AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-02-07, 14:40   Link #61
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
You guys have to realize that it is going to hell of hard to beat Blackbeard....Not only are you going to have to deal with this guys incredible durability (he laughed off Ace' "Hiken" attack for christ sakes) but his Logia ability is almost unbeatable. Blackbeard is basically a walking Blackhole and you are going to have to be FASTER than light itslef to escape his attacks! Not too mention the guy has incredible physical strength!

Blackbeard...a man soon to become a Shichbukai is a walking monster........
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 05:58   Link #62
RonaldC

Black Beard's Logia has an advantage over other Devil Fruit users, and unlike nomal Logias, can be physically attacked at all times.

The best match for him is obviously a superhuman that does not rely on Devil Fruit power.

In terms of the Straw Hats, these superhumans would be Zoro and Sanji.

Nonetheless, my guess is that Luffy will fight him anyway. Since he's the main character and Black Beard seems like a boss.
RonaldC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 15:57   Link #63
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

His own crew escaped from him when he perfomed his powers.Before zoro/sanji can make a cut on him he'll instantly drain them to a blackhole..

Luffy may have a kairouseki(seastone) in one hand and attack him with his normal punches without making his arms stretch..when both powers nullify if luffy acts fast he can give some damage to shocked BB (luffy is not useless without his devil fruit..remember what he did to bellamy without strecthing)
because there must be a meaning why kairouseki exists.I dont think its just for marines to catch bad guys..
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 00:19   Link #64
RonaldC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daking View Post
=Before zoro/sanji can make a cut on him he'll instantly drain them to a blackhole
You might as well say before anyone can attack him he'll instantly drain them to a blackhole
RonaldC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 03:25   Link #65
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldC View Post
You might as well say before anyone can attack him he'll instantly drain them to a blackhole
true.but looks like blackbeards having fun showing off his powers and scaring his prey.Why didnt he instantly killed ace? itd be easy.fact that blackbeard dont had many conservation with zoro so he'll just have fun with him then kill him without hesitation.
against luffy he can do the same things he did to ace because he actually met him.So luffy has 10 more minutes to live..besides he can always ask luffy to join his crew..defeating ace is giving more reputation than luffy i think ''
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 17:37   Link #66
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler:

A few final thoughts: I think that Franky is the right one to fight Burgess one-on-one as they have that "male macho" thing going on and Shanks and his crew may come to help Luffy out as Blackbeard is associated with the government and someone has to take care of all those marines/navy/whatever the hell they call themselves.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 11:57   Link #67
shankss
CP10

he wants to be pirate king right? he'll take goverment on his side then crush pirate side, it's clear that after killing/taking place of whitebeard he'll backstab world goverment giving away his shichibukai status, hell he may even hurt revolutionary side.

why did they cancel his logia type vortex body to nullifying powers? because he'd be surely a half-god with it.Now that anyone can hit him (like its easy to hit in all that vortex-storm rumble) luffy will have a chance if he gives his all.If it was logia type vortex body then luffy would die no matter what..
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 09:52   Link #68
Vree

Here are my guesses for the duel pair-ups:
Luffy VS Blackbeard (I really love that "protect my friends from the black hole with my body" idea...)
Usopp VS Van Auge (duel from 1,000,000 yards! who's the king of snipers now Usopp? let's see which of us is fated to become a great pirate!)
Franky VS Burgess (macho fight! can you shoot in time what I throw at you? I never lost a fight to anyone!)
Sanji VS Laffite (tap-dancer VS the black leg! to use your legs well you gotta have the rythm! Sanji's secret genleman technique!)
Chopper VS Doc Q (this would be a good chance to see Chopper finally fight alone, and Q, when you think about it, is a lot like him-seemingly weak and harmless but able to pull all kinds of nasty surprises)
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 09:02   Link #69
shankss
CP10

Blackbeard : It will be Luffy.Going to be the fiercist battle ever in one piece i guess.Blackbeard is pretty invincible.I wonder whats gonna happen when he grab luffys stretched punch, losing stretching may cause luffy's bones to be broken,or worse..his arm may rip off instantly.

Van Auge: Surely Usopp.slingshot vs sniper rifle? usopp's range is short as hell against Auge's range of vision...

Lafitte: Now this one hell of a interesting guy..Not even Mihawk-Kuma-Donflamingo realized that he infiltrated marine base.He was a sadist/Psycho from old marine days.Sanji-Zoro-Robin-Nami? or maybe Brooke? whoever fights him Lafitte and Blackbeard were the most famous/scary real life pirates..sounds dangerous

Burgess: Franky/Nami/Robin/Zoro/Sanji? He's not someone that franky can handle alone.Maybe Zoro with him.We already saw that zoro can throw buildings too (while fighting with MR 1)

Doc Q: Chopper with Nami to help him i think..Some fog from nami can slow down the mad doc bomber while chopper tries to find his weak point (he's not sick..guess he just acting, why should Blackbeard allow him to be in that position if hes deathly sick? Theres tons of healthy doctors around that can join Blackbeard Crew?)

Yet to see..Every crew has many secrets to reveal..Burgess is not just powerful muscle barrier,Doc is not just a half-dead man throwing apples around..Also no strawhat except luffy can handle a BB Crew alone i guess.Because there are too many straw hats, if brooke joins in too then some strawhats will be out of game when its reckoning day with Blackbeards >: )
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 11:39   Link #70
Fyria

Now that Blackbeard is offically Shichibukai and Ace is either dead or captured we can be quite sure now that Blackbeard will probably be Final 'bad-guy', Luffys most deadly opponent in his quest of becoming Pirate King.

We know now that Blackbeard has taken his objective to hunt down and defeat/kill Luffy. He was on attack range on Strawhats when Ace attacked Blackbeard but after battle we haven't heard from it.

We can assume that Blackbeard killed Ace and continued pursuit Strawhats, or he did capture Ace and delivered him to World Goverment.

Also if Blackbeard is now schichibukai I guess there were some kind of ceremony on his promotion at Marierois (not sure about name).

Blackbeard declared he has/had these objectives on his career:

1: Become Pirate King and rule world (working on it)
2: Become Schichibukai knight (Success)
3: Capture Luffy to gain fame (I guess he took this as his objective and is on it)

There may be more objectives for him, more wicked and malicious ones. But they are not yet releaved.

Also Blackbeard don't really appear that 'evil'. Sure he kills his enemys and is willing to murder his 'nakama' to reach his goals. But he doesn't seem as wicked and cruel as earlier main villains (namely Krieg,Arlong,Crocodile,Enel,Lucci). During Jaya arc he appeared as goofy and carefree guy in Mock Town, drinking rum and eating cherry-pies.

He is, in my opinion, quite intresting charecter in many ways. He don't seem to be selfish and like Shanks he don't get offended too easily and his appearance is not threatining. Sure he is large man but you get image that is fat,slow guy and bit alcoholist too and he has clowny, humorous appearance, not what you would expect from Shounen main villain.

Shanks takes him VERY serious even before he obtained Yami-Yami fruit and became empowered by Logia fruit. He, as stated on this thread and manga, has huge stamina and durabilty. He took Ace's firelance on his unprotected heart and shrugged it off.

Overall I am very anxious to hear more about this guy...he got so many strange features on himself and his attidute is staggering.

I hope we hear more of him soon.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 13:25   Link #71
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
Now that Blackbeard is offically Shichibukai and Ace is either dead or captured we can be quite sure now that Blackbeard will probably be Final 'bad-guy', Luffys most deadly opponent in his quest of becoming Pirate King.
He is connected to the family, or country, D. So, his goal might be different than what we think of him to have.
Quote:
We know now that Blackbeard has taken his objective to hunt down and defeat/kill Luffy.
He wanted to take down Luffy to become a Shichibukai. That was his objective and his fight with Ace seems to have already achieved that. So, from now on, he may not need to focus on Luffy. On the opposite, he might even indirectly want to use him for whatever goal he has (either against Government, or the other Shichibukai, or even the strongest pirates of the new world - though I doubt he is aware of the connection between for instance Shanks and Luffy).

Right now, I would like to see his former bounty. That would give a lot info on what the Government thinks of him and Ace.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 18:25   Link #72
AdventSleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains of Heaven View Post
Luffy may have a kairouseki(seastone) in one hand and attack him with his normal punches without making his arms stretch..
no that wouldnt work because kairouseki, i believe, not only stops the devil fruit powers but also drains him of energy, luffy would have no energy to fight. Zoro and Sanji with kairouseki is a diff story
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 19:05   Link #73
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Luffy has one advantage against Blackbeard. It is the strength of his attacks. His Gear 2 attack is strong enough to make an impact on Blackbeard. Unlike someone like Ace, his strength is his body-based attack power. And, I don't think Blackbeard's power can neutralize that attack at the impact.
Old 2007-11-30, 19:50   Link #74
Fyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Luffy has one advantage against Blackbeard. It is the strength of his attacks. His Gear 2 attack is strong enough to make an impact on Blackbeard. Unlike someone like Ace, his strength is his body-based attack power. And, I don't think Blackbeard's power can neutralize that attack at the impact.
I fear that is not enough.

Shanks is worried almost feared of Blackbeard...and even went as far as arguing Whitebeard to have him pull Ace from Blackbeard...so much he feared for Ace's fate.

Blackbeared gave cruel scars to Shanks, one of four emperors BEFORE he got Logia fruit.

Ace PIERCED his heart with Firelance, HE shrugged it off.

I am saying here that Blackbear even WITHOUT Yami-Yami is monster. Walking monster with horrible physical stamina and durabilty,and he should be strong and fast too to scar and survive battle against master-swordsman as Shanks.

Blackbeard was already man to be reckoned with, and now when he possess Darkness Logia fruit, Yami-Yami his potential surprassess everything we have seen.

Even though his Logia power adds fearful and powerful layer on his charecter power it may also cause possible weakness.

Seastone seems to drain Devil Fruit users strenght and rend them powerless...mayby this allow to deliver fatal bunch to him.

Sazelyt, I believe that Oda is making Blackbeard final villain in World of One Piece. and considering his monstrous strenght I am not sure that even direct hit of Giganto-Jet Bazooka (Gear 2+3) would be enough to kill him.
Old 2007-12-13, 14:47   Link #75
tntrulez

Blackbeard is weak. His powers isn't all that great either. Ao Kiji can easily kick his ass.
tntrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 16:23   Link #76
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Now that I think about it, it still feels strange that Blackbeard, when pirating under the name Whitebeard, did not want to show his true strength. It still does not make a lot sense considering his one goal. By hiding his own power, did he want to prevent a promotion? Not that a promotion would prevent him getting that devil fruit in the same way he obtained before. Did he want to avoid the eyes of the government? Again, does not make sense considering he wanted to be known to the government so that he can become a Shichibukai in his next advance position. Did he want to avoid fighting equal of his strength? Considering his battle with Shanks, he is not someone that would be frightened to battle....
Old 2007-12-14, 23:54   Link #77
Boduar

Someone on the strawhat crew is going to accidentally bump into blackbeard on a pier and knock him into the water without noticing and Blackbeard drowns ending the story before it even begins.

P.S. im pretty sure if Luffy stretched his arms to hit Blackbeard when his power gets nullified his arm would probably rip off or if hes in gear 2 his blood would probably explode out of his body or in gear3 just have all his blood explode a piece of his body.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 08:28   Link #78
Fyria

Quote:
Now that I think about it, it still feels strange that Blackbeard, when pirating under the name Whitebeard, did not want to show his true strength. It still does not make a lot sense considering his one goal. By hiding his own power, did he want to prevent a promotion? Not that a promotion would prevent him getting that devil fruit in the same way he obtained before. Did he want to avoid the eyes of the government? Again, does not make sense considering he wanted to be known to the government so that he can become a Shichibukai in his next advance position. Did he want to avoid fighting equal of his strength? Considering his battle with Shanks, he is not someone that would be frightened to battle....
Makes sense in way that without fame or ill-reputation he could freely do his undercover work around world preparing his plans.

He was able to gather Laffite,Van Auge, Doc Q and Burgess to his crew. Also he traveled around the world for possible information and plans, he sacked Drum Kindgom on his way.

