AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-07-10, 22:44   Link #6601
Roseweave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Final Fantasy did it back when it was Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 2. It has to start somewhere.
Yeah, but they were fully intending to make a Final Fantasy 3, and also Final Fantasy 1 and 2 are so similar visually and conceptually anyway, it's a bad comparison. That's why I used 7 as it has the kind of cyberpunk, steampunky element, which only makes sense as being "Final Fantasy" when you add 6 and 8 as well to the overall series.
Roseweave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 00:10   Link #6602
Corfish1001

There's no way it would take 20 hours, that's way extreme. 10 hours at worst I would say for the average reader.

Quote:
Yeah, but they were fully intending to make a Final Fantasy 3, and also Final Fantasy 1 and 2 are so similar visually and conceptually anyway, it's a bad comparison. That's why I used 7 as it has the kind of cyberpunk, steampunky element, which only makes sense as being "Final Fantasy" when you add 6 and 8 as well to the overall series.
While what you say is true, AuraTwilight's point still stands I think. Umineko and Higurashi are very clearly held in the same universe, following similar rules, and they're actually more closely connected than the Final Fantasy series, so I'm not 100% sure why it bothers you honestly. As Aura said, it has to start somewhere =/ Besides, there are a few other games that have only 2 entries. Dark Cloud and Magna Carta are the two I can name off the top of my head.

Anyways, would also just like to thank Witch Hunt for translating this fantastic series, and can't wait to see how Higanbana is going to play out as well.
Corfish1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 00:14   Link #6603
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Depends on how you play the games too. Me and my friend read out the voices as we play so it takes much longer. But it is twice as fun XD

I would also like to thank Witch Hunt as well!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 01:42   Link #6604
Ozimul

Help! EP7 files!!

I'm having some trouble with the BGM folders... I know I need folders BGM, BGM0, and BGM2, but what songs should be in which folder??
Ozimul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 02:45   Link #6605
AlexiaCarcera

@Roseweave and @Corfish1001

Well, that's why I said 10~20. As in, 10 to 20 hours. So say, 10 hours 1 episode, and then 13 another. And then for episode 4 maybe 15. Depends on the reader. Guess I'm the slowest reader out there then ;_;.

So I guess it's more like 7~12 for the average reader then? My bad, I guess. I over generalize :V
Old 2011-07-11, 10:34   Link #6606
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseweave View Post
Then if you're into videogames, I would say the link between "when the cry" is more similar to the one between Xenogears and Xenosaga.

BTW, originally final fantasy was supposed to the their last game before going bankrupt. Not a serie of long games. FF2 is very similar visually with FF1, but that's pretty much where it ends.

And...

When they cry has four installments so far, each of them including 4 games. In that logic, 16 games already in the when they cry serie.

Expecting more then 16 games to constitute a serie is asking a bit too much.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 10:40   Link #6607
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Just a heads up: preorders for Higanbana are up, at least on Amiami. Already got mine secured I was at a loss about where to post this, so I guess I'll leave it here, since Higanbana discussion was up one or two pages ago. Sorry if I posted in the wrong section.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 11:23   Link #6608
Solachinx
is a myth

I have a question: will an EP 7 translation patch work with the EPs 5, 6, and 7 bundled in EP 8?
Old 2011-07-11, 11:53   Link #6609
Roseweave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
I have a question: will an EP 7 translation patch work with the EPs 5, 6, and 7 bundled in EP 8?
Usually WH put out an Episode n compatible patch for Episode n-1
Roseweave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 12:08   Link #6610
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseweave View Post
Usually WH put out an Episode n compatible patch for Episode n-1
So, would that be the patch for the first part of episode n?

In other words, for this example, the translation patch for the first part of EP 8?
Old 2011-07-11, 12:29   Link #6611
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Anything we release has a retrocompatibility with previous content of the same work, so long you apply that patch with the corresponding game.
Therefore, applying our current Chiru patch will translate 5, 6, 7, first half of 8 with a Chiru episode 8 game.
Old 2011-07-11, 12:34   Link #6612
Solachinx
is a myth

Ah, I see, thank you, both of you!
Old 2011-07-11, 14:16   Link #6613
cereal_killerxx

UHHH WTF!

Spoiler for Umineko Episode 1:
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 14:40   Link #6614
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

>>Updated my translated Higanbana introduction page to use LyricalAura's translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Then if you're into videogames, I would say the link between "when the cry" is more similar to the one between Xenogears and Xenosaga.
The When They Cry series is episodic, so there are actually four games in the series with four episodes each. To put this into perspective, Tales of Monkey Island is made up of five episodes and is a game in the Monkey Island series.

Of course, When They Cry works differently to a lot of episodic games because each release contains all the episodes for that game that have been developed so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
UHHH WTF!
I see parallels with Shion and Satoshi…
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 16:07   Link #6615
Madman6510
Child of Man

Quote:
UHHH WTF!

Spoiler for Umineko Episode 1:
Get used to it. That happens, a lot.

Also, enjoy being trolled by quite a few characters.
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 16:27   Link #6616
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman6510 View Post
Get used to it. That happens, a lot.

Also, enjoy being trolled by quite a few characters.
Well yeah, it's made by the same people who did Higurashi so I kinda figured it would be. So far, the episode has had a very nice buildup towards the gorey events that followed and am very pleased.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 17:09   Link #6617
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Well yeah, it's made by the same people who did Higurashi so I kinda figured it would be. So far, the episode has had a very nice buildup towards the gorey events that followed and am very pleased.
Spoiler for Not really a spoiler, but Umineko ep1:
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 17:47   Link #6618
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Yirba:
Spoiler for Higurashi:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 17:58   Link #6619
Oblivion

Not sure if this is the right place but what is the song name at the end of Ep 5?

Edit: Also a random thought but I wondered about that horrible fragment Bern said she'd put Erika into if she lost. Since she decided to die anyways, it was never revealed. Does anyone have an idea of what it would've been like?

Last edited by Oblivion; 2011-07-11 at 18:02. Reason: random question
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 18:32   Link #6620
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Yirba:
Spoiler for Higurashi:
That's not in the middle of the story, but in the final parts of the episode, so it doesn't count against what Yirba said.
I'm envious of cereal killer, I'd like to experience it all again like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place but what is the song name at the end of Ep 5?
If you mean the ending song, it is called TSUBASA ~Hope~.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation