Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-14, 18:40   Link #181
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Well there was a fake spoiler years back which went Barry = Abuelo during Chad Vs Croissant . It seemed plausible so we eneded up comparing Abuelo's pics with Barry and they actually matched ... : ) let me find a picture of Abuelo
Found the Fake Spoiler from way way back and here was the picture comparison

Code:
Noitora: Oh don’t get so uptight. Old Espada guy: Can you not wait, you idiot? Noitora: What the hell are you doing, old man? Chad: Abuelo!! Old Espada guy: Aizen has taken an interest in this one’s powers. We’ll take him back alive. Noitora: Shit. Fine then, I’m going to bed. Chad: Abuelo! It’s me! Don’t you recognize me? It’s me, Yasutora! Old Espada guy: What the? You’re out of it.

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-05-14 at 18:52.
Old 2009-05-14, 19:01   Link #182
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Found the Fake Spoiler from way way back and here was the picture comparison

Code:
Noitora: Oh don’t get so uptight. Old Espada guy: Can you not wait, you idiot? Noitora: What the hell are you doing, old man? Chad: Abuelo!! Old Espada guy: Aizen has taken an interest in this one’s powers. We’ll take him back alive. Noitora: Shit. Fine then, I’m going to bed. Chad: Abuelo! It’s me! Don’t you recognize me? It’s me, Yasutora! Old Espada guy: What the? You’re out of it.

HA! so i'm not the only one. i was kinda hoping Chad would have a bigger role do to his Hollow Like powers.
Old 2009-05-14, 20:25   Link #183
Fran~
floating away...

Come on Oji-san make my day... kill'em all!!... you too Halibel sama... pretty please!!!

Give us some deaths!
Old 2009-05-14, 20:33   Link #184
Lendial

nuclear type hadou? yes please, lets see some bankais based around vastly amplifying hadou energy output.
Old 2009-05-14, 20:41   Link #185
Alchemist007
*Author

What the espada's are thinking: "We're strong as shit and we STILL can't kill a single one of these guys"
Old 2009-05-14, 20:55   Link #186
CCLemon

Does Soifon have a bankai? It's extremely strange that she released it up till now (assuming she has one), but she didn't ascend to captain position in a Kenpachi-esque fashion, which would indicate that she most likely does have one...

Well, if she has a bankai, best pull it out now.
Old 2009-05-14, 21:02   Link #187
sayde

^^She's got to have a Bankai. Yoruichi indirectly confirmed it a very long time ago.
Old 2009-05-14, 21:09   Link #188
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
What the espada's are thinking: "We're strong as shit and we STILL can't kill a single one of these guys"
Villains always fail at that...
Old 2009-05-14, 21:23   Link #189
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
^^She's got to have a Bankai. Yoruichi indirectly confirmed it a very long time ago.
That's right...
Old 2009-05-14, 21:23   Link #190
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

This is who i though barragan reminded me of he even has a similar scar to barragan
Old 2009-05-14, 21:34   Link #191
Alchemist007
*Author

Maybe his bro?
Old 2009-05-14, 21:59   Link #192
Lendial

kt just has a similar style when drawing geezers.
Old 2009-05-14, 23:51   Link #193
Calca
Expressionless

Lilinette is the only fraccion who is still alive.

It pays to look loli.
Old 2009-05-15, 00:08   Link #194
Alchemist007
*Author

Or to be up against someone as sympathetic as Ukitake.
Old 2009-05-15, 00:11   Link #195
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLemon View Post
Does Soifon have a bankai? It's extremely strange that she released it up till now (assuming she has one), but she didn't ascend to captain position in a Kenpachi-esque fashion, which would indicate that she most likely does have one...

Well, if she has a bankai, best pull it out now.
Thats how things happen in Bleach. While they could just show the full extent of their powers with a release/Bankai, and potentially finish the fight in 1 hit, they like to drrrraaaaagggg the entire sequence with their unreleased states.

Its like, does releasing/Bankai reduce their lifespans or anything? If you have it, just use it, what the hell.
Old 2009-05-15, 01:22   Link #196
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1ver5e View Post
Thats how things happen in Bleach. While they could just show the full extent of their powers with a release/Bankai, and potentially finish the fight in 1 hit, they like to drrrraaaaagggg the entire sequence with their unreleased states.

Its like, does releasing/Bankai reduce their lifespans or anything? If you have it, just use it, what the hell.
Im curious whats your stance on Hitsugaya as a captain?

Officially hes been known to be a very tactical captain and technically his releases are based on that. He doesnt go into battle spewing fighting principles, or trying to prove how powerful or how not-powerful he is cough*Ikkaku*cough. He does it because its is what he has to do it and believe it or not he does it with the intention of getting his job done asap.

Against Espada 6 he went, "Fuck it! As if im going to let you release, Ill bankai and 1HKO you right now!" Maximum Attack, (preemptive strike)

Or with Espada 3 he goes, "This chick is strong...Ill go bankai so I dont get unnecessary damage." Maximum Defense (Ice Illusion)

But of course Kubo has never given him a resounding victory...always giving the the guy life and death moments hoping to skip the heartbeat of his fan girls, and making them read the next chapter. Or justifying his panel time by making him a jobber to spell the out the abilities of the next group of big bads...

This has lead him wide open to jabs of him being the weaksauce captain...

Maybe Kubo is just not that good with stalling...making whatever character pretty soon to be annoying.
Old 2009-05-15, 01:42   Link #197
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Captains are all snobs, they're always competing against each other so they want to have the coolest victory they can get. So they seal their swords, kill weaklings with shunpo and kido, don't release as often as their subordinates and rarely go full-power, which means they got difficulty against a certain opponent. Kinda like what dreamer said about Ikkaku.
Old 2009-05-15, 02:00   Link #198
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Im curious whats your stance on Hitsugaya as a captain?

Officially hes been known to be a very tactical captain and technically his releases are based on that. He doesnt go into battle spewing fighting principles, or trying to prove how powerful or how not-powerful he is cough*Ikkaku*cough. He does it because its is what he has to do it and believe it or not he does it with the intention of getting his job done asap.

Against Espada 6 he went, "Fuck it! As if im going to let you release, Ill bankai and 1HKO you right now!" Maximum Attack, (preemptive strike)

Or with Espada 3 he goes, "This chick is strong...Ill go bankai so I dont get unnecessary damage." Maximum Defense (Ice Illusion)

But of course Kubo has never given him a resounding victory...always giving the the guy life and death moments hoping to skip the heartbeat of his fan girls, and making them read the next chapter. Or justifying his panel time by making him a jobber to spell the out the abilities of the next group of big bads...

This has lead him wide open to jabs of him being the weaksauce captain...

Maybe Kubo is just not that good with stalling...making whatever character pretty soon to be annoying.
Judging by the fights he's fought, he is weak, but I'll admit that he's still young(relatively) and might not have reached his peak yet, allowing more room for improvement.

I don't have anything against his fight with Halibel though. Unlike many who claim his Ice Clone Jutsu's fangirl service and all, I think it's a reasonable progression.

I'll use your reasons mentioned above. If a captain wants to finish the opponent straight away, like you said, go for Bankai. If a captain wants to prevent unnecessary damage, wouldn't Bankai, which increases his reiatsu/speed/skills aid even better? What fight does not fufil the above 2 objectives(attack/defence)?
Old 2009-05-15, 02:50   Link #199
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Or to be up against someone as sympathetic as Ukitake.
If she were up against ANYONE other than Ukitake, the loli would have died 10 chapters ago.
Old 2009-05-15, 03:41   Link #200
Alchemist007
*Author

I wonder if it was Kenpachi, though he only fights strong opponents. Maybe Yachiru could have some fun.

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion