AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-14, 22:22   Link #2861
ion475
にこにこにー

I guess with all these Holo fetish, she may still has a half chance of coming back next year (The tail? The nekomimi Wolf ear FTW)

Anyway, the necklace comes down to Shana v. Mio. Shana fan try but Mio's SDO advantage is too much. Haganai split as usual, Aria is abandon (At least using Exhibition 3 results...)

Onto exhibition:
1 - Seriously, Index > Kyouko? I guess Akarin is the only one that's popular...
2 - Koneko is THIS popular? Nice to know
3 - 3 way matchup, the goddess won...
4 - Louise losing I'm fine with, at least give it to Tomoyo...
5 - HanaKana FTW
6 - MaMAMIa...
7 - Poor Mikan...
8 - Utter destruction...a girl from an ongoing anime that's as popular as Biribiri vs. a mid-tier (at best) girl is just not fair.
Old 2012-09-14, 22:24   Link #2862
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Almost broke 12,000 vote in the main match.
Old 2012-09-14, 22:26   Link #2863
broken270
Defying gravity

Talk about getting trampled. I guess a lot of people liked Saber and Kiritsugu separately, but together, not so much. Indeed, as a pair, Kirito and Asuna are much more in sync and just better as a pair compared to their opponents. I think the bigger question now is how many of those voters voted thinking as a pair match and how many had a certain person in mind when voting that arena.

Until then, it looks like Koneko and Asuna are going to make a lot of noise come next year. With Season 2, maybe Toshinou will be there, considering that about half of Nova is going to the Stella side.
Old 2012-09-14, 22:36   Link #2864
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
I guess with all these Holo fetish, she may still has a half chance of coming back next year (The tail? The nekomimi Wolf ear FTW)

Anyway, the necklace comes down to Shana v. Mio. Shana fan try but Mio's SDO advantage is too much. Haganai split as usual, Aria is abandon (At least using Exhibition 3 results...)

Onto exhibition:
1 - Seriously, Index > Kyouko? I guess Akarin is the only one that's popular...
Index was in the regular season hard to compare really especially in a 7 way match, but meh ISML has bad tastes sometimes .

And even though Shana lost the necklace, I am happy with Mio winning it.

Just wow at the Kirito/Asuna stomp though .
MAL
Old 2012-09-14, 23:04   Link #2865
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Index was in the regular season hard to compare really especially in a 7 way match, but meh ISML has bad tastes sometimes .
More like most of the time...

Quote:
Just wow at the Kirito/Asuna stomp though .
The margin is a little bit surprising. Saber was fairly strong this year (due to Fate/Zero). As much as Asuna is Biribiri strength (I found them to be very similar anyway...), 8140-3097 (72.44%) is insane...

Quote:
Until then, it looks like Koneko and Asuna are going to make a lot of noise come next year. With Season 2, maybe Toshinou will be there, considering that about half of Nova is going to the Stella side.
Personally I'm not too sure about Koneko. Although Season 2 is coming, which would help her chance (She looks more like a mid-tier to me...). Asuna is surely going to be strong. Kyouko? She's fodder, sadly (No, I don't hate Kyouko, but ISML voters in general has weird and crappy taste...)
Old 2012-09-14, 23:42   Link #2866
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Kirito-Asuna have great future ahead...

and Shana is lost... looks like she won't get anything anymore from ISML
I'm so sad
Old 2012-09-15, 01:47   Link #2867
ppaaccoojrf

Where did this "Asuna is as popular as Biribiri" thing come from? What did I miss?

Or are people comparing both series because they're both massively popular sci-fantasy LNs?
Old 2012-09-15, 04:24   Link #2868
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
Where did this "Asuna is as popular as Biribiri" thing come from? What did I miss?

Or are people comparing both series because they're both massively popular sci-fantasy LNs?
SAO's LNs has popularity pasted that of Index's in japans this year, and the sales look to be well above it for anime purposes, so I expect Asuna to do very well in ISML next year.
MAL
Old 2012-09-15, 10:40   Link #2869
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
LN girls ranking. Biribiri is #1 while Asuna is #2. SAO sweep everything else, though (Kirito being the #1 male, SAO being #1 LN over Index).

I only use Biribiri b/c personally I found them to have very similar personality, nothing else.
Old 2012-09-15, 13:57   Link #2870
Sphire

Damn, forgot about checking this earlier. Mio still manages to win, and has a nice picture to boot. Inori winning something is pretty sweet too. With another nice picture. Unfortunately, I don't think she'll go far in post season.

And Asuna will be dangerous next year. I did expect a trounce, but that was a little more than expected. Sure the pairing itself is a factor, but still. I'm not sure how this bodes for next year, although I think Kuroyukihime vs Asuna will be great to see.
Old 2012-09-15, 14:37   Link #2871
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
LN girls ranking. Biribiri is #1 while Asuna is #2. SAO sweep everything else, though (Kirito being the #1 male, SAO being #1 LN over Index).
But that's only data from Japan, and only from the LN readers to boot. I know we barely have more data to compare, but coming to that conclusion with such a non-indicative sample feels a little far-fetched, personally.
Quote:
I only use Biribiri b/c personally I found them to have very similar personality, nothing else.
Having read (most) of both LNs, I disagree. Asuna is more mature and strict with herself, but generally dependent on others (though incredibly bold), while Misaka is more rebellious and brash (and chilidish), and likes doing things on her own instead of depending on others.

For example, in a cross over, Misaka would probably be a Solo Player, while Asuna would probably become a member of Judgement. Well, that's my take on it at least.

Spoiler for Disclaimer:
Old 2012-09-15, 14:51   Link #2872
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler for Nova PS:

Spoiler for Stella PS:

I am having a problem visualizing how the joint PS is going to look like. Is it something like this?
Spoiler for Possible Joint PS:
Old 2012-09-15, 20:57   Link #2873
stormtrooper

It might be like this

Spoiler for Joint PS, Group Crossover:
Old 2012-09-15, 23:18   Link #2874
HasuMasu
*Artist

Nice poster there.

SAO expected outcome, all set for 2013.
Old 2012-09-16, 00:42   Link #2875
broken270
Defying gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
It might be like this

Spoiler for Joint PS, Group Crossover:
Right. That's certainly how it should be arranged vs wise. I was so focused in making sure that everything fits statistically that I got my arrangement screwed up. I changed it a bit such that 1N would meet 2S and 1S meets 2N in the semi-finals, so the formula should end up like this.
Spoiler for Maybe Joint PS:

Okay, I think I got the visual part down. Thanks, stormtrooper.
Old 2012-09-19, 00:27   Link #2876
Team Rocket Elite

Congrats on winning the Topaz Necklace, Akiyama Mio! Poor Shana will have to go without a necklace this year. She may have had a sizable advantage but Mio did really in staying close enough to Shana to take the necklace. 169 is what made the difference. I guess this year really highlighted the problems with Kugimiya Rie having so many strong characters. Shana and Taiga sabotaged each other for 3 periods and when Shana finally got away from Taiga, she didn't have the SDO to get the job done anymore. Aria showing up in Topaz probably didn't help either. Hanazawa Kana can get away with this because Kanade is strong enough to win despite split votes and take an early necklace. Everyone else did badly relative to Shana and Mio but Yui did end up doing quite well relative to Yuki. This might have been because Yui's SDO was also pretty good. Sena and Kobato split vote each other to death and unsurprisingly Aria gets hammered by Shana's presence to take last place.

Kyouko looks stronger after Season 2. However, she still trails a fair bit behind Index.

Toujou Koneko really surprised me with her performance. I didn't think she would win, let alone so easily. I only watched Highschool DxD not to long ago so it's cool to see Koneko do well.

I was looking forward to seeing how well Yuuhi was doing after so many years since Kugimiya Rie characters tend to have strong staying power. It's too bad she got paired with Aria making her strength completely unreadable. Maybe I'll get a better read the next time she shows up.

The battle for the Topaz Earrings was Inori vs Tomoyo as I thought it would be and Inori came out on top. Congrats to Inori!

I generally don't give newcomers much credit before their first match. I thought I was being generous when I pegged Asuna and Kirito as being only a bit weaker than Saber and Kiritsugu. Reaching Saber's level is no small feat afterall. I was completely wrong. Asuna and Kirito completely demolish their opponents. At face value, it's a performance that means Tachibana Kanade would have trouble hitting 40%. I don't know if this is something Asuna could do in a non-exhibition match but if it is we may have out ISML 2013 Champion already.

For those interested, here are my character rankings from before Topaz 1 and after Topaz 7:

Before Topaz 1:
Spoiler for Character Ranking before Topaz 1:

After Topaz 7:
Spoiler for Character Ranking after Topaz 7:
Old 2012-09-21, 11:13   Link #2877
broken270
Defying gravity

Beautiful post-season poster. Not that it is a problem, but I do no see any exhibition matches. Maybe they will come later in the metagame.
Old 2012-09-21, 23:02   Link #2878
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hm you're right, we don't have any exhibition matches. I guess that means we blame wontaek. Now if Irisviel and Saber had a baby, and that baby wants to lick Holo's tail...
Old 2012-09-21, 23:21   Link #2879
stormtrooper

Fantasy players will like it. Less matches means less effort.
Old 2012-09-22, 00:13   Link #2880
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Hm you're right, we don't have any exhibition matches. I guess that means we blame wontaek. Now if Irisviel and Saber had a baby, and that baby wants to lick Holo's tail...
Then that would just be creepy... :P

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament