AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-25, 08:09   Link #1
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Question Galaxy Angel S4, what happened?

I have watched Galaxy Angel S1 before, and really quite liked it, however I missed S2 and S3, and just got the first couple episodes of S4... after watching through it, I'm now totally confused...

first, anyone has any idea who that girl with long dark blue hair is? I think her name is Chitose something... has she been introduced in S2 or S3? since it seems she appears in S4 ep1 all the time in all kinds of strange situations... Also what's the Twin Star Team? this Chitose girl seems to be part of the Twin Star Team which consists of a Major Miuri and two boys called Berro brothers... who are they? Have they been introduced before?

and about the stories... I know they are quite strange and stupid even in S1, but most of the time in S1 they are still coherent and follows some linear timeline and makes some sense... now in S4 for the first two episodes I have seen, they are completely CRAZY without even the slightest evidence of coherence whatsoever. Makes me kinda wonder if something happened in S2 and S3, and is this series still following a somewhat linear timeline progression or not, or just become complete random madness?

So anyone watched S2 and/or S3 can help fill some info about it?
Old 2004-07-25, 08:23   Link #2
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'm still trying to find someone around here who carries S2. Of course I haven't even finished S1 just yet. So I'm a bit behind myself and I'm still trying to get ahold of the subbed S4 that should be out already. Other than that I can't be of much help, but the few sneak peaks I've seen of the raws of S4 and the sneak peak at S3 tells me that these are charecters that are picked up in season 3 and appear to be kind of rivals to the angels. I wont know specifically till I see it, but that's very much what it looks like. Sorry I couldn't be much help, but I at least gave you a little bit to go on. I'll know more for certain when I get caught up.
Old 2004-07-25, 08:26   Link #3
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Karasuma Chitose? Don't know too much about the girl as well but she has been introduced before- as a console game character which they later put into the anime [so your won't see her in S2 or 3 either].

Of her personality and background, I think they're selling her as the militant amnesiac femme with an healthy liking to Milfeulle. But then, I think it's been proven thar being too close to Milfeulle is very unhealthy
Old 2004-07-25, 08:39   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

About the Twin Stars. ^^

In the begining of season 3, there was a silly plot that cause the Galaxy Angel squad disbanded because of squables between the girls caused by Volcott.

And then the Twin Stars squad was formed to replace Galaxy Angel. They are much better efficiency and succesful rate in mission than the galaxy angel. But another plot twist Volcott decide to reform Galaxy Angel because he won't get any retirement money if he's not working. So now the Twin Stars and the Galaxy Angel become rivals.

They were off in the wrong foot right away because Cocomo called Ranpha and Forte san: "baba!" XD
Old 2004-07-25, 08:43   Link #5
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Karasuma Chitose? Don't know too much about the girl as well but she has been introduced before- as a console game character which they later put into the anime [so your won't see her in S2 or 3 either].

Of her personality and background, I think they're selling her as the militant amnesiac femme with an healthy liking to Milfeulle. But then, I think it's been proven thar being too close to Milfeulle is very unhealthy
from what I've seen, this Chitose girl seems to have what can be described as having the health of Hyatt of Excel Saga (ie. collapses all the time but still virtually immortal...) and a mind more evil than Mint's... or just a tendency to cause others great suffering while appearing totally innocent...

So now Mint's cat ears officially count as some flying mechanism? (I don't remember she could fly in S1 yet, but now she keeps hovering around flapping her ears)

still love Nomad best

These starting S4 episodes are just sooooo much crazier than S1 that they got me totally unprepared
Old 2004-07-25, 09:53   Link #6
Blaat

I've seen almost everything from S1, S2 and S3 (missing 2 episodes in S3)

Chitose was introduced in the fourth season.

The complete randomness started in season 2. (with parodies)

Mint rarely flies with her ears, the only episode I can remember was in season 3 I believe where the entire Galaxy Angel were falling from a cliff. It was a very, funny episode.

I can't wait until S4 is subbed, although that seems to be unlikely
Old 2004-07-25, 10:06   Link #7
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Mint rarely flies with her ears, the only episode I can remember was in season 3 I believe where the entire Galaxy Angel were falling from a cliff. It was a very, funny episode.

I can't wait until S4 is subbed, although that seems to be unlikely
Lol I remember that episode, it's a blast. XD

Mint was flying also on that episode when the Galaxy Angel were having a group date. and they were playing the Oh-sama game. That episode is so hilarious.

About S4 sub, I think AH is almost done with S3 episode 51-52, they should be starting on season 4 soon. Hopefully. ^^
Old 2004-07-25, 17:59   Link #8
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I'm still trying to find someone around here who carries S2.
Season 2 has already been licensed and announced at AX 2004.
Old 2004-07-25, 23:00   Link #9
Aoi Tenshi
3l1te

Send a message via AIM to Aoi Tenshi
When does season 4 starts....I am confused
How long is season 3 anyway....I am still stuck in season 3.

I though the formation of Twin Star happnned in season 2. They are the rivals of GA, per se, but most of the time in season 3 they work together.
And Season 3, it is just plain random maddness
Old 2004-07-26, 00:06   Link #10
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Tenshi
When does season 4 starts....I am confused
How long is season 3 anyway....I am still stuck in season 3.

I though the formation of Twin Star happnned in season 2. They are the rivals of GA, per se, but most of the time in season 3 they work together.
And Season 3, it is just plain random maddness
As far as i know season 4 already started and they are already up to episode 4.

Season 3 is 52 episodes total, AH already released up to episode 50, and what I heard from Keitaro, when they are finished up to 52, they gona make some new batch torrents.

Well the Twin Stars was first introduced in the beginning of season 3, when Volcott accidently disbanded Galaxy Angel.
Old 2004-07-26, 08:33   Link #11
Blaat

Didn't the members left because of some fight. They accused each other but in truth it was Volcott who did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Lol I remember that episode, it's a blast. XD
Best part was how they try to throw to each other off by moving. The ending of that episode was completly random though, but it fits perfectly with GA.

Quote:
Mint was flying also on that episode when the Galaxy Angel were having a group date. and they were playing the Oh-sama game. That episode is so hilarious.
I know what episode you're talking about, but I can't remember much of it. I know one of them got paired with an octopus, other one with a dying person and another with Volcott that was funny.

Quote:
About S4 sub, I think AH is almost done with S3 episode 51-52, they should be starting on season 4 soon. Hopefully. ^^
Yeah hopefully
Overall I must say I like Galaxy Angel, its pretty good, not in a sense moving story, character development etc. but it always makes smile, entertain and laugh. Makes me wonder why it isn't popular.
Old 2004-07-26, 10:56   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Season 2 has already been licensed and announced at AX 2004.
I know that. I'm talking on DVD silly. And I thought it got licenced a lot longer ago than AX2004. If it was only announced just a short time ago, then I think I better sit back and wait then, cause it's going to be a long time till I see it stateside. Drat, drat, drat.
Old 2004-07-26, 13:34   Link #13
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat

Yeah hopefully
Overall I must say I like Galaxy Angel, its pretty good, not in a sense moving story, character development etc. but it always makes smile, entertain and laugh. Makes me wonder why it isn't popular.

Some people don't like the fact that Galaxy Angel never has a coherent story...Every epsiode is based on the action of the cast. Sure they would keep adding in new characters, but they could have the whole Angel-tai dead this epsiode, and they come back the next.

The only epsiodes that ever linked together was probably in S3, "Final Dish Rebecca" (but that's more like a whole epsiode instead of the '2 epsiode = 1 show' scheme)

I personally don't see anything wrong with a series having no/little coherent story, as long as each epsiode is well done.
Old 2004-07-26, 13:54   Link #14
katsuragi

I watched all episodes from S1~S4 (S4:currently ep6), and Chitose didn't appear in S2 or S3... (new in S4)
and there are no serious connections between each seasons, so I think you will enjoy S4 w/o having any problems (GA itself is a confusing-crazy-comedy anime =/;; )
Old 2004-07-26, 13:56   Link #15
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
About the Twin Stars. ^^

In the begining of season 3, there was a silly plot that cause the Galaxy Angel squad disbanded because of squables between the girls caused by Volcott.

And then the Twin Stars squad was formed to replace Galaxy Angel. They are much better efficiency and succesful rate in mission than the galaxy angel. But another plot twist Volcott decide to reform Galaxy Angel because he won't get any retirement money if he's not working. So now the Twin Stars and the Galaxy Angel become rivals.

They were off in the wrong foot right away because Cocomo called Ranpha and Forte san: "baba!" XD
Oooh I still remember that ep!!!! XD And right after in ep 3 (or the first half of the second 30min ep) where they held a conference to officially go over why Angel-tai should be reinstated is just as hillarious!!!
Old 2004-07-26, 14:20   Link #16
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I know that. I'm talking on DVD silly. And I thought it got licenced a lot longer ago than AX2004. If it was only announced just a short time ago, then I think I better sit back and wait then, cause it's going to be a long time till I see it stateside. Drat, drat, drat.
The official annoucement was made a long time ago. I think they probably announced their release schedule at AX2004. I don't know the details but I think Bandai will release S2 right after they are done with S1. Last volume of S1 will be released within 2 months (vol.3 was just released) and S2 is probably another 2 months from then.
Closed Thread