Spoiler:
Spoiler for Movie spoilers:
Old 2018-11-14, 20:20   Link #6423
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Some spoilers from people who saw the early premiere
Spoiler for Dragon Ball Super: Broly:

I'm getting these spoilers from people who saw the movie so every detail might not be 100% accurate but the key points are confirmed by multiple sources.
Spoiler for Thoughts:
Old 2018-11-14, 22:22   Link #6424
Galaxian

My only real issues after reading the spoilers are...

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 00:09   Link #6425
Hakai

Seems like the best DB movie to me, it was amazing visually as well from what I heard. My only real problem with the movie is
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hakai; 2018-11-15 at 00:37.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 10:04   Link #6426
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for Movie spoilers:
Spoiler:
Old 2018-11-15, 11:13   Link #6427
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Some spoilers from people who saw the early premiere
Spoiler for Dragon Ball Super: Broly:

I'm getting these spoilers from people who saw the movie so every detail might not be 100% accurate but the key points are confirmed by multiple sources.
Welp, If this is all true then I guess I will be waiting yet again for the anime version.
Old 2018-11-15, 11:59   Link #6428
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Movie spoiler:
Old 2018-11-15, 16:09   Link #6429
n0m@n
C-Z

Wonder what Gogeta's personality is like. I hope it's his original personality he showed in Fusion Reborn movie. Well, he barely had any lines or scenes to actually let the viewer understand his personality properly but I at least show him as a calm character with very few words so kinda opposite to Vegito. The personality he showed in GT was just Vegito's personality so I really didnt like him in GT. The two fusion forms not only should look different but also feel different (in this case the character's attitude).
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 12:39   Link #6430
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I feel like Gogeta's personality should be similar to Goku's (Gogeta), since Vegetto's is similar to Vegeta's (Vegetto).

Read summaries of the movie and saw the first trailer (haven't watched the others (yet?)). I also don't like what they did with Frieza's wish. As for Bardock: yeah, he was an anime- and movie-original character from the beginning. Toriyama drew Minus, and he used that in this movie. So canon Bardock is the one in Minus. I assume.

I think the black-haired guy with the scar in the movie poster is Broly, not Yamcha.

I noticed some people kept calling Broly's Full Power form LSS even though in the DBS anime Vegeta referred to that form as the "true form of a Saiyan" when he saw Kale's transformation. The "legendary Super Saiyan", according to canon, is really just SS1(-3 + SSG and Blue and etc.). That's what it was called in the original manga too. It got touted as the stuff of legend because after the first Super Saiyan, until Goku, it was too hard for the Saiyans to pull it off. Mainly because Saiyans that still have their tails don't have enough S-Cells to pull it off. And the environment that Goku grew up in, as well as the environment that the U6 Saiyans grew up in, is better for S-Cells to be born and develop in.

Goten and Trunks couldn't have gotten angry enough to transform through rage. I think it just came easily to them. They probably subconsciously transformed the way Caulifla had. Caulifla and Goku talked about that "tingly-feeling on the back" as well and Goku said something along the lines of, "Yeah, something like that" which means Goku felt it too. And IIRC, Goten transformed for the first time during training with Chichi. It was mentioned in the original manga.

About Goku's reason for transforming: IIRC, in the manga as well, it was because of Krillin's death.
Old 2018-11-22, 17:07   Link #6431
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

I'll just leave this here:

Old 2018-11-23, 01:33   Link #6432
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I bet that triggered a lot of fans to the point of wanting the person's head who said it on a pike^^;;.
Old 2018-11-23, 08:31   Link #6433
ThorPL123
King of Harem

#n0m@n

I found this on reddit

We finally got a reveal of hidden figures including...yep, Gogeta. This is the first official reveal of his new design - the first public reveal of any kind.
also If spoilers from reddit are correct, Gogeta personality should be more similar to Fusion Reborn than GT(if i understood it properly).

#DragonOsman

You are right that he is Broly(black-haired guy with the scar).

and you are also right about Goku's reason to transformation after Kuririn/Krillin death.