If you want to work undercover and move freely and un-noticed around world fame is quite bad thing.

One thing is quite clear, we really don't know anything certain of Blackbeard's plans and goal, I guess when more is revealed we will know what he searched on his travels and what did he do.
Old 2007-12-16, 12:00   Link #79
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Blackbeard has proven himself to being an extremely formidable pirate. Let us examine all of his factors and feats that help to substantiate this claim.

1) Blackbeard is so powerful that he and his four other crewmates completely destroyed Drum Kingdom all by themselves, an act so threatening that it forced all of the country’s inhabitants and King Wapol to flee out of pure fear.

2) Blackbeard murdered the 4th divison commander of Whitebeard's crew in order to obtain the Yami Yami no Mi (Darkness Fruit). Now, we don't know yet exactly how he did it and whether or not Oda is going to further elaborate on that incident. However, this was the 4th division commander we are talking about here, a pirate who was strong enough to claim the title of division commander on a Yonkou's crew. Blackbeard killing this commander is an action that certainly merits his strength and is not a task that any ordinary pirate can pull off.

3) Blackbeard's crewmates have shown impressive feats of power and ability so far. Van Auger shot a flock of seagulls from an island so far away that the strawhats could not even it see from their position. Jesus Burgess picked up a whole hotel with minimal effort, jumped high up into the air, and then quickly threw it at Ace. Doc Q, in spite of languishing all the time, has shown that he can be really dangerous. When he met Luffy in Jaya Island, one bite out of his explosive apples could have killed Luffy. Raffite managed to sneak into the World Government headquarters all by himself and he was completely undetected by three shichibukai members and Sengoku the Buddha. What makes this feat even more impressive is the fact that he wears tap dancing shoes, making his movements all the more prone to making noise. Considering that Blackbeard is the captain of his crew, a position usually given to the strongest member, that says something about him.

4) Blackbeard shoved Sarquiss's face into the ground and instantly KO'd him. Sarquiss was a pirate worth 38 million berries and it only took one hit from Blackbeard to put him out of commission. This showed a brief glimpse of his physical prowess.

5) Blackbeard scarred Shanks, who is one of the Four Emperors, before he ate the Yami Yami no Mi. Shanks also said that he wasn't careless and he clearly takes him very seriously.

6) The Yami Yami no Mi that Blackbeard has consumed has nearly given him godlike abilities in the One Piece world. He can compress all matter around him with his dark gravity, suck in anything with his dark vortex, and he can nullify any devil fruit power by means of physical contact. In his encounter with Ace, Ace used his Hiken on Blackbeard and his crew and they all merely shrugged off the attack. Furthermore, it only took one punch from Blackbeard to nearly break Ace's neck.

All of the above feats of strength and ability clearly exemplify Blackbeard as a worthy candidate of being one of the strongest characters in the series.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 13:30   Link #80
Slayerx

Quote:
Well one thing to keep in mind is that Blackbeard may not have a full plan but is partly making it up as he goes... He joined Whitebeard for two reasons, one for protection should shanks try and come after him, and two because it was the best place to be to find the yami-yami fruit. Another thing to point out is that Whitebeard himself would get in the way of his plans to become the pirate king... For Blackbeard to one day challenge whitebeard, it's best for him to keep his powers and intentions secret.

Now as for Blackbeard's plan, he may have originally planned on finding the yami-yami fruit himself and remaining hiding behind Whitebeard, keeping his strength a secret, until it was time to make his move; this would have actually been preferable since Whitebeard is the closest pirate to obtaining One Piece... He could have done this had the 4th division leader not found the fruit before he did... Because he wanted the fruit, he had to kill the 4th leader and leave whitebeard's side; so leaving Whitebeard could have been more of a despiration move than part of a plan. Problem is he still needed help hiding since he may not have considered himself ready to face Whitebeard; he'd rather wait for a better opportunity... So he chose to join the Shichibukai to hide behind the world gov't, just as he hid behind Whitbeard, until he was ready to make his move...

So ya, Blackbeard hiding his strength makes more sense when you consider that he wanted to keep his strength a secret from his greatest enemy (whitebeard) and that becoming one of the Shichibukai was not his original plan.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote