AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 37 36.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 37.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-22, 11:48   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Very sweet episode. The beginning was pretty sad and tragic for both sisters, thankfully the episode didn't sink into melodrama unfitting of the series and the second half was actually quite heart-warming and light-hearted. Love is finally starting to bloom between Rikka and Yuuta. This development felt very natural to me, as if the whole series had been leading up to that one moment.

Rikka was just too cute in this episode... the kind of cuteness that makes you want to hug her, take her home, and take a nap with her.

The scenes featuring the other club members were also nice. I was eagerly awaiting Shinka's reaction upon discovering the "tattoo" on her back, and she did not disappoint. I liked her reaction to the news Rikka and Yuuta were going home together too. Not a hint of jealousy, she was actually excited for them instead. That's quite refreshing. There won't be any love triangle in this anime (Kumin is too much of an airhead and Dekomori is too much of a kid).
Old 2012-11-22, 14:34   Link #62
inisipis

The best part of this episode is obviously when Yuuta and Rikka are alone. It's all sweet and tender without being too forced upon. We can see the strong dynamic between the two characters that normally are overwhelmed by more intriguing side characters in other shows, but not here, their interactions together is more than enough to drive the story to an interesting realization.

I like it how they set-up a parallel pseudo-date between Yuuta and Rikka against Isshiki and Kumin. One is a natural simple progression of the pair's exploration into something new that both set upon while the other is a rather hilarious misadventure between two disconnected individual.

I think Yuuta is definitely in love with Rikka, he just lack the acumen to realize that, probably due to his guarded emotion from his past Chuuni past. There is clear of ray of light that Rikka is slowly coming out of her problem. There is strong indication that she acknowledges that her problem started with what happened to her family. And most importantly of all her realization that she has romantic feelings for Yuuta or at least burgeoning feelings of loving someone. This is a good indication, for someone that is falling in love is someone that looking forward to a future and no longer burdening oneself of a past that can't be change.

It's nice that they also hinted that Touka is a very caring sister, despite the harsh treatment she always impose. It must be great of her to cook all natural home-cooked meals for Rikka instead of letting her buying processed food from a convenience store.

Last edited by inisipis; 2012-11-22 at 16:31. Reason: name fix-up
Old 2012-11-22, 16:26   Link #63
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
It's nice that they also hinted that Yuuko is a very caring sister, despite the harsh treatment she always impose. It must be great of her to cook all natural home-cooked meals for Rikka instead of letting her buying processed food from a convenience store.
Touka. For a moment I read that as "Yuuto was a very caring sister" and was very confused
Old 2012-11-22, 17:04   Link #64
Awrya
U mad?

So in her delusions, the family house still exists. Pretty sad when the interior of the house in her delusion was empty and grey.

So the one who introduced Rikka to chuunibyou was Yuuta in middle school?
That bandage over his right arm and the missing contact lens gave it away
Was she copying his bandage on her left arm?

The parallel date was pretty funny, so you'll end up like Isshiki if you miss all the fags on a date
Edit: Just found out his VA also voiced Jesus Yamato.
Old 2012-11-22, 17:57   Link #65
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Am I the only one thinking Yuuta is the one at danger in this relationship? Let's suppose he does fall in love with Chuuni Rikka, how can he be sure that she heals and accepts the lose of her father she would not reject him as part of the embarrassing Chuuni past? I mean, Mori Summer was a very nice girl, she would not doubt had given her blood to a thirsty vampire (now no doubt she would drink the vampire blood to become immortal ala Dio Brando >_< ), so there is no guarantee that Rikka would continue to be cute and in love of Yuuta when she matures.
Old 2012-11-22, 20:20   Link #66
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Am I the only one thinking Yuuta is the one at danger in this relationship? Let's suppose he does fall in love with Chuuni Rikka, how can he be sure that she heals and accepts the lose of her father she would not reject him as part of the embarrassing Chuuni past? I mean, Mori Summer was a very nice girl, she would not doubt had given her blood to a thirsty vampire (now no doubt she would drink the vampire blood to become immortal ala Dio Brando >_< ), so there is no guarantee that Rikka would continue to be cute and in love of Yuuta when she matures.
If that would become an obstacle then she never truly loved him at all.
Old 2012-11-22, 23:11   Link #67
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Rikka was so cute in this episode

Makoto blocked by his own stupiedity
Old 2012-11-22, 23:21   Link #68
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

When I actually paid attention, I found that how Dark Flame Master come into existance struck a chord so hard. The feeling of being different and not-really-belong-here that just poped up out of nowhere is something I've experinced myself.

When I was at the exact chuunibyou age, Harry Potter was all the rage. Let me apologize the fans for bringing it up as an example here, but I found the magic "world" in there very childish. By coincident, that was also the time I discovered and enjoyed a lot of classic series such as Asimov's Foundation series, Authur C. Clake's Space Odyssey series, The Lord of the Ring, etc. Sometimes I'd go find a secret corner of the school and enjoyed reading these stuffs that all of my friend totally ignored. In retrospect, I must really looked like "suddenly shows interest in classic literature" chuunibyou type back then.

So unlike Rikka's, I unconditionally like Yuuta's backstory. It make me sad that this is probably all we will see about it. I'd love to see how the feeling of being different turned into his Dark Flame Master alter-ego and the process which led to him abandoning it.
Old 2012-11-22, 23:28   Link #69
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
BTW, I wonder why Rikka can't spit it out after seeing Yuuta doing his Dark Flame Master days when they were young? I mean, she was inspired by Yuuta!
Old 2012-11-23, 00:45   Link #70
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

the sister is well a horrible human being. That is all I can draw from it. Though people grieve differently.
Old 2012-11-23, 01:08   Link #71
Witheirate

Rikka signed a new contract with the Dark Flame Master. Wonder what does it means...
Old 2012-11-23, 23:49   Link #72
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Nice to Rikka get some healing from the first half...
Old 2012-11-24, 00:00   Link #73
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You know, Yuuta's gun armband was kind of neat. I actually think a lot of his chuuni toys are pretty creative compared to Rikka's, like the fluorescent light pyramid.
It's popularized from the movie Taxi Driver (1976) starring Robert De Niro. Travis (played by De Niro) uses that in one of the coolest scenes ever in that movie. You can search Youtube for "Taxi Driver sleeve gun."

There's even a how to build it yourself video
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...he-sleeve-gun/

Last edited by kj1980; 2012-11-24 at 00:17.
Old 2012-11-24, 02:17   Link #74
Metaler

Got some Dude vibes from Yuuta during this episode.
Old 2012-11-24, 09:14   Link #75
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

my comment for this episode is simple...

cheer up! Rikka fans! you got your flag!!

and for Nibutani's fans... let's sulking out in the corner together with me..
yea... it seems odd and super cute when Rikka finally showing her cuteness and awareness about her feeling...
too bad that the couple leave the rest of the club members and go to have 'fun' together...
Old 2012-11-24, 16:12   Link #76
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer View Post
the sister is well a horrible human being. That is all I can draw from it. Though people grieve differently.
Hmm, I don't really picture her that way. The way I see it is, Toka is the serious type, she accepts things that happen around the world and doesn't try to run from reality which is actually not all that uncommon.

Rikka on the other hand, she's the more delicate type of person. I haven't thought about it too much weather she accepts the death or not, but I find she just wants to express or lighten her pain by doing something she really enjoys. Even if that something is embarrassing for others, it's her way of dealing with her mourning. Just my take on it.
Old 2012-11-24, 20:12   Link #77
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I think I understand why the drama has less punch than expected. This is a romantic comedy, but for one reason or another the reason for Rikka chuunibyou is on the dramatic side. So what they try to do is kept the drama short and more symbolic. I for one think that seeing how Rikka view that fight is better than seeing Touka just keep hitting her. Make no mistake, I still think that the story for the drama part is weaker than I'd like. But I think I see why it turned out this way.

After that though it's all great stuff. The romance is coming along nicely. Rikka is certain but unaware of her feeling, and Yuuta is awared but isn't sure of his feeling. I really like every little interaction they did that just keep moving them another step closer, but not quite there yet. Maybe it's because of my personal background, but I much prefer this kind of romantic story over the just-confess-and-kiss-already that many seems to be asking for. This is the type of stories than put a smile on my face, not a palm on my forehead.
With all the comedy, I think at this point it'd be a real problem to add a heavy dose of drama, but as jarring as it can be sometimes, it more or less works, although I think some of the transitions could be better handled. And I've complained elsewhere about some of the writing.

However, the romantic plot is superbly done--all the confusion of teen romance (hence the realistically slow pacing), even if there's a more serious subtext beneath it. The chemistry between the pair feels natural and easy, except when the two become acutely aware of what might be happening. Rikka noticing Yuuta's smell on her borrowed clothes, and Yuuta missing the significance of it was a nice touch. It seems so typically male for Yuuta to think that only a kiss could be a real sign of Rikka having romantic feelings, and being oblivious of everything else.
Old 2012-11-25, 04:13   Link #78
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer View Post
You meant Toka is a horrible human being. I'm surprised that most people here are Rikka's fanboys.

Let me ask you this. what'd you feel if you had to make a lunch box for your little sister everyday, went to work until night so that you had money to feed that said sister, and after you got home that said sister'd say something that you had no idea what she was babbling on about for years.

To me Rikka is the one who's causing pains for Toka. BTW, it is Rikka who's always started the fight.

Rikka's character seems forced. What teenager'd grieve the loss of her father for 3 years? If she were a little kid, I'd somewhat understand.

I had a couple of friends who lost their father or mother when they were young. Sure they'd cry a lot but they'd come to terms with their grief in months not years because they had something else in life to take care of.

Anyway, this series's pretty much ended for me the moment Shinka was out of the picture.
Old 2012-11-25, 06:48   Link #79
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
Rikka's character seems forced. What teenager'd grieve the loss of her father for 3 years? If she were a little kid, I'd somewhat understand.

I had a couple of friends who lost their father or mother when they were young. Sure they'd cry a lot but they'd come to terms with their grief in months not years because they had something else in life to take care of.
It is highly dependant of the inividual and their relationship they had with their parents. Some individual can even go insane despite they are adults and so forth. The same can be said for parents losing their children, regardless how old the parents and children are.
There are actually case that the said person -never- recovers from the loss of their relative, no matter how long they went through psychotherapy etc.

Being bereaved by someone loss is absolutely not a cutting formula "if they are at that age, they will be sad for only sad for X weeks or Y months".
Old 2012-11-25, 07:35   Link #80
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post

Robert E. Howard never recovered from what happened to his mother. People copes with the loss of someone in different ways, some just were NOT ready.