AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 17:27   Link #721
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watanuki-kun View Post
I didn't understand you :O
Why won't I enjoy it?
Because visual novels are meant to be read, not interpreted. Imagine your favorite book. Now imagine it written in pig latin. Atlas is like that at the best of times. Sure, you can work out its meaning, but doing so will involve using your brain for every single line. If it feels like work, you stop enjoying it. If you stop enjoying it, then why are you even reading it?

Plus there's about a 70% chance atlas will misinterpret something, so even if you get a real sentence, the possibiliy of it being wrong will always weigh on your mind.

Don't read it with atlas because it wasn't meant to be read with atlas. Writers work too long and hard for some machine translator to f*ck up their script. Stress builds up for every line and you'll run out of steam eventually.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 18:35   Link #722
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Writers work too long and hard for some machine translator to f*ck up their script.
They also work too long and hard for their script not to be read you know.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 18:47   Link #723
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
They also work too long and hard for their script not to be read you know.
As someone who writes as a hobby and someone who's used atlas in combination with a kanji-romaji converter to help me translate half a game, I can assure you that I'd rather my work be burned than someone think that that machine translated garbage is an example of my writing.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 19:22   Link #724
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
As someone who writes as a hobby and someone who's used atlas in combination with a kanji-romaji converter to help me translate half a game, I can assure you that I'd rather my work be burned than someone think that that machine translated garbage is an example of my writing.
Though in principle I agree with you (I have basic to intermediate knowledge of Japanese and will be manually slogging through it), I do think it's better to read a story any way you can than not read it at all.

You either have the paitience of a saint in waiting for a translation, or the persistence of a saint in translating it yourself.
Old 2011-07-04, 01:42   Link #725
NeruNeru

Machine translation of Japanese is crap compared to languages that are more similar to English. On top of that, the writing in Rewrite is filled with a lot of clever and not-so-clever puns, which makes it hard to translate even for humans. For example:

Spoiler for Spoiler of a semi-funny joke:

My opinion is that poor translations (machine or otherwise) ruin the mood. If you're reading for educational purposes (say, learning Japanese while playing an interesting game), I'd say use every tool at your disposal to try to understand it. But if you're playing purely for an entertaining experience, then I'm with Elvin: you're going to get a lot more out of the game with a carefully written and reviewed translation than having to stop every sentence to mentally correct a poorly written one.
NeruNeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 04:51   Link #726
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeruNeru View Post
Rewrite is filled with a lot of clever and not-so-clever puns
Like that one
Spoiler for Common route:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 06:13   Link #727
Haruchin

And there is another route that is mainly for Jokes [乙月杯日(・人・)ルート] .=.= all the characters were like Oppai~ Oppai=.= I saw the route on Niconico.. =.= Kinda shock.. You have to finish Terra route [ true end] and have some requirement.
Old 2011-07-04, 07:17   Link #728
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeruNeru View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler of a semi-funny joke:
The Kanon translation had those little optional pop up boxes for obscure jokes and references. I thought that was neat.

I've not played any other translated vn with a system like that, not so neat.
Old 2011-07-04, 11:28   Link #729
yuugi99

If I like the story of ever 17, will I like this story too? No spoiler of course. And is Yoshino supposed to be Sunohara of this game?
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 18:24   Link #730
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruchin View Post
And there is another route that is mainly for Jokes [乙月杯日(・人・)ルート] .=.= all the characters were like Oppai~ Oppai=.= I saw the route on Niconico.. =.= Kinda shock.. You have to finish Terra route [ true end] and have some requirement.
This a full route like the Baseball Route or extra stuff like Jet Saito?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 22:23   Link #731
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Boobies!

lol. If it ain't a full route like the hidden route in Clannad, I will ask Jun Maeda wth is up with his company.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 06:05   Link #732
Haruchin

more like an extra route .
Old 2011-07-07, 08:24   Link #733
Jao
panchi~

And mine arrived in the mail today!

I've been very good at keeping away from spoilers, lets see just how good this is.
Old 2011-07-07, 12:32   Link #734
Tomoyo89

Mine also arrived today, but I missed it due to not being while post truck was around. I guess I'll pick it up later today or tomorrow at the latest.
Tomoyo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 19:00   Link #735
InternHertz
.lone.....

Mine also arrived yesterday ! ^^ Dunno when I'll be able to read it but I'm glad it's here.
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 20:35   Link #736
ShoraiZenta

I really am expecting to be a good novel, haven't read it yet (heck i dont even have it, no money atm), but LB! and Clannad didnt dissapoint me, so im definitely getting this!

BTW, just out of curiosity, but is 2nd opening in the game?
ShoraiZenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 12:45   Link #737
ronzalpha

I got mine 2 days ago, but I recently installed it to have the problem:
"This Game is Japan Only"

I know there was a patch to fix the demo version of that error before, but I had trouble finding it. Can someone re-supply a link here? Much appreciated.

Also, does that patch even work on the original version or is it only limited to the demo of Rewrite?

edit: nvr mind, found it. I'm going to try to apply the patch and/or crack to the vn now.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=64557&page=22 <-Crack and patch located here

Last edited by ronzalpha; 2011-07-08 at 12:59.
ronzalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 14:10   Link #738
shinichi28

Well,after playing this VN for 4 days (non-stop ) ... I must admit,Lucia route is the best in here (among Sizuru and Chihaya)
Typically an KEY scenario (first inserting a romantic event,and then crushing it with an Tragedy .... and about the ending,you can assume she's like Kyou from Clannad )

Anyway,does anybody knew the Translation for the text that showed up before Lucia ED ? This part is the only thing that I don't really knew
(cuz the translator can't copy it)

Last edited by shinichi28; 2011-07-08 at 19:42.
shinichi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 14:47   Link #739
Soryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzalpha View Post
I got mine 2 days ago, but I recently installed it to have the problem:
"This Game is Japan Only"

I know there was a patch to fix the demo version of that error before, but I had trouble finding it. Can someone re-supply a link here? Much appreciated.

Also, does that patch even work on the original version or is it only limited to the demo of Rewrite?

edit: nvr mind, found it. I'm going to try to apply the patch and/or crack to the vn now.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=64557&page=22 <-Crack and patch located here
This one should work: http://www.mediafire.com/?pm7udjtajy04qxj
Soryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 14:55   Link #740
ronzalpha

Quote:
Use RLSE_Loader , [ you can download from here:http://u.115.com/file/f22ae7266a]
Use the loader , load it with siglus engine.exe [ Step 1 : after opening the loader , click start , then data game , then data and the click on siglus engine and load it .]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soryuu View Post
Thanks, but after playing a while with the RLSE loader and a no-dvd patch, it fixed the non-japanese windows issue.
(no-dvd patch:http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/a...5D-rewrite.rar)

^the above link is from the site anime-sharing, but it includes the VN as well (which I believe is against animesuki's ToS, so I'll just leave it at the patch link only)
ronzalpha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel