over actual game images of the respective scene on niconicodouga:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7387653
Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOOYv...eature=channel
Old 2009-06-21, 11:03   Link #76
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Awesome. Still don't like Maria's voice (I liked Horie as Hanyuu, but not using the exact same voice here), and Rosa does sound too young, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the rest. Especially Rudolf (Jack Bauer, or Duke from Tales of Vesperia) and Krauss (Alexei, also from Vesperia). I fell in love with just how awesome Alexei's voice sounded in that game, so I'm more than happy to hear it pop up again.

Last edited by Varion; 2009-06-21 at 12:09.
Old 2009-06-22, 15:18   Link #77
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

My overall impression was: Krauss and Hideyoshi were fine, not as I imagined them though (Dammit! Krauss sound so proud!)... Rudolfs was.. weird, I'm having a hard time seeing Rosa's voice in "Rosa-musou" mode, and for Eva... She is Takano, takano, TAAAKANOOO~ And I love it ^o^ As far as I Battler goes I really do like him, but some parts sounded a bit weird to me... George is fine (Although I thought he was going to sound even more mature) I love Jessica~ But I don't really like Maria... I really like Yui Horie as a seiyuu but... Every time I hear Maria, Hanyuu keeps popping up in my head ;___;
Old 2009-06-22, 15:24   Link #78
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

There's a video on Nico Nico with that leaked CD clip, and for parts that weren't covered for Maria, they just substituted Hanyuu's voice in. =P

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7408714

Sad part is... if she didn't say "nanodesu" I probably wouldn't have known. ^^;
EDIT: Okay... I probably would have known... BUT IT'S STILL CLOSE!! D8

Old 2009-06-22, 15:36   Link #79
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
There's a video on Nico Nico with that leaked CD clip, and for parts that weren't covered for Maria, they just substituted Hanyuu's voice in. =P

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7408714

Sad part is... if she didn't say "nanodesu" I probably wouldn't have known. ^^;
EDIT: Okay... I probably would have known... BUT IT'S STILL CLOSE!! D8
Fudge! I thought it was a new clip T_T

I think that's Ayu, not Hanyuu being subbed in^^"
Old 2009-06-22, 16:13   Link #80
Chadauw

Well, there's some Ayu in the beginning, and some Hanyuu at the end.
Closed Thread