AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-31, 05:16   Link #81
Natsume01

Ohh, it's the difference from Chinese and Japanese kanji.
They heard it differently because of the "game" automatic translation.
Well, we were both correct.

Yeah, it's kinda lame... I didn't know you could get SS when buying digital copies. So there's still a lot of SS which you haven't read? I'm not familiar with buying light novels.

Who is this " 機皇"? Is that the super class for Drive(Drife)?
Well, it's not anything new that the Lost Tech are crazy. You don't remember that Accra Vesta? And many others. Seriously Fragman is monster too.
I don't remember reading anything on this. Nothing on the wiki as far as I searched.

As a side note, do you know how many characters a light novel volume has?
In syosetsu, it has 1,700,000 characters, how many volumes would that make?

I really like how he writes his chapters: like telling us where it is, who's POV it is and separate when the POV changes, unlike a lot of others. (Konjiki no Moji Tsukai for example)
Natsume01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 22:46   Link #82
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume01 View Post
Yeah, it's kinda lame... I didn't know you could get SS when buying digital copies. So there's still a lot of SS which you haven't read? I'm not familiar with buying light novels.
Yeah ... at least 5 SS for volume 2 and 3. The twitter one is just the special campaign they did for this series. Volume one's Limited Edition comes with a fairly long SS and is about Bearbro's preparation for Ray's arrival (Dormouse and Theresia made appearance).

Quote:
Who is this " 機皇"? Is that the super class for Drive(Drife)?
Chapter 5 first part.

Spoiler for chapter 5:

Quote:
As a side note, do you know how many characters a light novel volume has?
In syosetsu, it has 1,700,000 characters, how many volumes would that make
According to Google, a standard ~300 pgs LN with ~20 throwaway pages (illustration and table of content etc.) is around 120k characters.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 07:53   Link #83
Natsume01

How many SS did you read? Did you have to buy several copies or they all came with one copy?
Did you read that SS with Kuma-niisan?
I think the author had posted a chapter with this subject (the preparation for Ray's arrival). Didn't read though. Will do it later.

Oh, completely forgot about this. I may haven glanced over it. Yeah, he should have been strong.

Thanks, I was wondering how many it was. Finally have my answer.

So if you read the light novel and are willing to write about it, were there any differences between the LN and WN?
Old 2017-06-02, 20:04   Link #84
Kunagisa

Quote:
How many SS did you read? Did you have to buy several copies or they all came with one copy?
Did you read that SS with Kuma-niisan?

So if you read the light novel and are willing to write about it, were there any differences between the LN and WN?
None besides the twitter campaign because I just bought the ebooks. The SS with Bearbro's also packaged in the Korean and Taiwanese first volume I think. A friend read and briefed me on it.

I still have not actually read the bunko version myself.
Old 2017-06-03, 08:00   Link #85
Natsume01

New raw chapter~

Spoiler for n270:
Old 2017-06-08, 16:12   Link #86
Natsume01

Two new chapter~

Yeahhh, I knew it. "That guy" was 【冥王キング・オブ・タルタロス】ベネトナシュ.
Finally, he's in the main story (well in the gaiden). It's going to get interesting.
This arc is going to last a while, I think. It already has more chapter than the first 'Hugo' Gaiden.

EDIT 10/06:

New chapter~
Spoiler for n274:

Last edited by Natsume01; 2017-06-10 at 11:45.
Old 2017-06-14, 20:25   Link #87
Kunagisa

Spoiler for size:

Volume 4 cover looks pretty nice too. Love Mary's design. First time Nemesis human form not on cover.

I like Benetnasch and Persephone, more so than Rei and Nemesis. Persephone is super cute hahaha. Probably my favorite female character so far. Anyway,
Spoiler for 274:
Old 2017-06-15, 03:56   Link #88
Natsume01

^ The cover looks great!! Thanks.

You like them more than Rei when they barely appeared?!
Though I do like Persephone, she's cute alright.. About Benetnasch, there's not a lot about him so hard to say. (Still better than this ARICA).

Spoiler for n274:

I wish they'll make Rei stronger than he is. I mean, his jobs are not that great, he barely has the Holy Knight(Paladin) and the other one for his silver horse.
While Hugo and Luke are getting way stronger, especially Luke.
It's taking really a long time for his Embryo to 'level up'.

EDIT:

Spoiler for n275:

Last edited by Natsume01; 2017-06-18 at 08:54.
Old 2017-06-19, 00:09   Link #89
Kunagisa

Benetnasch by himself's not that fun, but his personality contrasting with Persephone's makes the pair super hilarious to read. Nemesis just needs more character besides eats a lot.

Regarding Rei being weak, I was thinking he does have 3 UBM equipments already, and can hold his own pretty well, and then I read Emily's stats in the latest chapter ................... well yeah, Rei needs an amazing Superior Job down the road, problem is I do know if you can have a Knight class Superior Job that can be fun. Hugo probably is Emily's worst matchup though.

Spoiler for Emily:

Side stories are just more fun than main stories right now, too bad J-novel can't just go ham and translate the web chapters as well. The latest manga chapter's great too, Nemesis making interesting faces and Figaro being boss.
Old 2017-06-19, 10:10   Link #90
Natsume01

^ Oops I forgot to read the last chapter. Since I checked at the exact time as the author posted (9pm in JP), I didn't notice the second chapter he posted one hour after that. I knew that he sometimes posts two chapters with one hour in-between but didn't think he'll do it now. Glad he did and it was longer than normal too.

Yeah, I really like Persephone for now. It's true that the author should give something else to Nemesis.

About Rei: the third UBM equipments is a bit hard to use. It would have been better if he could also use it when it's not fully charged. Like the UBM did, just shooting some Solar Beam.
Well, he could get the [Heavenly Knight] job, the one from Liliana's father. Well she is also a candidate for it.
I really hope he'll get a good one, and that his Embryo will quickly evolve and give him a skill he could use more.
Seriously, Luke is kind of OP compared to him, Hugo too I guess.
Well, it's kind of hard to compare them since they kind of specialize in different form of battle.
Rei = Boss Killing
Luke = Group PvE
Hugo = battle against monster/player who killed their own kind.

About Emily: WHAT THE HELL?!! She's so strong.
Spoiler for Emily:

Side Stories are more fun for you maybe because we get to see some really OverPowered characters in action. I still really like the Main Story.
Yeah, that'll be good if they could translate the WebNovel after they finish translating the 3 first volumes and the 4th that's most the 1st July.
Old 2017-06-22, 15:03   Link #91
Natsume01

Man, isn't she way too OP?!!
Spoiler for n277:

EDIT:
New chapter~

Spoiler for n278:

How many will there be for this gaiden? It's pretty long now; is it going to lasts as much as the Gloria one?
While I wouldn't have mind, I really want to go back to the main story. It just come close to re-starting the War. Really want to read that.

Last edited by Natsume01; 2017-06-26 at 11:46.
Old 2017-06-30, 10:59   Link #92
Natsume01

Two new chapters~

Spoiler for n279:

Spoiler for n280:

EDIT: (04/07)

New chapter~~
Spoiler for n281:

@Kunagisa, you were right, or at least HALF right. (no pun intended)
Spoiler for Benetnash:

Last edited by Natsume01; 2017-07-04 at 13:18.
Old 2017-07-10, 21:10   Link #93
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Volume 1 is officially released by JNC, and they're half way done with vol 2 for their pre-release.

This series is every bit as good as it had been said.

This is probably the best VRMMO LN I've read so far.
Old 2017-07-15, 14:39   Link #94
Lenox

Looking at the speed at which J-Novel is translating this I kind of wish Overlord and Kumoko were picked up by them as opposed to YP, what do you guys think?

Last edited by Lenox; 2017-07-15 at 17:28.
Lenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 16:38   Link #95
Natsume01

^ I think it's off-topic here.
Well, I'd rather have them take any projects. They're the best. Can't even compare them to YP.

So finally got to read the new chapters.
As always, it's amazing. Benet' is really strong (or well his "friends" are). Persephone's skill is pretty cool, as long as he used it for people he trusts.

So it's finally the end. Took quite a bit of time. I was finally expecting to see what'll happen after Figaro's love problem conclusion.
But now I have to wait for two whole weeks...
Old 2017-07-26, 16:45   Link #96
Natsume01

Two new chapters. Finally, was tired of waiting.

Spoiler for n285:

Well, excited to see how it goes and kind of felt sad Ray still isn't here.
Old 2017-07-26, 20:30   Link #97
Kunagisa

I actually think n285 is one of the most hyped chapters from this series. I got goosebumps reading it.

Spoiler for 285:

Amazing chapter. Really hope I'm not over interpreting this.

I still can't believe this is the author's debut work. Hopefully more goes into promoting this series. Kinda sucks only us two are discussing the web (especially the Web Novel forum being so active here at AS).
Old 2017-07-27, 05:31   Link #98
Natsume01

Wow, you thought it through. Man, I'd have never thought of that. It seems interesting.
Spoiler for 285:

Well let's see how it goes. Still won't change my mind on Altimia refusing him.

True, it's really amazing, especially after you've read all those WN with story barely readable/obvious story line.

I did find it quite odd that no one discusses of this here except us. Well with the amazing job of J-Novel some new fans will come here. It got some good reviews.
The premium version has the store short story too.
Old 2017-08-05, 20:18   Link #99
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Well, since this is the light novel section, I refrain myself from mentioning much of the web novel version here lol
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 14:49   Link #100
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

LN2 has just been completed by JNC.

Oh wow, Hugo is so far my favorite character.

I love how the author made him out to be the plucky comic relief and it turns out he was anything but. I completely fell for it.

I love his internal struggle over what Hugo the Character and Hugo the Player wants.

Anxiously waiting for LN3.

Apparently the first arc will be four volumes long.

Tags
high fantasy, science fiction, vrmmorpg