AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-07-25, 00:23   Link #1
katsuragi

re:Cutie Honey - Anno is back!

I just watched re:Cutie Honey - anime directed by Anno Hideyaki, who didn't direct any anime since Karekano (6years ago)

FIRST
re:CutieHoney is based on old cutie honey series..... it kinda makes me feel like I'm watching original CH made in 1970s lol..... story is almost same, +Anno styled parody&hommage

SECOND
if you think of 'Great Anno of Evangelion,' you will be disappointed. No SF/Mecha or deep, philosophical and psychological issues/storylines, but you will enjoy his high-quality anime =) great visuals/actions/scenes (FLCL+power puff? lol)

THIRD
drawing is unique, sometimes I thought I was watching PowerPuffGirls o_O and this anime is very Ecchi... beware!

too bad that he didn't make SF anime like Gunbuster/Nadia/or Eva, but I'm really glad that he is back, and presenting a great anime 40 minutes just flew away!

now I have to wait a month for next episode .......
katsuragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 10:00   Link #2
pbruiz

Damn i want to see this, I have to wait until september when the first dvd is released unless someone fansubs it first. (already pre-ordered the dvd)
pbruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 07:40   Link #3
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Re: Cutie Honey

Episode 1, Horie Yui as Kisaragi Honey. ^^

It seems there are other Cutie Honey series before but I haven't yet seen any of it. This is my first time watching this series, somehow alot of dirty jokes just like Austin Powers. ^^ The boobies missile joke almost killed me.

The begining wasn't really that impresive to me, but the scene Nat-chan took down all the bad guys on her own with bullets flying around was really cool, specially the background music it just perfect. ^^ Need more scene like that in animes. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 22:48   Link #4
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Question? Is anyone subbing this gem or like all the good ones on planet earth ppl just ignore it This is very 70's material from the colours, fashion, disco music, big hair and poor animation frame rate I like, rare to see a show with this much cheese and style pulled off well Liked the Doraemon and Get Smarty generation 1 handphone spoof.

Spoiler:

Have to say this, Horie Yui makes a great Honey Kisaragi/cosplay mode Honey- just doesn't make too hot a Cutie Honey . She's still stuck on the flustered girl next door roles.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 16:20   Link #5
jennwenn

I've been waiting to see this! Anno also directed the Cutie Honey live action movie that just came out, so do we need to see the movie to understand the anime?

The original Cutie Honey anime series were all serious ecchi, so no surprise there. I like the style of this new series, looks cool.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 23:14   Link #6
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
I've been waiting to see this! Anno also directed the Cutie Honey live action movie that just came out, so do we need to see the movie to understand the anime?
No need for that, the remake is very much true to it's original material so you can take it as is- cheese and all

So far it's been fun spotting the stuff being spoofed in the show. The pair of Masked Rider boys at the Comiket site were hillarious btw. And here I thought the tranformation scene in Puni Puni Poemi was sick
Old 2004-08-09, 18:54   Link #7
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, let me ask one thing first, does this "Anno is back!" mean the "Gunbuster and Nadia Anno" is back or the "Evangelion and Kare Kano Anno" is back? I hope it means the former one, since this is an OVA I hope Anno get enough budget not to go the "still images and black and white bands and inner talk all the time" route again
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 19:02   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I haven't seen it yet. (Waiting for it to be subbed.) Still, I think it is safe to say that he will have a large budget. Cute Honey is classic and it has way too many fans for them to skimp on the budget.

Now if only someone would take it upon themselves to sub "Cute Honey Flash" since the VHS subs ended at the first season...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 21:19   Link #9
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, let me ask one thing first, does this "Anno is back!" mean the "Gunbuster and Nadia Anno" is back or the "Evangelion and Kare Kano Anno" is back? I hope it means the former one, since this is an OVA I hope Anno get enough budget not to go the "still images and black and white bands and inner talk all the time" route again
May have to disappoint you on the budget and animation bit, this is very much a tribute to 70's style anime as it is animation. Poor frame rates are the order of the day here [sometimes only 2 things will be moving on the screen ]. Thing is, the music, direction and base story don't disappoint since H. Anno went full out to remake a classic with all it's campy pop culture references.

Expect nothing from this, just hang on for the ride
Old 2004-08-09, 21:58   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, as long as at least some thing moves it's good enough already

I'm just a bit wary of Anno's "post-modernism psycho-analysis still-image-cheats black-and-white-bands" style lately
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 04:54   Link #11
Loki-sama

Ever since I heard about this OVA months ago, I've been anxiously waiting for it to come out. Hopefully soon some subbers will put it out.
Loki-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 07:04   Link #12
SidSavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki-sama
Ever since I heard about this OVA months ago, I've been anxiously waiting for it to come out. Hopefully soon some subbers will put it out.
Sooner than you think:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=18524
SidSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 23:58   Link #13
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just saw the torrent on the Animesuki main page. yay something to watch tonight. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 09:56   Link #14
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Re: Cutie Honey!

I just finished watching the recent fansub, and this may be the most entertaining new anime of the year. I was laughing and smiling throughout, and the animation and style is just wild, it kinda reminds me of Powerpuff Girls or Hanna Barbera with a more, ahem, mature edge.

Kudos to Anno and his directing genius for finally making me like one of Go Nagai's works, and getting me interested in seeing the original Cutie Honey now. Also, great job by the fansubbers -- I usually don't like flashy karaoke, but the ED was really well done and kept that style. Thank you, you guys rock.

Anyway, it's really too bad this is only going to three volumes, though I'm sure the animation would suffer if they stretched it to a full series.
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 12:13   Link #15
Pai
ハガレン fan

Too much pointless fanservice imho.
I don't like it.
I want a story in an anime, not only a sequence of director's skills.
Blah!
Old 2004-08-14, 12:17   Link #16
Momiji74
Useless Alchemist

The pair of Masked Rider boys at the Comiket site were absolutely the worst bad tasted scene ever. x_x
Imo it wasn't funny.
EDIT:
I don't like the fact that Anno ridiculised anime's fan, I'm sorry for not give reason, but I'm very bad at English.

BTW I don't like Anno, I'm sorry

Last edited by Momiji74; 2004-08-16 at 09:35.
Momiji74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 17:21   Link #17
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji74
The pair of Masked Rider boys at the Comiket site were absolutely the worst bad tasted scene ever. x_x
Imo it wasn't funny.
I thought it was funny. And I've seen much, much worse scenes.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 18:30   Link #18
tabularasa
Lucky Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji74
Imo it wasn't funny.
Why is bad taste some male flesh exposed and is not bad tast the mountain of female flesh exposed?

Spoiler:

From your sign i can see that you are a Hideaki Anno Lover (^_^), but i think that as a director he is very skilled, and every work he made is filled with "class" (i cant think of any mediocre anime directed by Anno) and is something "new" respect to others (Gunbuster is different from Nadia that is different from Evangelion that is different from Kareshi Kanojo that is different from Cutie Honey).

I'm very happy that Anno is back to anime... so i can view some visually great works!
tabularasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 23:04   Link #19
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pai
I want a story in an anime, not only a sequence of director's skills.
Blah!
Looking in the wrong place for that then The original isn't too different from this with the nude femme flesh and cheese. What exactly were you expecting from a remake that featured the first buck nekkid Jap. airhead in it's transformation sequence? A critique on an ineffectual police system [whose members like to hump Nat-chan's tigh like a dog ] that it must resort to vigilants? Have Bubblegum Crisis for that.

I watched this one with the thought that it's cliched 70's era title given a rather unique spin by a director capable of bringing near anyone from the start to end [no matter how cop-out bad] in his fables. IMO, he's done more justice to a successful franchise [original history+era references were spot on] than the last few blokes who attempted to revive this old girl so credit where it's due.

Still think when the girl broke some of the Golden Laws of anime was classic.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-15, 02:36   Link #20
Momiji74
Useless Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabularasa
From your sign i can see that you are a Hideaki Anno Lover (^_^), but i think that as a director he is very skilled, and every work he made is filled with "class" (i cant think of any mediocre anime directed by Anno) and is something "new" respect to others (Gunbuster is different from Nadia that is different from Evangelion that is different from Kareshi Kanojo that is different from Cutie Honey).
Anno is skilled, yes...
But I don't like any of his anime :-(
It's a my problem...
I don't watch an anime to see a a skilled director.
Momiji74 is offline   Reply With Quote