About Gogeta's and Vegetto's personalities, aren't they mix of Vegeta's and Goku's personalities?(with one of them as dominant persona though IIRC)

Spoiler for Spoilers from Reddit:

Last edited by ThorPL123; 2018-11-23 at 09:07.
ThorPL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 13:11   Link #6434
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The fused warrior's name says it all. When Goku and Vegeta are Gogeta, the dominant personality should be Goku's. Remember that Vegeta calls Goku by his Saiyan name. The fact that the fused warrior's name is "Gogeta" means the dominant personality is Goku's. And when they're Vegeto, it's Vegeta's. The "to" at the end is from "Kakarotto". It's like that with Gotenks as well: Goten's is the dominant personality, so he named them "Gotenks". And notice the pattern too: the dominant one puts a part of his name at the beginning and a part of the other person's name at the end.
Old 2018-11-23, 13:26   Link #6435
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
The fused warrior's name says it all. When Goku and Vegeta are Gogeta, the dominant personality should be Goku's. Remember that Vegeta calls Goku by his Saiyan name. The fact that the fused warrior's name is "Gogeta" means the dominant personality is Goku's. And when they're Vegeto, it's Vegeta's. The "to" at the end is from "Kakarotto". It's like that with Gotenks as well: Goten's is the dominant personality, so he named them "Gotenks". And notice the pattern too: the dominant one puts a part of his name at the beginning and a part of the other person's name at the end.

Yeah, you are most likely right about this..

But still, if spoilers are correct. It's seems that Gogeta was eager to kill Broly, IMO it's more Vegeta-like than Goku(IIRC Goku isn't person that would kill his enemy, maybe expect of Freeza)

Anyway, we will have to wait to see 1st Gogeta canon apperance(since movie and GT are not canon) to see how he acts.

Also, wouldn't Goku name fusion beetwen him and Vegeta as Gogeets?
Old 2018-11-23, 15:30   Link #6436
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Vegeta wouldn't call Goku "Goku". He always calls him "Kakarot" ("Kakarotto" in Engurisu), after all. And the reason for Gogeta trying to kill Broly could be because it's still a mix of Goku and Vegeta at the end of the day. I'll have to watch the movie to tell, though (I haven't seen any of the other movies that Broly was in).
Old 2018-11-23, 16:35   Link #6437
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Vegeta wouldn't call Goku "Goku". He always calls him "Kakarot" ("Kakarotto" in Engurisu), after all. And the reason for Gogeta trying to kill Broly could be because it's still a mix of Goku and Vegeta at the end of the day. I'll have to watch the movie to tell, though (I haven't seen any of the other movies that Broly was in).
What you said it's true and i agree. it will be interesting to see Gogeta in this movie, since so far(though non-canon) Gogeta appeared in GT(Vegetto/Vegito-lite like) and Fusion Reborn and both seems to be opposite of each other.

As for Vegeta calling Goku "Goku" in English dub of Z(I'm not sure if they changed it in Kai Redub) he called him that (tho that's still better than calling "Osiris" Heaven Dragon as Slifer Sky Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh )

Well about Broly, it seems that this Broly is much better, he seems to be more Tarzan-like than "Toei" Broly who hated Goku because of cry.. AND MUH POWER etc
Old Broly is just stupid brute.

It's sad that there is no SSG Gogeta...

Also guys, prepare for Scaling war(muh power levels) beetwen Gogeta and Vegetto(Fusion vs Potara), Gogeta vs Beerus(Goku, what have you done!?), Beerus vs Broly(Thanks Goku )

Quote:
And the reason for Gogeta trying to kill Broly could be because it's still a mix of Goku and Vegeta at the end of the day.
That was my point(though i should make it more clear and that's my bad) , that Gogeta is mix of Goku and Vegeta personalities, though Goku is dominant persona(and opposite in case of Vegetto)

Full version main song(from 3rd trailer) of Movie

Last edited by ThorPL123; 2018-11-23 at 17:43.
Old 2018-11-23, 17:51   Link #6438
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Vegeta calls him by his Saiyan name in the English Dub of the DBZ anime too IIRC.

I never said that the fused warriors aren't a mix of the personalities of both people involved. I'm just talking about whose personality is more dominant in which fusion.
Old 2018-11-23, 17:57   Link #6439
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Vegeta calls him by his Saiyan name in the English Dub of the DBZ anime too IIRC.

I never said that the fused warriors aren't a mix of the personalities of both people involved. I'm just talking about whose personality is more dominant in which fusion.
Perhaps you are right, and it's just my memory malfunction.

About fusion thing. sorry, I misunderstood you then.

Last edited by ThorPL123; 2018-11-23 at 18:13.
Old 2018-11-23, 18:24   Link #6440
alex_drian

I never thought about the dominant personality thing. I always thought that if Gogeta make it to canon story his personality don't stray if not the same as Vegetto for basically have the same material.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy