Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2020-12-26, 04:50   Link #101
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
If your artstyle passes the silhouette test with flying colors

If your story always plays the long game without becoming a brick in the current moment

If your soundtrack is excellent enough to listen to on its own

If every main character has a rich history with strongly defined personalities that define what they'll do in the story

If nearly single fight never takes place in a vacuum and always interacts with the location and other fights nearby

If none of the main characters are useless

If some of your earliest villains are still allowed to remain impressive as the world gets bigger while your heroes are still getting demonstrably stronger

If every other story arc is a tearjerker

If the world itself will always feel like it operates with or without the main cast

If the journey and thrill of adventure is the real treasure on this voyage

you're not watching an anime

you're watching the modern epic

ONE PIECE

GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 22:13   Link #102
ArrowSmith

Death Note was the most perfect anime ever. 'Can you hear bells? They're so loud today.'
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 02:20   Link #103
Johnny Dy

1st season. 2nd season was anything but.
For me 1st season 10/10, 2nd season 6/10, so 8/10 total.
So on par with... Vinland Saga! Nothing funny, just... nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
ONE PIECE

Well... I so much hate One Piece's off track episodes, but the ones to the point are 10/10 easy.
But because the ones off point are so many, for me it's just a 9/10 show.
By off point I don't mean just fillers, but prolonged bullshit like stuff with Ussop nobody gives a shit about and many such things, when they should be more on point, less time used on the filling shit. Not every anime has that stuff. It's true that most anime that don't are short 26 episodes ones, but nobody forces you to make 1000 episodes anime with that shit instead of 800 and take a pause every other week or so. One Piece has that filling shit even during major fights, broken by action less interesting than the main fight, that's a minus point one can't ignore. Just my opinion.

For me Claymore is the only anime without any filling shit, not even 10 seconds. Quality from the 1st minute to the last. Even if for the last 3-4 episodes, they went off manga track. They just didn't want to leave it with a major cliffhanger, just a mediocre one. Because the story is so great that everything is a cliffhanger. You just can't stop watching or reading the manga until every last drop is consumed.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-12-27 at 02:36.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 02:36   Link #104
ArrowSmith

The only thing I know about One Piece is the antagonist of Inuyashiki loved tormenting his victims while talking about it.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-27, 02:39   Link #105
Johnny Dy

I don't even know who that is, lol. I am behind almost 2 years I think with the anime. All I can say to you is that the major events in One Piece give you shivers down your spine that you never felt before. It's just gargantuan at times.

I'm gonna give you an example, quote from memory (middle of the series), when White Beard dies, the narrator "White Beard. Sword wounds: 57, Gun wounds: 135, Canon wounds: 47. All those wounds were on his front, on his back he had never been wounded, because he never turned his back to the enemy to run, not even once. He died on his feet." Stuff that when you see it, you feel your own ballz talking to you: "Man, that was fucking cool!".
Old 2021-01-27, 20:07   Link #106
DarkShame2

Made in Abyss Movie 3: Fukaki Tamashii no Reimei. Really good movie sequel to the 1st seaon